Medical SchoolTehran U.
Fremont, CA 94538
800-597-2234
2581 Samaritan Dr.
San Jose, CA 95124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Max Ezzati to a friend?

5.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Palo Alto Medical Foundation to a friend?
2017 - 2019
We have always felt that we were in very good hands [with Dr. Ezzati], understood our treatment plans ,and were able to ask questions...He is in different offices on different days, so be prepared to be flexible if you need to see him on a certain day...He gave us a very good explanation of PGS and ICSI, and ultimately we decided to do both. Our daughter was born the next year after an FET, and we are now preparing for our third FET (our second - last month - was not successful).
$4500 for FET $20000 for IVF stimulation, retrieval, ICSI, and PGS Medications additional [at Palo Alto Medical Foundation]...The number of locations is both a strength and a weakness - they provide flexibility, but if one location is preferred (as it was for us), the number of available appointments are limited. The on-site labs are convenient and I never had to wait long for blood work. The Fremont office is co-located with an OB/GYN office, and it can be difficult sitting in a waiting room with pregnant women, so I tended to avoid scheduling appointments at that office. Front desk staff are all nice and helpful.
2017 - 2019
Investor
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Ezzati is warm and capable, and we've been very happy with him. We haven't always been able to see him, but the clinic tries hard to schedule me with him as often as possible, and always for surgical procedures. He usually does not respond to emails personally, but his nurses respond from his account quickly and satisfactorily. He is clearly invested in our success without crossing any boundaries or making any promises (he has always been very professional). We have always felt that we were in very good hands, understood our treatment plans ,and were able to ask questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is in different offices on different days, so be prepared to be flexible if you need to see him on a certain day (you may need to drive to an office farther away from you) or in a certain location (you may need to wait a week or two for an appointment).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Doctor Ezzati's clinic is efficient and I often saw different physicians, but it meant that appointments were easy to schedule and moved quickly. I don't mind feeling "like a number" in exchange for efficient service and clear instructions. Our consultations with Dr. Ezzati were personal and valuable, and didn't feel rushed. He remembers our daughter's name and age when we see him now (trying for our second child), and is reassuring and available for questions.
Describe the protocols Max Ezzati used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
We did a stimulation and egg retrieval in 2016. I don't remember the details of the protocol, but I do remember that he introduced a growth hormone partway through that helped a number of additional follicles develop. He noted that if we ever did another stimulation, he would include this from the start. He gave us a very good explanation of PGS and ICSI, and ultimately we decided to do both. Our daughter was born the next year after an FET, and we are now preparing for our third FET (our second - last month - was not successful).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Justine Lawas)
Justine is reliable (she always calls when she says she will), clear (our medication schedule is easy to understand and she spends time reviewing it with us), and efficient. She isn't particularly warm or compassionate, but I haven't minded that.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe Max Ezzati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Our doctor's preference - and ours - was to transfer a single embryo, given that we had undiagnosed infertility, and had never experienced any pregnancy loss or complications.
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Neither were huge problems: During a recent cycle, there was a discrepancy in my medication schedule on two different documents (which day to drop from 6mg of Estrace to 2mg). I wrote to my coordinator - on a weekend - and she wrote back to clarify within two hours. We did back-to-back FETs and needed to reorder some medications for the second cycle, but others we had leftover from the first. It wasn't clear to us when these would be called in for us to pick-up, and when we went to the pharmacy, the order hadn't been placed and we had to wait.
San Jose

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

2018 - 2020
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Max Ezzati] explains odds and use analogies and visuals to explain things better. I never felt rushed during our appointments...He has been curious about us and kept in touch even now 7+ month pregnant. He has gone out of his way to accommodate us when treatments were not going right but ovulation was happening. Helping with a unscheduled ultrasound and guidance for timing...after a couple of miscarriages we got two successful IVFs with genetic testing. 1xday5 embryo and came back genetically good but turned into a chemical pregnancy and the other one with 4xday5 embryos (2 bad dna, 1 good and 1 inconvlusive). I’m pregnant (7+mo) with the good e
[The nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation is] very attentive and responsive. Really cares for us. Really knowledgeable and organized!!...The whole staff at this clinic is great. Never waited too long in the waiting room. Love that the lab is right there! Gentle phlebotomists. Easy parking. It is great the the clinic is working with a app/system where you can ask question, see lab results, book appointments... so easy to use and save so much time. The main strength of the clinic is it’s people : all doctors, nurses and staffs are caring and attentive.
2018 - 2020
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
From our first appointment dr Ezzati was very good at explaining fertility and the process. He was very patient and easy to understand and follow. He explains odds and use analogies and visuals to explain things better. I never felt rushed during our appointments. He was genuinely happy and sad with us throughout the va process. He has been curious about us and kept in touch even now 7+ month pregnant. He has gone out of his way to accommodate us when treatments were not going right but ovulation was happening. Helping with a unscheduled ultrasound and guidance for timing.
Ask questions and mention your fears and worries to Dr Ezzati. The will be able to explains things to you to keep your optimism up.
It really shows that Dr Ezzati care A LOT! Always felt like he has time for us and our questions. Never felt rushed during our visits. He was on the same roller coaster than us with the ups and downs of fertility treatments. Always trying to accommodate us and remove any stress factors.
I don’t remember all protocols. I know with the first IVF treatment some eggs were growing too fast and about to ovulate so it got switched into an IUI. Dr Ezzati then changed the treatment so I do stimulate my eggs too fast. This resulted in 5 5-day embryos with 2 fresh transfer and 3 frozen embryos. Unfortunately this pregnancy didn’t work out. Because of timing we got another IVF turned into IUI and we also got an impromptu IUI because I was ovulating at the right time... after a couple of miscarriages we got two successful IVFs with genetic testing. 1xday5 embryo and came back genetically good but turned into a chemical pregnancy and the other one with 4xday5 embryos (2 bad dna, 1 good and 1 inconvlusive). I’m pregnant (7+mo) with the good embryo now. Things are a bit blurry with all the treatments and ups and downs now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garrett)
Very attentive and responsive. Really cares for us. Really knowledgeable and organized!!
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Don’t know, insurance covered most of it. Used HSA for drugs but can’t really remember the cost. Genetic was expensive too but can’t remember the final cost.
Dr Ezzati talked to us about the benefits and risks of multiple transfers. Our first IVF we transfer 2 (untested). I always felt confident with the proposed transfer.

2 IUI, IVF
He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. ... Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf ... He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
This clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] has staff working everyday of the week to accommodate all cycles and timing of procedures and appointments. It was easy to get an appointment with an iui coordinator, but took a little bit longer to get an appointment with the ivf coordinator (~3 weeks). ... The entire staff is caring, kind, and discreet. I have not encountered any rude staff members. They all provide great care for their patients.
European, East Asian
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
From our first meeting with Dr Ezzati, we felt confident that we picked the right doctor. He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. It feels great to know what’s going on through every phase of treatment instead of going in blind.
Don’t be afraid to ask Dr Ezzati your questions. He is more than happy to explain things to you and give you the time you need and deserve.
Dr. Ezzati took the time to explain everything to me and always recommend his expert opinion, but still took the time to listen to our thoughts and opinions. He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
I’ve tried two cycles of clomid with my obgyn (which were unsuccessful) before I started seeing Dr Ezzati. Dr Ezzati wanted to track my baseline measures with clomid and iui before adding any other medications. We used 100 mg of clomid days 3-7, which produced two dominant follicles, but the iui was unsuccessful. The second cycle he added gonal-f injections in addition to the clomid and made sure to track my progress. Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf, which after explaining the risks and benefits, he agreed to if we were ready. I am currently in the middle of my ivf cycle and am happy with the care that I am receiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garrett )
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
This clinic has staff working everyday of the week to accommodate all cycles and timing of procedures and appointments. It was easy to get an appointment with an iui coordinator, but took a little bit longer to get an appointment with the ivf coordinator (~3 weeks). I am also an inpatient person, so that may not be long in other people’s opinion.
I do not remember
Dr Ezzati and the other PAMF Doctors are all about single embryo transfers and making a single healthy baby. He understands that there are increased risk with multiples, which could be a danger to both mom and the babies, and does not want to take any risks. There are exceptions including age that might change that, but generally they seem to aim for one healthy baby at a time.

2019 - 2020
We used estrace priming protocol [with Dr. Max Ezzati] due to low ovarian reserve. We did a 3 day transfer...I will be trying donor eggs moving forward. I was monitored heavily to see if follicles where ready for egg retrieval. 3 of the six eggs retrieved where immature and 3 were fertilized. Only 2 fertilized correctly...He was very clear on his expectations and spent a lot of time explaining everything to me so that I felt confident in what I was doing
This clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] was wonderful. From the front desk to the lab people, they get to know you and are on your side...Everyone was very kind and welcoming. My chances of success was so low it was hard to face everyone. They maintained their support...$10,000 without meds...We used estrace priming protocol due to low ovarian reserve. We did a 3 day transfer....I will be trying donor eggs moving forward. I was monitored heavily to see if follicles where ready for egg retrieval. 3 of the six eggs retrieved where immature and 3 were fertilized. Only 2 fertilized correctly..
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is intelligent and sincerely wants to help me with my end result. Sometimes I didnt want to hear what he was saying; he was caring and compassionate and kind. This was reassuring. If I had questions he was patient and took the time to listen to me. I was very appreciative!
He is honest and direct yet kind and supportive. Listen and ask question even if you feel the questions will are a repeat of what was discussed earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Relationships are formed and I think that is very important when going through something that is so emotional like this. It's a journey and we need positivity and support. This clinic was wonderful. From the front desk to the lab people, they get to know you and are on your side
$10,000 without meds

2020
Dr. Ezatti truly took the time to walk through the whole IVF process and it was clear how important it is to him that his patients understand each step of the way...We’ve only gone through consultation and baseline testing with Dr. Ezatti but he has done a great job explaining every step of the process, thoroughly reviewing our test results, and setting expectations and timelines for next steps...Would highly recommend him. He is caring and compassionate and wants to do everything to ensure treatment works for you.
The clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] seems to be efficient and usually on-time. We have had some issue where they scheduled us for two appointments in one day to reduce the number of times we would have to take off work (we live over an hour away) and then cancelled one the day before because we had not completed all the prerequisites needed for that specific appointment. This seemed to be an honest mistake as they always do what they can to accommodate us.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
She was running behind one day that we were there but apologized profusely and it was obvious how much she cared. She was thorough in reviewing steps and protocols.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
The clinic seems to be efficient and usually on-time. We have had some issue where they scheduled us for two appointments in one day to reduce the number of times we would have to take off work (we live over an hour away) and then cancelled one the day before because we had not completed all the prerequisites needed for that specific appointment. This seemed to be an honest mistake as they always do what they can to accommodate us.
~$25k for IVF with PGT
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Scheduling issue where appointment was cancelled two days prior due to us not having completed prerequisites we were not aware of

2020
Dr. Ezzati was excellent, very thorough and kind.He explained everything and was realistic and optimistic at the same time. He answered all my questions. He put me at ease and made me feel comfortable...I am still in the IVF process using frozen eggs. We discussed the reality and cost of doing another IVF round with my own eggs but ultimately the donor eggs are a better fit for me. Right now everything is on hold due to Covid 19 but once things reopen we'll proceed to the embryo implantation step.
[My nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation] is absolutely wonderful and very experienced...This is a great clinic in comparison to the others nearby. Particularly because there is more than one doctor to choose from and the team is well staffed and educated. The wait time is small and everyone shows you respect and dignity...This doctor [Dr. Ezzati] performed a saline ultra sound on me and was so gentle, explaining everything. I had a terrible experience with HSG test before a d he made sure I did not have pain for this procedure. His assistant was also very good.
European, Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I would recommend seeing him. He's a good doctor.
This doctor performed a saline ultra sound on me and was so gentle, explaining everything. I had a terrible experience with HSG test before a d he made sure I did not have pain for this procedure. His assistant was also very good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Amy Solis)
Any is absolutely wonderful and very experienced.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
16,000 for frozen eggs , 13,000 IVF treatment without insurance.
San Jose

He was very clinical not very warm and friendly. I again felt that my age and having previous children put me in a different category and wasn’t given the attention. I felt that it was a waste of his time to get through the appointment...he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor....I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
[PAMF] Very clean. Quiet and easy to manuever. Location was prime for me. I have to travel 45 minutes and it’s right off the freeway. Paperwork was easy to fill out and follow. Haven’t come across any weaknesses yet...they were super friendly and awesome. I felt they had my feelings in mind while going through all this. Although I was told by one that I wasn’t committed enough to trying to have another child.
European, Other
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Be patient and understand that he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor.
I walked away with the feeling that my age and the fact that I had two children prior put me in the back of the line for treatment.
I don’t really remember any of the specific protocols. But I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
They were super friendly and awesome. I felt they had my feelings in mind while going through all this. Although I was told by one that I wasn’t committed enough to trying to have another child.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I have had $3,000 in expenses so far.