Excellent

300 Beardsley Ln
Austin, TX 78746
512.444.1414

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Barsky made me feel comfortable and was wonderful to work with. She has a warm bedside manner and is great with communication...She explained every test and procedure to me in detail, as requested. From our first meeting with her, she answered every question I had before I even got a chance to ask them...We did (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing and froze all day 5 embryos...
How was your experience with Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
As her patient, Dr. Barsky made me feel comfortable and was wonderful to work with. She has a warm bedside manner and is great with communication. She is also very friendly and makes it feel like she is your friend in addition to your healthcare provider. She explained every test and procedure to me in detail, as requested. From our first meeting with her, she answered every question I had before I even got a chance to ask them! My partner and I feel that we have found the best doctor to give us our greatest chance of success with. We truly believe that if it weren't for Dr. Barsky and her team, we would not be where we are today (pregnant with our first baby).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
If you want to know why something is being recommended, alternatives to the treatment/procedure, and the data behind the science, do not be afraid to ask her. Dr. Barsky will gladly answer all of your questions and give you additional information, to help you make an informed decision.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barsky and her whole team were wonderful to work with. We felt like they really cared about us as individuals and were rooting for our success the entire time. We had some setbacks along the way but they were there to reassure us. They gave us the information that we needed to feel comfortable and confident with our decisions. Dr. Barsky has a warm bedside manner and genuinely cares about her patients.
Describe the protocols Maya Barsky used in your cycles at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing and froze all day 5 embryos. We then had (1) successful day 5 frozen embryo transfer and are keeping the remaining embryos frozen. For my first (2) egg retrieval cycles I was on FSH 150 IU daily (Gonal-F), Menopur 75 IU daily, Cetrotide 0.25 daily, and Lupron trigger shot. The last round of IVF we decreased my Gonal to 75 IU daily and I had a very similar response. We were doing IVF for male factor infertility, so Dr. Barsky was able to lower my medication dosage without any negative repercussions. For our embryo transfer i was on (3) estrogen patches and nightly progesterone in oil injections. I continued the PIO injections and estrogen patches up until 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Manriquez)
Theresa was wonderful to work with. She is very approachable and friendly. She was always available to take my call or answer an email in between appointments. I have full confidence in her professional knowledge and felt very comfortable in her care. Her and Dr. Barsky worked well together and were a team.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Austin Fertility and Reproductive Medicine was wonderful to work with. We worked with both the male and female sides of the clinic. My husband had a successful MicroTESE procedure with Dr. Parviz Kavoussi. I had (3) rounds of IVF ICSI and a successful FET with Dr. Maya Barsky. The staff at all the offices were friendly, easy to work with, and informative. The offices are all modern and use state of the art technology. The clinic was always very good at communicating appointment reminders, billing, and procedure information. We did not use insurance and paid out of pocket for all procedures and medicine. We always felt informed and could contact the clinic at any time if we had concerns or questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance did not cover fertility treatments, so we paid out of pocket for all expenses. For a MicroTESE procedure, (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing, (1) ERA, and (1) successful FET we spent an estimated $50,000. We are paying $500/year for additional storage of our remaining embryos.
Describe Maya Barsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
We chose to transfer a single embryo because of my age (31) and low number of PGT normal embryos.
Maya Barsky
Austin Westlake
2021, Successful
Dr. Barsky has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in our treatment plan. She gave us hope and calmed our fears through every step of our journey. She listened to all my questions and provided answers that didn’t feel rushed...She would only transfer one embryo...She provided research to back up her advice and listened to any concerns I had...You may not visit with her every visit but she is still responsive to questions through her Physicians Assistant.
It’s a small clinic [Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine], they’re very responsive and organized. They are a little more expensive than other clinics but it was worth it to me for the peace of mind and not feeling like a number. I could always get a hold of someone via phone or email and everyone was very friendly...Our PA was incredibly kind and helpful in answering all my questions. The staff was friendly and responsive to phone calls and emails.
Dr. Barsky has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in our treatment plan. She gave us hope and calmed our fears through every step of our journey. She listened to all my questions and provided answers that didn’t feel rushed. I am grateful to have been a patient of Dr. Barsky.
You may not visit with her every visit but she is still responsive to questions through her Physicians Assistant. Write all your questions down so you don’t forget to ask, but know that you can call or email the clinic if you forget something or need more support.
Dr. Barsky was very kind, patient, and empathetic. She provided research to back up her advice and listened to any concerns I had. She also took her time in our appointments together.
For retrieval we used gonal-f, menupur, and eventually ganirelix. I was monitored every few days with stims and medications were adjusted accordingly. I was given cabergoline to prevent OHSS and did not get it. I planned to do an ERA but that was cancelled because my estrogen was still too high post retrieval and my lining was too thin. For my FET we did a natural cycle. I naturally ovulate late but they still monitored me early so I had to go in every other day for a week until my lining and hormones were finally ready. We did a trigger shot and then started on PIO shots and did our transfer about a week later. So far it has resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Martinez )
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a small clinic, they’re very responsive and organized. They are a little more expensive than other clinics but it was worth it to me for the peace of mind and not feeling like a number. I could always get a hold of someone via phone or email and everyone was very friendly.
17,000 for egg retrieval and 6,000 for transfer plus 250 per visit.
She would only transfer one embryo. We understood her decision.
Maya Barsky