6.2

311 North Street, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle...is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities...I was 39 and hypertensive when I met with Dr. Lederman at the time. He came up with a medication regimen based on that and my reproductive history. New Patient Advice
They [nurses of RMA of New York] were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful...My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses...I saw Dr. Lederman mainly in the Westchester office were everyone was lovely and the office was in a lovely building. That office is light and bright also very clean. I came in before work which was perfect for me and usually I was seen quickly but sometimes I had to wait awhile on a busy day. The Eastside office was big and busy. I wish that office was brighter but they move quicker there because all the labs are done there.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Ask him all the questions you want so that you can fully understand him and the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy and Norma Gaytan)
They were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses. A few of the expenses were things my husband and I opted for to insure a positive result.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He said right away because of my hypertension he was only transferring one embryo at a time.
NY - Eastside
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos...I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Westchester

He [Dr. Lederman] asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice...He was very approachable and very welcoming...He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational...He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.
NY - Westside
Treated 2016
[Dr Lederman at RMA of New York was] rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person....Accurate, but seemed chilly in his demeanor. Results oriented, but only for "physical" issues....Allowed children to go to appointments (except IVF) which is helpful when dealing with secondary infertility.
Don't expect warmth.
Rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person.
Since I had unexplained infertility, he suggested we follow the protocol put in place and covered by my insurance company (3 iuis on Clomid with IVF if they fail). He wanted to go straight to IVF.
Provided what the MD didn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Covered by health insurance.
Westchester
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.
This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.... He is kind and compassionate with a nice bedside manner. I don't think there will be any radical protocols, but I don't know if that is a bad thing, but I trust him so I trust his opinion.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos. He has been flexible in having a call vs. appointments, and comprising on appointment times so I can be easily accommodated. I feel like he is on my side and I trust him.
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff. This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier.
I had 3 different protocols, I don't remember which. I was told by Dr. Lederman that there are only a handful and we try them out to see which works best.
Unforntaly I have not yet any embryos making it to blast to be transferred.