Reproductive Specialists of the Carolinas

FellowshipCase Western
1918 Randolph Rd
Charlotte, NC 28207
704.247.2209
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matrika Johnson to a friend?

6.3

2019 - 2020
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Strengths [of Matrika Johnson]: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations. ... We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained.
Front desk staff [REACH] are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone. ... Never had too many issues [with monitoring], they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
2019 - 2020
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Strengths: strong communicator, kind bedside manner, very knowledgeable on alternative options, she is also realistic with her expectations. I could not imagine going through this experience with any other doctor, she has exceeded our expectations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She does her best to try to see you every time you come in for an appointment but there may be times where other nurses or doctors will see you based on availability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She took the time to explain everything in a way we could understand. I felt like she genuinely cared about our success and did everything in her power to make sure we had the best chances for success.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility to start. We started with an egg retrieval, I was on Cetrotide, Gonal, Lupron and Synthroid. We got 25 eggs, 15 fertilized but only one made it to an embryo. After that first cycle she concluded that I have poor egg quality and it was unexplained. We did another egg retrieval and switched up the medications to see if we could get more and we ended up with no viable embryos. At that point we decided on transferring the one embryo we did have. We did get pregnant but ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks.
Overall good, there were times that they were not as responsive and helpful but they have a large workload so overall it was okay.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Front desk staff are sometimes not as sensitive to patient needs. Response times in the patient portal are a hit or miss, sometimes its fast, other times it is slower. It is harder to get questions answered over the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
Never had too many issues, they had you come in between 7am-8:30am - there was a wait sometimes but they typically will get through relatively quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
With insurance coverage we paid roughly $5000 out of pocket for two egg retrievals. After we exceeded our maximum deductible our transfer out of pocket cost was roughly $2000.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
She will only transfer one embryo, regardless of your age and likelihood of success.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
There was one time where I had to remind them to call in a prescription, not a huge deal for me.
Charlotte

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH.

2016 - 2020
I love the fact that she[Dr. Matrika Johnson] is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her. ... Original visit in 2016 with dr. Johnson was a hsg test and my husband had a semen analysis. We did a lot of blood work Frankie & him. I never really had any other treatment. In 2020 they did a semen analysis for my husband and we haven't had any other work done through this office
weakness [of REACH] is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready." ... Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you.
2016 - 2020
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I love the fact that Dr. Matrika Johnson is compassion to the need a very sickening IVF or infertility treatment. I love the fact that she is willing to make time and speak with you. even though we were previous patients that left the facility and then returned she never made us feel bad about seeking help elsewhere and was more than willing to meet with us and pick up service with her.
Have your money ready and be ready to move immediately otherwise you'll be placed in the back and almost forgotten about
Dr. Johnson is very sweet and matter of fact and to the point. I know she has a large caseload because I am in a fertility as for her patience. But I think in order to remain professional at all times the course of action is a little more by the book to avoid a show of favoritism and it comes across and you feeling like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Harrell)
Stephanie was absolutely wonderful. I could ask her question after question and she was always open and receptive to answering me. Even after we left and months later I could email her back with questions and she would get back to me really quick. I was really glad to have her cooking with me as a go-between.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Strengths are having someone like nurse Harrell as a go between them and a support system for the patients. She does a great job early explaining things that he may be confused about and if she doesn't know the answer she will most certainly speak directly with your doctor and get back to you. weakness is definitely the financial department as it took more than four or five estimates for them to get me the correct estimate and if you're not immediately prepared to pay for everything right then, then it seems the financial department has braces you to the side and I was actually told, "Call us when you've got the money ready."
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Finances has been one of the biggest issues I've had with dealing with this office. I've been given several different estimates for the same services because the financial department did not take the time to contact my insurance and get the correct information. I work for the same company that provides my insurance so I need my benefits going in and they did not believe that I have coverage when I did so I had to call the insurance company and have the insurance company reach out to them to get the correct information then I was told I didn't have good coverage and I do and so I had to stay on the financial department about getting in touch with my insurance and getting the correct amount and type of coverage I have. Right now I don't know what my final estimate would be for getting service through REACH because the most current estimate I've received is still inaccurate
I actually was not given a choice. I would prefer multiple egg transfer but my doctor's philosophy is you're trying to get a child so we're going to transfer a egg. Doing more than one transfer would be a waste.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
We had to call multiple times to get the results of my husbands semen analysis test and they forgot to call in his prescription. My husband had to reschedule his first appointment and there was a mix-up and getting that done and the agent that helped him my schedule his appointment is very very rude to me and trying to assist my husband and getting things reschedule. She made it seem like I had no business calling on behalf of my husband.we are trying to get things financed to me for with donor egg transfer but because we don't have the exact amount of money required, how about that amount continues to change, we could almost no contact or feedback from the clinic unless I initiate.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I am still in the initial stages [with Dr. Matrika Johnson] but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus...is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit...She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
The clinic [REACH] is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized...[staff was] extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed...The nursing staff at Reach are amazing. They are punctual, light-hearted and always had an ear to listen and respond appropriately.
Black or African-American, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson is very knowledgeable about fertility and quickly assessed me as a patient and my personality. She is direct but passionate and solution-oriented. I felt well cared for even on my first visit. It was completely different in a positive way from an experience I had with a previous doctor in SC. She broke things down to make them easy to understand and even put together a sports analogy regarding the fertility process so my sports-fanatic husband could understand. She is genuinely the best and made me feel at ease every step of the way.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Dr. Johnson checked in periodically during her discussions to make sure we had a full understanding so don't be shy. All questions are good and will help Dr. Johnson assess you as a patient to provide customized care.
Dr. Johnson and her team were extremely compassionate when it came to me and my husband's concerns. There were many women coming in and out of the facility but we felt like we always received one-on-one attention and care. Everything was on-time but never felt rushed.
I am still in the initial stages but I had to complete an HSG and blood work. She also provided me with a list of supplements to begin taking to help with fertility. Vitamin D, Prenatal, NeoQ10, DHEA 25. I am also going to have a hysteroscopy to detect if there is a polyp or fibroid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons)
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is busy but very organized and had great communication flow. The facility is very patient focused. For example, there is signage on the wall advising that if you were waiting more than 15 mins, to let the front desk know. I loved this because as busy as they are, service and care were very personalized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
So far, I've had to may for the HSG (less than $500) and deductibles for blood-work/labs. Upcoming surgery will be less than $1500. Then we need to pay for treatments.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great since I’ve started my IVF journey. She always took the time to educate me on everything she did and why she was doing those things. I always felt she had my best interest at heart and never felt pressured to do anything that i didn’t want to do. She is always very professional and I’ve never felt it was about the money. From the time i walk into the facility to the time I leave it’s nothing but love.
The clinic [REACH] is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication... Dr. Johnson’s nurse Jessica has been great. If I had any additional questions she was always available through the portal and alway got back to me in a timely manner
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
She is very straight forward but don’t look at that as a negative thing. Sugar coating things aren’t always the best
From the first day of my consultation to now Dr. Johnson has been nothing but great. She has took the time to explain everything step by step and why everything she recommended was necessary. Although this process wasn’t easy being so young and of course not expecting to spend so much money just to conceive but I never felt like it was about the money to her.I love that she is compassionate but also straight to the point. Most doctors just tell you what you want to hear but Dr. Johnson has always been honest in making sure that my husband and I made the best decisions moving forward with IVF .
I haven’t started my fertility medications yet but it is coming up soon. I’ve only had testing done and a surgery
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Simmons )
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is always clean and the staff is always nice. Normally when contacting them through phone you will have to leave a voicemail but they will get back with you in a timely manner. Once you become a patient the patient portal is the best source of communication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
During most of my testing bloodwork,surgery, and specific test out of pocket so far I have spent $2500 through reach. Most of the testing and bloodwork goes through my insurance due it not being listed as fertility. My fertility medications which i haven’t started yet cost 4000. Depending on your income you can apply for compassionate care which can give you a percentage off fertility medications.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson was very straight-forward and efficient when it came to our treatment, but she never made it feel like it was because she has more things to do. Rather, she wanted to make sure our time was used wisely and wanted to make us as comfortable as possible.... Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination.... Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well.
REACH is definitely the most known clinic in our area, and there is a reason. Their team of doctors, nurses and staff are incredibly caring and compassionate. They are efficient and honest, and make you feel good about the choices you make and your treatment options. If you don't have the money to start treatment, they do not pressure or make you feel bad.... The nurses always called when they said they would and have always responded to my messages and questions when I had them.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson has always been very caring and honest with us. I think that a lot of times, doctors at this clinic are a bit more hands off with the IUI process, not for a lack of caring, but because it is not as costly, nor is it as complicated/complex. Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination. However, since we have been having conversations and getting prepared for the IVF process, if she was not present at my ultrasounds, then it was another doctor who completed the appointment. = Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well. Our personalities are very similar and it really helps us click with her in the patient/doctor relationship.
Sometimes she can move a little fast when describing things, but it is because she is trying to be efficient with time and not rush. Do not be afraid to ask questions, she will always answer them. She is very sweet and caring and you will love having her as a doctor.
We completed two IUI cycles with Clomid, based on my husband's sperm count. However, after 2 IUI cycles, it was noticed that his count significantly decreased, which is why IUI did not work either time. After this IVF became our next course of treatment. We will be starting the IVF process soon. Dr. Johnson has told us that with how low my husband's sperm count it, natural conception is not likely to every happen for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
The nurses always called when they said they would and have always responded to my messages and questions when I had them. They were always very informed about my treatment plan and would organize everything for me according to Dr. Johnson.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
IUI was about 1200 per cycle. An IVF cycle with egg retrieval was 13500, and a frozen embryo transfer is about 3000. None of these costs include medication. Any visits that have to do with the treatment cycle are covered through the cost of treatment.
Dr. Johnson mentioned that given my age, she would like to only transfer one embryo. However, we have discussed that if we have to do another cycle, that we would transfer 2 embryos. She said that as women get older, they are more likely to always implant more than one embryo.
Charlotte

Dr. Johnson knew our case and was very sensitive to how hard infertility can hit someone. She answered all of our questions and always called us back if we had any issues. ... Dr. Johnson gave me a hysteroscopy in order to remove polyps. She also did my complete retrieval. I had many good eggs, but my husband's sperm were less than stellar. (We didn't even know he had them until right then when they did sperm aspiration.)
Monitoring was offered first thing in the morning. I had to drive 2 hours each way, and was always in and out very quickly! ... The only issue we encountered was some discrepancy in the billing, which was remedied with a quick phone call. Each appointment [REACH] was quick, and results were given in a timely manner. They let us make final decisions on anything, while giving us great counsel, but not pressuring us into anything that we didn't want. ...
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson was very personable. She also woke up in the middle of the night to call me in another prescription when I left mine out of town. We had some unexpected complications and she adjusted accordingly.
Trust her judgement.
Dr. Johnson gave me a hysteroscopy in order to remove polyps. She also did my complete retrieval. I had many good eggs, but my husband's sperm were less than stellar. (We didn't even know he had them until right then when they did sperm aspiration.) When we only ended up with one embryo, she highly suggested we go ahead and do a three day fresh transfer instead of our planned frozen transfer. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy, but Dr. Johnson did everything she could. She also met with us afterwards to come up with our next game plan, which included a varicoselectomy for my husband. (She had suggested it before, but we had chosen to go ahead without it.)
The nurses were wonderful! They were always ready for me during my appointments, and made sure that I was in and out as quickly as possible.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The doctors and nurses were all wonderful! The only issue we encountered was some discrepancy in the billing, which was remedied with a quick phone call. Each appointment was quick, and results were given in a timely manner. They let us make final decisions on anything, while giving us great counsel, but not pressuring us into anything that we didn't want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Normal IVF costs; we compared multiple clinics and REACH had lower pricing than all of the clinics in our area.
She counseled us about the difference, and highly suggested single embryo transfer for our particular situation.

Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her... made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
They [staff at REACH] want you to be as informed as you can be walking into this journey. The front desk staff makes an effort to get to know you. They take any questions or concerns to heart and adjusts as necessary. (I.e. I had a tough time with one of the women in the lab drawing blood who always left bruises and they made sure that my name was always called by the other technician if she was there)
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr J is a young, vibrant doctor who made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
Be prepared not to have sugar coated information. She likes to get to the point, solve the current hiccup and figure out the best way to have a positive result!
She got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
There was a bit of turn over when we first started that ended up with a lack of communication. However, when Jessica was assigned to our case she jumped right in and made sure that never happened again. She had great bedside manner and got to know us just as much as dr J.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is fantastic. At your first appointment you not only have a thorough sit down with your future doctor but also with the financial counselor. They want you to be as informed as you can be walking into this journey. The front desk staff makes an effort to get to know you. They take any questions or concerns to heart and adjusts as necessary. (I.e. I had a tough time with one of the women in the lab drawing blood who always left bruises and they made sure that my name was always called by the other technician if she was there)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
There was a general monitoring window first thing in the morning. Yes if you showed up at 7am there would be a line at the door (usually the same 3-4 women). However, if you go around 730, you miss the rush. Either way, they know what they’re doing and it is well run and timely. They don’t rush you out of your room either if you have questions about your ultrasound. They make sure you understand prior to heading to the next patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Due to our insurance coverage, the most cost for us ended up being my medications. Unfortunately the pharmacy they suggest (encompassRx) wasn’t covered fully but with the customer service they provided, it was totally worth the extra few dollars. My insurance covers more under Freedom Fertility but when I couldn’t even get someone to answer the phone there or leave a message, I went straight to encompass.
My husband and I had tossed around an idea to have a multiple embryo transfer. Dr J was against it and explained the risks and complications for someone of my size. I had complications at 31 weeks with just one so I am very thankful for her sticking to her guns!

PCOS, Unexplained
She was kind but initially commented that my weight was the reason I couldn’t have a baby. I was 200lbs at the time and had already lost weight. It made me feel dismissed and judged. When I told her that and she did some more testing she became more understanding and kind in her treatment. ... Dr. Johnson initially was cold and distant but when I told her that was upsetting she changed her behavior and really listened to me.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they [REACH] never send them. ... It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Be clear about what you want and need.
We did a medication that started with an L, letrosol I believe. Did ultrasounds until I was ready ovulate and then did a trigger shot. After the first two failed IUI I told her we could not afford to have more than one more cycle so she added gonal f to the protocol and I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was so compassionate when I had my chemical and always encouraged me to ask questions when I was confused. She was easy to contact and celebrated with us when we were released to my regular doctor.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The atmosphere is very much like a factory pumping out babies. It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Each IUI was roughly $1000 for the treatment and ultrasounds but the medication ranged from $300 to $600 on top of that cost.
Not applicable
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they never send them. I also struggled to get in touch with people when I had questions during my cycle if my nurse wasn’t available.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
I felt she [Dr. Johnson] was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. ... I felt that she was very informed about what would be the best treatment for me and my ovarian reserve and didn't follow the "script" of what I should do but came up with a customized treatment plan. ... She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family. ...
The nurse practitioner [REACH] who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable. ... Jessica [nurse] was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I felt she was invested in our treatment plan and very much wanted to aid us in growing our family. She was also excited when we conceived. She let us know that it would be best to skip just medication and move straight to IUI which felt good since we had been trying for a year and were very ready to start our family.
She is competent and personal and will customize a plan to your individual needs. She is passionate about fertility and infertility and can rattle off a lot of knowledge but still have a good laugh with you.
I was given medication to help my fertility and then nearing my time of ovulation, I was to take injections directly into my stomach (which was scary at first). I then had to take Ovidril so that I would actually ovulate. My cycle and eggs were monitored via intravaginal ultrasounds and blood draw. She recommended going straight to IUI rather than take Clomid or another medicine due to my age and ovarian reserve. The results were a pregnancy with multiples in 2 cycles rather than 5-6 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was very organized and acted as the voice between us and Dr. Jackson. She kept us organized and would let me know when i needed to come in for blood draw. She also communicated with us when we saw that I was ovulating 4 eggs and not just 1 which meant our risk for multiples was very high.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The only problem I had was during the test to see if my fallopian tubes were open and functioning well. The nurse practitioner who did the procedure called out the nurse assisting her in the middle of the procedure and caused the nurse to flee, crying. Also, there were so many women doing blood draw in the morning that there wasn't a lot of privacy which could feel vulnerable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I had to pay a cycle fee each time we did IUI so that they monitored my cycle. This was not covered by my insurance. The medications were a bit pricey even with insurance. The procedures themselves were covered by insurance. The cycle fee was $160, I believe.
This did not apply to me.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions...When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate...initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
nurse [at REACH] was AMAZING...She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
Tell her what you want and need. Don’t be afraid to challenge her because she will listen and discuss anything you think is important.
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions and her nurse was AMAZING. When I had my chemical they were very kind to me when I cried. When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate.
First IUI was done with metformin 100mg, synthroid, vitamin D, letrozol, and a trigger shot. I didn’t get pregnant that round. The second round was the same and I had a chemical pregnancy. The third round was similar but she added gonal f. This round she didn’t want to up my meds but I told her I couldn’t afford anymore rounds so she was willing to get more aggressive. That cycle I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was amazing. She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.
Matrika Johnson
Dr. Matrika Johnson was extremely delicate and sensitive to all that I have been through. ... Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision. ... I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic.
I had a hard time getting this clinic [REACH] to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done. ... The financial coordinators at this clinic are hard to get in touch with and don't usually have quick answers. This clinic is very busy so plan to wait some. Use the patient portal to communicate the fastest.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
I saw Dr. M Johnson for a second opinion after a cancelled IVF cycle with another clinic. Dr. M Johnson was very knowledgeable and gave me great information. She did an exam and made sure that she understood all details before making a decision.
There are 2 Dr. Johnson's at REACH. Be sure you are meeting with the correct one!
I saw Dr. M. Johnson for a workup and consult so we did not use any medication. She did an internal ultrasound in order to see better what was going on.
Jessica was great with communication and answering all of my questions. She was also great at answering portal messages very quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
The cost for the consultation was $95.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I had a hard time getting this clinic to send my records to a different clinic. It took a very long time but in the end, it did get done.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion. She doesn’t sugar coat yet is very compassionate... She observed me. Checked my uterus...did trial transfers, constantly checked my hormone levels. I kept getting fluid in uterus so she decided to have surgery to determine the problem. She made sure to know exactly where to place embryo to get best chances of implantation.
The clinic [REACH] is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.... [Cost Of Treatment] Ivf donor Cycle 25k... Dr Matrika Johnson will observe you fully and give her best course of action. She is realistic and is very thorough in her procedure. I really respect her opinion.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Listen and let her do what she needs to give you best option
She made it personal with her patients. She cared for my well being
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Very professional and courteous
Describe your experience with REACH.
The clinic is very good at what they do. They are good monitoring their portal system if you have any questions. Their hours are good and cater to those in need. It’s very difficult to reach them by phone so I recommend the portal system.
Ivf donor Cycle 25k
She made it clear she didn’t like to transfer more than two and concurred

Embryo Freezing
So far so good no complaints [with REACH] and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....They [nurses] respond quickly...She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom...She makes me feel as though she is only working with me and doesn't generalize things that are specific to me....I appreciate her approach and her outlook. When I broke down she talked me through it....she made it clear whatever she can do to make me a mother she will.
Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dont be afraid to ask questions because she will answer them for you.
She makes sure to answer any questions I have throughout the process and made it clear she will do whatever she can in her power to make me a mom.
They respond quickly
Describe your experience with REACH.
So far so good no complaints and I love the discretion they take when handle my information and I because this is a sensitive subject for me....I never imagined I would not be able to conceive naturally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
I have awesome insurance so thus far my cost have been pretty minimal I'm just nervous for the IVF to start I've only had tests and noth my tubes removed
That step is coming soon