Diamond Institute for Infertility

Medical SchoolHadassah Hebrew U.
ResidencyKaplan U. (Israel)
Goshen
30 Hatfield Lane
Goshen, NY 10924
845-291-1111
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matan Yemini to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diamond Institute for Infertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr yemini recommended we do an IVF considering my age and quality of sperm!...With injectable hormones I produced plenty of eggs. And good quality embryos which dr yemini recommend we do genetic testing being that i did suffer a chemical pregnancy which most likely was due to chromosomal abnormalities....he took his time with me explained every treatment step by step and all the protocols needed to help me expand my family...very friendly and very understanding during this stressful period.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
I have been going there for 3 years And every visit was satisfying and comfortable! Even though I had some loses on the way, Dr.Yemini made me feel very positive and assured me that all will be fine. And it sure was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Be patient! It took me 3 years to get my baby! Dr yemini and all the Drs there will make your dream come true! I love them all
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
I felt like a human because he took his time with me explained every treatment step by step and all the protocols needed to help me expand my family!!! And it was successful. Also very friendly and very understanding during this stressful period. I’m forever grateful!
Describe the protocols Matan Yemini used in your cycles at Diamond Institute for Infertility and their degree of success.
I had about 8 iuis done with injectables. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the other were unsuccessful due to uterine polyps! Dr yemini recommended we do an IVF considering my age and quality of sperm! So me and my husband decided to go with it!! With injectable hormones I produced plenty of eggs. And good quality embryos which dr yemini recommend we do genetic testing being that i did suffer a chemical pregnancy which most likely was due to chromosomal abnormalities. I did end up miscarrying my first embryo that was due to a blood disorder that I had no idea I had. Thanks to the docs at diamond institute they were able to treat it and now I’m on my way to having a beautiful baby girl! (Transfer#2)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: I don’t have a specific nurse because they were all excellent. Tiffany, Monique, Jaryn, Ruth the big one and little one , Ella, and there’s more but I can’t remeber)
They are all very friendly and compassionate and always have time for your questions and concerns. I love them all. I cried when I was discharged. You do develop a bond with the staff
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
There are no complaints. They are all very friendly. The wait is not long at all and if it is the nurses and the front staff will let you know if the docs are running behind.Ive had no issues! I think all new patients will be more than satisfied. Very professional and caring. The nurses will call you the next day after any procedures to see how your recovering
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
I did have co pays due to my insurance. IVF was purchased through a plan
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Yemini was very real when he spoke with my husband and I and did what was best for us and not just because statistics said so...Dr Yemini was very straight forward and explained every step of the process with us from start to finish. He makes you feel comfortable with any decision you make regarding treatment. He treats you as a whole person...
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Believe in him and he will help you get to where you need to be. Listen and trust in what he says, sometimes doctors do know best even if you planned differently. Be ready to do the work!
Cycle 1 - Menopur 225 mg, Follistim 150 units, and ganirelix was on this protocol for about 12 days before retrieval - 9 eggs, 5 embryos, 2 fresh transfer (failed), then did lupron, estrogen pill and patch, progesterone to prepare for 2 frozen trasnfer (failed), 1 did not survive freeze - all NON PGS tested Cycle 2 - Menopur 300 mg, Follistim 150 units, and ganirelix - was on this protocol for about 10 days before retrieval - 18 eggs, 6 embryos, 2 normal pgs tested embryos left, 1 fresh transfer (pregnant), 1 frozen pending transfer next year Progesterone support for both cycles with IM progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Ruth Katalbas and Jarryn Ferraro)
The nursing staff that I worked with was very helpful with answering questions, returning my calls, and helping me get the information I needed. They were also compassionate when delivering both good and bad news and made me feel like I had someone who really cared and hope the best for us.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The clinic was a bit of a drive for us but we were lucky to have a satellite that was the next town over which was great for all the monitoring and appointments. All procedures are done at their main clinic which is in NJ. They do have a huge flight of stairs in the office in NJ so be ready...lol. The rooms are great and the waiting room is very comfy. The surgical suite on the bottom floor is cute as it reminded me of an old hospital ward. They are great with addressing concerns for the procedures and the whole team from anesthesia to RN get involved with the care and questions. They also work with a nearby hospital so if its a procedure they can't do there they send you to the hospital. But all retrieval and transfers are done at the clinic. Be ready to get up early...a lot of the monitoring is done first thing in the morning starting at around 6am depending on the office you are at and you will usually hear by mid afternoon any of the restults.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Monitoring appointments were a first come first serve basis, so you needed to get there early if you wanted to be done quickly. This was at any of the clinics (including satellites). You were never turned away if you were there past monitoring hours waiting. They made sure to address every patient and if would call if you were on the schedule and they hadn't seen you check in yet.
Our insurance paid for our cycles with minimal copays out of pocket for doctor visits and prescriptions through a specialty pharmacy. If there was something not covered we were informed ahead of time and paid in advance.
Describe Matan Yemini's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The first two transfers (non pgs tested) we did he suggested doing 2 embryos, but this second cycle he suggested we only transfer one this time (pgs normal hatching embryo) due to increased chance of multiples and co-morbidities I had (high bmi, boarderline high blood pressure), chance of diabetes, etc. He wanted me to have a healthy sucessful pregnancy with the least amount of complications.
Millburn
I had 2 cycles with the institute and only saw him [Dr. Yemini] for the consultation and one other office visit...I liked that he came off as very frank/ matter-of-fact. He spoke of statistics and dealt with my husband well. Even though I wasn't in contact with him through my care he did call me after he heard of my miscarriage and said we could go back to his practice when our "hearts are ready".
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Ask him if he will be in town for the duration of your care.
I felt like a number because we weren't given any options within IUI. We were told that we had to take clomid, the trigger shot, and do IUI. In talking to a friend who had been through it, I found out that we had an option to not use drugs or insemination, but to just be monitored. When I called to ask Doctor Yemini about this he tried to talk us out of it, the gist I got was that a cycle without drugs was pointless. I had 2 cycles with the institute and only saw him for the consultation and one other office visit. I found out through their facebook page that he was at his practice in Bremuda during my care which is why I saw other doctors.
For our first cycle with Dr. Yemini we, the couple, decided to do what they call a "natural" cycle where I took no drugs and they monitored the maturity of the follicle and it's impending release. We had "timed intercourse" and basically waited to get a period, which I did. The second cycle we decided to go whole-hog. They put us on Clomid and we did a trigger shot at home before having sex one day and IUI the next. They had me get an rx for progesterone suppositories, it felt really last-minute and was very expensive. The prescription was for a small amount, presumably because they wanted to monitor me before having me purchase more, but I wasn't told that, if all went well, that I would have to take it 2x day up until my 12th week. Around the 6th week they told me my beta/hcg was not rising appropriately, that I would have a miscarriage soon, to get off the progesterone, that if the hcg increased "inappropriately" they would have me schedule a DNC. We began mourning. The following week my hcg doubled and they had me come in for a sonogram where I saw the baby and its heartbeat. A female doctor (not Yemini) called me to apologize and say they could have been wrong, that we could be cautiously optimistic. They did not want me to go back on progesterone. Subsequent sonograms went well, we were discharged at 11 weeks, lost the baby at 12 weeks. D+C at 13 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Janet and Stephanie)
Janet is also a no-BS kind of lady, which can be great. She is pretty direct. Stephanie was more soft-spoken and took the time to describe things/ next steps patiently. I had two very different experiences with them, but it wasn't always clear who I would talk to. The nurse who did the venipuncture was never scrubbed up, she wore unprofessional clothes, jewelry, and make up and would often feel for a vein with her un-gloved hand AFTER swabbing with alcohol. I had to ask her on three occasions to use a glove.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
I had some issues with my insurance processing the claims and had a very hard time getting in touch with the only person at the clinic who could tell me what to do. She would ask for emails with specific information and would only every reply that she would check on the status of my [fill in the blank] and rarely got back to me when I asked for updates. The clinic furthest south in NJ had leaks in the ceiling of the waiting room (there was a trash can for catching water in between waiting room chairs). The clinic in NY seems to be based out of another practice as a satellite of Diamond and basically "telecommutes" by phone to the NJ office. They didn't have access to my bills except for the total due, they would have to call another office to answer my billing questions, to charge my card, and after monitoring hours the place basically shuts down and you have to call the other clinics. They also blasted the same country pop songs every morning (6am-8am) because they said they weren't allowed to change the station and wouldn't let us sit in quiet instead.
We were told that a cycle would cost us about $1,500 plus drugs (drugs were $200-$300) Billed to insurance as follows: consultation:$280 office visit $60/$75/$189 semen analysis $342 hsg $650 Insemination $985 venipuncture $26 (3x week) Labs (mixed btwn sent out and in-house) monitoring labs $163-$210 per visit ultrasound $252
What specific things went wrong at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Hamburg
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I had high FSH and was nearing 35, so Dr Yemini skipped clomid and went right to IUI with injectables (Menopur)...Dr Yemini is kind, caring and compassionate. He is realistic and optimistic, and was sympathetic during setbacks and positive as we made progress. He has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. I liked how aggressive he was in his plan of action and trusted him all the way...Dr Yemini is kind, caring and compassionate. He is realistic and optimistic, and was sympathetic during setbacks and positive as we made progress.
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Trust him! He's been doing this for years and he knows what he is doing.
It's a small clinic and everyone knows who you are. The doctors provide personalized and individualized care.
I had high FSH and was nearing 35, so Dr Yemini skipped clomid and went right to IUI with injectables (Menopur). The first cycle was positive but resulted in a miscarriage. Second cycle was negative. Third was positive and a miscarriage again. Then I had a polyp that needed removing. Fourth cycle he upped my dosage and I had a few more follicles. He asked if I was ok with twins and I was, and lo and behold I got pregnant with twins. One twin passed at 9 weeks and 9 months later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
The nurses were all so friendly and upbeat. They were kind and caring as well.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The clinic is small so you get personalized and individualized care, it's not a factory. The staff knows you and cares for you. Dr Yemini is fantastic and so is Dr O. She treated me a few times and she is terrific.
I can't recall but he takes insurance and I remember them being reasonable.
Millburn
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
With the exception of our first consult, I felt my time with the doctor [Dr. Yemini] was rushed. We had a lot of testing done and heard nothing of results. To this day, I don't know the results of a polyp he removed and sent out for testing.... Strenghts: He is genuine and really seems to want to help everyone. Weaknesses: Communication can be lacking when it comes to test results. He also failed to properly update my husband who was in the waiting room when I had a procedure.
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Ask lots of questions and keep track of the testing being done so you can ask about results.
With the exception of our first consult, I felt my time with the doctor was rushed. We had a lot of testing done and heard nothing of results. To this day, I don't know the results of a polyp he removed and sent out for testing.
Aside from Day 3 blood work and ultra sound, we had not progressed into an IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The nurse I worked with was very friendly and compassionate. She kept me updated on next steps.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Strengths: Nursing staff, desire to help everyone Weaknesses: Front-desk staff is not very friendly and it took a few e-mails, phone calls and in-person visits to get my medical records forwarded correctly to another doctor. I ended up paying for copies for myself so I can send them where needed.
Standard co-pays. Some of the tests were partially covered. I just received a notice that genetic testing was deemed not medically necessary by my insurance company so that ($11K) was not covered.
What specific things went wrong at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Millburn
[Dr. Yemini] always made sure I understood...He was very caring and blunt...Had over 4 mature follicles, they told me the risk of multiples and told me about reduction/or if I wanted to cancel the cycle. I took the risks and we moved on with the cycle. I did the trigger and IUI was done 36 hours after trigger. I GOT PREGNANT!! I now have my amazing baby boy who is 7 months old
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
He was very caring and blunt. He told me he would give me the baby I desperately wanted and he did! If something was not going right him or Dr.O let me know. They always made sure I understood everything
Cycle 1- Clomid 50, then switching to Gonal-F injections mid cycle. HCG trigger then ICI and IUI back to back at 20-36 hours. Only had one mature follicle- Failed cycle Cycle 2- Started at 75 with Gonal-F and went up to 120, HCG shot. Had over 4 mature follicles, they told me the risk of multiples and told me about reduction/or if I wanted to cancel the cycle. I took the risks and we moved on with the cycle. I did the trigger and IUI was done 36 hours after trigger. I GOT PREGNANT!! I now have my amazing baby boy who is 7 months old
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
They always made sure to email or call me with any results. The ladies that took my blood were always very nice. Lisa from the front desk was the only one who was a bit off
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Lots of stairs and sometimes you’ll wait a while if you don’t come early for monitoring. It’s first come first serve so if you want to be out quickly then you must arrive early! Everything else was great, comfy waiting area, the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms.
About 15k including meds
2005 - 2012
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Dr. Yemini] Compassionate, empathetic, caring. Never rushed thru appointments. Explained everything thoroughly. Very patient and took into consideration the emotional rollercoaster we go thru with each cycle. Has a calming nature....Very caring, answered all questions, very compassionate...Treatment was 20 years ago so a little foggy on specifics. I remember injections, ultrasounds and labs. Then a beautiful baby girl.
2005 - 2012
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Trust him.
Very caring, answered all questions, very compassionate
Excellent. Very caring and compassionate as well. Toom my phone calls and answered all questions.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Always open. I was able to go before work and not lose any time. Worked with me thru insurance issues to get resolved to my satisfaction. Staff is friendly, helpful knowledgable. Facility very clean.
We had very good health benefits so out of pocket cost was minimal
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Matan Yemini, was very polite and gentle. He genuinely cared about us...Dr. Yemini took extremely good care of us...informative, he let us know exactly what to expect. We knew we were in good hands from our first meeting. The treatment was successful! And we have a beautiful baby thanks to him.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Dr. Yemini took extremely good care of us. He was polite and informative, he let us know exactly what to expect. We knew we were in good hands from our first meeting. The treatment was successful! And we have a beautiful baby thanks to him.
Dr. Matan Yemini, was very polite and gentle. He genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The entire staff was caring, and supported us throughout our treatments. They were organized and everything worked perfectly.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The staff is professional and knows exactly what they're doing.They supported us all the way. The equipment is top of line. The building is clean and welcoming. Everything was very organized and worked exactly as expected.