6.5

nurse available by email
Mary Stephenson works at

1801 West Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612

We first saw Dr. Stephenson after our third loss and felt very encouraged by how thorough she was at our initial consultation. During the course of her work up, she treated me for chronic endometritis that took several biopsies and courses of antibiotics to clear.... She is very connected in the field and runs tests with other doctors across the country. Everything she does is based on numbers and science and data. I felt very encouraged to have her as our doctor, but it is frustrating that she favors natural conception
It's tough to see Dr. Stephenson at UIC Hospital because it's part of the Women's Clinic seeing all types of patients. It is not uncommon to be surrounded by pregnant patients waving their ultrasound pictures around (not like my experience at normal RE's offices where you are all there hoping and trying to get pregnant).... Jennifer [nurse] is very compassionate. During a hysteroscopy earlier this year they found retained pregnancy tissue
How was your experience with Mary Stephenson at University of Illinois at Chicago?
Dr. Stephenson is a detective and will do all the necessary work ups to evaluate you as a patient. In our experience she is the only person we've encountered who focuses on recurrent pregnancy loss and staying pregnant (beyond just getting pregnant like most REs). She is very connected in the field and runs tests with other doctors across the country. Everything she does is based on numbers and science and data. I felt very encouraged to have her as our doctor, but it is frustrating that she favors natural conception when it feels like there are things we could be doing in a given cycle to improve our chances at a pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Stephenson at University of Illinois at Chicago?
If you've experienced two first trimester losses or one late loss, I would get in to see her as soon as possible. I feel like if we had seen her earlier in this process, we would not have experienced our third miscarriage (second trimester loss).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Stephenson at University of Illinois at Chicago?
We first saw Dr. Stephenson after our third loss and felt very encouraged by how thorough she was at our initial consultation. During the course of her work up, she treated me for chronic endometritis that took several biopsies and courses of antibiotics to clear. When we finally were ready to start trying again she suggested progesterone supplements after ovulation and baby aspirin. She definitely favors natural conception for her recurrent pregnancy loss patients.
Describe the protocols Mary Stephenson used in your cycles at University of Illinois at Chicago and their degree of success.
Dr. Stephenson favors natural conception. She put us on progesterone supplements post ovulation and baby aspirin throughout your cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Illinois at Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Benson)
Jennifer is very compassionate. During a hysteroscopy earlier this year they found retained pregnancy tissue (months after my D&C) which was extremely scary to watch on the monitor. She reassured me that I was exactly where I needed to be to resolve the situation. She also answers all of my questions throughout the process via phone calls.
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Stephenson at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Everything has been covered by my insurance for recurrent pregnancy loss evaluation and treatment.
Describe Mary Stephenson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Mary Stephenson

2018, Consult
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
It’s worth the wait to get in to see her [Dr. Mary Stephenson]!...There was a 3mos waiting period from the time i called to schedule my appt to the time we were able to see her...in our very first meeting we found out i had miscarried for the 6th time in a row. The circumstances were very tough but dr Stephenson and her staff her absolutely wonderful and incredible supportive throughout the remainder of my visit.
they [staff at University of Illinois at Chicago] were just wonderful, supportive, friendly, kind and accurate...There was a 3mos waiting period from the time i called to schedule my appt to the time we were able to see her [Dr. Mary Stephenson]. On the day we went there was a pretty long wait in the waiting room from the time we checked in, close to an hour after my appt time. Once we got in though, the staff and doctor were fantastic!
My first appt had been planned for months for a consultation to advise on unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss... weekend before the appt i found out i was pregnant unexpectedly, but the staff advised me to keep my appt. the first step in the appt was an ultrasound where we found that at 7weeks the baby’s heartbeat had stopped. So in our very first meeting we found out i had miscarried for the 6th time in a row. The circumstances were very tough but dr Stephenson and her staff her absolutely wonderful and incredible supportive throughout the remainder of my visit. We had driven in from 4hrs away for the appt and like i said had been scheduled to see her for months so despite the traumatic we wanted to make our time together count..-& were there for several hours after receiving the news of the miscarriage. The medical staff continued to treat us as if we were family, it was very appreciated.
It’s worth the wait to get in to see her!
The medical and office staff were very welcoming.
We have only had a single consult with her.. will be scheduling our next appt soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Illinois at Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Again they were just wonderful, supportive, friendly, kind and accurate.
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
There was a 3mos waiting period from the time i called to schedule my appt to the time we were able to see her. On the day we went there was a pretty long wait in the waiting room from the time we checked in, close to an hour after my appt time. Once we got in though, the staff and doctor were fantastic!
No comments on this topic
Mary Stephenson