4.4

Mary Wood Molo works at

1725 W. HARRISON STREET
Chicago, IL 60612
312-942-3824

Dr Wood Molo from the beginning to end was always kind, look in my eyes, explained things well, answered questions, and even once when I visited with my young daughter, Dr Molo offered toys to play with...After running multiple tests, we found there was a polyp that was blocking my uterus and I needed a hysteroscopy. My progesterone levels were low, so I had to take that vaginally daily. I also was put on baby aspirin and metformin. Nursing Staff
I eventually was able to get on a payment plan for my surgery [at Center for Reproductive Care]. Although the nurses were kind, there were times they would assume the patient knew what to do. When I asked am I doing an ultra sound? There was an explanation with exasperation. I know that the staff was seeing many patients in one day, and repeating yourself is exhausting, but each patient needs to things to be explained with peace.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
Dr Molo was amazing. She was recommended by a friend and I would totally recommend her to others. Dr Molo gave me the confidence that we would figure out what was wrong and what was needed. I only wished I saw her more that's how much I loved interacting with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you have. Ask until you totally understand everything. If you need to speak with Dr Molo simply ask for an appt with her, she will make herself available.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
Dr Wood Molo from the beginning to end was always kind, look in my eyes, explained things well, answered questions, and even once when I visited with my young daughter, Dr Molo offered toys to play with. :)
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Care.
Nursing staff was great. They sometimes would forget things they've communicated. So I would have to remind them what the other nurse said. But they're compassionate and kind and explained things well.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Care.
STRENGTHS: They have a GREAT assessment in the beginning letting you know everything upfront. The questionnaire and insurance info and questions to ask my insurance was amazing. it was soooo helpful. They were very upfront about the cost of copay and if I missed an appointment etc. AREAS TO GROW/Weaknesses Because Dr Molo is separate from Rush - there was some confusion on the price of the surgery and Rush Hospital wanted a LARGE payment up front. This caused an emotional rollercoaster because we didn't have the amount needed to have the surgery. Thankfully my extended family pulled together to help me w my first payment to get the surgery. I eventually was able to get on a payment plan for my surgery. Although the nurses were kind, there were times they would assume the patient knew what to do. When I asked am I doing an ultra sound? There was an explanation with exasperation. I know that the staff was seeing many patients in one day, and repeating yourself is exhausting, but each patient needs to things to be explained with peace.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care.
Copays every visit, parking, Surgery,
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care.
I had to remind staff to call in my medication for the pharmacy

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Wood Milo always took time to really go through details and answer questions when we met with her.... She is great at explaining everything and is so kind and compassionate during the procedures. After both of my transfers she kissed me on the forehead and I think that was the magic that made it work. She is the perfect blend of science and art that you need to make this crazy process work. And she writes amazingly well upside down!
It is easy to make appointments [at Rush U]. The front desk staff always remembers your name, which I think is amazing. Your prescriptions are called in quickly. And it's a convenient location right off of the blue line.... FET with no insurance coverage was a total of $6,000 for all monitoring and procedures. Meds were extra.... Renee is to the point, a straight shooter who will give you all the information you need.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or to advocate for yourself if you feel like you are not getting what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Dr Wood Milo always took time to really go through details and answer questions when we met with her. The nurses for the most part remember who you are and are compassionate when talking through hard parts. If you have questions or concerns and call, you will automatically get put into voicemail, but they will return calls within a few hours. There were times that I needed to ask for more information or remind them of something, but overall I felt human.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
Renee is to the point, a straight shooter who will give you all the information you need. I only interacted with Donna once and did not have a positive experience. It was one of my first appointments and she questioned why I was on birth control if I was trying to get pregnant when the bc was part of the protocol the Wood Molo had prescribed.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
It is easy to make appointments. The front desk staff always remembers your name, which I think is amazing. Your prescriptions are called in quickly. And it's a convenient location right off of the blue line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Rush University.
FET with no insurance coverage was a total of $6,000 for all monitoring and procedures. Meds were extra. My retrieval and first transfer were under different insurance and fully covered
Describe Mary Wood Molo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rush University.
She let me choose if I wanted to transfer 1 or 2 both times and explained the benefits and risks of both options
Chicago

We did multiple medicated cycles (with all of the same injectivle medications as IVF) in 2017, because my insurance does not cover ART. She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] is amazing at strategizing around insurance parameters. When we were ready to try a self-pay IVF cycle, she already knew how I respond to the injections and was able to start me out on pretty high doses, based on that info. We did a Lupron/follistim/menapur cycle with hcg trigger/boosters, prednisone, PIO around and after retrieval/transfer. Because of my age, we transferred all 3 embryos on Day 3. It didn’t work, but she made me feel soooo hopeful at our post-cycle consultation and we are doing some other insurance-covered things now before deciding if we’ll do another self-pay IVF cycle.
As already stated, the clinic [Rush University] is smaller than others in the area. In my opinion, I see that as a strength. Some people may find it to be a weakness because they don’t have a portal and are not open on the weekends. However, I am willing to give up those two things in order to feel like I am with a team that makes me feel that they are really, truly going through this thing with us and are emotionally invested in our story. Oh and that’s not even mentioning how amazingly knowledgeable the doctor is! Seriously, when you sit down with her and hear her explain things to you, you feel like you’re in the hands of the best! And you are!
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Center for Reproductive Care?
She is amazing. Words can not express how grateful I am to have her in my corner, to have her at the steering wheel. I trust her completely and can’t say enough good words about how knowledgeable and compassionate this woman is. I adore her and would never want to do this with anyone else. Even if it never works, I will forever be grateful for her.
It’s a smaller clinic and they are not open on the weekends. So be prepared to work around the weekends for monitoring. But they have early morning monitoring appointments and I never felt that the no-weekend thing was ever a problem (they are very good at the planning part). Any major procedures will happen on whatever day it needs to happen. Dr. Wood-Molo and the embryologist came in on a Sunday morning just for us when the transfer fell that way. So, the no-weekends thing can seem like a bad thing on the surface, in light of other clinics’ practices, but it really was a non-issue. Also, they don’t have a portal like other places in the area, so you get old fashioned phone calls for your results. But, honestly, a portal is just not anywhere near as important as the expertise and approach of this amazing doctor!! I’m fine with old-fashioned phone calls when I feel I’m in the hands of the exact right person! Those are the only two complaints I could imagine anyone having about this clinic, compared with others in the Chicagoland area, and they are truly non-issues!
She is absolutely amazing. This is such a hard process to go through and she always makes me feel like she is going through it WITH us. I trust her completely. Even if this never “works”, I will always be grateful that it was her that we did it with.
We did multiple medicated cycles (with all of the same injectivle medications as IVF) in 2017, because my insurance does not cover ART. She is amazing at strategizing around insurance parameters. When we were ready to try a self-pay IVF cycle, she already knew how I respond to the injections and was able to start me out on pretty high doses, based on that info. We did a Lupron/follistim/menapur cycle with hcg trigger/boosters, prednisone, PIO around and after retrieval/transfer. Because of my age, we transferred all 3 embryos on Day 3. It didn’t work, but she made me feel soooo hopeful at our post-cycle consultation and we are doing some other insurance-covered things now before deciding if we’ll do another self-pay IVF cycle.
It’s a smaller clinic than the other ones in the area, so even though I didn’t see the same nurse every time, I got to know all of them well and really feel that they all know my case very well. So I always feel like I’m in good hands no matter which nurse walks in that day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Care.
As already stated, the clinic is smaller than others in the area. In my opinion, I see that as a strength. Some people may find it to be a weakness because they don’t have a portal and are not open on the weekends. However, I am willing to give up those two things in order to feel like I am with a team that makes me feel that they are really, truly going through this thing with us and are emotionally invested in our story. Oh and that’s not even mentioning how amazingly knowledgeable the doctor is! Seriously, when you sit down with her and hear her explain things to you, you feel like you’re in the hands of the best! And you are!
Most of the treatment has been covered by insurance, even though I went in thinking that my insurance would not cover anything related to infertility. She is amazing at getting creative to work within the (surprisingly wider than expected) parameters of my insurance coverage. It turns out, even the shots were covered when we were doing timed intercourse cycles vs IVF. However, once we decided to pull the proverbial trigger on the full IVF protocol, we were completely self-pay. Although, my insurance did still surprise me by covering a few of the labs and all of the anesthesia for the retrieval. But overall, because of the high doses of meds I was on (due to my age, weight and pcos), the overall cost was 20k+. That’s including everything. It may have been a little lower under another clinic, but I wouldn’t change her for anything.
Describe Mary Wood Molo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Care.
We transferred multiple because of my age and I am happy with that decision. She was very clear about the risks and empowered us to make the final decision.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Care.
It only happened once and it was rectified immediately.
Chicago
Mary Wood-Molo's beside manner is amazing. From the second that I sat down with her for a consultation, she put me in a place when I felt like she connected with my concerns and she wanted to help support me in all of my goals. There are few doctors that can really connect with their patients and help support them at this level, she is truly special. ... As a 34 year old woman, she explained to me that we could freeze half eggs and half embryos.
They [Rush Univeristy] are so patient centered and really help support you through this process, while you are managing your life outside of the clinic. The early morning appointments at 6:30 AM, help you get in and seen by a doctor and doing your labs and scans before work. ... Antoinette [nurse] would amazing to work with and helped connect with my concerns on my multiple visits each week for several months.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She made ever effect to explain the process in a clear manner and talked me through all the questions I had. So many times when you are doing a complicated medical procedure, you can feel like the information is over your head. She was very thoughtful and clearly helped you understand the entire process from start to finish.
You will leave every appointment feels support and seen and heard.
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Rush University and their degree of success.
As a 34 year old woman, she explained to me that we could freeze half eggs and half embryos. I didn't think about doing embryos initially, but when she explained that we could do 50/50, I felt confident about making that choice for my future plans. I also shared that I wanted to have the potential for two children and she explained that if we did another round of egg retrieval, my options would be more opened for two children in the future and I felt confident in my decisions as a result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Antoinette)
Antoinette would amazing to work with and helped connect with my concerns on my multiple visits each week for several months. She helped support and her compassion really put me at easy throughout the entire process which I was doing on my own.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
They are so patient centered and really help support you through this process, while you are managing your life outside of the clinic. The early morning appointments at 6:30 AM, help you get in and seen by a doctor and doing your labs and scans before work. This was a huge relief for me because I didn't have to provide my job with doctor notes. Each afternoon they called with results and next steps for my treatment. I was always taken care of by their team and at ease.
I was lucky to have my costs covered under my insurance and the billing department never prevented me from being seen if I had a balance on my account.
I did not do an embryo transfer, I froze mine.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Wood Molo took a measured approach to my treatment, taking into consideration that I had limited insurance coverage. We started out with just letrozole and oral progesterone and timed intercourse, then added Ovidrel for several cycles before moving on to injectible FSH, which was not covered by my insurance. At this time, we are preparing to move on to IUI with injectibles. While in treatment, I have not yet had a single pregnancy.
I've had a couple instances [at Rush]- including once when I did not get a phone call with results and instructions - when no one communicated to me that I was supposed to start a particular drug on a specific day or at a specific time. The staff sometimes seems to assume that someone else explained something to you...The nursing staff are all pleasant and caring, but there's little continuity - it seems like I see a different nurse each time, and the person who calls in the afternoon with my results isn't always the same person I saw earlier in the morning. They always seem rushed and I'm less comfortable asking them questions than with the doctor.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Meeting with Dr. Wood Molo is a reassuring experience - she seems to genuinely care, will spend time to explain diagnoses and procedures and answer questions, and has a great, slightly off-kilter, sense of humor that put my husband and me at ease. During the regular course of treatment working with the nurses and clinic staff, I can feel a little disconnected from the doctor - and as a patient, I found that it is my responsibility to take the initiative to ask for a consult with her. Most importantly, though, I feel like she understands my specific condition, needs and concerns, including financial considerations.
Be proactive and schedule your consultations with the doctor when you feel you need them - ask questions and don't count on staff to walk you through every step of the process.
Dr. Wood Molo has a warm and empathetic manner and a great sense of humor - during consultations with her, I feel confident in her care and attention to my concerns. Outside of the consultations, working with the nurses can feel a little like an assembly line. Patients do not have a dedicated nurse, but after several months you get to know them all and they are generally caring and attentive but sometimes seem to not be aware details I've previously discussed with the doctor or other staff.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
For regular monitoring visits, they move you through pretty efficiently - you can get blood work, ultrasound, and a quick chat with a nurse in under 30 minutes. They are responsive to appointment requests and generally pleasant. But reaching anyone on the phone often involves a bit of phone tag - I wish there was a way to make appointments or communicate electronically. You definitely have to be your own advocate and be clear about what you need.
I paid a co-pay for monitoring visits and Dr. visits but have not yet had any specific procedures that would incur additional costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
I've had a couple instances - including once when I did not get a phone call with results and instructions - when no one communicated to me that I was supposed to start a particular drug on a specific day or at a specific time. The staff sometimes seems to assume that someone else explained something to you.
Chicago
Mary wood molo is very professional and and excellent at her job and her goal is to help us to achieve our goals to get pregnant and to stay pregnant she is compassionate and very great communication skills very patient and timely... I remember when I had my egg retrieval she called the next day to see how I was doing !!! Now that a doctor who loves what she does and very cares for her patients!! So many woman have gotten their desired results
They [Rush U] are very professional and precise they have so many strength the staff is caring and very passionate about you achieving your goals and dreams of becoming pregnant they also are patient and take time to explain to you how to take your medication and injections correctly they are also vey timing they get you in and out but they get the job done when every you need to speak with doctor wood molo it is very convenient to get in contact with especially after business hours
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary wood molo is very professional and and excellent at her job and her goal is to help us to achieve our goals to get pregnant and to stay pregnant she is compassionate and very great communication skills very patient and timely I'm so grateful that God has placed her in our lives to help us conceive and expand our family she is encouraging and great at what she does having her as a doctor help me to embrace this journey with more faith and grace . I like that when you need to ask questions or concerns it very easy to get in contact with her !she is truly a God sent ! Dealing with fertility issues can be very challenging and difficult at times ! But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and when we get our desired results it shall be so rewarding!! She is excellent and precise decided and approachable there nothing that you can't ask her ! I remember when I had my egg retrieval she called the next day to see how I was doing !!! Now that a doctor who loves what she does and very cares for her patients!! So many woman have gotten their desired results
Doctor Mary is professional and amazing at what she does
Doctor Mary wood Molo is such amazing doctor she so professional and love her patients and her job
The nurses are amazing , professional and kind ,
Describe your experience with Rush University.
They are very professional and precise they have so many strength the staff is caring and very passionate about you achieving your goals and dreams of becoming pregnant they also are patient and take time to explain to you how to take your medication and injections correctly they are also vey timing they get you in and out but they get the job done when every you need to speak with doctor wood molo it is very convenient to get in contact with especially after business hours
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Rush University.
All went well and was very professional
Chicago
Be prepared for the unconventional. We did some tests that were antiquated and bizarre, but in exchange we got open-mindedness and creativity. ... Dr. Molo is a kooky genius-- she is who you should see if you are a difficult case that needs individualized care or if everybody else has given up on you. She showed more interest than any other doctor in how I was handling infertility treatment, and in exploring the root cause of my diagnosis.
This [Rush University] is a one-woman show, and the lack of infrastructure showed. It's just kind of old school and done on a shoestring-- lots of phone and paper, no portal or email. I don't know how that would translate to things where being up-to-date and high-tech matters, like the embryology lab. ... Monitoring as I experienced it was wild-- they cycle people in for ultrasounds, then have them wait while a rotating cast of nurses grabs your file and gives you a debrief.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Dr. Molo is a kooky genius-- she is who you should see if you are a difficult case that needs individualized care or if everybody else has given up on you. She showed more interest than any other doctor in how I was handling infertility treatment, and in exploring the root cause of my diagnosis. When every other doctor wanted, at best, to keep trying things that weren't working, she took the time to assess each cycle and try to make the most of what ovarian function I had left.
Dr. Molo made it clear in our consult that she was committed and creative. Because it is a one-doctor operation and the nurses churn through charts very quickly during monitoring, treatment can make you feel like a number.
I came to Dr. Molo having "flunked out" of three IVF stim cycles having never made an embryo. Other doctors were suggesting donor eggs (which is not a bad suggestion, and is what evidence would indicate would be the most promising route to a baby-- I just wasn't ready), but she presented a range of potential options. Instead of focusing on my CD3 hormone levels, she focused on what my body was doing in any given cycle. It was a lot of monitoring, with no clear treatment path. After an anovulatory cycle, she put me on birth control for two weeks, then, when it looked like I was going to ovulate, we did an unmedicated, untriggered IUI. For someone with my diagnosis and treatment history to get pregnant on an unmedicated IUI is wild, insane luck-- but it is luck that was able to happen because Dr. Molo was patient and paying attention.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
Monitoring as I experienced it was wild-- they cycle people in for ultrasounds, then have them wait while a rotating cast of nurses grabs your file and gives you a debrief. It could feel random and impersonal, though all the nurses are kind and knowledgeable. They don't use a portal, and it can be hard to reach them via phone.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
This is a one-woman show, and the lack of infrastructure showed. It's just kind of old school and done on a shoestring-- lots of phone and paper, no portal or email. I don't know how that would translate to things where being up-to-date and high-tech matters, like the embryology lab.
My costs were minimal due to insurance coverage and having hit my out of pocket max.

2014 - 2015, Unknown Success
When talking about this clinic I refer to it as a boutique clinic rather than in comparison to a large department store... It was very hard to ever reach a nurse and even harder to get them to call you back. There were moments when I felt like it was an emergency and getting them on the phone was next to impossible.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Mary has a wonderful way of explaining things to her patients. She takes the time to go over your questions and spends time going over the protocols. She is both blunt and thoughtful. She is however hard to get time with. Her schedule fills up quickly so most of your communication is done with the nurses etc. With that said, she has been available to me in times of crisis and responds very quickly to text messages. I feel like she has been a very curious doctor who only cares about trying her hardest and doing whatever it is she needs to do to get your preg. I am not an easy case and I felt like she has treated me as such and not just put me on the typical protocols.
I don't have much advice in regards to Mary, rather I have a lot to say about the clinic itself, reaching the nurses, wait times etc. I think the one difficult thing with Mary is actually getting to see and talk to her, without feeling like a burden. It is your responsibility as the patient to make it clear that you want to talk to her - with that said, if you speak up she will most def make the time for you - day or night.
For the most I felt loved and cared for. I had been to other clinics - the factory like ones in the area and felt like a number on visit one. Mary and her team are much smaller and have smaller patient base. There are def times when I am not 100% sure they are giving me the right information but I tend to be proven wrong. I think that there is a possibility that since I have been going to that office for over a year they know me well at this point. When talking about this clinic I refer to it as a boutique clinic rather than in comparison to a large department store.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Renee Balos)
I think over time we developed a good "working" relationship but I will say that the care went up and down throughout my time. There were some months that I was OK with their responsiveness but overall I would say it was very hard to reach a nurse.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
I think the clinic needs a good new office manager to take care of calls and appointments. Then I think the nursing line needs to be staffed up and better managements. It was very hard to ever reach a nurse and even harder to get them to call you back. There were moments when I felt like it was an emergency and getting them on the phone was next to impossible. It has led to many hours of anxiety and panic.
2007 - 2010, Successful
Small! I never saw more than one other patient in the waiting room [at Rush] at a time. Such a difference from seeing 20-30 women waiting for blood work at my prior clinic. The office is not fancy. Rush is a teaching hospital, so I did get a round of brand new medical interns come into an ultrasound appointment. I took some pleasure when the attending Doctor couldn't insert the want, and I grabbed it from him and explained that as a patient, I appreciated that the nurses allowed me to insert the wand on my own rather than him poking at my privates awkwardly.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
She makes eye contact and smiles and jokes about the horrid process that is infertility. Her practice is small and she cares for her patients even if it was not the fanciest office around.
Be ready to talk to her and ask questions. She answers them!
She was amazing during our very first visit. She asked for results of a test that my second Doctor never looked at and immediately saw that I had a growth of some sort on my uterine wall that needed to be scraped and removed. She shared that she had four children of her own brough infertility treatment and upon request, shared the name of her acupuncturist that she credits (as do I) with a huge part of her success. She made eye contact, listened, and had a clear plan of action from the start. I loved her, even if I only met her two or three times.
After suffering a miscarriage, we changed to Dr. molo's practice from FCI. Within weeks, she scheduled outpatient surgery to remove growth on the uterine walls. She also encouraged me to visit her personal acupuncturist who treated me three times a week and prescribed herbal supplements. Dr. Molo was in complete support of alternative therapy. We went through 3-4 cycles of injectibles, but only on the last round did we feel that the eggs were of good size. I became pregnant on that IUI round and continued to visit for weekly ultrasounds through my first trimester. Healthy baby girl is almost 8 years old now!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University.
The nursing staff was small and not overworked. They took care when I explained how scared I was of self-injections and asked if I wanted to come in every day because they would do it for me (and were shocked that my prior clinic sent me home with a DVD to teach myself how to administer injections). They joked with me when I would mention how scared I was of blood draws even after going through 18 months of infertility treatment. Hey made me feel relaxed and helped me laugh through the awkwardness of IUI. They treated me like a human allowing me to insert the ultrasound wand on my own.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Small! I never saw more than one other patient in the waiting room at a time. Such a difference from seeing 20-30 women waiting for blood work at my prior clinic. The office is not fancy. Rush is a teaching hospital, so I did get a round of brand new medical interns come into an ultrasound appointment. I took some pleasure when the attending Doctor couldn't insert the want, and I grabbed it from him and explained that as a patient, I appreciated that the nurses allowed me to insert the wand on my own rather than him poking at my privates awkwardly.
Luckily, insurance covered almost everything.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] is smart, personable, explains everything in detail, has a sense of humor (which helps when the topic is not one that easily lends itself to laughter), caring, and keeps the whole picture in mind...Letrazole (instead of Clomid) - 5mg for 5 days starting on Day 3 Ovidrel (trigger & booster shot) Prometrium (progesterone) - 200mg Estrogen patch
All of the staff [at Women's Health Consulting] are very personable, know you by name, and are aware of your individual process...First time I was directed to do a trigger shot, no one explained that there would be 2 pre-filled syringes, 1 fit the trigger & 1 for the booster. One time a Rx was not called in when it was supposed to be. It was quickly resolved...She is smart, personable, explains everything in detail, has a sense of humor (which helps when the topic is not one that easily lends itself to laughter), caring, and keeps the whole picture in mind.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Women's Health Consulting?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Women's Health Consulting?
You can be as hands-on or hands-off in understanding your protocol of care. She gives you the tools to learn & engage, but also inspires trust/confidence if you just want to put yourself in her hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Women's Health Consulting?
All of the staff are very personable, know you by name, and are aware of your individual process.
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Women's Health Consulting and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Women's Health Consulting.
All very friendly & engaged.
Describe your experience with Women's Health Consulting.
Strengths - front office staff, clinical staff Weaknesses - nurses' explanations could be more thorough/detailed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Women's Health Consulting.
Diagnostic procedures were covered by my insurance. Treatment was not. I pay for bloodwork & ultrasound monitoring for my IUI out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Women's Health Consulting?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Women's Health Consulting.
Women's Health Consulting
2013 - 2016, Successful
The doctor [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] dumbed things down, in a good way, for me. Science isn't my thing, so she'd explain things in such a way that I could understand. She'd include drawings, too, to help me understand...she had me pursue seeing a specialist in reproductive immunology. With that information and results, dr.wood-Molo decided that we should backtrack and try iui (which my previous reproductive dr completely bypassed). With the right combination of medication, vitamins and fertility drugs, I am currently pregnant and have two young daughters- all thanks to Dr. Wood-Molo.
you don't feel like just a number [at Rush University]... she [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] had me pursue seeing a specialist in reproductive immunology. With that information and results, dr.wood-Molo decided that we should backtrack and try iui (which my previous reproductive dr completely bypassed). With the right combination of medication, vitamins and fertility drugs..All of the nurses are great and friendly!
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
The doctor dumbed things down, in a good way, for me. Science isn't my thing, so she'd explain things in such a way that I could understand. She'd include drawings, too, to help me understand.
Dr wood-Molo had more faith in me than I did myself: that's the kind of doctor I would think people would want.
Dr. wood-Molo is very personable, as is her staff, so just by the nature of their friendliness one feels welcome and comfortable- not like a fertility sorority cattle call, like the previous group I went.
Dr wood-Molo followed the lead of my previous fertility doctor in going straight to ivf. After that was unsuccessful, she had me pursue seeing a specialist in reproductive immunology. With that information and results, dr.wood-Molo decided that we should backtrack and try iui (which my previous reproductive dr completely bypassed). With the right combination of medication, vitamins and fertility drugs, I am currently pregnant and have two young daughters- all thanks to Dr. Wood-Molo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
All of the nurses are great and friendly!
Describe your experience with Rush University.
A very familial office where you don't feel like just a number.
Unsure, sorry.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Mary Wood Molo is wonderful. She does not allow setbacks to get in the way and she did not stop treating me when I felt there was no hope. I am currently pregnant and she never gave up and was always sympathetic and caring...the staff and Dr. MWW are wonderful. They care about you as a patient and are sensitive to your needs...
Sometimes it is very busy [at Rush] but they run relatively on time...Insurance covered monitoring and transfer, did not cover drugs or egg donor...The entire nursing staff is fantastic and communicates well...Best practice if you want to be treated as a human being and have a doctor who will course correct for you based on your wishes, not their practice reporting numbers...
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Rush University. (Assigned nurse: Renee)
The entire nursing staff is fantastic and communicates well .
Describe your experience with Rush University.
Sometimes it is very busy but they run relatively on time.
Insurance covered monitoring and transfer, did not cover drugs or egg donor

2019, Consult
For the first time in my 15 years of having a genetic diagnosis, someone explained my situation to me with a big picture overview. She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] did not get caught up in details, and did not allow me to run away with fear. She made it clear that we will become parents, and was incredibly helpful at helping us navigate through this journey...She got to know us right away, she made it personal and talked to us like we were good old friends. She related with us on a heartfelt level, and made it understood that in one way or another we would be parents.
She [the nurse at Rush University] was wonderful, and helped us really understand this process...There were so many different costs, they clearly listed them all out for us...The Clinic was actually Rush hospital. It was harder to work with them insurance wise, and we are still struggling to work with their insurance guidelines. The clinic is based within the hospital, so it is not the most up to date as far as facilities go...For the first time in my 15 years of having a genetic diagnosis, someone explained my situation to me with a big picture overview. She [Dr. Mary Wood Molo] did not get caught up in details, and did not allow me to run away with fear. She made it clear that we will become parents, and was incredibly helpful at
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
For the first time in my 15 years of having a genetic diagnosis, someone explained my situation to me with a big picture overview. She did not get caught up in details, and did not allow me to run away with fear. She made it clear that we will become parents, and was incredibly helpful at helping us navigate through this journey.
Take notes and document everything, there is a lot to keep track of.
She was wonderful, and helped us really understand this process.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
There were so many different costs, they clearly listed them all out for us.
Chicago

Dr. Molo put me on an estrogen rest to regulate my hormones as my FSH was over 100 and I had stopped ovulating/having my period. As a result, I was able to get my period, ovulate, and naturally get pregnant...From the moment I met Dr. Molo to my last appointment with her, Dr. Molo treated me like a human by making me feel heard and important, giving me hope and support, and providing me clarity and explanation...she did not rule out any possibilities or doom me into an inevitable path of infertility like my other doctors. She also throughly explained my diagnosis to me along with potential next steps that could help. She also showed me empathy as I explained my history of miscarriage to her. Because my FSH was so high, she put me on an estrogen rest for a month which allowed me to get a period again and eventually get pregnant naturally. As a result, I did not have to get an egg donor, do IUI or in vitro, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. It is evident that Dr. Molo exudes the knowledge and personality it takes to be an exceptional doctor who truly cares for her patients. The only feedback I would give is wanting the opportunity to reach out to Dr. Molo directly when I had a question instead of the nurses or during a consult like through online messages on my chart.
I am appreciative of how this clinic [Rush University] was responsive and able to get me a consult with Dr. Molo when needed, and when I had to be on a waiting list. I feel like the clinic could be more organized as sometimes the information about appointments/scheduling was unclear. I think a new patient should know that this clinic is very busy, particularly during the mornings (like on Fridays) so sometimes there is a delay...The nursing staff was supportive and provided me with a call every time I visited to let me know the results of my blood work and information about my prescriptions. However, I did not consistently have the same nurse with each visit.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Not only has Dr. Molo tremendously helped my husband and I with our fertility journey, but she has also shown us much kindness, patience, and support. Before I had my first appointment with her, I was feeling hopeless and sad as my other doctors told me I was ultimately unable to get pregnant unless I got an egg donor since they diagnosed me with Premature Ovarian Failure and menopause at 35 years old. When I came to Dr. Molo, she did something different, she did not rule out any possibilities or doom me into an inevitable path of infertility like my other doctors. She also throughly explained my diagnosis to me along with potential next steps that could help. She also showed me empathy as I explained my history of miscarriage to her. Because my FSH was so high, she put me on an estrogen rest for a month which allowed me to get a period again and eventually get pregnant naturally. As a result, I did not have to get an egg donor, do IUI or in vitro, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. It is evident that Dr. Molo exudes the knowledge and personality it takes to be an exceptional doctor who truly cares for her patients. The only feedback I would give is wanting the opportunity to reach out to Dr. Molo directly when I had a question instead of the nurses or during a consult like through online messages on my chart.
I would tell them to stay positive and know that they are now going to an expert.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
I am appreciative of how this clinic was responsive and able to get me a consult with Dr. Molo when needed, and when I had to be on a waiting list. I feel like the clinic could be more organized as sometimes the information about appointments/scheduling was unclear. I think a new patient should know that this clinic is very busy, particularly during the mornings (like on Fridays) so sometimes there is a delay.
Most of the time, I had a $40 copay every time I visited the clinic which was at least once a week.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
There was a mixup about my pharmacy with old information that I corrected at my first visit but still had issues with multiple times later when my prescription was called into the wrong location and one time when one of the nurses did not call my prescription in but rather wrote a prescription for me to do it. I misplaced the prescription note and inevitably asked her to call it in for me which she did do.