7.2

Reproductive Specialists of the Carolinas

1918 Randolph Rd
Charlotte, NC 28207

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Matrika Johnson] She will do everything in her power to help you get pregnant, and she will not force you to do anything. But she will let you know when it's time to move on to the next step...[she] was forced to follow Reach's protocols. But after our 2nd transfer, I brought up my concerns and she mirrored them and offered solutions...she takes my case to heart and cries with me, while remaining logical about our situation...
[REACH clinic] Your Doctor may not be the Doctor you see every visit, but all the Doctors are professional. I do not agree with their rule that every doctor must follow the same protocols. However I like how they have regular meetings to discuss patients that are having difficulties and trade ideas...My insurance played a major role. But my reach financial advisor was wonderful and she always have me a heads up before payment for the next cycle was due
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
MJ is very factual. She will not lie to you. She will not give false hope, but she does give hope. She will do everything in her power to help you get pregnant, and she will not force you to do anything. But she will let you know when it's time to move on to the next step.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matrika Johnson at REACH?
In the beginning, you'll be just someone who is passing through. But the long you stay the more she takes it personal that you are still there. And the more she will get to know you and your husband. She is very dedicated to her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
In the beginning I know that I was one of the many patients that come to see her and pass through. Now that I have been with her for years, she takes my case to heart and cries with me, while remaining logical about our situation.
Describe the protocols Matrika Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
MJ was forced to follow Reach's protocols. But after our 2nd transfer, I brought up my concerns and she mirrored them and offered solutions. Going forward I believe she will help me fine tune until we get it right.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at REACH.
The nurse are wonderful! Jessica cried on the phone with me after telling me I was miscarrying, and Missy trumped MJ to say I was pregnant after my first transfer cause she was so excited.
Describe your experience with REACH.
Reach will get you pregnant. That what I was told. However, their billing Dept is terrible. Your Doctor may not be the Doctor you see every visit, but all the Doctors are professional. I do not agree with their rule that every doctor must follow the same protocols. However I like how they have regular meetings to discuss patients that are having difficulties and trade ideas.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at REACH.
First come first served.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
My insurance played a major role. But my reach financial advisor was wonderful and she always have me a heads up before payment for the next cycle was due. They take payment before starting treatment.
Describe Matrika Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at REACH.
MJ is very against multiple transfers. I would love to transfer 2 embryos, however it is against Reach's policy and MJ does not approve.
What specific things went wrong at REACH?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I only had one bad instance at Reach. I arrived late to my appointment and the front desk nurse sent me home for being late and told me to reschedule. I was miscarrying at the time. My team nurse called me later and asked why I didn't show and I told her how I was late and sent away. They got me in the next day, and upon leaving I heard the nurses being reprimanded for turning a patient away, especially one in my condition. I believe that MJ did her best to correct the problem
REACH
Charlotte

She was kind but initially commented that my weight was the reason I couldn’t have a baby. I was 200lbs at the time and had already lost weight. It made me feel dismissed and judged. When I told her that and she did some more testing she became more understanding and kind in her treatment. ... Dr. Johnson initially was cold and distant but when I told her that was upsetting she changed her behavior and really listened to me.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they [REACH] never send them. ... It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Be clear about what you want and need.
We did a medication that started with an L, letrosol I believe. Did ultrasounds until I was ready ovulate and then did a trigger shot. After the first two failed IUI I told her we could not afford to have more than one more cycle so she added gonal f to the protocol and I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was so compassionate when I had my chemical and always encouraged me to ask questions when I was confused. She was easy to contact and celebrated with us when we were released to my regular doctor.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The atmosphere is very much like a factory pumping out babies. It’s hard to get a person on the phone unless you know exactly who you are looking for. They are very efficient but kind of cold. They got me pregnant and listened when I told them I couldn’t afford more treatments. You really need to push to get them to explain things. I think because they do it so much they assume you know things that you don’t know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matrika Johnson at REACH.
Each IUI was roughly $1000 for the treatment and ultrasounds but the medication ranged from $300 to $600 on top of that cost.
Not applicable
What specific things went wrong at REACH?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
I have asked for my records to be sent to multiple doctors since I left and they never send them. I also struggled to get in touch with people when I had questions during my cycle if my nurse wasn’t available.
REACH
Charlotte
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions...When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate...initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
nurse [at REACH] was AMAZING...She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.
How was your experience with Matrika Johnson at REACH?
Dr. Johnson initially told me if I lost 20lbs I wouldn’t need her I was around 200lbs. It was so crushing to feel like it was my fault I couldn’t have a baby. I addressed that with her after that and told her how hurtful it was. She was much more kind after that and adjusted her tone. Sometimes I did feel rushed with her but at my last appointment before releasing me to the OB she gave my a worth the wait onesie and hugged me.
Tell her what you want and need. Don’t be afraid to challenge her because she will listen and discuss anything you think is important.
Dr. Johnson was patient with me when I asked questions and her nurse was AMAZING. When I had my chemical they were very kind to me when I cried. When I had an issue in my first meeting with her bringing up my weight she addressed the issue and was more warm and considerate.
First IUI was done with metformin 100mg, synthroid, vitamin D, letrozol, and a trigger shot. I didn’t get pregnant that round. The second round was the same and I had a chemical pregnancy. The third round was similar but she added gonal f. This round she didn’t want to up my meds but I told her I couldn’t afford anymore rounds so she was willing to get more aggressive. That cycle I got pregnant and had my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH.
My nurse was amazing. She explained things anytime I was confused after an appointment. She responded quickly to my emails or calls. She encouraged me to speak up with the doctor when I wanted a change in medication or had an issue. When I had my chemical she was so compassionate and talked with me when I cried. She was so excited when we got pregnant and celebrated with us when we got released to my regular doctor.