6.7

104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
978-882-6767

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
My appointments with Dr. Morris (previously Sabatini) have always left me feeling hopeful, well taken care of, informed, and prepared. She has remembered details about my life and my first son despite the fact that our experience with her has spanned years. She is kind and warm, always gentle in her delivery...first pregnancy came after two rounds of Clomid/IUI. At the time, my ovarian reserve was lower than it should have been for my age and my husband's semen analysis was not strong either. She recommended IVF over IUI but supported our outlook on hoping we did not need it.
[Massachusetts General Hospital] is located in a clean & very well-maintained medical office building with abundant parking...staff is very friendly and organized from the receptionists to the lab technicians. Appointment times are abundant but sometimes run a bit delayed for early morning labwork and ultrasounds...[Nurse] can be a bit abrasive...shared over the phone that we would absolutely need IVF when I called to confirm test results. I felt it was not her place to give that news when we had not yet had a consultation to review results with Dr. Morris.
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Dr. Morris has been and continues to be kind, informative, and direct in my care. She shares data, presents options, and offers her guidance and suggestions in a clear way. I have always felt heard and understood when sharing how we feel about certain treatments and her response is full of respect and support.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Advocate for yourself emotionally so that she can make an informed suggestion, equally important as a medical one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Describe the protocols Mary Sabatini used in your cycles at Massachusetts General Hospital and their degree of success.
My first pregnancy came after two rounds of Clomid/IUI. At the time, my ovarian reserve was lower than it should have been for my age and my husband's semen analysis was not strong either. She recommended IVF over IUI but supported our outlook on hoping we did not need it. During our attempt for a second child, she prescribed my husband 3x weekly Clomid and we attempted 6 rounds of Clomid/IUI (one was canceled due to high risk of multiples) in 2019, then three rounds of FSH/IUI at the start of 2020. Due to the Coronavirus, our final 3 FSH/IUI rounds were postponed and we plan to pursue IVF when our office reopens. Currently, my AMH has decreased significantly while my husbands stats continue to improve slightly with each treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Cathy )
Cathy is informative and through but can be a bit abrasive. My most prominent memory of her is from the very beginning of our experience with Dr. Morris' office in 2016 when she shared over the phone that we would absolutely need IVF when I called to confirm test results. I felt it was not her place to give that news when we had not yet had a consultation to review results with Dr. Morris.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
The clinic is located in a clean & very well-maintained medical office building with abundant parking. The staff is very friendly and organized from the receptionists to the lab technicians. Appointment times are abundant but sometimes run a bit delayed for early morning labwork and ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Up to this point, our IUI cycles and labwork have mostly been covered by our insurance provider. We plan to pay out of pocket for our IVF cycle and medication.
Describe Mary Sabatini's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Massachusetts General Hospital.
We do not have any experience to share but know that she elects to do eSet. We feel confident and very comfortable with a single embryo transfer.

2014 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Sabatini] was readily available, despite her busy schedule...during my second ectopic we decided to go right to surgery...she really wanted to be the one with me in surgery...that evening Dr. Sabatini was there. After working all day in Danvers, she made it into Boston that evening to help with the surgery...She reminded me of the complications that can arise with a multiple pregnancy...we transferred both and I was lucky that both implanted, but I lost one around 7 weeks. The other is now going to be 4 in June
The nursing staff [at Massachusetts General Hospital] was amazing...There were 2 nurses I dealt with that always returned my calls and called with test results when they said they would...The office was always clean, appointments were always running on time, everyone in the office was friendly...My husband wasn't always able to come with me because of work, but I truly felt as though I had a friend with me when she was my tech...I was always able to get an early appointment
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
I liked Dr. Sabatini instantly. From our first consult meeting my husband and I felt at ease and could see she was extremely knowledgeable in her area. She was constantly checking in and following up with us. She was readily available, despite her busy schedule. We went through a lot together. Dr. Sabatini offered support during my losses and throughout my one success. Even years after being her patient when I suffered yet another ectopic she responded to my email with compassion and support. My husband and I were debating trying again and we figured if Dr. Sabatini would still be working with us then we will. The one IVF cycle that brought me my son she was a major part of. Its rare for your doctor to complete both the retrieval and the transfer. I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Sabatini complete both and I believed all the positive energy and expertise helped bring my son into this world. For that I will always be grateful.
Book as soon as possible, I've found this time around her availability is slim. Also, speak your mind, be open and honest. Don't be afraid to disagree with her. She will take your thoughts and opinions into account. On my 5th round of IVF we had 2 really good embryos ready to transfer. She felt confident transferring one and I told her I'd really rather go with two. And she asked me over and over if I was sure because of the complications that can happen in a multiple pregnancy. I felt strongly about 2, and she told me she was confident with one and freezing the other. I asked her for 2 because in the past I had only had 1 implant and lost it early in pregnancy even with 2 transferred. She told me it was my call and we went with 2. They both implanted, and I lost one of them early on. The other is now going to be 4 in June. When I went back to see her after I had been released from her care she told me she was glad I went with my gut and had 2 transferred. So don't be afraid to disagree or want something they may not.
Dr. Sabatini definitely made me feel like a human. I will always remember during my second ectopic we decided to go right to surgery. She was booked in the office all day, however, she told me she really wanted to be the one with me in surgery. Well, I went to MGH Boston after being seen in Danvers to wait for a room and surgery. Well, I was prepped for surgery and when I came out of surgery that evening Dr. Sabatini was there. After working all day in Danvers, she made it into Boston that evening to help with the surgery or be there when I woke up. I was shocked to see her and also so glad. That convinced I was in good hands.
It's been about 5 years and my memory isn't very good. We used ICSI after the first round resulted in few eggs being fertilized. We also used assisted hatching. This time around during our consult and planning we discussed upping my dosage because I'm older and I had few eggs produced in my earlier cycles. This may also be our last go for IVF since I will have reached the last cycle covered by insurance. I'm not sure of the specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
The nursing staff was amazing. They were on top of it all. There were 2 nurses I dealt with that always returned my calls and called with test results when they said they would. They were always available to answer questions and always made sure I felt comfortable and understood my test results. I never felt rushes through phone conversations or visits. They were kind and compassionate throughout my losses and celebrated my success as well. The entire staff at the Danvers office was amazing. The nurses I had for the retrievals and transfers were also some of the best. Truly there to help us feel comfortable and support us through such a difficult time and overwhelming experience.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
The clinic was wonderful. Just walking through the door I felt welcomed. The office was always clean, appointments were always running on time, everyone in the office was friendly. This was for both Danvers and Boston. I will say there was one ultrasound tech who I always looked forward to seeing. She was the best and always made it less stressful. She was always smiling and happy to see you. My husband wasn't always able to come with me because of work, but I truly felt as though I had a friend with me when she was my tech. She was so empathetic when we realized the pregnancy ended early. She was compassionate when we realized another pregnancy was ectopic. I will say keeping the same staff though the years really helped me feel more comfortable and at ease. After had my son I wanted to go back just to show everyone what they had helped me bring into the world. I send them our Christmas cards each year, I've sent thank you cards to the staff and doctor after he was born. I was so grateful to have such a supportive community throughout the entire process which went on for about 2 years.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Massachusetts General Hospital.
The schedule worked so well for me. I was teaching at the time and needed the earliest appointment so that I could still get to work on time. I was always able to get an early appointment. I think there was one time that I had actually waited a while- I don't remember what caused the wait but they were very apologetic. Also it wasn't common to wait to be taken in so I wasn't upset.
I was very fortunate to have my costs covered by my insurance. I was only responsible for Co pays.
For each of my 3 cycles I had 2 embryos transferred. Dr. Sabatini only performed one of the transfers and she felt confident transferring 1. I really wanted both transfered. Due to my history of only one implanting and the many losses I suffered, I think she agreed. She reminded me of the complications that can arise with a multiple pregnancy and I still preferred both to be transferred. Well, we transferred both and I was lucky that both implanted, but I lost one around 7 weeks. The other is now going to be 4 in June.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Sabatini is compassionate while also being direct and sharing the facts. She works out a plan for you to follow on your journey with positivity the entire way. She used to talk to us as if having a baby was a certainty, not a possibility. She made us optimistic. We trusted her guidance and she led us to the best outcome possible- a beautiful daughter and frozen embryos for the future. We owe our daughter- our family- to her...Ask her questions, she will be happy to answer...my ivf cycles were quite straight forward- my follicles grew well and many were retrieved. Nonetheless, she made me aware of all possibilities and what would happen in different scenarios.
During our second retrieval [at Massachusetts General Hospital], our nurse, Cathy, failed to call us to tell us how many embryos were successfully fertilized and whether or not we were to start progesterone...We ended up having to call the doctor on call after hours, who had to find our file and then share with us the good news that we had embryos fertilized and to start progesterone...The techs are wonderful! Always upbeat during scans and the nurses who drew my blood were always sweet and caring. The office itself runs smoothly, appointments were always on time, and I looked forward to seeing all of Sabatini’s staff (besides Cathy, who I usually only spoke to on the phone).
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Trust her. Know that she has your best interests in mind. Ask her questions, she will be happy to answer. Contact her office with any concerns you have. Believe in her optimism.
Dr. Sabatini learned about us as a couple and cared about what we were going through. While she was compassionate, she was also direct and helped us to see where we stood and where we needed to go.
Dr. Sabatini’s office is very experienced and knows what they’re doing. Each scan will lead them to direct your medications accordingly, know that they are making changes as needed. We were very lucky and my ivf cycles were quite straight forward- my follicles grew well and many were retrieved. Nonetheless, she made me aware of all possibilities and what would happen in different scenarios.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Cathy (can’t remember last name))
If you end up working with Cathy, Dr. Sabatini’s nurse, know to have a tough skin. Cathy wasn’t always pleasant and often seemed annoyed by questions. She isn’t especially personable and seems to lack empathy. She also didn’t always call when she was supposed to. She sometimes came across as straight up rude. We put up with her because of how much we liked Dr. Sabatini, but if we’d had a choice, we would not have chosen to work with her.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We had insurance for our first cycles, but our frozen cycle was uninsured. It was quite expensive, at least $4,000-$6,000.
Dr. Sabatini was an advocate for transferring a single embryo in our cycles, as our embryos were of high quality. We understand her reasoning behind this, as multiples can be more risky.
What specific things went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital.
During our second retrieval, our nurse, Cathy, failed to call us to tell us how many embryos were successfully fertilized and whether or not we were to start progesterone. We tried calling the clinic in the afternoon to inquire, and the receptionist said that they had until the end of the day to call us and that Cathy would. We waited, and she never did. The next time we called to get our embryo fertilization results, the office was closed. We were very upset, as we had no update and didn’t know if we should start progesterone. We ended up having to call the doctor on call after hours, who had to find our file and then share with us the good news that we had embryos fertilized and to start progesterone.

2015, Unknown Success
I really liked Dr. Sabatini. She could be brusque, as she was seeing a lot of people, so at times I felt like our conversations were hurried, and I would be out the door and into the nurse's office before I knew what had hit me. I went to her largely for a diagnosis after 2 1/2 years of not getting pregnant on my own. I have out of state insurance, however, so for actual treatment I will have to see someone else. But I thought Dr. Sabatini was brilliant, friendly, nonjudgmental, was easily reachable by email, and had great ideas for how to proceed. I'm sorry not to be working with her the whole way through...I wound up just seeing her for diagnosis, and she diagnosed me as unexplained. I wasn't ready for IVF, and so she suggested we first stimulate my ovulation and time intercourse, seeing how that went before moving on to something more advanced. At every stage she was respectful of my wanting a conservative, noninvasive approach, and honest with me about the odds of success. I did not do stimulation with her in the end, instead opting to try to conceive naturally for a little while longer (I was unsuccessful)...
Do your homework ahead of time so that you can ask questions and really retain the answers. In retrospect I wish I had made my partner come along to most of the appointments with me, so that there were two of us listening to what she told us and not just me...
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Truthfully, I kind of wish Dr. Sabatini would be my friend. She's smart, funny, and was respectful about my feelings of ambivalence, worry, hesitation about invasive procedures, and other wimpishness on my part. I saw her at every visit. I underwent a few different diagnostic procedures, including imaging in which Dr. Sabatini pronounced my ovaries and uterus "beautiful," which I thought was hilarious. She diagnosed me in the end with unexplained in fertility and a not serious fibroid, and her suggestion was that we stimulate me and rather than try IUI that we have timed intercourse at home, very respectful of my desire to be as minimally interfered with as possible. If I lived full time in Massachusetts, and MGH Danvers were in-network for my insurance, I absolutely would have continued seeing her.
Overall I spent about $3K out of pocket for all the testing and diagnostic work. I forget how much insurance paid, but it wasn't much, as the clinic was out of network.
2012 - 2015, Successful
I felt like a human because she [Dr. Sabatini] built such a nice relationship with my husband and I...She really took the time to understand what our goals were, What we were willing to go through, and then break down our options...Due to my age and my reasons for infertility, she recommended eSET which we completely agreed with...was incredibly caring when we were under her care. from the moment we met her we felt confident in her abilities and process. In our first consultation visit she explained everything so well to us.
The MGH clinic was one of the best run healthcare offices I have worked with. They really have their operations down. I never had an issue getting an appointment when I needed one. I never had to wait too long...I don't recall having any poor experiences [with the nurses]. The clinic runs really well and I always received calls when expected and with the appropriate level of compassion...the clinic has specific protocols that they use. I reacted very well to their standard protocols.
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Dr. Sabatini was incredibly caring when we were under her care. from the moment we met her we felt confident in her abilities and process. In our first consultation visit she explained everything so well to us. She really took the time to understand what our goals were, What we were willing to go through, and then break down our options. I recommended her to another friend who also loved her. Dr. Sabatini is one of the best doctors I have ever had. Fertility treatment is hard and she was incredibly understanding of that and helped make it as smooth as possible.
Trust her!
I felt like a human because she built such a nice relationship with my husband and I.
It has been so long now since my first fresh cycle. I don't know if doctors that their own protocol but I know the clinic has specific protocols that they use. I reacted very well to their standard protocols. For my fresh cycle, I used Lupron, Follistim or gonal-F, menopur, ovidrel trigger I believe, steroids and antibiotics before transfer as well as injectable progesterone and an estrogen patch. My two fresh cycles were pretty long to start which initiated with lupron and estrogen patches. As we neared transfer, I used estrogen patches, progesterone suppositories and progesterone injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I don't recall having any poor experiences. The clinic runs really well and I always received calls when expected and with the appropriate level of compassion.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
I had incredible health insurance and only needed to pay a copay for medication. I don't think I ever spend more than $140 per cycle out of pocket.
Boston