Medical SchoolTehran U.
3200 Kearney Street
Fremont, CA 94538
2581 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Max Ezzati to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Palo Alto Medical Foundation to a friend?
2017 - 2019
We have always felt that we were in very good hands [with Dr. Ezzati], understood our treatment plans ,and were able to ask questions...He is in different offices on different days, so be prepared to be flexible if you need to see him on a certain day...He gave us a very good explanation of PGS and ICSI, and ultimately we decided to do both. Our daughter was born the next year after an FET, and we are now preparing for our third FET (our second - last month - was not successful).
2017 - 2019
Investor
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Ezzati is warm and capable, and we've been very happy with him. We haven't always been able to see him, but the clinic tries hard to schedule me with him as often as possible, and always for surgical procedures. He usually does not respond to emails personally, but his nurses respond from his account quickly and satisfactorily. He is clearly invested in our success without crossing any boundaries or making any promises (he has always been very professional). We have always felt that we were in very good hands, understood our treatment plans ,and were able to ask questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is in different offices on different days, so be prepared to be flexible if you need to see him on a certain day (you may need to drive to an office farther away from you) or in a certain location (you may need to wait a week or two for an appointment).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Doctor Ezzati's clinic is efficient and I often saw different physicians, but it meant that appointments were easy to schedule and moved quickly. I don't mind feeling "like a number" in exchange for efficient service and clear instructions. Our consultations with Dr. Ezzati were personal and valuable, and didn't feel rushed. He remembers our daughter's name and age when we see him now (trying for our second child), and is reassuring and available for questions.
Describe the protocols Max Ezzati used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
We did a stimulation and egg retrieval in 2016. I don't remember the details of the protocol, but I do remember that he introduced a growth hormone partway through that helped a number of additional follicles develop. He noted that if we ever did another stimulation, he would include this from the start. He gave us a very good explanation of PGS and ICSI, and ultimately we decided to do both. Our daughter was born the next year after an FET, and we are now preparing for our third FET (our second - last month - was not successful).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Justine Lawas)
Justine is reliable (she always calls when she says she will), clear (our medication schedule is easy to understand and she spends time reviewing it with us), and efficient. She isn't particularly warm or compassionate, but I haven't minded that.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
The number of locations is both a strength and a weakness - they provide flexibility, but if one location is preferred (as it was for us), the number of available appointments are limited. The on-site labs are convenient and I never had to wait long for blood work. The Fremont office is co-located with an OB/GYN office, and it can be difficult sitting in a waiting room with pregnant women, so I tended to avoid scheduling appointments at that office. Front desk staff are all nice and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
$4500 for FET $20000 for IVF stimulation, retrieval, ICSI, and PGS Medications additional
Describe Max Ezzati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Our doctor's preference - and ours - was to transfer a single embryo, given that we had undiagnosed infertility, and had never experienced any pregnancy loss or complications.
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
San Jose

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

2 IUI, IVF
He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. ... Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf ... He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
European, East Asian
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
From our first meeting with Dr Ezzati, we felt confident that we picked the right doctor. He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. It feels great to know what’s going on through every phase of treatment instead of going in blind.
Don’t be afraid to ask Dr Ezzati your questions. He is more than happy to explain things to you and give you the time you need and deserve.
Dr. Ezzati took the time to explain everything to me and always recommend his expert opinion, but still took the time to listen to our thoughts and opinions. He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
I’ve tried two cycles of clomid with my obgyn (which were unsuccessful) before I started seeing Dr Ezzati. Dr Ezzati wanted to track my baseline measures with clomid and iui before adding any other medications. We used 100 mg of clomid days 3-7, which produced two dominant follicles, but the iui was unsuccessful. The second cycle he added gonal-f injections in addition to the clomid and made sure to track my progress. Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf, which after explaining the risks and benefits, he agreed to if we were ready. I am currently in the middle of my ivf cycle and am happy with the care that I am receiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garrett )
The entire staff is caring, kind, and discreet. I have not encountered any rude staff members. They all provide great care for their patients.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
This clinic has staff working everyday of the week to accommodate all cycles and timing of procedures and appointments. It was easy to get an appointment with an iui coordinator, but took a little bit longer to get an appointment with the ivf coordinator (~3 weeks). I am also an inpatient person, so that may not be long in other people’s opinion.
I do not remember
Dr Ezzati and the other PAMF Doctors are all about single embryo transfers and making a single healthy baby. He understands that there are increased risk with multiples, which could be a danger to both mom and the babies, and does not want to take any risks. There are exceptions including age that might change that, but generally they seem to aim for one healthy baby at a time.
San Jose

He was very clinical not very warm and friendly. I again felt that my age and having previous children put me in a different category and wasn’t given the attention. I felt that it was a waste of his time to get through the appointment...he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor....I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
European, Other
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Be patient and understand that he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor.
I walked away with the feeling that my age and the fact that I had two children prior put me in the back of the line for treatment.
I don’t really remember any of the specific protocols. But I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
They were super friendly and awesome. I felt they had my feelings in mind while going through all this. Although I was told by one that I wasn’t committed enough to trying to have another child.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very clean. Quiet and easy to manuever. Location was prime for me. I have to travel 45 minutes and it’s right off the freeway. Paperwork was easy to fill out and follow. Haven’t come across any weaknesses yet.
I have had $3,000 in expenses so far.