4.4

Chicago
1725 W. HARRISON STREET
Chicago, IL 60612
312-942-3824

Dr. Molo put me on an estrogen rest to regulate my hormones as my FSH was over 100 and I had stopped ovulating/having my period. As a result, I was able to get my period, ovulate, and naturally get pregnant...From the moment I met Dr. Molo to my last appointment with her, Dr. Molo treated me like a human by making me feel heard and important, giving me hope and support, and providing me clarity and explanation...she did not rule out any possibilities or doom me into an inevitable path of infertility like my other doctors. She also throughly explained my diagnosis to me along with potential next steps that could help. She also showed me empathy as I explained my history of miscarriage to her. Because my FSH was so high, she put me on an estrogen rest for a month which allowed me to get a period again and eventually get pregnant naturally. As a result, I did not have to get an egg donor, do IUI or in vitro, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. It is evident that Dr. Molo exudes the knowledge and personality it takes to be an exceptional doctor who truly cares for her patients. The only feedback I would give is wanting the opportunity to reach out to Dr. Molo directly when I had a question instead of the nurses or during a consult like through online messages on my chart.
I am appreciative of how this clinic [Rush University] was responsive and able to get me a consult with Dr. Molo when needed, and when I had to be on a waiting list. I feel like the clinic could be more organized as sometimes the information about appointments/scheduling was unclear. I think a new patient should know that this clinic is very busy, particularly during the mornings (like on Fridays) so sometimes there is a delay...The nursing staff was supportive and provided me with a call every time I visited to let me know the results of my blood work and information about my prescriptions. However, I did not consistently have the same nurse with each visit.
How was your experience with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Not only has Dr. Molo tremendously helped my husband and I with our fertility journey, but she has also shown us much kindness, patience, and support. Before I had my first appointment with her, I was feeling hopeless and sad as my other doctors told me I was ultimately unable to get pregnant unless I got an egg donor since they diagnosed me with Premature Ovarian Failure and menopause at 35 years old. When I came to Dr. Molo, she did something different, she did not rule out any possibilities or doom me into an inevitable path of infertility like my other doctors. She also throughly explained my diagnosis to me along with potential next steps that could help. She also showed me empathy as I explained my history of miscarriage to her. Because my FSH was so high, she put me on an estrogen rest for a month which allowed me to get a period again and eventually get pregnant naturally. As a result, I did not have to get an egg donor, do IUI or in vitro, and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. It is evident that Dr. Molo exudes the knowledge and personality it takes to be an exceptional doctor who truly cares for her patients. The only feedback I would give is wanting the opportunity to reach out to Dr. Molo directly when I had a question instead of the nurses or during a consult like through online messages on my chart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
I would tell them to stay positive and know that they are now going to an expert.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Wood Molo at Rush University?
Describe the protocols Mary Wood Molo used in your cycles at Rush University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Rush University.
Describe your experience with Rush University.
I am appreciative of how this clinic was responsive and able to get me a consult with Dr. Molo when needed, and when I had to be on a waiting list. I feel like the clinic could be more organized as sometimes the information about appointments/scheduling was unclear. I think a new patient should know that this clinic is very busy, particularly during the mornings (like on Fridays) so sometimes there is a delay.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Wood Molo at Rush University.
Most of the time, I had a $40 copay every time I visited the clinic which was at least once a week.
Describe Mary Wood Molo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Rush University.
What specific things went wrong at Rush University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Rush University.
There was a mixup about my pharmacy with old information that I corrected at my first visit but still had issues with multiple times later when my prescription was called into the wrong location and one time when one of the nurses did not call my prescription in but rather wrote a prescription for me to do it. I misplaced the prescription note and inevitably asked her to call it in for me which she did do.
Mary Wood Molo