Excellent

Austin Westlake
300 Beardsley Ln
Austin, TX 78746

2021, Successful
Dr Barsky was very knowledgeable and any road bumps that came along the way she made sure to explain thoroughly and address any changes that needed to occur. She was caring and very kind during the whole process...We started slow with dosages to avoid by potential complications such as ovarian hyper stimulation, and appropriately advanced and adjusted depending on how I responded to medications. It did require some additional images and ordering of meds, but resulted in an output of viable eggs for freezing
[the Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine nurses are] Wonderful, friendly and easily approachable if I had any questions...Nice spacious office space. They were great with enforcing COVID requirements and precautions which I very much appreciated. Parking lot is a bit tight, but had available parking every time I went. Bathrooms and equipment were very clean, office was relaxing.
How was your experience with Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I highly recommend Dr Barsky, and the whole office. From the office to the staff, everyone was very approachable and really went out of their way to make sure I was getting the most out of my treatment and plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Barsky explained things in a simplified manner that made the entire process very easy to understand, she was kind, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and spoke to me like a person. I felt very comfortable having Dr Barsky as my physician
Describe the protocols Maya Barsky used in your cycles at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Meds used were gonal F and menopur; We started slow with dosages to avoid by potential complications such as ovarian hyper stimulation, and appropriately advanced and adjusted depending on how I responded to medications. It did require some additional images and ordering of meds, but resulted in an output of viable eggs for freezing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful, friendly and easily approachable if I had any questions
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maya Barsky at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Approximately $16k
Describe Maya Barsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Barsky made me feel comfortable and was wonderful to work with. She has a warm bedside manner and is great with communication...She explained every test and procedure to me in detail, as requested. From our first meeting with her, she answered every question I had before I even got a chance to ask them...We did (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing and froze all day 5 embryos...
As her patient, Dr. Barsky made me feel comfortable and was wonderful to work with. She has a warm bedside manner and is great with communication. She is also very friendly and makes it feel like she is your friend in addition to your healthcare provider. She explained every test and procedure to me in detail, as requested. From our first meeting with her, she answered every question I had before I even got a chance to ask them! My partner and I feel that we have found the best doctor to give us our greatest chance of success with. We truly believe that if it weren't for Dr. Barsky and her team, we would not be where we are today (pregnant with our first baby).
If you want to know why something is being recommended, alternatives to the treatment/procedure, and the data behind the science, do not be afraid to ask her. Dr. Barsky will gladly answer all of your questions and give you additional information, to help you make an informed decision.
Dr. Barsky and her whole team were wonderful to work with. We felt like they really cared about us as individuals and were rooting for our success the entire time. We had some setbacks along the way but they were there to reassure us. They gave us the information that we needed to feel comfortable and confident with our decisions. Dr. Barsky has a warm bedside manner and genuinely cares about her patients.
We did (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing and froze all day 5 embryos. We then had (1) successful day 5 frozen embryo transfer and are keeping the remaining embryos frozen. For my first (2) egg retrieval cycles I was on FSH 150 IU daily (Gonal-F), Menopur 75 IU daily, Cetrotide 0.25 daily, and Lupron trigger shot. The last round of IVF we decreased my Gonal to 75 IU daily and I had a very similar response. We were doing IVF for male factor infertility, so Dr. Barsky was able to lower my medication dosage without any negative repercussions. For our embryo transfer i was on (3) estrogen patches and nightly progesterone in oil injections. I continued the PIO injections and estrogen patches up until 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Manriquez)
Theresa was wonderful to work with. She is very approachable and friendly. She was always available to take my call or answer an email in between appointments. I have full confidence in her professional knowledge and felt very comfortable in her care. Her and Dr. Barsky worked well together and were a team.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Austin Fertility and Reproductive Medicine was wonderful to work with. We worked with both the male and female sides of the clinic. My husband had a successful MicroTESE procedure with Dr. Parviz Kavoussi. I had (3) rounds of IVF ICSI and a successful FET with Dr. Maya Barsky. The staff at all the offices were friendly, easy to work with, and informative. The offices are all modern and use state of the art technology. The clinic was always very good at communicating appointment reminders, billing, and procedure information. We did not use insurance and paid out of pocket for all procedures and medicine. We always felt informed and could contact the clinic at any time if we had concerns or questions.
Our insurance did not cover fertility treatments, so we paid out of pocket for all expenses. For a MicroTESE procedure, (3) rounds of IVF ICSI with PGT testing, (1) ERA, and (1) successful FET we spent an estimated $50,000. We are paying $500/year for additional storage of our remaining embryos.
We chose to transfer a single embryo because of my age (31) and low number of PGT normal embryos.
Austin Westlake
2021, Successful
Dr. Barsky has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in our treatment plan. She gave us hope and calmed our fears through every step of our journey. She listened to all my questions and provided answers that didn’t feel rushed...She would only transfer one embryo...She provided research to back up her advice and listened to any concerns I had...You may not visit with her every visit but she is still responsive to questions through her Physicians Assistant.
It’s a small clinic [Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine], they’re very responsive and organized. They are a little more expensive than other clinics but it was worth it to me for the peace of mind and not feeling like a number. I could always get a hold of someone via phone or email and everyone was very friendly...Our PA was incredibly kind and helpful in answering all my questions. The staff was friendly and responsive to phone calls and emails.
Dr. Barsky has an excellent bedside manner and was very thorough in our treatment plan. She gave us hope and calmed our fears through every step of our journey. She listened to all my questions and provided answers that didn’t feel rushed. I am grateful to have been a patient of Dr. Barsky.
You may not visit with her every visit but she is still responsive to questions through her Physicians Assistant. Write all your questions down so you don’t forget to ask, but know that you can call or email the clinic if you forget something or need more support.
Dr. Barsky was very kind, patient, and empathetic. She provided research to back up her advice and listened to any concerns I had. She also took her time in our appointments together.
For retrieval we used gonal-f, menupur, and eventually ganirelix. I was monitored every few days with stims and medications were adjusted accordingly. I was given cabergoline to prevent OHSS and did not get it. I planned to do an ERA but that was cancelled because my estrogen was still too high post retrieval and my lining was too thin. For my FET we did a natural cycle. I naturally ovulate late but they still monitored me early so I had to go in every other day for a week until my lining and hormones were finally ready. We did a trigger shot and then started on PIO shots and did our transfer about a week later. So far it has resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Martinez )
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a small clinic, they’re very responsive and organized. They are a little more expensive than other clinics but it was worth it to me for the peace of mind and not feeling like a number. I could always get a hold of someone via phone or email and everyone was very friendly.
17,000 for egg retrieval and 6,000 for transfer plus 250 per visit.
She would only transfer one embryo. We understood her decision.

2020 - 2021, Successful
She answered all of my questions very thoroughly, and was very patient with me during appointments and via e-mail / over the phone. There are a number of tests / procedures that are pretty uncomfortable when you are going through IVF, and Dr. Barsky helped me get through all of them with patience, support and compassion...Since I was a patient with a high chance of success, Dr. Barsky did not recommend multiple embryo transfers
I am really glad I chose to work with [Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] clinic for my fertility treatments. You certainly won't feel like you're just a cog in a machine. The doctors, nurses and staff treat you as an important patient and make sure you receive personalized treatment...Going through fertility treatments is not a fun process, but I felt so well taken care of by her. She answered all of my questions very thoroughly, and was very patient with me during appointments and via e-mail / over the phone
Dr. Barsky is first and foremost very knowledgeable about PCOS / fertility treatments. She was able to diagnose me with PCOS right away and begin treatments immediately. Throughout every step of the way Dr. Barsky explained what the process was, what the risks were, and what her advice was. I felt very informed and comfortable with the steps we took. In addition to being very knowledgeable, she is very personable. Dr. Barsky showed up for all of my visits, always making me feel comfortable and taken care of. I felt like I was in very good hands. Lastly, I had an amazing outcome working with Dr. Barsky. I felt my treatment was totally catered to me, and was tweaked during the process to make sure we retrieved the maximum number of eggs possible. After successfully creating 8 healthy embryos, it only took 1 transfer to have a healthy pregnancy. I have complete trust in Dr. Barsky's abilities and would recommend her to anyone!
I highly recommend working with Dr. Barsky! Going through fertility treatments is not a fun process, but I felt so well taken care of by her. She answered all of my questions very thoroughly, and was very patient with me during appointments and via e-mail / over the phone. There are a number of tests / procedures that are pretty uncomfortable when you are going through IVF, and Dr. Barsky helped me get through all of them with patience, support and compassion. I am so glad I found her!
Theresa is very knowledgeable, patient, and skilled.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I am really glad I chose to work with this clinic for my fertility treatments. You certainly won't feel like you're just a cog in a machine. The doctors, nurses and staff treat you as an important patient and make sure you receive personalized treatment.
Since I was a patient with a high chance of success, Dr. Barsky did not recommend multiple embryo transfers. She explained multiple embryo transfers is higher risk, and recommended a single embryo transfer.
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Barsky was very thorough but also very kind. When my first embryo transfer didn't stick, she showed empathy...always called when she said she'd call. Our appointments never felt rushed. She always gave me space to ask questions during my appointments...realistic about outcome of IVF but also managed to foster a positive environment to keep me hopeful...
The nursing staff [at Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] showed extreme dedication when they slept over the clinic to serve patients during Winter Storm Uri. I had to have my egg retrieval during the winter storm! Even though I'm sure they were tired, they showed me just as much compassion and care.
Dr. Barsky always called when she said she'd call. Our appointments never felt rushed. She always gave me space to ask questions during my appointments. I would definitely recommend her care to any of my friends trying to conceive.
You're in good hands.
I don't remember.
The nursing staff showed extreme dedication when they slept over the clinic to serve patients during Winter Storm Uri. I had to have my egg retrieval during the winter storm! Even though I'm sure they were tired, they showed me just as much compassion and care.
Describe your experience with Austin Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- Good communication and follow up, caring, patient. Clinic felt professional and clean. Doctors and PA went out of their way to care for me. They were realistic about outcome of IVF but also managed to foster a positive environment to keep me hopeful. Can't think of any weaknesses.