6.2

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Lederman] was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner...there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York], because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered...Strengths: always on time for appointments...Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was clearly a very knowledgeable doctor. He was very professional and demonstrated good bedside manner. The reason I decided to change clinics was because I was still hopeful that I could be successful with pregnancy through IUI's and there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I would say it was in between. He was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner. However, although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours, because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We first began with "timed intercourse" which consisted of trigger shots and monitoring. It was a little under a year of my husband and I TTC, which was still a little early, but he seemed understanding and very willing to assist us. We did two of those, followed by a round with letrozole. Followed by 3 rounds of "timed intercourse" we moved on to 4 IUI's with letrozole, trigger shots, and of course monitoring.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Very professional and caring
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: always on time for appointments and doctors perform ultrasounds Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
Co-pay each time
Westchester

First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He [Dr. Lederman] also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
The interactions with the office [RMA of New York] were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Take detailed notes, and ask for crystal clear steps / timelines.
The interactions with the office were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.

Treated 2013 - 2016
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed....We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** [at RMA of New York] While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He is thorough, but this can also be to his detriment. He spends a lot of time spouting facts and figures that don't necessarily apply to you (for example I'm 32, I don't particularly care about the success rates for women 40+ or risks for them). We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
This is hard. You don't know what you don't know, so it's impossible to tell someone to ask a lot of questions, etc. when you don't know what to ask and you feel like you're getting thorough information.
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed. For anything else-- monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer-- we rarely saw him and just had to take whoever was on staff that day,
1) IVF-- my husband had testicular cancer and so his sperm count was low. Our first cycle was stopped as I was told my eggs weren't developing as a "cohort". Two eggs were "racing ahead of the pack" and Dr. Lederman felt like due to my age and health, we could do better. It was converted to an IUI where I had a negative home pregnancy test and the dr's office had a low positive (chemical pregnancy most likely). 2) Once I got my period I was put on birth control (pill) for about 2.5 weeks and then started hormone injections again. It took longer than anticipated before they did the egg retrieval (we were told about 10 days, it was 14 before my retrieval). My egg retrieval was extremely painful and I couldn't move and was in the worst pain of my life for several days. Nobody would prescribe me anything for the pain (various other materials I read online said other patients at other clinics were always sent home with an rx painkiller). I had also been told this procedure is "painless". They got 12 eggs, 10 were mature enough to fertilize (ICSI), 8 were successful, 6 grew, and we wound up with 2 the day-of. The doctor who did our transfer, literally as they were wheeling me out of the waiting area and into the transfer room, said "oh we want to put both back" so my husband and I didn't really have time to even think about it. We had been told, for years, that only ONE egg would ever be transferred. 3) This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and the most difficult time of our lives. The pregnancy test came back low positive (hcg about 8) so they told me it didn't work. Then my numbers continued to triple every 2-3 days and make huge jumps. This whole time I was in for monitoring every 2-3 days where various doctors, who were not my doctor, would tell me they didn't know what was wrong but something definitely was even though my numbers were in the normal range. I was repeatedly told they "couldn't find it" (the sac). After a couple weeks of this (getting good new the numbers were rising and then terrible news that they were convinced something was terribly wrong because they couldn't see anything) I was sent to an ultrasound clinic with higher tech machines as, after weeks of torture, my doctors office finally informed me that their machines aren't good enough to see anything that early anyway (!!!!). This place found an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two shots of methotrexate that evening and we had to stop trying for three months. 4) After three months, we went back to Dr. Lederman and said at this time we are only willing to try IUI (something less invasive). We are in the middle of our first cycle with Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christine, but she left halfway through our first IVF cycle and then we had nobody)
Erin was the main nurse we had contact with. She was very kind and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The weekend had one location open across the entire city and it was a cattle call. It is a nightmare to go there with waits lasting over an hour, nowhere to sit, etc.
Our insurance covers this. I just have an occasional co-pay.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They double-charged our insurance for our first IUI which then put us over our limit for coverage and stuck us with a huge bill. It took many days of calling the office and insurance company for this to get straightened out. They would routinely tell my husband he needed to come in for tests or bloodwork which they had already done.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Lederman] always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information....I only saw him for my consultation. Another doctor gave me conflicting information than he did so unsure on trust level thus far but still mid way through treatment but getting another opinion before continuing... He suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.... Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations [RMA of NY] make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time...Co-pays per ultrasound and blood work as per usual schedule. Right now about $150 per cycle with medications.... He [Dr. Lederman] suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time
Treated 2019 - 2020
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.