6.2

White Plains, NY 10605
914-997-6200

Treated 2019 - 2020
Investor
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation [at RMA of New York]...Monitoring hours get crazy and you definitely feel like they are rushing to get you in and out. However, it’s clear they are highly recommended as the waiting room is always full. Whenever you call with a question, they do a good job of calling you back...[Dr. Michael Lederman is] Smart, but very busy and not sure he wants to dive into my specific issues. Felt like I got the same treatment as everyone else. Still no answers on my infertility and when my husband and I had blood work and testing done, it was the nurse who called with the results and often she couldn’t explain the meaning...Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Treatment didn’t feel specific to my situation.

Treated 2020
Dr. Lederman strongly believes in only transferring one single embryo because multiples pose more of a risk for both babies and mother...was always compassionate and very responsive to emails with questions and concerns...He is very knowledgeable and we felt confident in his treatment plan and suggestions for us. I greatly appreciated his prompt responses to my emails with questions and concerns even during evenings and weekends. We underwent 1 successful IVF treatment and are expecting our baby in August. We are grateful to have been in such great care during what is a very emotional journey.
Monitoring appointments [at RMA of New York] were always very quick and efficient. The appointment times were scheduled during monitoring hours and I never had to wait longer than a few minutes...My husband and I were very happy with RMANY. We trusted the entire team and process. I met different doctors throughout my care and felt all were compassionate and interested in helping us reach our goal. We liked that RMA is open 364 days a year to ensure that you receive care exactly when you need to in your cycle.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
My husband and I felt very comfortable in the care of Dr. Lederman. He is very knowledgeable and we felt confident in his treatment plan and suggestions for us. I greatly appreciated his prompt responses to my emails with questions and concerns even during evenings and weekends. We underwent 1 successful IVF treatment and are expecting our baby in August. We are grateful to have been in such great care during what is a very emotional journey.
Dr. Lederman was always compassionate and very responsive to emails with questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was very friendly and kind. They were always responsive and helpful with phone calls with questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were always very quick and efficient. The appointment times were scheduled during monitoring hours and I never had to wait longer than a few minutes.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Westchester

Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient...He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer...At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal.
The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week...they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
On our first visit with Dr Lederman he fully explained all the testing we were going to do due to our circumstances. We sort of knew what our prognosis was before going to the fertility clinic but he explained it in more detail and what further testing should be done. He was very patient with me and the multitude of questions i had. Because of a hearing disability I have I had the doctor repeat himself multiple times and to speak slowly when asked so i can write his answers down on a notebook. After the initial consultation we saw him during the egg retrieval process and he conducted both the egg retrieval and transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Make sure to have a notebook ready with questions you have for the initial consultation.
It's a bit of both. At RMA they see a lot of people and it might feel like you are treated as a number but they are good at what they do. Dr Lederman and all the other doctors spend a couple of minutes outside the examination room reviewing your case before they see you. But Dr. Lederman always remembered our case and asked specific questions that let us know that he remembers the patient.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
After the initial consultation in February the Dr prescribed birth control pills for 3 months for my wife. I had to take Clomid for 3+ months to raise my testosterone (Prescribed by another doctor at RMA) After 3 months my wife started the injections for about 2 weeks and used 2-3 different types a day. The injections were usually 1 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night (depending how she responded through bloodwork and ultrasound). At the 2 egg retrievals we did my wife produced upwards of 20 eggs for each one but my low quality sperm (through a genetic condition) was used and ICSI and PGS was needed. 1st Egg retrieval: 22 Eggs retrieved, 16 were matured, 14 fertilized, 7 blasts but only 2 were normal. 2nd retrieval: 26 Eggs retrieved, 20 were mature, only 4 fertilized (used my frozen sperm) but all made it to blast. Only one was genetically normal. The first egg retrieval ended up with 2 genetically normal 6AA blastocysts and the second ended with 1 genetically normal AC blast. We did a FET with one of the 6AA in August and my wife is currently 5 months pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Norma Gaytan)
The Nursing staff was friendly and understood my wife had an aversion to needles. My care coordinator was awesome. She always let me know when she was available and out of the office with automatic messages. Every time i had a question or concern she would either call me or send me an email. to emails she responded from 30 minutes to less than 24 hours depending on the time of day the message was sent. The nurses always had smiles and were very professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A lot of people go to this clinic because its one of the best in the city. Sometimes it might feel like you might be a number to the doctor but the Care coordinator and nurses help bridge the gap. The only weakness I saw was at RMA eastside which is their main office didn't give me accurate information on the results of one of my procedures at first but then someone called with updated info later that day. I mostly went to the Westside office except for Saturdays and for the procedures that are conducted there. For any new patient i recommend first asking questions before the initial consultation to see which doctor are at the office during a day of the week you can work around if you have a job. There are doctors that are only there during certain days of the week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7-8:30 AM and was easy for me since I worked 9-5 and worked half an hour away by train. Me and my wife go the there before 7 and usually on the first there to be seen. At 7 bloodwork was taken then went in for ultrasound right away. We usually left between 7:15- 7:30 AM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
I had insurance and it covered 75% of some of the cost. Initial Consultation was $500. IVF-$1500, normally 6000 Embryo transfer with insurance $500. Anesthesiologist was 750. Embryo freezing 500 every 6 months Meds- Thanks to insurance I paid less than 1000. Maybe 500-800. Copays and everything else about 2000-3500
Dr Lederman strongly encouraged single embryo transfer. They do not do Multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
This was not done at the Westside office but at the Eastside Office. They gave me either wrong information or information that was not up to date. I had called to the eastside office for the results of one of my procedures and was given bad news. Later that day I got a call back with much better news from a different nurse. In between those 2 calls I had gotten depressed until the second call was made.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle...is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities...I was 39 and hypertensive when I met with Dr. Lederman at the time. He came up with a medication regimen based on that and my reproductive history. New Patient Advice
They [nurses of RMA of New York] were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful...My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses...I saw Dr. Lederman mainly in the Westchester office were everyone was lovely and the office was in a lovely building. That office is light and bright also very clean. I came in before work which was perfect for me and usually I was seen quickly but sometimes I had to wait awhile on a busy day. The Eastside office was big and busy. I wish that office was brighter but they move quicker there because all the labs are done there.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is extremely thorough, at our first appointment he went through so much it was a bit overwhelming. He talked so fast I tried to take it all in but once he started talking to me about my history, he was very personable. I became very confident in his abilities.
Ask him all the questions you want so that you can fully understand him and the process.
He was always aware of what was going on with me and where I was in my treatment. I was explained throughly what they were looking for during my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy and Norma Gaytan)
They were so friendly and thoughtful. Throughout the process they were always available by email or phone. They were always quick to deal with and help with any issues I was facing. They made this process wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My insurance covered 100% the ivf process but there were a few out of pocket expenses. A few of the expenses were things my husband and I opted for to insure a positive result.
He said right away because of my hypertension he was only transferring one embryo at a time.
NY - Eastside

The clinic [RMA of NY] runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless....The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
This was the 3rd clinic we came to and it really makes the biggest difference to feel in good hands and at a clinic you like. Dr Lederman was professional, friendly and able to answer all the questions we had during our first visit. We decided to proceed with the clinic for IVF and we did one egg retrieval that unfortunately didn't result in any viable embryos. Dr Lederman called me immediately when these results came through and was very compassionate in delivering this obviously disappointing news. We are discussing a next retrieval with Dr Lederman for which he has suggested increasing the medication dosages during stimulation to try for more mature eggs. We feel in very good hands with Dr Lederman and the whole team and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr Lederman took the time to answer all our questions, was friendly and compassionate
I was on Gonal and Menopur for stimulation and lupron and pregnyl for trigger before retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs, 2 of which produced embryos. After pgs neither embryo was determined viable for transfer. Dr Lederman has said he would increase medications on the next retrieval in the aim to get more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff is amazing. They kept in touch regularly and followed up promptly after every visit. The communication of all the nursing staff wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful with any questions. If I ever needed to speak to a nurse I could easily call and talk to someone quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic runs very well. From the outset of treatment we were assigned a team which consisted of doctor/co-ordinator/finance/nursing. Our co-ordinator Norma is the best. She is very thorough and organized and put us at ease with everything leading up to our first cycle. She has been a great point of contact throughout our process and has made everything seamless.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Well oiled machine. In and out within 20-30 mins. Even though our doctor is at the Westside clinic, we were able to do monitoring at the Brooklyn clinic which was much more convenient.
15k per cycle +5k on meds. Around 2k more on ultrasounds/blood work/ visits outside of cycle
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Lederman firmly believes in only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He also insists on only transferring PGS/PGD tested embryos...I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
The Westchester location [of RMA of New York] is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant...
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a great doctor. He's relatively warm and compassionate, but he's also realistic. He always sets expectations. I had (have) a difficult road, and even switched doctors at one point to see if there was another doctor who would do a better job. I ended up coming back. He does need a lot of pushing and convincing to try tests/protocols outside of his standard method. But there are some procedures he will not buy into, and he will share the evidence and explanation as to why (even if you don't agree).
Write everything down, and ask him to repeat himself - he talks fast! Ask lots of questions.
Retrieval #1: Gonal-F in the morning, Menopur in evening. Cetrotide added 5 days before trigger. Dual trigger shot (HCG and lupron). 14 days of stims. Resulted in 20 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5, 4 PGS normal. Before first transfer: hysteroscopy - 2 small polyps and small adhesion removed. Transfer #1: BCP, estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #2: Next cycle after. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3, increased to 3x a few days later. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer, baby aspirin day of transfer. Resulted in CP. Transfer #3. RPL panel (negative), karyotyping (negative), saline sonogram (negative) biopsy (positive for endometritis). 2 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in negative. Transfer #4: 3 weeks of antibiotics. Estrodiol 2x day at day 3 of following cycle, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in CP. Retrieval #2: Gonal-F in the morning, higher dose (than last time) or Menopur in the evening. Cetrotide added 6 days before trigger. Lupron trigger only. 15 days of stims. 19 eggs, 18 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 made it to day 5/6/7, 5 PGS normal, 1 inconclusive. Transfer #5: 12 days of birth control pills, 5 days overlapping with 10 units of lupron. Continued 10 units of lupron until light period arrived, reduced to 5 units. 3.5 weeks of lupron total. Estrodiol added 2x day, increased to 3x a few days later. Baby aspirin on day 3. Progesterone (1mL) 5.5 days before transfer, prometrin (2x day) and endometrin (2x day) starting day after transfer, medrol for 7 days starting 5 days before transfer. Resulted in pregnancy starting with very low beta (37 at 9dp5dt) - currently 9+2 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha)
Primary PA was easy to reach and quick to answer questions when she was at work. If she was out, I got calls with results from nursing staff I had never met.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester location is excellent, with only 2 doctors during monitoring hours. Warm staff, easy communication, questions always answered. However, RMANY is a large company. If you need monitoring on a weekend or holiday, you are stuck with a random doctor and a huge waiting room filled to the max with people and names being yelled from every direction. It is far from pleasant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient on weekdays at the Westchester location. Terrible cattle-call on the weekends at the Madison Ave location.
Insurance covered our IUIs and $10K or IVF, plus $10K of medications. RMA charged us the remainder. First 2 transfers were included in insurance cost. Each transfer after was $3500. Costs included bloodwork, ultrasounds, and monitoring appointments. Once we were paying out of pocket for IVF #2, the total cost included all appointments, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and 1 transfer. PGS is private pay, and any procedure (saline sonogram, biopsy) is charged to your insurance.
Westchester
My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him...talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information n
RMA of NY is a big place. People refer to fertility clinics/offices in NYC as factories, but I never felt this way at RMA. In fact, every morning (and there are lots of early mornings for monitoring), i was always greeted by a friendly receptionist. There is a large staff, but you will recognize the same familiar faces, especially when going in several times per week. I wasn't there long enough to know everyone on a first name basis, but I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was recommended to me by my OBGYN, and I could not have been more pleased with him and of course - with the end result - my daughter!! From the start, Dr. Lederman made my husband and I feel comfortable and at ease about the fertility process. Of course, we were nervous walking into our first appointment. (We were in unchartered territory and were surprised by the fact that we even needed fertility support to begin with.) After our initial appointment, we left feeling confident that we would be able to expand our family, and less than a year later, we did! Dr. Lederman talks fast, he has a lot to say and he is very well versed in this process. He was eager to help us and made us feel like we had known him forever. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, answered all of our questions, eased our concerns and even had time for a few jokes/moments of laughter. My husband and I left feeling relaxed, calm and confident that our baby would be coming in the near future!! (And she did - we visited Dr. Lederman in October 2019 and had our daughter in August 2020!) During our consultation, Dr. Lederman reviewed all of the options with both my husband and I, including IUI, medicated IUI and IVF. I was able to confide in Dr. Lederman about my family history and the circumstances surrounding our journey. Not only did he listen and provide options, but he gave us all of the information needed to make an informed decision about how to proceed. Although I was a bit weary of an IUI working (from talking to my friends and their experiences), my husband and I decided to proceed with an IUI as it was less invasive. I did not expect that it would work, especially on our first try, but it did and we are forever grateful! In the weeks following our positive pregnancy test, Dr. Lederman met with me to perform ultrasounds and check the status of our baby. He was genuinely so happy for us, and I cannot thank him enough for his support, encouragement and positivity along the way. Although my time with Dr. Lederman was short, (which is a good thing!), I would highly recommend him as someone to take this fertility journey with. In fact, when the time comes for us to expand our family again, we will most certainly be going back to Dr. Lederman.
One piece of advice I would suggest is to write down all of your questions. Dr. Lederman is patient and well informed. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and even twice if you don't initially understand. Writing everything down is important so that you leave your consultation having all of the facts and information you need! (If you forget, don't worry - Dr. Lederman quickly replies to emails!)
Dr. Lederman was the perfect match for me from the start! As soon as I met him, I felt like he was someone who I would trust to take this journey with. He spent an hour with my husband and I, getting to know us, our fertility goals, reviewing previous testing, helping us understand our next steps, going over options and reassuring us that with patience and time, our goal would be met. My husband and I were given all the information that we needed in order to make a decision that we were comfortable with in order to begin our journey. Dr. Lederman was not only knowledgable, but extremely personable! We left that first visit feeling confident and relaxed about our decision to move forward with him.
Dr. Lederman suggested that we start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Letrozole in the days leading up to my IUI. Due to an insurance mix up at the pharmacy, I had to get Clomid instead. (They both do the same thing and in the end it worked for me!) I also did one trigger shot the night before the IUI. While on the table getting my IUI, I was talking to Dr. Lederman about scheduling my next IUI because I was going away for winter break and wanted to find out whether or not I could squeeze it in before my trip. He looked at me and said, "Let's give this one a chance and then we'll talk." Well - he was right!! I ended up pregnant and my next visit with him was to have an ultrasound to check for a sac. I went to Dr. Lederman for ten weeks, then graduated and went to a new OBGYN (recommended by Dr. Lederman). In those ten weeks, I had a million more questions than I had during my initial consultation. Dr. Lederman and his team were there to support me during this time. All of my questions were answered and I was extremely pleased with the close monitoring of my baby. **I didn't write a review until after my daughter was born as I was superstitious - but I am forever grateful to Dr. Lederman for helping me expand my family. He made this difficult process, extremely positive and calming. **
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Dr. Lederman's primary nurse went on maternity leave early in my process, but everyone at RMA was extremely thorough, kind, supportive, friendly and easy to talk to! I always felt welcomed in the office or on the phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Every insurance is different. I suggest making sure that you call your insurance provider prior to your visit to find out what is covered. Luckily, I only had to pay a co-pay for each visit/ultrasound.
NY - Westside
Dr. Lederman is compassionate and empathic. ... I also love the fact that he performs his own transfers. ... From day 1, he was optimistic that he'd be able to help us conceive. He reassured us and walked us through the grueling steps of IVF. ... I am wholeheartedly grateful for the care I have received with Dr. Lederman and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. His nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
Monitoring hours are pretty reasonable from 7-8:30 and the turnover is fairly quick. As a new patient, be advised, that you won't be seeing your primary doctor with every visit. This did not bother me though, because everyone I encountered was pleasant. ... His [Dr. Lederman] nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is compassionate and empathic. Even something as small as him following up with my husband and I's recent trip to Texas, shows how attentive he is. From day 1, he was optimistic that he'd be able to help us conceive. He reassured us and walked us through the grueling steps of IVF. Luckily, it worked on the first try. I am wholeheartedly grateful for the care I have received with Dr. Lederman and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I also love the fact that he performs his own transfers. His nurse, Tatiana, is outstanding. She's very sweet, knowledgeable, and caring. Although, I am happy to be graduating to my Ob, I am also sad to leave RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Majority of the costs were covered by insurance, other than the PGS testing and anesthesia for the egg retrieval. We spent approximately $4-5000.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Lederman] always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information....I only saw him for my consultation. Another doctor gave me conflicting information than he did so unsure on trust level thus far but still mid way through treatment but getting another opinion before continuing... He suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.... Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations [RMA of NY] make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time...Co-pays per ultrasound and blood work as per usual schedule. Right now about $150 per cycle with medications.... He [Dr. Lederman] suggested natural cycle with trigger shot for 3 cycles then clomid for 3 cycles before trying iui and then ivf.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He always responds to emails and concerns promptly and with direct information.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very comprehensive care and multiple locations make it easy to get to and be seen when needed and still get to work on time. Very important as a teacher who starts work before 8:30. This was one of my greatest fears of missing work time
Treated 2018 - 2019
Around $24k all in for IVF treatment and medications [at RMA of New York]...Compassionate staff and run effectively. When you come for regular monitoring, you will see different staff members but any bookable slots are with your team. For weekend monitoring, this is done at the east side location...I was very happy with [Dr. Lederman's] care. He was kind caring, had great experience, gave me confidence in his recommendations whihch he tailored to my personal cicumstances. He talked quite quickly but always gave me time to ask questions and I did not feel rushed...Tell him about your goals and time frames, he will work to help you achieve them...Personal and detailed care, concidered our personal circumstances and recommended accordingly
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I was very happy with Dr Ledermanns care. He was kind caring, had great experience, gave me confidence in his recommendations whihch he tailored to my personal cicumstances. He talked quite quickly but always gave me time to ask questions and I did not feel rushed.
Around $24k all in for IVF treatment and medications
NY - Westside
The Doctor [Dr. Lederman] had a great understanding of what our outcome would be based on our health and condition. He was also matter of fact which is something we appreciated... He is a straight shooter and very passionate as to PGT M testing. We had a great experience...Do not expect him to go into details in others regards that are not medical ( like financial bills etc ). He is practical and honest...We had one stimulation cycle with low dosages. One egg retrieval and one frozen embryo transfer. The outcome of all this was a pregnancy.
The RMA believes strongly in single embryo transfer. That appears to be the safest route for pregnancy. That was fine with us...The key Clinic strengths are as follows. efficient , knowledgeable, experts...While the are the following-Miscommunications from IVF coordinator...Great experience and you still felt like an individual...Tatiana which was Dr Lederman lead nurse was amazing. She was on top of all our calls and would inform us of any changes when they would come up. She really cared and was optimistic the entire way.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
DR Lederman was fantastic for my wife and I. He knew what our best course of action was and made sure we followed everything to perfection. He is a straight shooter and very passionate as to PGT M testing. We had a great experience and trust this team wholeheartedly. The RMA westside is extremely professional and efficient. Our results were great and that was due to this team pushing us while practicing great overall care (lab techs etc ).
Dr Lederman will be straightforward with you. Do not expect him to go into details in others regards that are not medical ( like financial bills etc ). He is practical and honest.
The Doctor had a great understanding of what our outcome would be based on our health and condition. He was also matter of fact which is something we appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The key Clinic strengths are as follows. efficient , knowledgeable, experts While the are the following-Miscommunications from IVF coordinator Great experience and you still felt like an individual in the west side
The cost was marginal as they accept most insurance providers. We did not pay more than 10 K for the entire procedure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One miscommunication between nurses and IVF coordinator.
NY - Westside
He [Dr. Matthew Lederman] can give you a lot of information, write everything down!...was very thoughtful and caring. He always answered any questions and concerns I had, and took the time to explain in detail every part of the IVF process...His calm deamear is reassuring and puts you at ease. He is always pleasant and is always smiling...is compassionate, informative and truly cares. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and graduating to my OB, and while I am happy it is hard to leave because everyone is so great! I would highly recommend Dr. Lederman.
Everyone at RMA was very informative, however when you needed to talk to a nurse or any other department ex- financial you had to call the main number and they always had to call you back. They always returned my call the same day...Martha [nurse] always answered any questions or concerns I had and gave me all the information I needed before I left the office. Martha and Tatiana called and emailed every afternoon with results from blood work and instructions for moving forward. Thanks for making this such an easy experience!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I am so grateful that I found Dr. Lederman and his staff at RMA. He made me feel so comfortable throughout this whole process. His calm deamear is reassuring and puts you at ease. He is always pleasant and is always smiling. Dr. Lederman is compassionate, informative and truly cares. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and graduating to my OB, and while I am happy it is hard to leave because everyone is so great! I would highly recommend Dr. Lederman.
He can give you a lot of information, write everything down! If you have any questions, just ask and he will explain in more detail.
Dr. Lederman was very thoughtful and caring. He always answered any questions and concerns I had, and took the time to explain in detail every part of the IVF process.
I started with menopur. Took estrace and progesterone in oil injections after the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Martha Fennessy)
The nurse's at Dr. Lederman's office in White Plains were wonderful. Martha always answered any questions or concerns I had and gave me all the information I needed before I left the office. Martha and Tatiana called and emailed every afternoon with results from blood work and instructions for moving forward. Thanks for making this such an easy experience!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Insurance covered a good amount of the IVF procedure.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Lederman made me feel like a person and less like a number, considering the amount of patients he sees. He has excellent beside manner and answered all of my questions to ensure I understood my options, the treatment and the process... He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I think the clinic [RMA of New York] is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job...Julia, the coordinator was great. Always available and an excellent main point of contact for questions or to reach out to other members of the team. Erin and Martha are two of Dr. Lederman's nurses and they were always kind, answered any questions and gave you a call with your lab results and medication instructions.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman explained my options and tried to give me the pros/cons for each based on my health history and age. He has excellent beside manner and was very responsive to questions I had throughout the cycles in person while in monitoring, via email and through his coordinator. Due to the way the cycles work, I didn't always get to see Dr. Lederman for monitoring but he was always reviewing the cycle details. For the transfer and subsequent monitoring after positive pregnancy test, he was the only doctor I saw during the monitoring hours. Overall, I am very satisfied with his service.
I would say, do some research before going to the first appointment so you can ask all the questions you may have. Also, note that you may not see him during monitoring since the doctors rotate days to perform monitoring and retrieval but he is available if needed through the process.
Based on my personal health and situation, it was decided to do IVF with freeze all cycle. I have some eggs frozen for future use and then added two cycles to fertilize the eggs and transfer embryos. I had two cycles and after having three healthy embryos (after performing PGS testing), I got pregnant after the first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Erin and Martha)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic is designed as a well oiled machine. They have a process that allows you to go in early in the morning for monitoring and you will get the responses later in the afternoon. The clinic where you have the procedures it's ok, not impressive but has everything that they need to perform the job.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The system worked and it was pretty quick. Only on weekends when everyone needs to go to one clinic located on the East side the wait would be a little longer but never more than 20-30 minutes.
Egg freezing was out of pocket but the IVF cycles were covered by insurance and I was responsible for the regular copayments.
Based on my age, it was not recommended to have more than one embryo transferred. I believe it is RMA's policy to transfer only one embryo which I agree to, multiples can result in a high risk pregnancy and my age already pushes me towards that.

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Lederman] was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner...there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours [at RMA of New York], because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered...Strengths: always on time for appointments...Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman was clearly a very knowledgeable doctor. He was very professional and demonstrated good bedside manner. The reason I decided to change clinics was because I was still hopeful that I could be successful with pregnancy through IUI's and there seemed to be no other treatment plan then the same four IUI's he performed. I took a small dose of letrozole, was monitored, used a trigger shot, then my IUI was performed. He never recommended any type of surgery such as a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or any other research to try and figure out how else to help my husband and I. It seemed as if IVF was our only route. At time time, IUI's were covered by my insurance 100% so I really wanted to try injectables with IUI and he explained that there was not enough research to support that it helped increase our chances. As much as I wanted to trust him and continue seeing him, the distance from my house to the office was a factor as well as Dr. Lederman not in agreement to try a different treatment plan before IVF.
I would say it was in between. He was very caring and seemed empathetic to such as sensitive manner, he even rubbed my shoulders a few times and said "you will get there, it just takes time." I also appreciated how we had access to his e-mail and he would return my phone call in a timely manner. However, although I appreciated the fast past during morning monitoring hours, because I understood everyone needed to get to work, I did feel rushed at times. I liked how the doctors performed the ultrasounds instead of techs. but, I felt if I had extra questions that day, they didn't really want to be bothered.
We first began with "timed intercourse" which consisted of trigger shots and monitoring. It was a little under a year of my husband and I TTC, which was still a little early, but he seemed understanding and very willing to assist us. We did two of those, followed by a round with letrozole. Followed by 3 rounds of "timed intercourse" we moved on to 4 IUI's with letrozole, trigger shots, and of course monitoring.
Very professional and caring
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: always on time for appointments and doctors perform ultrasounds Weakness: monitoring hours should've began earlier and sometimes there was too much of a push for IVF, the clinic seemed very numbers driven
Co-pay each time
Westchester

As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs..Due to only getting two embryo's to blast after being PGD/PGS tested both embryo's came back normal and without the genetic factor. eSET was recommended due to the limited amount of PGS/PGD normal blasts we had and we did not want to potentially loose both of them in a multiple embryo transfer and be left with nothing.
RMA has a great selection of Dr's and great team of personnel who is personable and caring during your Infertility treatments. I was treated like a person and not a number at all the stages of my IVF journey and at each clinic I visited for monitoring/retrieval/transfer...Martha [nurse] was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman is a wonderful, kind and understanding Dr. who focused solely on our infertility issues at hand and remained positive and provided encouragement when outcomes didn't go in our favor. He was always available for a phone call and always responded to my emails at all times of the day and on weekends. I always had a lot of questions and concerns and he was always there to calm me down and assure me that everything was ok. His communication skills and ability to make you feel like a person and not another infertility statistic is his top strengths as a doctor. Through his positive support and perseverance we were able to achieve a favorable outcome and a successful transfer in October 2018. Our miracle baby Girl was born in July 2019 and we owe all our success to him!
Trust his plan of action! I was skeptical at first, but he knows what is best for every individual case!
Dr. Lederman was very personable and caring during my IVF treatment. He was always available to talk and emailed me back promptly with any questions or concerns that I had. He was extremely supportive of my infertility case and due to being a genetic carrier and undergoing PGD/PGS embryo testing, he was very positive that we would achieve a favorable outcome!
As a Breast cancer survivor and a patient diagnosed with Diminsihed Ovarian Reserve, Dr. Lederman focused on quality not quantity. My treatment strategy focused on the use of Letrozole, Gonal F and Menopur. Letrozole was used to suppress estrogen due to my Breast Cancer History and the Gonal F and Menopur was used to help stimulate my follicles and eggs. Dr. Lederman increased the use of Menopur and Gonal F after the first round yielded only a few eggs. On my third round I produced 2x the amount of eggs from my first round and two of the embryo's made it to the blast/frozen stage and were sent for PGD/PGS testing.
Martha was very caring and supportive during my IVF journey. She was very motherly to me and showed a great deal of compassion during the good and trying times during the IVF process. She provided a lot of encouragement and valuable information!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was from 7am-9:30am. I was able to go in before work and complete monitoring before my work day started.
Costs were covered by our Insurance plan.
Westchester

He [Dr. Lederman] asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice...He was very approachable and very welcoming...He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational...He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
Everyone at RMA of NY has always been very friendly and caring. The main nurse I communicate with is Eliza and she's been amazing! Answering every question, email, calls, ready to see me anytime. She has great advice and genially cares. The IVF coordinator was Julia and she was also great in helping me get set-up and organize the meds process, and payment etc...the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
When we first found out we had to do IVF, following the results from our first meeting with him, he was very human and caring. We went to see him, a bit devastated to the news, and he was very reassuring in providing us all the info we needed, all the steps, etc. He would answer every email, be okay to meet if need be, and always ready to give advice, always being very rational. We're still in the process of our first IVF, and having the transfer next week - hoping it will all go fine. So far, I'm very happy in working with Dr. Lederman.
Be ready to learn a lot about it. He is very into genetics/diseases and will always push you to do as much testing as possible. He is available, professional and rational.
We first went to see Dr. Lederman not knowing we had any issues and just because we had been trying to conceive for 7+ months and were getting impatient. We went there just to get more info, not thinking we even had any infertility problems or so. He was very approachable and very welcoming. He asked us to do a few tests to ensure everything was good and he was very knowledgable given us tons of advice.
We are doing our first IVF, due to male factor so I don't have any infertility diagnosis. I was put on birth control, then did menopur and gonal f for a bit more than 1 week, and then trigger shots for the retrieval. Since we did PGS testing, I was off meds for a bit more than 1 month and now just started the transfer meds including estrace and just started progesterone in oil shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza and Julia)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Yes, a lot of people will tell you RMA is a factory. But the truth is, that's a good thing in the sense that it moves quickly and they're efficient. Despite all that, the staff is amazing. They're always smiling, caring, ready to help, listen and all. As weird as it sounds, I always enjoy going there. You'll see many different doctors during the monitoring, and they're all very nice and professional. However, every step will be provided by your doctor and his team.
Dr. Lederman is against, and will not allow multiple embryo transfer. He will push you to do PGS testing if you can afford it.
NY - Westside

First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He [Dr. Lederman] also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
The interactions with the office [RMA of New York] were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
First meeting, was good. But there were so many steps to take and it wasn't as clear as I would have liked, it felt quite scattered. He also seemed to want to create a total separation between himself and the finance/expense side. Like, you would sit with him and he would describe an endless list of tests and diagnostics, without any indication of what was necessary vs. lightly recommended, what was expensive and covered by insurance vs. what was typically out of pocket. He acted like he preferred to bury his head in the sand.
Take detailed notes, and ask for crystal clear steps / timelines.
The interactions with the office were handled by distinct functional role - dr, nurse, front desk, billing, finance / insurance - yet they all seemed to be playing a cruel and unprofessional game of broken telephone with one another - especially the billing/finance/insurance team. The dr. would schedule a saline sonogram, and the finance person would reach out to confirm that I was coming in for IVF (no!!). The dr. would invite me for the next round of diagnostics (with no concluded diagnosis yet), and the billing person would send me paperwork to file claims of "Infertility" with my insurance company. It created a real sense of unease, and I ultimately stopped seeing this clinic as a result.
NY - Westside
I think dr lederman is very warm and honest , extremely smart and really dedicates himself to his patients .... I can contact him via email all the time with questions , he is warm and understanding and gives his honest and professional opinion . He made me feel like I mattered and I'm not just a number walking into the office... Under the care of dr lederman I have taken letrozol twice and done the ovidrel shot twice and an IUI twice
All the staff at RMA and dr ledermans office are smart , warm and compassionate... I really like that RMA has a financial consultant to discuss all your financial options available and will answer all or any questions...Genuinely can't think of many or any weaknesses...You are in good hands ! And it's great that all the whiteplains, nyc and Long Island offices all work in conjunction with each other... I can contact him [Dr. Lederman] via email all the time with questions
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I think dr lederman is very warm and honest , extremely smart and really dedicates himself to his patients . He can't make pregnancy happen but he always makes me leave feeling hopeful and positive . He cares and the thing I like most is that I can always directly email him with questions or concerns
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
You are in good hands with dr lederman- id say to remain positive and hopeful that the process no matter how long or disappointing or frustrating it may be will work
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I had seen a doctor before who I really didn't like her bedside manner for a variety of reasons so I went to de lederman instead. I feel so much better in his hands ! I can contact him via email all the time with questions , he is warm and understanding and gives his honest and professional opinion . He made me feel like I mattered and I'm not just a number walking into the office
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
I used clomid with a previous doctor -50 mg didn't work - 100 did work but didn't result in pregnancy. Under the care of dr lederman I have taken letrozol twice and done the ovidrel shot twice and an IUI twice
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
All the staff at RMA and dr ledermans office are smart , warm and compassionate
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Having worked with another clinic and doctor before I switched to RMA I. Genuinely can't think of many or any weaknesses - after my first APPT I told my friend and family that it was a totally different ( positive ) experience . You are in good hands ! And it's great that all the whiteplains, nyc and Long Island offices all work in conjunction with each other
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
It really depends on what your insurance covers- mine didn't cover IUI ($500+) or the ovidrel shot ($99) but thus far the sonograms and office visits and blood work were covered . I really like that RMA has a financial consultant to discuss all your financial options available and will answer all or any questions
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Matthew Lederman
RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)
Garden City
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.
This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier....Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos.... He is kind and compassionate with a nice bedside manner. I don't think there will be any radical protocols, but I don't know if that is a bad thing, but I trust him so I trust his opinion.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lederman has been very supportive, accessible and clear on the process, outcomes, next steps, and opinions, which I appreciate. I appreciate that he has personally called me with updates and final IVF results re: my embryos. He has been flexible in having a call vs. appointments, and comprising on appointment times so I can be easily accommodated. I feel like he is on my side and I trust him.
Dr. Lederman has always made himself available and responded quickly to questions. He has been compassionate and doesn't talk too clinical, so we can understand. I would say the same thing about his staff. This a very difficult process and just about everyone at RMA has tried to make it easier.
I had 3 different protocols, I don't remember which. I was told by Dr. Lederman that there are only a handful and we try them out to see which works best.
Unforntaly I have not yet any embryos making it to blast to be transferred.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Lederman is an excellent dr- he was thoughtful, caring, and communicated very well. He always answered all my questions and concerns and made sure that the visits were as convenient as possible for me.... [RMA of NY-Westchester has] Convenient locations and hours. Organized. Appreciated the work of the IVF coordinator and the finance team to answer many questions. Staff is helpful and caring. Can’t get a nurse on the phone, however they call back in a practical time frame
[RMA of NY-Westchester has] Convenient locations and hours. Organized. Appreciated the work of the IVF coordinator and the finance team to answer many questions. Staff is helpful and caring. Can’t get a nurse on the phone, however they call back in a practical time frame.... Monitoring hours were very convenient, starting at 7am. Process was organized and efficient. Never had a problem, or a long wait.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr was thoughtful and caring
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
The staff and their coordination throughout the process were great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Fortunately I had insurance coverage for most of the process, so I reached my deductibles and had a few other expenses. Total spend was around $3,000

Treated 2016 - 2017
he[Dr. Lederman] is open to answering any questions that may arise...Of the 9 eggs, 7 were fertilized. 6 made it to the blastocyst stage. Of those 6, four of the embryos were viable (2 were aneuploid). I had 1 frozen embryo transferred 2 months later and it successfully implanted. We now have a beautiful daughter!...Dr Lederman is competent, trustworthy, kind, and got the results we wanted. I did 2 cycles of injections and IUI, which did not result in a pregnancy. We then decided to move to IVF, which was successful on the first try with a frozen cycle.
Monitoring [at RMA of White Plains] was during convenient times (early morning) before I had to go to work. I never had to wait very long. It was an efficient process. I have heard horror stories about wait times at other clinics and I didn't experience more than a 20 min wait here...strengths- relatively short wait times, organized staff, timely, treated like a human not a number, encrypted email system that makes communication easier, competent doctors and nurses, had successful treatment weakness- one of the phlebotomists didn't use gloves; one of the receptionists needs to keep patient details more discreet and make sure to follow HIPAA rules
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr Lederman is competent, trustworthy, kind, and got the results we wanted. I did 2 cycles of injections and IUI, which did not result in a pregnancy. We then decided to move to IVF, which was successful on the first try with a frozen cycle. We now have a beautiful, healthy daughter. We have 3 embryos in the freezer to use in the future as well, which is wonderful. I will go back to Dr. Lederman when its time for baby #2.
make sure to ask questions; he is open to answering any questions that may arise.
Dr Lederman was respectful and took adequate time to answer my questions. He treated me as an individual case, not as a number.
I did clomid without IUI at another fertility clinic. I had a chemical pregnancy as a result. I ended up changing providers to Dr Lederman at RMA because of the higher success rates. We did 2 rounds of femara with IUI (negative pregnancy test) and then decided to be more aggressive and move to IVF. We used lupron and Ganirelix to suppress the LH surge and ovulation, then follistim and menopur to mature multiple eggs, then HCG for the maturation of the egg. I had 9 eggs retrieved. Of the 9 eggs, 7 were fertilized. 6 made it to the blastocyst stage. Of those 6, four of the embryos were viable (2 were aneuploid). I had 1 frozen embryo transferred 2 months later and it successfully implanted. We now have a beautiful daughter!
Martha was compassionate and organized. She gave detailed instructions and promptly returned my questions, calls and emails.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was during convenient times (early morning) before I had to go to work. I never had to wait very long. It was an efficient process. I have heard horror stories about wait times at other clinics and I didn't experience more than a 20 min wait here.
$15,000-$16,000
We chose to implant 1 embryo because we did PGS and determined that the embryo was healthy. The goal was one healthy pregnancy at a time. Because of factors such as my age and the fact that the embryo was biopsied and shown to be normal, eSET was determined to be the best option. eSET enables patients to have the same success rates when transferring one or two embryos but with a greatly reduced risk of multiples.

Treated 2012 - 2017
This was my second time using Dr. Lederman and we couldn't be happier. He did his research before I came in and discussed things from our previous fertility treatments. He always asked about how I was doing and was always wiling to answer any questions. He also made it a point to say he is always available through email or if you call the office. During my retrieval and transfer, I could see he cared by the way he spoke to myself and my husband.
I think the clinics [RMA of NY] strengths are their staffing and knowledge. In this type of situation you want to feel like people care and I did feel as if they all cared. When I had to go to the New York City for monitoring, it is a bit different. That was more like a factory of getting you in and out, but I think that is good because you want to get in and out, especially if you are just there for blood. When I saw a doctor there, he was great and treated me as a patient, not a number. I do prefer the small office though. I highly recommend RMANY.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I would give the same advice for someone seeing any doctor and that would be write all your questions and concerns down. This way you are prepared when you see him.
I felt treated like a human because I was always greeted and cared for. My questions were always answered and I was never rushed. Dr. Lederman and all of his staff really seemed to care and hope for the best possible outcome for all of their patients.
I know this IVF cycle was a little more aggressive then my first cycle because we were trying to get more eggs, so we could freeze some in case we want more children. I was happy with how Dr. Lederman handled all my procedures and medication.
The whole nursing staff at RMA was amazing. Martha was who I dealt with on a daily basis and she was great. She always made me feel welcome and always got back to me very fast whether on the phone or through email. She really made this experience a great one.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinics strengths are their staffing and knowledge. In this type of situation you want to feel like people care and I did feel as if they all cared. When I had to go to the New York City for monitoring, it is a bit different. That was more like a factory of getting you in and out, but I think that is good because you want to get in and out, especially if you are just there for blood. When I saw a doctor there, he was great and treated me as a patient, not a number. I do prefer the small office though. I highly recommend RMANY.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I found the monitoring appointments to go fine. It was on a first come, first serve basis. I tried to get there early and was always seen in a timely manner. I liked how they did their monitoring hours.
I am not sure of the costs

Treated 2013 - 2016
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed....We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** [at RMA of New York] While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He is thorough, but this can also be to his detriment. He spends a lot of time spouting facts and figures that don't necessarily apply to you (for example I'm 32, I don't particularly care about the success rates for women 40+ or risks for them). We were also very under-prepared for a lot of things that happened along the way-- stopping our first cycle (nobody had ever mentioned that might happen), transferring more than one embryo (we had only ever been told, for years, that one embryo would be transferred due to my age), an ectopic outcome.
This is hard. You don't know what you don't know, so it's impossible to tell someone to ask a lot of questions, etc. when you don't know what to ask and you feel like you're getting thorough information.
When we were with Dr. Lederman for a sit-down appointment he would take his time, never rushing us, and discuss whatever we needed. For anything else-- monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer-- we rarely saw him and just had to take whoever was on staff that day,
1) IVF-- my husband had testicular cancer and so his sperm count was low. Our first cycle was stopped as I was told my eggs weren't developing as a "cohort". Two eggs were "racing ahead of the pack" and Dr. Lederman felt like due to my age and health, we could do better. It was converted to an IUI where I had a negative home pregnancy test and the dr's office had a low positive (chemical pregnancy most likely). 2) Once I got my period I was put on birth control (pill) for about 2.5 weeks and then started hormone injections again. It took longer than anticipated before they did the egg retrieval (we were told about 10 days, it was 14 before my retrieval). My egg retrieval was extremely painful and I couldn't move and was in the worst pain of my life for several days. Nobody would prescribe me anything for the pain (various other materials I read online said other patients at other clinics were always sent home with an rx painkiller). I had also been told this procedure is "painless". They got 12 eggs, 10 were mature enough to fertilize (ICSI), 8 were successful, 6 grew, and we wound up with 2 the day-of. The doctor who did our transfer, literally as they were wheeling me out of the waiting area and into the transfer room, said "oh we want to put both back" so my husband and I didn't really have time to even think about it. We had been told, for years, that only ONE egg would ever be transferred. 3) This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and the most difficult time of our lives. The pregnancy test came back low positive (hcg about 8) so they told me it didn't work. Then my numbers continued to triple every 2-3 days and make huge jumps. This whole time I was in for monitoring every 2-3 days where various doctors, who were not my doctor, would tell me they didn't know what was wrong but something definitely was even though my numbers were in the normal range. I was repeatedly told they "couldn't find it" (the sac). After a couple weeks of this (getting good new the numbers were rising and then terrible news that they were convinced something was terribly wrong because they couldn't see anything) I was sent to an ultrasound clinic with higher tech machines as, after weeks of torture, my doctors office finally informed me that their machines aren't good enough to see anything that early anyway (!!!!). This place found an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two shots of methotrexate that evening and we had to stop trying for three months. 4) After three months, we went back to Dr. Lederman and said at this time we are only willing to try IUI (something less invasive). We are in the middle of our first cycle with Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Christine, but she left halfway through our first IVF cycle and then we had nobody)
Erin was the main nurse we had contact with. She was very kind and caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
***YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER SEE YOUR DOCTOR*** While your doctor will call you with results, they will rarely--if ever-- be the person you see for monitoring or do any of your procedures. If you need weekend monitoring there is only one office open and it is like a cattle call. The wait can be an hour+ at times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The weekend had one location open across the entire city and it was a cattle call. It is a nightmare to go there with waits lasting over an hour, nowhere to sit, etc.
Our insurance covers this. I just have an occasional co-pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They double-charged our insurance for our first IUI which then put us over our limit for coverage and stuck us with a huge bill. It took many days of calling the office and insurance company for this to get straightened out. They would routinely tell my husband he needed to come in for tests or bloodwork which they had already done.

Treated 2016
He [Dr Matthew Lederman] is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way...[Nurse] Martha is very kind. Sometimes it seems the staff is overwhelmed with too many people, but she is helpful.
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha [at RMA White Plains]. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%...The clinic is very large and when you have to go to NYC location it is incredibly overwhelming, plus parking is awful....There have been times where the billing staff has been awful and made major mistakes that I have corrected. Sometimes I do feel like a number.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
I love Dr. Lederman and his nurse Martha. The finance staff is terrible and the phone system is frustrating, but Dr. Lederman really gives 100%.
He can be very clinical, so you may have to ask him to explain things in a more simple way. Just know that you can ask him anything at anytime and he will get back to you, even when he is on vacation.
He is available 24 X 7 by phone or email. He will ALWAYS return my calls and spend time answering my questions. After miscarrying my first every pregnancy after IVF I was devastated and looking for someone to blame, but he has been there for me every step of the way.
I used the "standard" protocol for my first IVF and did not respond well, resulting in only 4 eggs and 2 making it for PGD testing. He now changed the protocol and I'm hoping to start again. He has also done a lot of testing to find out why I miscarried at PGD/PGS tested embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We have insurance, thank god! So it has costs us about 7K with medication.
Treated 2016
[Dr Lederman at RMA of New York was] rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person....Accurate, but seemed chilly in his demeanor. Results oriented, but only for "physical" issues....Allowed children to go to appointments (except IVF) which is helpful when dealing with secondary infertility.
Don't expect warmth.
Rather impersonal, focused on percentages and details rather than treating the whole person.
Since I had unexplained infertility, he suggested we follow the protocol put in place and covered by my insurance company (3 iuis on Clomid with IVF if they fail). He wanted to go straight to IVF.
Provided what the MD didn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Covered by health insurance.