6.1

Wilmington
1124 Gallery Park Blvd
Midtown-Wilmington, NC 28412
919.782.5911

I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she [Dr. Bowling] could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. ... I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. ...
I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. ... The office staff [Carolina Conceptions] was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. ... When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
At first I was not as happy with her as my primary doctor because I felt like just another number and that it was just the formality of processing and getting to the next patient, but as time went on we developed a better report and I still am keeping in touch with her via email on the progress of my pregnancy. I think that this has to do with some of the challenges and anomalies that have occurred through this process. I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. I have to admit that I am not like most patients and have a very 'give me the facts and don't sugar coat it' type of approach that I can understand is not in typical character of most patients. I felt like once we got there things went great. The day I was released from CC, she came out and personally gave me a hug and asked me to keep in touch. She told me that I am officially on her list of "Amazing patient stories" and can understand why as I have had some crazy things occur.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
I would say be open and up front with her about how you would like to receive information and communications. She is a great doctor and I think you just need to be up front with how you want to communicate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
So I will have to admit that at first I felt like a number and I was just being run through the process. I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. Throughout the process, the relationship transformed into a more caring one and I felt that I was treated like a human.
Describe the protocols Meaghan Bowling used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
We started using the 'basic' process which is what I found frustrating at first because I have some personal health issues that I felt were yielding different results and expected to have a plan tailored to me given that information. It was discovered that my Progesterone levels were coming back high so I went on a Lupron down regulation where the levels were still the same...went through with the transfer anyway and was not successful. The second round she wanted to test my levels at my baseline and send off for testing and it was discovered that my levels were normal. My only option was to either do a test to check my uterus readiness through a mock transfer and spend the same as a transfer or go in blind. We made the decision to go in blind to move forward with the transfer with success. (We tried to get me ready for a transfer 2 other times previously and I was denied because of the levels being off. I would have preferred to have been tested before since the test was ONLY done locally in their clinic. We could have saved a lot of time and money knowing that.)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I don't recall the nurse that does the scheduling for the transfer, but I felt that she was the best to communicate with. When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The office staff was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. :(
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions.
Describe Meaghan Bowling's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
What specific things went wrong at Carolina Conceptions?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
Being a patient there for almost 2 years, things can happen. They never sent my chart to my OB that I was transferred to once my pregnancy was confirmed. Processes were changed while I was there and as a result was told to order more mediation than was needed (spend more money) and there was conflicting info between nurses when asked simple questions.
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bowling did her absolute best to help me and help me understand everything i had going on i would definitely go back to see her. She checked on me after my IUI the three times i had it with her was unsuccessful and she was able to tell me my next steps but I wasn't financially ready to take those steps and she understood and told me she will be there when I needef to come back
Expensive, busy but attentive and great doctors. Flexible schedule open sometimes on Saturday. Sometimes they [Emory University Repro Ctr] were over booked and ot was long wait times. The area was always busy traffic and I really like Dr bowling so I drove far to see her.... Dr. Bowling did her absolute best to help me and help me understand everything i had going on i would definitely go back to see her.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Be prepared financially if possible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Very professional and caring
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Emory University Reproductive Center.
In a rush
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Expensive, busy but attentive and great doctors. Flexible schedule open sometimes on Saturday. Sometimes they were over booked and ot was long wait times. The area was always busy traffic and I really like Dr bowling so I drove far to see her.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Emory University Reproductive Center
Atlanta

2019, Consult
Felt rushed during my Consult [with Dr. Meaghan Bowling]...Didnt feel a connection to my dr , like she really sincerely heard me, listened or cared. All questions addressed but I didnt feel confident that I was moving in the right direction. I switched dr after that and he seemed better and had more suggestions for me...TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results...
Felt rushed during my Consult [at Carolina Conceptions]...Didnt feel a connection to my dr , like she really sincerely heard me, listened or cared. All questions addressed but I didnt feel confident that I was moving in the right direction. I switched dr after that and he seemed better and had more suggestions for me...TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results...Nurses were amazing above and beyond. Caring, great bed side manner
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Competent
Felt rushed during my Consult
TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Nurses were amazing above and beyond. Caring, great bed side manner
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Be organized, ask for copies for yourself. Know your own insurance coverage. Come prepared. You will see dr doctors at each visit for treatments. Saturday hours were available that was helpful. The front office staff was knowledgeable
Ultrasound monitoring $250 per