Available by cell phone
Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matrika Johnson to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend REACH to a friend?
Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great since I’ve started my IVF journey. She always took the time to educate me on everything she did and why she was doing those things. I always felt she had my best interest at heart and never felt pressured to do anything that i didn’t want to do. She is always very professional and I’ve never felt it was about the money. From the time i walk into the facility to the time I leave it’s nothing but love.
The clinic [REACH] is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication... Dr. Johnson’s nurse Jessica has been great. If I had any additional questions she was always available through the portal and alway got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She is very straight forward but don’t look at that as a negative thing. Sugar coating things aren’t always the best
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
From the first day of my consultation to now Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great. She has took the time to explain everything step by step and why everything she recommended was necessary. Although this process wasn’t easy being so young and of course not expecting to spend so much money just to conceive but I never felt like it was about the money to her.I love that she is compassionate but also straight to the point. Most doctors just tell you what you want to hear but Dr. Johnson has always been honest in making sure that my husband and I made the best decisions moving forward with IVF .
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
I haven’t started my fertility medications yet but it is coming up soon. I’ve only had testing done and a surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
During most of my testing bloodwork,surgery, and specific test out of pocket so far I have spent $2500 through reach. Most of the testing and bloodwork goes through my insurance due it not being listed as fertility. My fertility medications which i haven’t started yet cost 4000. Depending on your income you can apply for compassionate care which can give you a percentage off fertility medications.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH.

Dr. Johnson was very straight-forward and efficient when it came to our treatment, but she never made it feel like it was because she has more things to do. Rather, she wanted to make sure our time was used wisely and wanted to make us as comfortable as possible.... Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination.... Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well.
REACH is definitely the most known clinic in our area, and there is a reason. Their team of doctors, nurses and staff are incredibly caring and compassionate. They are efficient and honest, and make you feel good about the choices you make and your treatment options. If you don't have the money to start treatment, they do not pressure or make you feel bad.... The nurses always called when they said they would and have always responded to my messages and questions when I had them.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson has always been very caring and honest with us. I think that a lot of times, doctors at this clinic are a bit more hands off with the IUI process, not for a lack of caring, but because it is not as costly, nor is it as complicated/complex. Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination. However, since we have been having conversations and getting prepared for the IVF process, if she was not present at my ultrasounds, then it was another doctor who completed the appointment. = Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well. Our personalities are very similar and it really helps us click with her in the patient/doctor relationship.
Sometimes she can move a little fast when describing things, but it is because she is trying to be efficient with time and not rush. Do not be afraid to ask questions, she will always answer them. She is very sweet and caring and you will love having her as a doctor.
We completed two IUI cycles with Clomid, based on my husband's sperm count. However, after 2 IUI cycles, it was noticed that his count significantly decreased, which is why IUI did not work either time. After this IVF became our next course of treatment. We will be starting the IVF process soon. Dr. Johnson has told us that with how low my husband's sperm count it, natural conception is not likely to every happen for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
The nurses always called when they said they would and have always responded to my messages and questions when I had them. They were always very informed about my treatment plan and would organize everything for me according to Dr. Johnson.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
IUI was about 1200 per cycle. An IVF cycle with egg retrieval was 13500, and a frozen embryo transfer is about 3000. None of these costs include medication. Any visits that have to do with the treatment cycle are covered through the cost of treatment.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Dr. Johnson mentioned that given my age, she would like to only transfer one embryo. However, we have discussed that if we have to do another cycle, that we would transfer 2 embryos. She said that as women get older, they are more likely to always implant more than one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Johnson knew our case and was very sensitive to how hard infertility can hit someone. She answered all of our questions and always called us back if we had any issues. ... Dr. Johnson gave me a hysteroscopy in order to remove polyps. She also did my complete retrieval. I had many good eggs, but my husband's sperm were less than stellar. (We didn't even know he had them until right then when they did sperm aspiration.)
Monitoring was offered first thing in the morning. I had to drive 2 hours each way, and was always in and out very quickly! ... The only issue we encountered was some discrepancy in the billing, which was remedied with a quick phone call. Each appointment [REACH] was quick, and results were given in a timely manner. They let us make final decisions on anything, while giving us great counsel, but not pressuring us into anything that we didn't want. ...
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson was very personable. She also woke up in the middle of the night to call me in another prescription when I left mine out of town. We had some unexpected complications and she adjusted accordingly.
Trust her judgement.
Dr. Johnson gave me a hysteroscopy in order to remove polyps. She also did my complete retrieval. I had many good eggs, but my husband's sperm were less than stellar. (We didn't even know he had them until right then when they did sperm aspiration.) When we only ended up with one embryo, she highly suggested we go ahead and do a three day fresh transfer instead of our planned frozen transfer. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy, but Dr. Johnson did everything she could. She also met with us afterwards to come up with our next game plan, which included a varicoselectomy for my husband. (She had suggested it before, but we had chosen to go ahead without it.)
The nurses were wonderful! They were always ready for me during my appointments, and made sure that I was in and out as quickly as possible.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The doctors and nurses were all wonderful! The only issue we encountered was some discrepancy in the billing, which was remedied with a quick phone call. Each appointment was quick, and results were given in a timely manner. They let us make final decisions on anything, while giving us great counsel, but not pressuring us into anything that we didn't want.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Normal IVF costs; we compared multiple clinics and REACH had lower pricing than all of the clinics in our area.
She counseled us about the difference, and highly suggested single embryo transfer for our particular situation.

Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her... made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
They [staff at REACH] want you to be as informed as you can be walking into this journey. The front desk staff makes an effort to get to know you. They take any questions or concerns to heart and adjusts as necessary. (I.e. I had a tough time with one of the women in the lab drawing blood who always left bruises and they made sure that my name was always called by the other technician if she was there)
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr J is a young, vibrant doctor who made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
Be prepared not to have sugar coated information. She likes to get to the point, solve the current hiccup and figure out the best way to have a positive result!
She got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
There was a bit of turn over when we first started that ended up with a lack of communication. However, when Jessica was assigned to our case she jumped right in and made sure that never happened again. She had great bedside manner and got to know us just as much as dr J.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is fantastic. At your first appointment you not only have a thorough sit down with your future doctor but also with the financial counselor. They want you to be as informed as you can be walking into this journey. The front desk staff makes an effort to get to know you. They take any questions or concerns to heart and adjusts as necessary. (I.e. I had a tough time with one of the women in the lab drawing blood who always left bruises and they made sure that my name was always called by the other technician if she was there)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
There was a general monitoring window first thing in the morning. Yes if you showed up at 7am there would be a line at the door (usually the same 3-4 women). However, if you go around 730, you miss the rush. Either way, they know what they’re doing and it is well run and timely. They don’t rush you out of your room either if you have questions about your ultrasound. They make sure you understand prior to heading to the next patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Due to our insurance coverage, the most cost for us ended up being my medications. Unfortunately the pharmacy they suggest (encompassRx) wasn’t covered fully but with the customer service they provided, it was totally worth the extra few dollars. My insurance covers more under Freedom Fertility but when I couldn’t even get someone to answer the phone there or leave a message, I went straight to encompass.
My husband and I had tossed around an idea to have a multiple embryo transfer. Dr J was against it and explained the risks and complications for someone of my size. I had complications at 31 weeks with just one so I am very thankful for her sticking to her guns!

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
I felt she [Dr. Johnson] was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. ... I felt that she was very informed about what would be the best treatment for me and my ovarian reserve and didn't follow the "script" of what I should do but came up with a customized treatment plan. ... She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family. ...
The nurse practitioner [REACH] who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable. ... Jessica [nurse] was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I felt she was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. She was also excited when we conceived. She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family.
She is competent and personal and will customize a plan to your individual needs. She is passionate about fertility and infertility and can rattle off a lot of knowledge but still have a good laugh with you.
I was given medication to help my fertility and then nearing my time of ovulation, I was to take injections directly into my stomach (which was scary at first). I then had to take Ovidril so that I would actually ovulate. My cycle and eggs were monitored via intravaginal ultrasounds and blood draw. She recommended going straight to IUI rather than take Clomid or another medicine due to my age and ovarian reserve. The results were a pregnancy with multiples in 2 cycles rather than 5-6 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw. She also communicated with us when we saw that I was ovulating 4 eggs and not just 1 which meant our risk for multiples was very high.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only problem I had was during the test to see if my fallopian tubes were open and functioning well. The nurse practitioner who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I had to pay a cycle fee each time we did IUI so that they monitored my cycle. This was not covered by my insurance. The medications were a bit pricey even with insurance. The procedures themselves were covered by insurance. The cycle fee was $160, I believe.
This did not apply to me.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion. She doesn’t sugar coat yet is very compassionate... She observed me. Checked my uterus...did trial transfers, constantly checked my hormone levels. I kept getting fluid in uterus so she decided to have surgery to determine the problem. She made sure to know exactly where to place embryo to get best chances of implantation.
The clinic [REACH] is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.... [Cost Of Treatment] Ivf donor Cycle 25k... Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Listen and let her do what she needs to give you best option
She made it personal with her patients. She cared for my well being
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Very professional and courteous
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.
Ivf donor Cycle 25k
She made it clear she didn’t like to transfer more than two and concurred

Embryo Freezing
So far so good no complaints [with REACH] and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....They [nurses] respond quickly...She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom...She makes me feel as though she is only working with me and doesn't generalize things that are specific to me....I appreciate her approach and her outlook. When I broke down she talked me through it....she made it clear whatever she can do to make me a mother she will.
Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask questions because she will answer them for you.
She makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
They respond quickly
Describe your experience with REACH.
So far so good no complaints and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....I never imagined I would not be able to conceive naturally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I have awesome insurance so thus far my cost have been pretty minimal I'm just nervous for the IVF to start I've only had tests and noth my tubes removed
That step is coming soon