Nurse available by email
FellowshipBaylor
7920 ACC Bld
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-908-0000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matthew Coward to a friend?

4.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UNC Fertility to a friend?
Dr. Coward wanted to do a surgery to fix some varicose veins that could be causing infertility. It would take about a year to see results, and he felt strongly that we would see an increase in our numbers and quality of sperm. We decided that we wanted to do IVF before the surgery, and Dr. Coward was supportive of our decision.... He spent about 2 hours with us during a consult meeting, and laid out all of our options for us. He personally sent us an email, on a Sunday with our results, and is quick to respond to any questions we have for him.
How was your experience with Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility?
I felt that Dr. Coward did a great job, and we love having him as our doctor. We walked away from our appointment feeling confident that one way, or another we would have a family. He was very explicit and thorough during our appointment, and was positive about the options that we had. We would recommend him to any friends or family struggling with male factored infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility?
Go in with your paperwork, and with questions you are ready to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility?
I felt like Dr. Coward did a great job of explaining our infertility problem thoroughly, and helped answer all of our questions. He spent about 2 hours with us during a consult meeting, and laid out all of our options for us. He personally sent us an email, on a Sunday with our results, and is quick to respond to any questions we have for him.
Describe the protocols Matthew Coward used in your cycles at UNC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
I loved the clinic. Everyone was friendly, and supportive to our infertility needs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility.
We had to pay over $200 for our consultation visit for bloodwork, and a vein analysis. We will be paying for a semen analysis, and to bank sperm as well in the future. We will be paying for various scans, tests, and IVF in the future as well.
Raleigh

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
I trust Dr. Coward. He’s knowledgeable, helpful, and encouraging. He’s also honest about whether or not he thinks a course of treatment will end up being successful.... I was a participant in a fertility study during which I received three rounds of Clomid, Novarel, and IUI. It wasn’t until we were in our second cycle that Dr. Coward had to explain to my partner and me that we had male factor as well, because my husband’s numbers were very low. He suggested a course of action for us and gave us facts for our chances of success with the IUI moving forward.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Coward at UNC Fertility?
I trust Dr. Coward. He’s knowledgeable, helpful, and encouraging. He’s also honest about whether or not he thinks a course of treatment will end up being successful. I saw him while participating in a fertility study, but would consider becoming a regular patient.
Be prepared. He will tell you when he does not think a procedure will be successful.
Dr. Coward took the time to explain things to us in a simple and understandable way while being sensitive to our situation.
The nurses are wonderful.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
The clinic is clean, orderly, and very professional. They always get you in close to your appointment time, and the nurses are quick and effective in drawing blood and making you comfortable. I was very impressed.
I’m not a reliable source here; my procedures were of no cost to me because I was participating in a study.