4.4

Center for Reproductive Care

1725 W. HARRISON STREET
Chicago, IL 60612
312-942-3824

put on Femara for a few cycles and my husband on clomid. She [Dr. Wood Molo] also put me on prometrium to extend my luteal phase. One year of this with no results. Then she suggested my husband get checked for a varicocele. He did have one and have surgery. We waited 3 mos for results and saw none and then moved onto IUI...explained our options well. Talked about the process and had us laughing the whole way. My husband and I left feeling like we picked the right dr to help us get pregnant. We always went home with an idea of next steps
You need to know exactly what you want and need before going in there [Rush University]...No real follow up on what to do next. I always had to reach out to them and felt like an afterthought...They [nurses] were always nice to talk to and would help answer any questions I had...My first IUI was cancelled because the clinic was closed. When I called there was no voicemail saying they were closed due to Good Friday and the internet said they were open. Since you never get a person when you call I left a voicemail but didn’t hear back. I would have loved some better communication about the clinic being closed so I wouldn’t have driven all the way out there for a closed clinic and cancel my IUI for that month.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary Wood Molo explained our options well. Talked about the process and had us laughing the whole way. My husband and I left feeling like we picked the right dr to help us get pregnant. We always went home with an idea of next steps
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
You need to know exactly what you want and need before going in there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Rush University and their degree of success.
Since our insurance covered exploratory as in trying to figure out our cause of infertility but not treatments she has us get a lot of blood tests, genetic tests and then put me on thyroid medication. I was then put on Femara for a few cycles and my husband on clomid. She also put me on prometrium to extend my luteal phase. One year of this with no results. Then she suggested my husband get checked for a varicocele. He did have one and have surgery. We waited 3 mos for results and saw none and then moved onto IUI. This is where we would have to start paying out of pocket.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
They were always nice to talk to and would help answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Strengths- wood Molo’s personality Weakness- was sent to voicemail every time I called. It was so hard to get a nurse or dr on the phone for questions. They would say they would call in prescriptions but would forget. I would have to call multiple times (leave voicemails) for them to call in a prescription.
What specific things went wrong at Rush University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
Chicago

Dr. Wood Molo also is very personable..Dr Wood Molo uses a very logical approach, starts with mild stimulation and adjusts with every cycle....When I went to Dr. Wood Molo I was feeling convinced that my body was very broken. She made us take a few steps backward (from IVF and donor eggs, which we'd already done with another dr--unsuccessfully) to see what my body was capable of doing on its own. She reassured me that my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to and boosted my self-esteem, which I needed.
I felt like the nurses and administrative staff [at Rush] remembered me from visit to visit, which is a good feeling when you have to be there so often....There were about 6 nurses with one lead nurse who might as well be a fertility doctor at this point. She is super knowledgeable and inspires a lot of confidence...The clinic feels a bit dingy and could definitely use an upgrade. But all their equipment seems up to date. Also, the andrology lab is really subpar. It is uncomfortable, dark, and the men are required to use a bathroom to produce their sample.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
When I went to Dr. Wood Molo I was feeling convinced that my body was very broken. She made us take a few steps backward (from IVF and donor eggs, which we'd already done with another dr--unsuccessfully) to see what my body was capable of doing on its own. She reassured me that my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to and boosted my self-esteem, which I needed. I did not conceive with her, but she did show me that all was okay with me. I was just very unlucky. I felt confident that she was working hard to get to the bottom of the issue, but my husband and I were out of money and emotional resources to go any further. I believe that if I'd started this process with Dr. Wood Molo, I would have conceived and had a baby.
Do not expect to see her very often unless you make an appointment to see her. And be prepared to pay a copay with every single visit, even if it's just a monitoring appointment. Your bill after the fact will be lower, but the constant copays hurt a bit.
I felt like the nurses and administrative staff remembered me from visit to visit, which is a good feeling when you have to be there so often. Dr. Wood Molo also is very personable and even if she doesn't necessarily remember every detail about your case, she has a way of making you feel like she does, which may just come from many years of experience in this field and from having gone through fertility treatment herself in order to conceive.
Dr Wood Molo uses a very logical approach, starts with mild stimulation and adjusts with every cycle. I told her I hadn't done well on clomid in the past and she used femara with me instead. And made sure with every adjustment (adding injectables later on) that I was okay with the change. She is very thorough and seems to take a lot of care in organizing her patient's unique protocol based on results of the previous one. She does not try the same thing over and over again (which my previous dr did).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
There were about 6 nurses with one lead nurse who might as well be a fertility doctor at this point. She is super knowledgeable and inspires a lot of confidence. The nurses do all the basic procedures (not the doctor) and they are all very capable and pleasant.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Rush University.
I had a $50 copay with every single visit UNLESS I was only getting a pregnancy blood test. The rest of the billing was as expected.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Mary Wood Molo is very kind, she is an excellent communicator and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. I work in healthcare, but sometimes get overwhelmed talking about options.
Rush is fine, it is not fancy or swanky but I believe the care is very good and most of all I am treated as a human being...A couple of times prescriptions were not called in,
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Take control of your own path, they see a lot of patients and you need to make sure you are asking all of the right questions and understand your path to care very step of the way.
Dr. Wood Molo and Renee have a human approach and are very sympathetic and kind. I stay at this practice because I genuinely feel they want me to have a successful pregnancy.
Stemmed for 14-15 days, 450 IU Follistim, 250 menopur, clomid, progesterone in oil, three day transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Renee)
For the first two IVF cycles, I saw whatever nurse was available-which was sometimes confusing on who to call with questions. Once I became a donor egg patient, I worked only with Renee-making communication much clearer.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Rush is fine, it is not fancy or swanky but I believe the care is very good and most of all I am treated as a human being. The hospital blood lab has the nicest people you will ever meet and some of them have gone through fertility and are quite empathetic. I am overall pleased with RUSH.
My insurance did not cover monitoring/ tests for my donor eggs. Otherwise insurance covered most once the deductible was met.
What specific things went wrong at Rush University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
A couple of times prescriptions were not called in, I had a conflict between Mary Wood Molo and my Reproductive Immunologist regarding proceeding with my transfer which stressed me out the day before, not what I needed going into the procedure and communication between my Reproductive Immunologist and sharing test results was not always done-ultimately I ended up doing this myself. I would get the results from Renee and send them to my RI office.
Chicago

You won’t see her much but when you do she will make you feel like you’re in good hands. ... Molo herself explains everything in detail and uses paper to draw out cycles and all procedures. ... She’s [Dr. Wood Molo] a great person and doctor though I wish I had better financial guidance to use my benefit coverage better. Once it was used up, I was set up well to go someplace else by her staff [Rush University] and I haven’t heard a peep since. ...
Most nurses are good and office staff returns calls- they never answer the phone. Be proactive and conserve your money/benefit. Nurses may say it’s your choice for a given plan of action (like continuing with IVF and meds) but be careful. ... Rush is a more expensive location in Chicago for infertility treatment. Self pay costs are high. ... Most of her staff is warm and caring and with one specific nurse I always felt I was in good hands. though one nurse was pretty harsh
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She’s a great person and doctor though I wish I had better financial guidance to use my benefit coverage better. Once it was used up, I was set up well to go someplace else by her staff and I haven’t heard a peep since. Feeling I’m on my own again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
Of the theee main nurses on staff, one was amazing. She always went to bat for me and explained everything well but also watched my insurance money. When she went on maternity leave, the other two nurses made me worry. One was an airhead and the other was tough- she seemingly accused me of botching my meds as a reason my IUI failed... I nearly left there crying.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Staff is great and doctors is great. Molo herself explains everything in detail and uses paper to draw out cycles and all procedures. Most nurses are good and office staff returns calls- they never answer the phone. Be proactive and conserve your money/benefit. Nurses may say it’s your choice for a given plan of action (like continuing with IVF and meds) but be careful. It’s your wallet that dictates your care. The drugs are expensive and sometimes there’s no going back for another round. So ask questions and do your research.

2016, Unknown Success
I love Dr Wood Molo, she is brilliant and kind and funny- lifts my spirits every time I see her. The nursing staff are all kind and helpful- but seem to have so many patients that at times there were mix ups. It is difficult dealing so much with nurses and communicating through them to get to the doctor...Be your own best advocate- write down everything, don't be afraid to point out discrepancies...
At times, I felt like a number in dealing with different nurses [at Rush], who would provide me with conflicting information at times. That being said, the staff are wonderful- they just have a lot on their plates. Dr Wood Molo is incredible with patients...Nurses were very kind, great when I was in the office, but communication was difficult at times...
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Dr Wood Molo is amazing. At times, I felt like a number in dealing with different nurses, who would provide me with conflicting information at times. That being said, the staff are wonderful- they just have a lot on their plates. Dr Wood Molo is incredible with patients.
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] was very easy I believe that she gave me information directly and didn't suger coat or lead me on. Dr. Molo offered to help with picking donor sperm and any assistance. I think Mary is friendly, funny and does her best to make the patient comfortable and at ease and not pushy with and treatments...Great hours, hard to get someone to answer the phone...Prompt with phone calls with each bloodwork resuts
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She was very easy I believe that she gave me information directly and didn't suger coat or lead me on. Dr. Molo offered to help with picking donor sperm and any assistance. I think Mary is friendly, funny and does her best to make the patient comfortable and at ease and not pushy with and treatments.
Know what form of treatment you want and follow through
I received return phone calls after each lab to give results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
Prompt with phone calls with each bloodwork resuts
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Great hours, hard to get someone to answer the phone