6.2

Houston, TX 77030
713-796-1434

2014 - 2017, Successful
Embryo Freezing
I have been a gestational carrier in the past and used Dr. Abdallah for my transfer then, and when my husband and I went to see him for IVF for ourselves Dr. Abdallah took the time to explain every detail to my husband. He answered all of our questions honestly and with respect. He even emailed me to see what my husband thought and if we had any questions that had popped up after we left his offices.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.... They [the nursing staff] were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.... IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Abdallah was very thorough in explaining the ins and outs of IVF to both my husband and myself. He truly cares about his patients and their success in getting and maintaining a pregnancy. I never once had a doubt that he didn't know how to handle every situation as ours is truly different. He makes the process easy and smooth leaving out no small details.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask all the questions you can think of and listen carefully as he does have an accent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Mazen Abdallah used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
For surrogacy, it was a frozen transfer and he used Progesterone in Oil, Estrace and Estrogen patches. He was willing to switch to Progesterone suppositories if I chose once we received heartbeat confirmation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
Describe Mazen Abdallah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He prefers eSET over multiple embryos as he feels that the risks of multiples outweighs the chance of having to do more than one transfer. He truly cares about the patient and how their bodies will react to a multiples pregnancy.
Cypress Office

He [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] said due to my quality we'd transfer 2...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him twice, consult and after failed retrieval...He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled...I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work...IUI was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse.
IUI [at Houston Fertility Institute] was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse...She [nurse] is very kind and responds fairly quickly...The IUI was around $2k...Strengths- multiple office locations, no matter where your doctor is stationed you can go to any location, generally well organized. Weakness- not very personal care, staff seems to turn over, patient load is too high...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] twice, consult and after failed retrieval.
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled and his accent is very strong. I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work.
Interview him and other doctors. If you choose him, don't expect to see him but once and tell him to speak slower.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The Cypress office has 1 nurse left from when I went there. She is very kind and responds fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The IUI was around $2k. IVF was covered via insurance.
He said due to my quality we'd transfer 2.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Prescription needed to be called in, in a timely manner and wasn't.
Cypress Office

Dr. Abdallah ran tests and SA and informed us right away of our results and what our chances would be with each cycle whether it was natural and medicated or IUI. He is very friendly and knowledgeable.... We were given all options when we first started treatments. We began with medicated natural for two cycles then on to IUI. After no success and more blood work we were told that our only option was IVF due to low AMH.
I really didn't find any weaknesses [at Houston Fertility Institute- Memorial Hermann] per say. Everyone was always very helpful. Only negative was that we didn't conceive during our cycles which doesn't reflect on the clinic staff. Anytime I needed help or had a question about my menstrual cycle or symptoms leading to miscarriage they were always willing to answer.... All of the nurses that I worked with or spoke with on the phone were knowledgeable and friendly. If they have the answer right then they would call me back within the same day.
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Go in with lots of questions and be prepared for results.
Like a human, because the staff and Dr. Abdallah were kind and thoughtful and very friendly. Always available to answer questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I really didn't find any weaknesses per say. Everyone was always very helpful. Only negative was that we didn't conceive during our cycles which doesn't reflect on the clinic staff. Anytime I needed help or had a question about my menstrual cycle or symptoms leading to miscarriage they were always willing to answer.
All blood work was covered by insurance. SA and upcoming cycles we're all paid OOP.
Memorial Hermann Med Center

he’s [Dr. Mazen Abdallah] honest he’s upfront about the medicines what’s going to work injectables work better versus pills this pill will work versus this pill and win a pill is no longer working he sits down with you he says all right let’s try something different try upping the dose he’s very open with how your body responds to things and instead of just doing one iui two back to back Iui His staff is very diligent on making sure your blood work and everything is perfectly lined up and if it’s not he’s willing to step in and explain OK this is why it’s not working this is what caused it to not to work and this is how we’re going to fix it
I honestly have nothing bad to say about the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] at all it’s very well-maintained new equipment I personally go to the Pearland office and it’s close to my home the people are super friendly and everything is exactly how it’s supposed to be... My nursing staff had a couple nurses but my primary nurse is nurse Renee She’s there to make sure that I am mentally emotionally and physically OK if I have any questions she’s in email or phone call away she’s very honest and I really like that and she’s an incredible nurse
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. of dollars a great physician he really explained what was going on in my own body that I didn’t understand he is a very quick talker and sometimes it has to be broken down a little bit more and he’s very upfront and he’s very honest on the options that you have and he’s very much there for you emotionally and mentally and he always give you reassurance before we jump straight in the IVF there so many more options that you have let’s try every single option before we do that where as other doctors that I have seen have always pushed just IVF dr. of dollars a great physician he really explained what was going on in my own body that I didn’t understand he is a very quick talker and sometimes it has to be broken down a little bit more he’s very upfront and he’s very honest on the options that you have and he’s very much there for you emotionally and mentally I am and he always gives you reassurance before we jump straight into IVF there so many more options that you have let’s try every single option before we do that where as other doctors that I have seen have always push just IVF he is also knows that I’m only 26 I have healthy eggs He tested my husband sperm quality and made sure that there was no reason that there would be any trouble and my husband and he made sure genetically that we are OK to have children and he wants to pursue other options considering we’re both young and we’re both relatively healthy and he also was upfront with me and told me you know your weight you are overweight and that can be a barrier on you getting pregnant and I was very appreciative of that all in all everyone at HFI is incredible
Be open honest and be ready to hear things that are difficult to hear but he’s not going to beat around the bush he’s very upfront he’s very honest but as a patient you want someone who’s going to be honest with you someone who’s not gonna tell you that this is gonna work and it’s not and you want someone who’s going to look out for your best interest and that’s what he does
When I was upset or when I just didn’t know where to move forward him and his whole team nurses and the rest of his staff if he was unable to see me very much cared about my mental and emotional well-being along with my physical
For my protocol and generally the protocol at HFI I really appreciate Is that he’s honest he’s upfront about the medicines what’s going to work injectables work better versus pills this pill will work versus this pill and win a pill is no longer working he sits down with you he says all right let’s try something different try upping the dose he’s very open with how your body responds to things and instead of just doing one iui two back to back Iui His staff is very diligent on making sure your blood work and everything is perfectly lined up and if it’s not he’s willing to step in and explain OK this is why it’s not working this is what caused it to not to work and this is how we’re going to fix it
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee )
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly have nothing bad to say about the clinic at all it’s very well-maintained new equipment I personally go to the Pearland office and it’s close to my home the people are super friendly and everything is exactly how it’s supposed to be
So most of the cost of the IUI is covered by my insurance I do pay $300 out of pocket and then I am I do you have like co-pays for my meds or the other dr so most of the cost of the IUI is covered by my insurance I do pay $300 out-of-pocket and then I do have like co-pays for my meds that are covered and there some medicine that isn’t covered and that’s unfortunately the reason why we haven’t done IVF or havent done shots and we’ve only done femera Because unfortunately financially we can’t pay $1000-$2000 for shots even though my doctor is very upfront and said they would work better
Houston Office