Medical SchoolWright St
Cornelius
19475 Old Jetton Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
888-551-0874
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matrika Johnson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend REACH to a friend?
Dr. Johnson was very straight-forward and efficient when it came to our treatment, but she never made it feel like it was because she has more things to do. Rather, she wanted to make sure our time was used wisely and wanted to make us as comfortable as possible.... Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination.... Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson has always been very caring and honest with us. I think that a lot of times, doctors at this clinic are a bit more hands off with the IUI process, not for a lack of caring, but because it is not as costly, nor is it as complicated/complex. Dr. Johnson sets the treatment course and monitors progress, but a nurse actually completed the insemination. However, since we have been having conversations and getting prepared for the IVF process, if she was not present at my ultrasounds, then it was another doctor who completed the appointment. = Dr. Johnson has incredible bedside manner. She is warm and welcoming and you can tell she truly cares about her patients and gets to know them very well. Our personalities are very similar and it really helps us click with her in the patient/doctor relationship.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Sometimes she can move a little fast when describing things, but it is because she is trying to be efficient with time and not rush. Do not be afraid to ask questions, she will always answer them. She is very sweet and caring and you will love having her as a doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
We completed two IUI cycles with Clomid, based on my husband's sperm count. However, after 2 IUI cycles, it was noticed that his count significantly decreased, which is why IUI did not work either time. After this IVF became our next course of treatment. We will be starting the IVF process soon. Dr. Johnson has told us that with how low my husband's sperm count it, natural conception is not likely to every happen for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
The nurses always called when they said they would and have always responded to my messages and questions when I had them. They were always very informed about my treatment plan and would organize everything for me according to Dr. Johnson.
Describe your experience with REACH.
REACH is definitely the most known clinic in our area, and there is a reason. Their team of doctors, nurses and staff are incredibly caring and compassionate. They are efficient and honest, and make you feel good about the choices you make and your treatment options. If you don't have the money to start treatment, they do not pressure or make you feel bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
IUI was about 1200 per cycle. An IVF cycle with egg retrieval was 13500, and a frozen embryo transfer is about 3000. None of these costs include medication. Any visits that have to do with the treatment cycle are covered through the cost of treatment.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
Dr. Johnson mentioned that given my age, she would like to only transfer one embryo. However, we have discussed that if we have to do another cycle, that we would transfer 2 embryos. She said that as women get older, they are more likely to always implant more than one embryo.
Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Matrika Johnson] got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her... made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr J is a young, vibrant doctor who made me feel like there was always hope. She is thorough, direct and still lighthearted. She made it a point to get to know me and my husband as people and as a couple. She listened to all of our questions and concerns and would even adjust her plan to compromise if ever needed. Dr J is an amazing doctor and person who made our journey amazing.
Be prepared not to have sugar coated information. She likes to get to the point, solve the current hiccup and figure out the best way to have a positive result!
She got to know me as a person, understood how I liked to hear information and how I’d react. She treated my husband the same way and he actually enjoyed coming to the appointments to see her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
There was a bit of turn over when we first started that ended up with a lack of communication. However, when Jessica was assigned to our case she jumped right in and made sure that never happened again. She had great bedside manner and got to know us just as much as dr J.
Describe your experience with REACH.
This clinic is fantastic. At your first appointment you not only have a thorough sit down with your future doctor but also with the financial counselor. They want you to be as informed as you can be walking into this journey. The front desk staff makes an effort to get to know you. They take any questions or concerns to heart and adjusts as necessary. (I.e. I had a tough time with one of the women in the lab drawing blood who always left bruises and they made sure that my name was always called by the other technician if she was there)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
There was a general monitoring window first thing in the morning. Yes if you showed up at 7am there would be a line at the door (usually the same 3-4 women). However, if you go around 730, you miss the rush. Either way, they know what they’re doing and it is well run and timely. They don’t rush you out of your room either if you have questions about your ultrasound. They make sure you understand prior to heading to the next patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Due to our insurance coverage, the most cost for us ended up being my medications. Unfortunately the pharmacy they suggest (encompassRx) wasn’t covered fully but with the customer service they provided, it was totally worth the extra few dollars. My insurance covers more under Freedom Fertility but when I couldn’t even get someone to answer the phone there or leave a message, I went straight to encompass.
My husband and I had tossed around an idea to have a multiple embryo transfer. Dr J was against it and explained the risks and complications for someone of my size. I had complications at 31 weeks with just one so I am very thankful for her sticking to her guns!