Nurse available by email
Doctor available by direct line
Medical SchoolU of Illinois College of Medicine
ResidencyWashington University - St Louis
FellowshipWashington University - Saint Louis
555 N. New Ballas Rd
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maureen "Moe" Schulte to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) to a friend?
2019 - 2020
I started IVF [with Dr. Schulte]...I only had one egg, so we canceled retrieval and I did the trigger shot and timed intercourse. No success...I know she prefers a single embryo transfer, I know that in my case if we’d been lucky enough to get two, she’d have done both, but normally she only does one...She took the time to get to know me personally. She treated more like a friend then a patient. She made it seem like we were really in this together...She was candid, yet comforting in advising me on my road to conceiving with and without the use of an egg donor. She spent as much time with me as I needed when any set backs occurred.
I think this clinic [SIRM] is absolutely wonderful and I’d highly recommend them. The only issue I faced was with the financial department. My insurance was covering some of it and it took a long time to get the amount, and then when we were finally told we needed to pay, it was immediate and we almost missed our cycle window because of the delay. It took like 2 weeks for insurance verification. Luckily we didn’t miss the window (not that it mattered), but it was added stress.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Maureen "Moe" Schulte at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
From the moment I met her she was warm and friendly. She treated me like a new friend and she was very open and honest about my course of treatment. She was candid, yet comforting in advising me on my road to conceiving with and without the use of an egg donor. She spent as much time with me as I needed when any set backs occurred.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maureen "Moe" Schulte at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Be ready to hear the good and the bad news because she’ll be open and honest about your possibilities. In theory we may want a doctor to tell us we’ll all get a baby, but we need the ones who are honest about how likely that really is.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maureen "Moe" Schulte at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the protocols Maureen "Moe" Schulte used in your cycles at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We did an ultrasound to see my egg quantity (3). I then started birth control. At my next cycle I started IVF drugs (Lupron, Gonal, & Menopur). I went in for a blood test and ultrasound the first week. It didn’t look great and we decided that if we were lucky enough we’d do a fresh vs frozen transfer since they wouldn’t have a lot to test. I continued the drugs for another week. Went back in for blood work and ultrasound. I only had one egg, so we canceled retrieval and I did the trigger shot and timed intercourse. No success. Covid-19 cancelled current treatments, but when we have the money our next step will be using an egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Merry Kay)
Merry Kay was wonderful, she always seemed happy to answer my questions and respond to my emails.
Describe your experience with SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
I think this clinic is absolutely wonderful and I’d highly recommend them. The only issue I faced was with the financial department. My insurance was covering some of it and it took a long time to get the amount, and then when we were finally told we needed to pay, it was immediate and we almost missed our cycle window because of the delay. It took like 2 weeks for insurance verification. Luckily we didn’t miss the window (not that it mattered), but it was added stress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maureen "Moe" Schulte at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
$3400 was my portion after insurance, $580 for anesthesia (didn’t use and still waiting for refund), plus additional copays for specialist office visits.
Describe Maureen "Moe" Schulte's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
Creve Coeur

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maureen "Moe" Schulte at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).

5 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
All I knew was that I had aggressive cancer and we had one shot to have a family genetically...Dr. Moe [Maureen Schulte] took on my case as if we were long-time friends or immediate family members. Absolutely every single interaction was heartfelt, honest and meaningful. During the 10-day hormone injection period, Dr. Moe sent daily text messages of encouragement, support and love. To be honest, I often felt like I was Dr. Moe’s only patient during our egg retrieval because she was genuinely concerned about our health journey. It was extremely obvious that our situation was just as important to her as it was to us. Dr. Moe called to inform us that we had genetically normal embryos waiting for us when I was cancer free. To be Dr. Moe’s first “rescue retrieval” was a gift.
Every single time I walked into the clinic [SIRM St Louis], I felt like the only patient. The level of compassion and care was obvious and much needed...Knowledgeable. Compassionate. Caring. Loving. Having been recently diagnosed with cancer, the team of healthcare professionals at SIRM made me feel like having a family was not a dream but a reality someday post cancer. They provided me with a level of confidence I lost after I was diagnosed. Every interaction was positive and refreshing... Although booked solid, Andrea opened Dr. Maureen Schulte’s schedule for us to arrive the next day as a “rescue retrieval” case. We drove there in silence. The fear was palpable. We needed a win, however small, that day. Insert Dr. Moe. I arrived at SIRM with little to no hope. I did not understand the
5 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
The entire staff at SIRM was a complete Godsend for my husband and I in 2019. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer at the age of 31. Just 48 hours before, I had been playing with my wiggly and growing nephews with the desire to be a mom. Before my diagnosis, I thought our pregnancy journey would begin just a few months later in summer 2019. Our “normal” life was stripped from us. We met with my radiation oncologist, oncologist and surgeon. For the first time in my life, I felt extremely hopeless when we were informed that I would very likely become infertile from radiation and chemotherapy. Our only option was invitro fertilization (IVF) and then surrogacy. Seeing that I had almost a complete obstruction in my rectum, my healthcare team was hesitant to allow fertility treatment to proceed. However, given my age and my current childless state, I was given the green light with specific instructions that I had three weeks to undergo IVF and then cancer treatment started. Following referral from a close friend, I contacted SIRM the next day. I felt battered, beaten down and extremely fragile. In all honestly, I had an extremely negative attitude and felt powerless to my situation. Andrea McClain answered the phone. From the first interaction, we felt relief. Although booked solid, Andrea opened Dr. Maureen Schulte’s schedule for us to arrive the next day as a “rescue retrieval” case. We drove there in silence. The fear was palpable. We needed a win, however small, that day. Insert Dr. Moe. I arrived at SIRM with little to no hope. I did not understand the IVF process. I had no idea if I was fertile. All I knew was that I had aggressive cancer and we had one shot to have a family genetically. Five hours later, I left SIRM rejuvenated with hope and encouragement that I was being taken care of by the best doctors before cancer treatment started. Dr. Moe took on my case as if we were long-time friends or immediate family members. Absolutely every single interaction was heartfelt, honest and meaningful. During the 10-day hormone injection period, Dr. Moe sent daily text messages of encouragement, support and love. To be honest, I often felt like I was Dr. Moe’s only patient during our egg retrieval because she was genuinely concerned about our health journey. It was extremely obvious that our situation was just as important to her as it was to us. Dr. Moe called to inform us that we had genetically normal embryos waiting for us when I was cancer free. To be Dr. Moe’s first “rescue retrieval” was a gift. When I had little hope and the possibility of having a family felt like it was slipping away, I received encouragement, love and tons of hugs from every single member of the SIRM family. Every individual, from the front desk, to lab technicians, to our administrative gurus and Dr. Moe, made our world seem a little less scary. When I wanted to quit during my six months of chemotherapy, our future family kept me going more times than I can count. We dreamt of our family more in the last six months than ever before. That dream will one day become a reality because of Dr. Moe and her talented team. Dr. Moe is living her calling in life. It is insanely obvious that she fully invests in her patients through her witty and adorable bedside manner, personal touch and follow-up interactions. As a past patient and cancer survivor, I highly recommend SIRM for all your fertility needs. Make the right choice. Choose SIRM today.
Do not be intimidated by the process. You are with the best. She will make you feel taken cared of and do everything in her power to help you start your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St. Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: MerryKay Montgomery)
Every single time I walked into the clinic, I felt like the only patient. The level of compassion and care was obvious and much needed.
Roughly $5,000 for certain medications and genetic testing. My insurance covered the rest of the costs.