Medical SchoolU. of Utah
FellowshipU. of Miami
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Matthew Peterson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Peterson is very nice and friendly, but he doesn't seem to know my case very well, except what he reads off my chart. He's missed some important things in there. Once I saw him in the waiting room in the clinic, and it was clear he didn't recognize me at all. His staff is great though and knows me...is really smart, and I trust him to know the appropriate treatment for me. He is always very patient in answering my many questions, and always presents the information in a way I can understand. I like that he doesn't sugarcoat things, but also presents I options in a hopeful manner.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Dr. Peterson is really smart, and I trust him to know the appropriate treatment for me. He is always very patient in answering my many questions, and always presents the information in a way I can understand. I like that he doesn't sugarcoat things, but also presents I options in a hopeful manner. His drawbacks include working on a kind of macro level- he doesn't seem interested in helping me optimize my health to increase chances of conception...he told me once that rates don't change much by chasing down every little problem. He hasn't done any labs on me since my first consultation (with another Dr. 2 years prior to my visit with him). I also feel that I he has somewhat neglected my husband throughout this process, despite pretty serious MFI. We lost a few months due to not knowing what was going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Advocate for yourself. Make sure he's looking at all the results, and doing the tests you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Describe the protocols Matthew Peterson used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
I started on metformin 1500mg for 3 months, while my husband started on clomid 50mg for 3 months. Did an SIS to endure everything was good anatomically. Then I started letrozole 5 mg, which I didn't respond to. Used Provera to induce a period, then did 7.5 mg letrozole. Didn't respond. That same day, started 50 mg clomid plus 7.5 letrozole. No response by day 13. Started 5 mg letrozole and 100 mg clomid. No response. Told then I could move to injectibles, or lose weight. Chose to lose weight. After 4 months, I responded to 5 mg letrozole. Tried 3 natural cycles with the letrozole. Then moved to IUI. First was 5 mg letrozole and trigger with ovidrel. No success. Next three IUIs were 7.5 mg letrozole (to try and ovulate earlier than day 19) and ovidrel trigger. CP on second IUI, and then 2 failures. After 4th fail, recommended to do IVF with ICSI.
Every nurse at this clinic is so caring, kind, professional, and great to work with. They get back to me incredibly fast with questions, and treat me so well at the clinic. They've been really sensitive with giving me bad news, and always make it clear that they know how hard this process is. They are just wonderful.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They have an excellent online portal, which I love using. Refilling prescriptions, communicating with the staff, making appointments, seeing results are all very easy. The clinic offers great hours to make sure treatments are done at the right time. I can always get an appointment when I need one, although it does take awhile to get an appointment with my actual Dr. My one big criticism of the clinic is that they do not enforce their "no children in the clinic" rule and that is very frustrating and painful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Peterson at University of Utah.
I believe the initial consultation was around $200. Each ultrasound was around $350. IUIs are $370 total. My copay for each Dr. Visit was $25. I pay about $20 for a 3 month supply of letrozole, $10 for metformin, and $18 per syringe of ovidrel.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Dr. Peterson is very personable and makes me feel like the current round of IVF, whither it be the 3rd or 4th, matters. Like it's the biggest thing happening in my world- because it is. He is very professional and careful to explain every move he makes when doing vaginal ultrasounds, which I appreciate because lets face it... they are awful. My husband and I have never felt uncomfortable or iffy around him. I have never felt like I was left in the dark about my care plan. He always make sure I know and understand out next steps. What sincerely impressed me- After I had my daughter, about 6 months postpartum (our only live baby from IVF) I had some uncontrollable bleeding. I went to the ER and they ran tests and wanted me to have a D&C. Because we have moved to a different state and my infertility history, I was nervous about my care plan. I called my Infertility office, The U of U, to ask the nurses what they thought about having the D&C because of the scaring that can occur with it. Instead of hearing back from the nurses, Dr. Peterson, himself called me on the phone. He requested my full ER workup papers and test results. He looked over them and he told me how to handle it moving forward. That instance spoke volumes to the kind of doctor he is and the pride he takes in patient care and his work. I would definitely recommend him to the people closest to me without hesitation.
Always go in to see him with questions and be clear about your expectations for him.
Dr. Peterson is always warm and down to earth. He knows me and my whole history. Every time we meet with him, he comes prepared with all the information and helps my Husband and I make the best decision. He always takes the time to sit and listen to our concerns and answer all of our questions. He is very honest and does not sugar coat anything but is able to deliver the facts and information kindly. He is never condescending like a lot of very intelligent people can be. He makes both my husband and I feel like he cares about us and OUR situation.
At the time of our egg retrieval I was under the care of a different doctor at the University of Utah. I hyperstimulatied really bad and was unable to do a fresh transfer. My doctor took my case to the team and from there on all 5 or so doctors knew about my history and made decisions on my case together. When I began seeing Dr. Peterson he already knew about my history. He had done his "homework" on me so I didn't have to give him the rundown of my medical history of the last 15 years. I was so thankful for that. He did not change up protocol on my FET that he preformed, however, the one he did was the one that we got a live baby out of. I do feel like he watched me closer and I had more frequent appointments and ultrasounds with him because of my history of miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie Booth)
Lee Cherie is THE BEST nurse! She has been my primary nurse the entire time I have been at The U. She is very quick at responding to my messages through MyChart. She is very organized, patient with scheduling all my different appointments, and compassionate. She is excellent at communicating and helping me stay organized with my IVF schedule. I love her!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Strengths: Communication, organizational skills, making you feel like a human not a number, and building a relationship with you. Weaknesses: The only one I can think of is not being able to reach them on the phone. I always have to leave a message and they always call me back, and in a timely manner. So i guess it's not THAT bad of a weakness haha.
There are different plans you can choose from. I don't remember the cost of the egg retrieval. We paid a little more because we needed ICSI. An FET is right around $2700. They are very up front with their cost breakdown. In the 4.5 years we have been going there we have never had any shady billing situation come up. What has been quoted is exactly what we have paid. Prices have never been changed or raised.
Describe Matthew Peterson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
Dr. Peterson presented us with the facts and percentage rates in regards to a single and double embryo transfers. He informed us of the complications and risks that can come with multiple embryo transfer. He never tried to sway us one way or another. He just gave us the facts and let us decide.
2014 - 2017
4 IUI, IVF
Dr. Peterson has decades of experience and success. He is as warm, kind and empathetic as he is knowledgeable. He made special efforts to check in with me and my husband, individually- to see how we are doing. He knows the importance and sacrifice couples make to have their children, and is so sensitive to that fact. I have never felt like a "number/patient" always a friend. He is a kind and Christlike man, who will be your greatest ally through your infertility journey.
2014 - 2017
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is wonderful. Ask as many questions as you want/need. He will answer them, and re-answer them. He knows how overwhelming this process can be
From the moment I met Dr. Petterson, it was as if we had known eachother forever. He not only treats me like his only patient, but a dear friend. Through this long and sometimes painful process, it can be so overwhelming and stressful. He will hold my hand say "if you were my daughter"... or just hold my hand while I cry. He is brilliant, I more than trust him with this delicate and special endeavor, of helping my husband and I become parents, I depend on him. He calls after clinical hours, to check in me physically and emotionally. He is a life long friend, and a blessing in our lives.
Ever since the beginning, we have yet to find a "problem" with me or my husband. Not for a lake of testing Given the fact that we are both healthy, with what we can foresee, no issues... Dr. Petterson started me on a birth control, to regulate my cycle. Once it came time I started Gonal-F and menopur. We chose to do a frozen cycle, once time came to implant our frozen embryo, we then began progesterone shots. Dr. Peterson chose a normal dose and schedule for what my "case" was. His approach is, not to throw anything and everything, with hopes of a positive result. He, along with the board of Dr's in the clinic, study my case and decide what route is best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee Charie )
Our sweet nurse was the perfect partner to Dr. Peterson. She was so warm, and so supportive. If I had questions, which I did. She was so quick to respond. She was everything I could have hoped for in a nurse through this process
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic was so professionally ran. The staff were all sweet, Empathetic and proficient.
14k-18k
Dr. Petterson believes the most important thing, is a positive, successful pregnancy. For the baby and mother. He always recommends one embryo transfer at a time, and shows data and fact in the differences with single and multiple pregnancies. Risk Factor. However, he knows this is a personal decision, and allows his patients to make the decision based on one embryo or two. He wants you to know all the facts, so you can make the best decision.
SLC
He [Dr. Matthew Peterson] is very intelligent, and has a fair/good bedside manner. Unfortunately, he wasn't involved enough in my monitoring (compared to previous IVF doc); techs & nurses did everything after the initial consultation until the retrieval. I was disappointed, and didn't FEEL like he was involved enough (although he said he reviewed every lab & Ultrasound). In fairness, at the completion of the failed IVF Cycle I told him how I felt, and he said he could be more involved in future cycles. One final dissatisfaction: he says things about financial matters and then the clinic business office contradicts him. Very frustrating.
European, Other
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is very intelligent, and has a fair/good bedside manner. Unfortunately, he wasn't involved enough in my monitoring (compared to previous IVF doc); techs & nurses did everything after the initial consultation until the retrieval. I was disappointed, and didn't FEEL like he was involved enough (although he said he reviewed every lab & Ultrasound). In fairness, at the completion of the failed IVF Cycle I told him how I felt, and he said he could be more involved in future cycles. One final dissatisfaction: he says things about financial matters and then the clinic business office contradicts him. Very frustrating.
Tell him that you want HIM to do your monitoring ultrasounds himself...not the techs.
I felt (whether actual or perceived, I don't know) like he was judging (very discretely) my status as a single mom, and possibly, again very subtly, my non-membership in the dominant faith in Utah).
Supplements: Pregnitude, L-Arginine, Baby Aspirin, DHEA, COENZYME Q 10, Melatonin, Serovital. Meds: Clomid, Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal F, and Pregnyl trigger.
Lee Cherie Booth is amazing. End of story. The rest of the nursing staff seems so-so compared to a few years ago. Too many techs, not enough time with the Doc.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Strength: local, easy to contact, prompt, good communication via My chart (email). Weaknesses: inconsistencies between what doc says & business office in regard to financial matters. And as I keep saying, too much time spent with techs & nurses, not enough time with Docs, especially for the significant out of pocket expenses.
Roughly $19,000 -20,000 for IVF cycle (egg retrieval), meds, and genetic screen. Another $4-500 for FET & meds.
SLC
He [Dr. Peterson] can be kind of blunt and to the point, which is something my husband and I like about him, but he can also be very compassionate and warm...He is good at making feel at ease whenever we are around him. He is very candid about the science side of things, but will also give his opinion or view...they work as a team of doctors so it isn’t always the easiest to see him.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
The one thing I don’t love about going to Dr. Peterson is that they work as a team of doctors so it isn’t always the easiest to see him. We want him to do our frozen transfer this next time and will have to wait four months for him to do it. It also took us four months to get in for a consultation. So, it going to take us eight months from when we first reached out to the doctors office. They are really really busy there, but it is worth it to wait for us because we want to be working with him. We like him and feel most comfortable with him.
He can be kind of blunt and to the point, which is something my husband and I like about him, but he can also be very compassionate and warm. So, if you don’t want some bluntness, and only want warm fuzzies, maybe he isn’t the doctor for you. You also need to be willing to wait a little longer for treatments or be willing to see another doctor on the team.
He is good at making feel at ease whenever we are around him. He is very candid about the science side of things, but will also give his opinion or view:
I did 2 retrievals and 3 transfers and that was a couple of years ago so I honestly couldn’t tell you specifics, especially since 1 was a frozen transfer so the protocol was different. I took Menopur, Gonal-F, and Cetrotide. The upped all of these and added HGH on my second retrieval. I also did the progesterone each time. I also get on a birth control for the month before injections each time.
I really like all of the nurses that I have been in contact with. They are all knowledgeable and kind.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I would say that scheduling is definitely the most frustrating thing for me with the clinic. I also don’t love that there isn’t really any care given once you have finished the cycle. I like the care throughout the process though.
It was about $15,000 with meds for our first round. It was about $20,000 with meds for our second. That was a 3 cycle guarantee one so we just paid for meds for our third. We are going to do another frozen transfer and that will be around $4,000 with meds.
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
He remembered details about us and our lives. He would ask us how things in our lives outside of fertility were going. He really got to know a little more about us.... We never got the results we wanted from seeing Doctor Peterson, never had a healthy pregnancy or delivered a baby. However we had a very positive and encouraging experience. He was kind and caring. He went out of his way to do all he could for us.
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
If you don’t understand what he is explaining to you, just ask and he’ll find a way to make sure you understand. He is brilliant and knows so much that I had to remind him that I didn’t always know the basics. We loved working with him.
We did our first round of IVF with a pretty standard protocol because all testing results pointing to that. I hyper stimulated and had to have a freeze all cycle at the last minute. He was fabulous about my after care. We then did a frozen transfer of 2 embryos which yielded what appeared to be a twin pregnancy. It ended with a miscarriage which again, he handled our aftercare greatly and encouraged us to do another round. We did another fresh cycle, antagonist cycle with HGH. It looked to work well and we transferred an embryo that looked like it should work. Unfortunately it did not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee-Sheri)
She was kind and easy to get in touch with or talk to. I felt that my husband and I were rare cases but we spoke with our Dr more than we did nurses.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
He clinic was fine for me. It is a teaching hospital/clinic so students are around often. If someone is uncomfortable with a student assisting or watching you had to let them know. Also, there is a large team of doctors so you will likely see all different doctors if you don’t make it clear that you want to see the same one every time.
We spent (including medications) between $12,000-$16,000 for each round of IVF. It was around $3,000 for the frozen cycle. We wanted to do a cycle guarantee but were denied.
He seemed to prefer single embryo transfers but gave us all the information we needed to make a proper decision. He supported us when we chose to transfer 2 embryos, and I know he would not have let us make a decision that was not healthy. I knew he’d make sure we couldn’t make a bad decision.
2006 - 2012
10 IUI, 6 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Peterson] is smart and thorough. He is not warm fuzzy and talks a lot about statistics and "take home baby rate". I appreciate direct numbers and statistics, but I often felt like we weren't talking about something that was real for us and trying to produce an actual baby for us. On the other hand we had 3 unsuccessful IVF attempts before the 4th one worked. On a couple of the unsuccessful ones, he personally called us and expressed his sympathy.
2006 - 2012
10 IUI, 6 IVF, Egg Freezing (cancer), Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is smart and thorough. He is not warm fuzzy and talks a lot about statistics and "take home baby rate". I appreciate direct numbers and statistics, but I often felt like we weren't talking about something that was real for us and trying to produce an actual baby for us. On the other hand we had 3 unsuccessful IVF attempts before the 4th one worked. On a couple of the unsuccessful ones, he personally called us and expressed his sympathy. In that case he was very warm and loving. I would trust him and go to him again, but he is very statistic oriented.
Don't expect to have a warm experience but expect a good experience
The clinic is very busy. You don't necessarily see the same doctor every time. You can't expect that they remember everything that is going on with you. I had to review it alot.
This was 10 year ago, so I know things have changed since then. They were not big on forcing the blastocyst then and so I think we transferred our embryos earlier that we could have.
Good at each part of administering items. Some instructions on meds an shots were not clear Very helpful in the office. Did not always follow up on my individual needs after we were out of the office.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Professional, well run, but too big to always keep track of what I needed. It is very nice to have everything there and not have to get parts done anywhere else. Within the clinic, I was a number. I went to a smaller clinic after this and liked the feel a lot better.
I don't remember the details (we have done IVF 6 times)... $10,00-15,000.
He is very big on transferring as few embryos as you are comfortable with. He is not big on multiples.
2005 - 2012
He [Dr. Peterson] is very personal, & has a good bedside manner. He knows what he is doing & I trust him. I started under his care & was put on rotations but because of him I now have 7 children. He is an excellent doctor & I would recommend him to anyone. I have recommended him to several people who have gone through this same struggle as I have & have felt like they didn’t know where to go. Matthew is the answer & the right doctor for anyone. He is the best & I'm so grateful for him.
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is very personal, & has a good bedside manner. He knows what he is doing & I trust him. I started under his care & was put on rotations but because of him I now have 7 children. He is an excellent doctor & I would recommend him to anyone. I have recommended him to several people who have gone through this same struggle as I have & have felt like they didn’t know where to go. Matthew is the answer & the right doctor for anyone. He is the best & I'm so grateful for him.
Trust his decisions & respect what he is doing. He knows what is best for you.
Very personal, he wanted to get to know me & my husband & help us solve why we were not able to get pregnant
(This was a long time ago)I used lupron, shots under my belly button, follistim, shots around my belly button, & then the “peanut butter” shot in the muscle part of my bottom (HCG?) pregnancy with 4 fresh cycles, one frozen cycle did not work
They were confidential in bringing you into private offices & talking to you about your own specific plan & dates & what to expect & when to come back & if you had any questions. They always seemed happy, knew you by name & still to this day do.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
When I first started going to the U it was all in the maternity unit. It’s all in its own private department now, all confidential, run smoothly & they care so much about you & your outcome. It’s the best place you would ever want to be.
I don’t remember each component. I just know that it’s expensive & it’s worth it & I would do it all over again!
Matthew felt that I needed to transfer 3 embryos my first try because my chances of getting pregnant were very low. Even after the embryos took my percentages were low resulting in a miscarriage but later found out I was actually pregnant with twins!
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Peterson] first started with my thyroid levels and wanted to get that more regular then he started with metformin to help with blood sugar as well as weight management he was honest about loosing weight but never made me feel dumb or embarrassed he made sure I knew what medicines would do whag... He is so nice and genuinely interested in your life he asks about our daughter wants to see pictures always willing to listen to any concerns
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He first came in asked about us, hobbies, kids family goals and was interested in it all explained what would be best honest and just so sweet he made sure you understood what he meant and what he was saying
Honestly schedule now!! He’s so good and gets booked up I regret not going sooner he really is the best my husband even loved him!
He first started with my thyroid levels and wanted to get that more regular then he started with metformin to help with blood sugar as well as weight management he was honest about loosing weight but never made me feel dumb or embarrassed he made sure I knew what medicines would do whag
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah is a dream! She is out going and makes sure you feel important and will explain things over and over if you need them never felt rushed
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I think their great! When you check in their friendly they have a sysytem down for everything even if your just getting an ultrasound they make sure your comfortable even the tech Evelyn is so sweet and personable I don’t feel I have ever waited more than five minutes they get you in fast
He made sure to utilize my insurance as much as possible so far I’ve only had to pay about 300 which is still a lot but he tries to make sure it’ll work
SLC
Such a great doctor. He [Dr. Peterson] cares and really knows so much about infertility. He always has a plan for each and every patient. I feel his staff are up to date with infertility treatments. As a patient I trust him to help us get pregnant.... We did 3 IUI each with Femara (fertility drug similar to clomid). Days 14-17 of cycle I would go in for ultrasounds. Once my egg(s) were ready we would do a trigger shot to force me ovaries to release an egg(s) then would follow that with an IUI 36 hours later.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Such a great doctor. He cares and really knows so much about infertility. He always has a plan for each and every patient. I feel his staff are up to date with infertility treatments. As a patient I trust him to help us get pregnant.
Don’t be afraid to Ask questions! You will love him and his team.
Love their clinic. They nurses are nice and care about you. They answer any questions you have. Once you leave they continue to communicate with you, which i love!
We did 3 IUI each with Femara (fertility drug similar to clomid). Days 14-17 of cycle I would go in for ultrasounds. Once my egg(s) were ready we would do a trigger shot to force me ovaries to release an egg(s) then would follow that with an IUI 36 hours later. Out of the 3 Rounds of IUI with Dr. Petersen we had 3 failed IUI’s.
Great nurses! They truly care about your journey in getting you pregnant. Communication is excellent. Even after your appointment they are great to reach out to you with test results and answer any questions you may have for them!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They are organized and are almost always on schedule. Never had to wait more than 5minutes. They are very friendly. They never make you feel like you are an inconvenience to them. They seem to have it all together, Love them!
Each IUI was $600. They billed my insurance which surprisingly helped out a little, mostly with the ultrasound part of the procedure. Everything else was out of pocket for us.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Peterson did a wonderful job of explaining to me why a single embryo transfer was the best choice for our family. He was respect full but firm about what research showed. I felt like I was in the hands of the most responsible for fertility specialist out there.... Dr. Peterson learned about my family and my story. He always valued my intelligence and was clear about his opinion for best treatment.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is more conservative than a lot of specialist in the area, but he knows his stuff and you should listen to the advice he gives you.
He felt very strongly that we should do a single embryo transfer even though we had done a two embryo transfer in the past. He wanted to do a test transfer, which I wasn’t thrilled about. An endometrial scratch is supposed to be very painful, but it was nearly painless because he is so good at what he does.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah.
The staff there is good, but they are very busy. I sometimes feel a little bit like a number.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They are very professional and research oriented, but not as warm as other clinics I have worked with. Sometimes the nurses communication style with a little bit terse for me. I felt as if they didn’t have a lot of time to answer my questions. There wasn’t a lot of personal connection with them.
The frozen embryo transfer was about $3500
Already stated.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
After all of our failed attempts I was discouraged and angry, the first question Dr. peterson asked me after our last failed attempt was how I was doing emotionally. He was concerned how I was handling everything... He was kind and I felt like he treated me the way he would treat one of his own family. My husband and I always felt welcome and never felt uncomfortable. He was the great balance of professional and personable.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
I loved Dr. Peterson. He was kind and I felt like he treated me the way he would treat one of his own family. My husband and I always felt welcome and never felt uncomfortable. He was the great balance of professional and personable.
He is like your dad. He will take care of you and treat you with respect and kindness. This is a hard thing to go through.
After all of our failed attempts I was discouraged and angry, the first question Dr. peterson asked me after our last failed attempt was how I was doing emotionally. He was concerned how I was handling everything. He wasnt concerned about $$ he was concerned about me. I appreciate that.
Everyone I had come in contact with was kind and patient and very sincere in hoping for a positive and hoped for outcome.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Its and older clinic but I always felt it was clean and professional. The center on campus was a little harder to find but once I found it it was no problem. The staff was always very kind and professional. The area where they did the sperm sample was a little slow but not bad.
hahah it was all expensive. But when we started nothing was covered by insurance. Now every now and then we get something covered. It is all still very expensive
He is more worried about my safety and the baby than about anything else
2012 - 2017
Dr. Peterson was very kind and sensitive to our needs. He was very personal and he truly listened to all of our worries and concerns. He answered all of our many questions in a professional and sensitive way... His many years of experience is evident. He knows just what to do and we felt 100% confident in his opinion. He also is a very kind person. He made us feel comfortable and calmed in such an emotional journey
2012 - 2017
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
My husband and I love Dr. Peterson! He is an expert in his field. His many years of experience is evident. He knows just what to do and we felt 100% confident in his opinion. He also is a very kind person. He made us feel comfortable and calmed in such an emotional journey. We love everything about him!
Take notes beforehand of any questions you may have, just like with any doctor. Dr. Peterson listened patiently and answered all of my worries.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie)
I loved our main nurse, Lee Cherie, and all of the nursing staff! They were so professional and kind. They took good care of me, as I developed a serious case of OHSS.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I loved the location. It is so easy to access and is a very clean facility. I loved the whole staff and all of the doctors that I interacted with. It is a fabulous clinic to work with and I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone!
I believe the IUIs were about $300 and the IVF (including everything needed) was around $25,00.
He was very good to inform us on the risks of transferring two.
SLC
He [Dr. Peterson] was so personable and sensitive while also being realistic. We loved him!... We felt he gave us great advice and handled our circumstances with care. He was very sympathetic and had great bedside manner. He listened to our feedback and made adjustments after we were all in agreement.... we tried hormone shots for retrieval and ended up canceling the cycle because we weren't getting the results we wanted. We then switched (perhaps eliminating the Lupron) to a different drug protocol and went forward with a retrieval and transfer.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Be certain to communicate all your questions and concerns.
He was so personable and sensitive while also being realistic. We loved him!
I don't remember the details but we tried hormone shots for retrieval and ended up canceling the cycle because we weren't getting the results we wanted. We then switched (perhaps eliminating the Lupron) to a different drug protocol and went forward with a retrieval and transfer.
Very friendly. Listened to my concerns.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
There was one physician who brought in an intern without asking my permission and used some language I found a bit offensive (open your legs like a frog...) likely this was exaggerated somewhat because of the hormone therapy! But it's still such a sensitive time. I talked to the nursing staff about it and they were sensitive and apologetic.
I believe the entire process including IVF with ICSI was about $11K
I don't recall a strong preference but certainly lots of cautions about transferring more than two embryos.
SLC
He [Dr. Peterson] was so personable. He never rushed you. He took time to discuss options and helped you make the best decision for you. He also comforted me when he had to give me some bad news.... I broke down and cried at one point because it is an emotional journey. He was so kind and compassionate. He remembered who we were and was so friendly and kind. He was very knowledable and I was 100% competent in his abilities.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
I wish I had started seeing him earlier in my fertility process. He truly was great and was excited to help us start a family.
He was so personable. He never rushed you. He took time to discuss options and helped you make the best decision for you. He also comforted me when he had to give me some bad news.
They were so sweet and sympathetic. Best nurses around.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
It was always clean and nice. There wasn’t always staff to greet you as you walked in but I didn’t mind that. They have many different offices to try to be more accessible to different areas. I loved that they had a pharmacy in house so you could get all the medications you needed.
My insurance covered like $1500 a year and so they used that money as wisely as possible. They also billed some things a certain way and my insurance paid some of it. They also were very upfront about what things would cost before they did them. I don’t recall the overall cost but to me it was worth it.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Peterson] always takes the time to answer my questions, he looks me in the eyes and I feel like he really cares... Even though I have not gotten pregnant under his care I always feel like he has our best interest at heart. He really wants us to get the pregnancy we desire and he has not given up. He answers our questions and takes the time with him that we need. He makes me feel like he truly cares about my care
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
To trust what he says
He always takes the time to answer my questions, he looks me in the eyes and I feel like he really cares
I feel like he was very upfront and knowledgeable and the care that he provided. He also is very knowledgeable about the medications and such that he prescribed for us.
They are friendly and nice and respond to emails quickly
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Sometimes you have to wait a little bit longer in the waiting room. But it is usually because there are other procedures going on. Overall, I feel very welcome and calm at the clinic. It is a very clean facility, but it is also smaller so you feel like more of a community. The waiting room as comfortable and everyone is very friendly.
$15000
SLC
He [Dr. Peterson] took the time to sit down with us, get to know us, give us all of our options, and made recommendations from there.... Very happy with all of my visits so far. He really knows what he is doing and we feel comfortable having him treat us. He has been very open about all of the options, costs, risks and possible outcomes. If we were ever questioning anything he recommended literature for us to read to learn more.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Book early. He is in high demand!
He took the time to sit down with us, get to know us, give us all of our options, and made recommendations from there.
IUI with SIS. Moving on to IVF
Always friendly and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Top quality clinic! I feel like they really know what they are doing and aren’t pushy! It has been hard to get appointments but that just shows me how many people trust them for treatments. The nurses call and email back within a day. I can be very paranoid and impatient and they were always very kind and patient with me whenever I had questions.
Fairly comparable to other clinics.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Dr. Peterson] Never made me feel rushed or like he was in a hurry...I did this from st George which is not his main office, he only comes down 1-2 times a month. He gave me his cell number and was always very kind / helpful / knowledgeable. I went to his main office 4 hours away for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer and he performed both...was very knowledgeable and explained things very well to us.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Great doctor! I did this from st George which is not his main office, he only comes down 1-2 times a month. He gave me his cell number and was always very kind / helpful / knowledgeable. I went to his main office 4 hours away for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer and he performed both.
Never made me feel rushed or like he was in a hurry.
They were good, but sometimes felt a lack of communication due to me being 4 hours away and not at their main office
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They were great. We felt very comfortable in their offices and Dr Peterson was very knowledgeable and explained things very well to us. I’m grateful he makes time to come to a 2nd location a couple of times a month so that I didn’t have to travel 4 hours for each visit and had great doctors he partnered with for the IUI’s when he wasn’t going to be in town
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University of Utah.
Efficient
The costs varied depending on medications needed. IUI’s I think we’re $500-$1500 each. The IVF was $10k plus he cost of medications
My doctor was against transferring more than one embryo, but left the decision up to my husband and I.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Peterson was always very kind and understanding. He answered all my questions, gave me his number so I could call him. I always felt confident in his care. He always presented all our options and risks. I will forever be grateful for his wisdom and care....the best of the best. We did try a different doctor there who is no longer with them, he did not compare to dr Peterson.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Go!
Dr Peterson always said we were family and have advice as he would if I was his daughter
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee Sherie)
Lee Sherie was amazing , I requested her because I was confident in her abilities. She was also so kind and sensitive .
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I really was pleased with our experience at the U of U clinic. Dr Peterson is the best of the best. We did try a different doctor there who is no longer with them, he did not compare to dr Peterson.
I’m not sure I think our fresh was near 12K. The frozen transfers were around $2500.
2011 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He was realistic yet optimistic. He was very kind and treated me like he remembered me and my family, even years later. I love Dr Peterson!...Dr Peterson is my miracle doctor. My fertility diagnosis wasn't good, yet he went forward with what I wanted- IVF using my own eggs. He also saved me and my twins when I had an emergency surgery at 8 weeks...Dr Peterson is the best and is the most knowledgeable with the most experience.
2011 - 2017
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Dr Peterson is my miracle doctor. My fertility diagnosis wasn't good, yet he went forward with what I wanted- IVF using my own eggs. He also saved me and my twins when I had an emergency surgery at 8 weeks. I love Dr Peterson!
Dr Peterson is the best and is the most knowledgeable with the most experience.
Higher doses of medications to stimulate egg growth
They were helpful and kind
15,000ish
I love my twins but I wish I had done an eSET the first time. The quality of my eggs were good and I was 26 years old. I had a complicated twin pregnancy and that was harder than infertility.