6.1

1124 Gallery Park Blvd
Midtown-Wilmington, NC 28412
919.782.5911

2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bowling was very friendly and answered all of my questions with respect and concern. I never felt like she was just trying to get through her list of patients or treated like a number. She did an amazing job for the cycle I worked with her on...Dr. Bowling did an amazing job assessing each test and scan to adjust how to proceed. She communicated her advice very well through responding personally to my messages when I had a question.
Carolina Conceptions is a wonderful place. The offices are nice and inviting. They keep the lighting the in the rooms dim so you don't feel so "exposed" when doing internal ultrasounds. They also have bathrooms attached to most exam rooms so it is just "right there" for you! All of the staff are super knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone is always extremely friendly...The Nurses at Carolina Conceptions are outstanding! They go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and understand each visit and what to do. I always enjoyed each nurse I have seen.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bowling did an amazing job assessing each test and scan to adjust how to proceed. She communicated her advice very well through responding personally to my messages when I had a question. I would love to work with her again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to ask any questions you have, no question is dumb. Dr. Bowling is there to answer them and is happy to answer any questions you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Describe the protocols Meaghan Bowling used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
My cycle went pretty well. We only had one set back when I started the cycle with a cyst on one ovary. I just had to take birth control an extra week, the next week the cyst was still there but wasn't active anymore so I was able to move forward and start estrogen.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions is a wonderful place. The offices are nice and inviting. They keep the lighting the in the rooms dim so you don't feel so "exposed" when doing internal ultrasounds. They also have bathrooms attached to most exam rooms so it is just "right there" for you! All of the staff are super knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone is always extremely friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions.
The whole process is extremely pricey. I do not feel like the pricing of this facility is over priced when compared to other facilities. This is a very intense and delicate process, understandably the cost is going to be substantial.

2021 - 2022, Consult
I didn't feel like Dr. Bowling really listened to me during our consultations...I felt that I was treated as "a patient of a certain age" rather than as an individual...She said I would never have better than a 3-5% chance with my own eggs. Then she suggested IUI. When I asked her if I would have more than a 3-5% chance, she said "No." (why would I want to spend more money for no greater chance of conception?)...
A strength [of Carolina Conceptions] is that they are in a good location...Dr. Bowling was not a good fit for me and I decided to seek treatment at a different clinic...In only a few months of working with [the nursing staff], there were several errors in communication...The prescription request was botched because the nurse sending it claimed I was seeking additional fertility treatment (I wasn't), so it caused an issue with insurance coverage.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
I felt that I was treated as "a patient of a certain age" rather than as an individual. Simple errors were made that cost me time. My prescription for Clomid was sent along with information that I was also undergoing IVF (I was not) and delayed my ability to get the prescription covered by insurance. In a later consultation with Dr. Bowling I asked her if she could point me to any additional research/reading about age-related infertility (expounding on the 3-5% chance of conception) but she said that it "was just something fertility doctors are told" and she couldn't direct me to any further reading. I got a communication from the clinic that referenced my working with a different doctor (I wasn't) and my pursuit of IVF (I wasn't - I had only asked about cost but when I found out said I wouldn't be pursuing it). All in all, I did not feel like a respected/known patient at Carolina Conceptions and decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Give the consultation a try. She is nice. Perhaps you will have a better experience than I did.
I didn't feel like Dr. Bowling really listened to me during our consultations. She made assumptions about the type of procedure/care I would pursue given my age and the questions I asked of her. Twice this resulted in poor communication to staff at Carolina Conceptions who then communicated the wrong information to me.
Clomid 5mg twice a day. We only discussed other methods. She said I would never have better than a 3-5% chance with my own eggs. Then she suggested IUI. When I asked her if I would have more than a 3-5% chance, she said "No." (why would I want to spend more money for no greater chance of conception?)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
In only a few months of working with them, there were several errors in communication.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
A strength is that they are in a good location. A friend of mine worked with Dr. Park and had a good experience. Dr. Bowling was not a good fit for me and I decided to seek treatment at a different clinic.
Copays for consultation appointments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
The prescription request was botched because the nurse sending it claimed I was seeking additional fertility treatment (I wasn't), so it caused an issue with insurance coverage. When I called to schedule an HSG and asked about timing, no one mentioned to me that I shouldn't have intercourse for 24-48 hours afterwards. I later read this online.

2022, Consult
I was very nervous for my initial consultation with Dr Bowling. She immediately made me feel comfortable and explained everything in a humanized manner that I could understand...I had understood to have diminished ovarian reserve through another blood test and Dr Bowling made me feel confident those results could be trusted. With this diagnosis, she explained a best course of action and what next steps would be. She answered all the questions my husband and I had with patience and compassion.
This [Carolina Conceptions] office is accommodating and you’re able to visit with a doctor quickly. With fertility, it feels like time is of the essence and they made me feel like I was important. The first appointment is virtual which makes the situation of discussing fertility comfortable...My communication with the nursing staff has been limited, however, I’ve enjoyed my interaction with them.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
This was my first fertility appointment and I didn’t know what to expect. I had understood to have diminished ovarian reserve through another blood test and Dr Bowling made me feel confident those results could be trusted. With this diagnosis, she explained a best course of action and what next steps would be. She answered all the questions my husband and I had with patience and compassion.
Don't be stressed that your doctor won’t show you compassion or you’ll feel overwhelmed.
I am at the beginning of my fertility journey, hence why this grant would mean so much to my husband and I. I am going for my HSG this week to understand if there are any other issues that could prevent us from having children.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This office is accommodating and you’re able to visit with a doctor quickly. With fertility, it feels like time is of the essence and they made me feel like I was important. The first appointment is virtual which makes the situation of discussing fertility comfortable.
Describe Meaghan Bowling's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
Not applicable
Raleigh

She [Dr. Bowling] is so friendly and compassionate. During my last loss, she grieved with me. I can’t describe what a comfort she has been through a really hard process. She is always accessible by email, and I never feel rushed when I ask questions. She explains the risks and options really well, and that makes me feel like I’m a part of the decision making which is empowering...She’s really up to date on the research, so she’ll be able to explain the pros and cons of all possible treatment options.
Terry [nurse at Carolina Conceptions] is super experienced and confident. She is a pro, and she is a really good teacher. She is also very accessible by email which I appreciated. She helped coordinate everything with insurance for my meds which was a huge headache. I love her!...The things I’ve had go wrong were more or less minor and related to the volume of patients at the practice...Strengths: size, volume of patients it can handle, equipment, scheduling is easy, nurse instructors are great, providers are available by email. Weaknesses: no online portal, decor, lots of pictures of babies on the walls which makes me sad, hard to get someone on the phone, due to volume of patients, there are waiting periods for classes.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
She is so friendly and compassionate. During my last loss, she grieved with me. I can’t describe what a comfort she has been through a really hard process. She is always accessible by email, and I never feel rushed when I ask questions. She explains the risks and options really well, and that makes me feel like I’m a part of the decision making which is empowering.
Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions and advocate for yourself—even if it’s stuff you’ve read online that you have questions about. She’s really up to date on the research, so she’ll be able to explain the pros and cons of all possible treatment options.
Dr. Bowling always took lots of time to explain everything, hear me out, make me feel comfortable and answer ALL my questions (and I had tons). She’s also super responsive by email which is really nice.
For IVF, I did lupron flare for 2 days then started Gonal in the morning and menopure (4 vials of it) at night. I have borderline diminished ovarian reserve, so that was the rationale for an aggressive protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
Terry is super experienced and confident. She is a pro, and she is a really good teacher. She is also very accessible by email which I appreciated. She helped coordinate everything with insurance for my meds which was a huge headache. I love her!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Most of it was covered by insurance except for genetic testing of the embryos and the drugs—one round of IVF exhausted my fertility drug coverage which was $10,000.

2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Meaghan Bowling] is really knowledgeable and seems to know what is best for me as a patient. She ordered bloodwork that the previous doctor said wasn't necessary and discovered that my TSH was a little high which could inhibit ovulation even more. So she put me on meds that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise...She definitely is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat things but she has a warm personality.
[The nurses at Carolina Conceptions are] always nice and welcoming and answer any questions I have. They made me feel ok even during disappointed and failed treatments...The receptionists are always super nice and welcoming. The atmosphere is warm which is nice because it depresses me having to go to a fertility clinic, but that help that feeling go away when I walk in the door...So far everything has been covered under my insurance so I can't really comment on cost.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
She is really knowledgeable and seems to know what is best for me as a patient. She ordered bloodwork that the previous doctor said wasn't necessary and discovered that my TSH was a little high which could inhibit ovulation even more. So she put me on meds that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
She has a very warm personality. She gives it to you straight but isn't cold.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They're always nice and welcoming and answer any questions I have. They made me feel ok even during disappointed and failed treatments.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I encountered many challenges throughout my time working with this doctor [Dr. Meaghan Bowling]. Each time I felt like her main goal was to get rid of me. I felt she lacked compassion and wasn't a "cheerleader" for me at all...I'd been told I needed to purchase eggs by a particular date in order to proceed...then was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I reached out to my dr to explain what was going on...She won't proceed with me because I didn't buy my eggs by the deadline even though I had a very good reason to hold off. Once I got all the tests back and confirmed I was okay to proceed, I wanted to do so.. but now she won't work with me.
I'd been told I needed to purchase eggs by a particular date in order to proceed [with Carolina Conceptions]. I had every intention of doing that but then was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I reached out to my dr to explain what was going on and how important it was for me to get all the facts before investing 10,000-30,000 non refundable dollars on eggs. And as such, I would need meet her deadline for buying eggs. I did, however, assure them that I'd meet the deadline for pregnancy before the end of the calendar year which had been the second deadline she imposed on me. She won't proceed with me because I didn't buy my eggs by the deadline even though I had a very good reason to hold off. Once I got all the tests back and confirmed I was okay to proceed, I wanted to do so.. but now she won't work with me.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
There is so much to my story, I won't be able to cover it all here. But in a nutshell, I had many obstacles during this process. REAL obstacles, not anything made up or anything I could've prevented/avoided. I would hope a doctor in this situation would realize the stress I was under and work to give me hope and encouragement. Instead, I was made to feel like a waste of her time and a nuisance.
If you are an 'older' woman or a single woman.... I would look elsewhere. I feel she has a bias against these scenarios and holds them against her patients. If a woman who was younger and married encountered my exact challenges, I suspect she'd have treated them much differently.
I encountered many challenges throughout my time working with this doctor. Each time I felt like her main goal was to get rid of me. I felt she lacked compassion and wasn't a "cheerleader" for me at all.
She didn't do much beyond a consultation and then making me feel horrible about myself when I was unable to proceed in a quick fashion due to things out of my control such as an unexpected medical diagnosis and the discovery that the eggs I'd paid $5k to have held for me had been sold to someone else. These were issues I didn't cause and that required my working through before jumping in. She had no patience.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I didn't really deal with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I suspect that if I were younger and married, my experience would've been quite different. So for most people this clinic is probably okay. If you are don't fit the perfect scenario as far as your age, marital status etc.... you won't be treated favorably.
Since I had only consultations with her my costs were minimal. I don't have an exact dollar amount. But... this was the 2nd doctor who treated me. I'd spent a good deal more with my first doctor but then had to move out of state and start all over... which is why I ended up with Dr. Bowling.
I know she did have an opinion about single embryo transfer but... I was okay with that since I am single. While I'd have loved twins... I think I'd have a full plate with just one. So I didn't take issue with her on that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I'd been told I needed to purchase eggs by a particular date in order to proceed. I had every intention of doing that but then was diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I reached out to my dr to explain what was going on and how important it was for me to get all the facts before investing 10,000-30,000 non refundable dollars on eggs. And as such, I would need meet her deadline for buying eggs. I did, however, assure them that I'd meet the deadline for pregnancy before the end of the calendar year which had been the second deadline she imposed on me. She won't proceed with me because I didn't buy my eggs by the deadline even though I had a very good reason to hold off. Once I got all the tests back and confirmed I was okay to proceed, I wanted to do so.. but now she won't work with me.

2019, Consult
Dr Bowling is very knowledgeable of not just the female but the effects of the male fertility system. She made us feel comfortable, even thought the odds are against us, she reassured us in the best option for us to start our family would be IVF. Walked us through the entire procedure making sure that we were comfortable with the treatment plan. Very relate able and personable!!...She will give you the good and bad but she wants to you know ALL of your options and will make sure that you are comfortable with your care plan and if not then she will reassure you if there are no other or best options based on your case.
All of the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were warm and welcoming and assured us that we were in the best of hands with Dr Bowling...The cost for IVF treatment and Medication was about average of the national rate. Give or take a few 100.00. The FCC did advise of financial companies that we could look into to assist with the cost...Clinic setting is perfect, informational text to review while you wait, staff is welcoming and personal! Made sure that we had everything that we need, met with the financial care counselor who went over our insurance coverage, what insurance covered and what we would be responsible for. I can honestly say i did not see or witness any weakness within the office or staff. I would defiantly refer anyone here and strongly considering their office for our treatment!!
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr Bowling is SO relate-able, warm, caring, and is concerned about not just the well being of the reproductive part of an woman but is also concerned about the individual as a whole emotionally and physically. She may have been the 2nd doctor whom my husband & I consulted about our treatment but I feel totally confident she will take care of us and has us and our future family in her best interest. She made sure that we fully understood all of our options, diagnoses, process and procedures. I would diffidently recommend her to anyone who is looking for fertility treatment.
We only had a consult with her. We did inquire about INVOcell but due to the male factors against us, I would not be a good option for us that IVF would be our best and only option that would help us to start our family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
It was Halloween when we visited the office and the whole staff was in costumes which made us smile, even the doctors as well. All of the nurses were warm and welcoming and assured us that we were in the best of hands with Dr Bowling. hey raved about her during our whole visit before we meet with her. 5 Gold starts for the nursing staff!!!

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Bowling takes the time to sit and talk with you. She lets you process the information and is very honest and caring. ... She was very kind and supportive after our first loss. We then worked with her for our second transfer and unfortunately we suffered another loss. She was very thoughtful and thorough during that difficult time. She is now helping us with our next treatment plan. ... She is willing to listen so share what you need to share! ...
It can at times be overwhelming as they [Carolina Conceptions] are growing and there seems to be new staff members coming and going. When we weigh out all the pros and cons though the facility is still the best option for us. ... Her [Dr. Bowling] recommendation was a single embryo transfer, but with our previous loss she was willing to implant two embryos if we wanted. We were extremely grateful that she was willing to consider that. We ultimately followed her medical advice though and transferred one.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
She is willing to listen so share what you need to share!
For our frozen embryo transfer I took injections for both estrogen and progesterone. I also did a baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Unfortunately, the nurse we were working closer with moved out of the state. We have not been as pleased with the level of nursing care since our previous nurse left. The level of communication has decreased as has the level of compassion.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are very established and have great success rates. It can at times be overwhelming as they are growing and there seems to be new staff members coming and going. When we weigh out all the pros and cons though the facility is still the best option for us.
The FET was around $3,000
Her recommendation was a single embryo transfer, but with our previous loss she was willing to implant two embryos if we wanted. We were extremely grateful that she was willing to consider that. We ultimately followed her medical advice though and transferred one.

2019, Consult
Felt rushed during my Consult [with Dr. Meaghan Bowling]...Didnt feel a connection to my dr , like she really sincerely heard me, listened or cared. All questions addressed but I didnt feel confident that I was moving in the right direction. I switched dr after that and he seemed better and had more suggestions for me...TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results...
Felt rushed during my Consult [at Carolina Conceptions]...Didnt feel a connection to my dr , like she really sincerely heard me, listened or cared. All questions addressed but I didnt feel confident that I was moving in the right direction. I switched dr after that and he seemed better and had more suggestions for me...TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results...Nurses were amazing above and beyond. Caring, great bed side manner
Competent
Felt rushed during my Consult
TI with letrozole and ovidrel for 3 months. No positive results
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Nurses were amazing above and beyond. Caring, great bed side manner
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Be organized, ask for copies for yourself. Know your own insurance coverage. Come prepared. You will see dr doctors at each visit for treatments. Saturday hours were available that was helpful. The front office staff was knowledgeable
Ultrasound monitoring $250 per
Raleigh

Dr. Bowling was the sweetest and most compassionate .... She never once made us feel uncomfortable based on our same sex relationship and went above and beyond to answer any and all questions we had (and there were many). ... she was the only doctor that made us aware we were using low count sperm and potentially wasting a valuable IUI. Her help with getting our money back and recommendations for future donor banks as well as her genuine compassion when we were so utterly let down and defeated was matched by no others. We truly loved the experience with her, even the not so happy parts, and hope she is the one who helps us make our family a reality soon!
The staff [Carolina Conceptions] are all quite friendly from the front desk to the lab to the doctors and nurses. They are all very helpful and in one visit can give you basically everything you need to know about the journey you are starting. They were able to give us a cost breakdown on our first visit and helped us with deciding what route to go (IUI, IVF, or Invocell) and why. They keep their appointments running in time and the front desk ladies are nearly always able to answer your questions when you call worrying about this or that!!
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bowling was the sweetest and most compassionate out of all of the doctors we have seen at the clinic. She never once made us feel uncomfortable based on our same sex relationship and went above and beyond to answer any and all questions we had (and there were many). We had a small setback during an IUI with her, involving the sperm count of our donor. She explained her reservations about using it, and went out of her way to help us resolve this with the sperm bank that gave us basically worthless sperm. This was our second time using this donor (first time with her though) but she was the only doctor that made us aware we were using low count sperm and potentially wasting a valuable IUI. Her help with getting our money back and recommendations for future donor banks as well as her genuine compassion when we were so utterly let down and defeated was matched by no others. We truly loved the experience with her, even the not so happy parts, and hope she is the one who helps us make our family a reality soon!
She is brilliant. Write down your worries and questions and ask. She will answer and answer on your level.
Dr. Bowling never made us feel rushed or like just another number on the board of patients to see. She took her time and answered all our questions with so much patience.
We did clomid as well as an trigger shot prior our IUI. This was to promote the growth of follicles and ovulation. We had multiple, well developed follicles form from both ovaries!!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Each nurse we have encountered has been friendly, polite, and well versed. They have shown excitement in our journey with us, as well as shared in our disappointments. It is evident that they have a passion for the amazing work they are helping perform daily.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The staff are all quite friendly from the front desk to the lab to the doctors and nurses. They are all very helpful and in one visit can give you basically everything you need to know about the journey you are starting. They were able to give us a cost breakdown on our first visit and helped us with deciding what route to go (IUI, IVF, or Invocell) and why. They keep their appointments running in time and the front desk ladies are nearly always able to answer your questions when you call worrying about this or that!!
Our first 3 IUI were covered under insurance. We only had to pay the co-pays for various treatment ($50-80) most visits depending on procedure done.
Raleigh

For the second round of ivf [with Dr. Meaghan Bowling] we tried a new growth hormone which resulted in one of my ovaries stimulating too quickly, so we only retrieved 4 eggs... but happily one of those eggs resulted in a baby...We've studied and tried anything and everything. Dr. Bowling never tried to question all of our research the last several years, but she was willing to try something new...has an extremely warm personality and is always available. She gave us her email address the first time we met with her and is always very responsive! We visited 2 other fertility clinics in the area, one we also really liked but it was a bit of a hike from our home, and the other the doctor was extremely cold. It is always a pleasure to work with Dr. Bowling.
All of the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were great and compassionate. They all made you feel like a human and not just a number...Due to my history of implantation failures and a vanishing twin, we opted to transfer two embryos.... It was around $10,500 for the full ICSI cycle and fresh transfer... is a bit more expensive than some of the other clinics, but you get what you pay for. All of the staff is amazing. We're just hoping they can help us make a baby :) Definitely do your research. We went to three clinics in the area. We also looked and studied all of the SART reports. One clinic actually got defensive when I asked why they were showing 2014 data in their office (not the clinic we went with....)
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
To be honest, all of the doctors we've met at Carolina Conceptions have been extremely nice - along with all of the nurses. Dr. Bowling did do one of my ultrasounds during stims, one of my two egg retrievals there and did one of my three transfers. My previous cycle was done overseas and I never saw my doctor until the transfer, so it was nice to see Dr. Bowling sometimes throughout. She also personally called me with my results- you're pregnant! And then again 2 days later to tell me my hcg levels had dropped. It was nice that she called me directly for good- and bad news. Luckily after the second full round of ivf with Carolina it worked :) She was also willing to try stims a bit different to see if we could get more eggs retrieved for my cycle. Previously at a different clinic we had 6 eggs for one round and 7 eggs for the next... with Carolina we retrieved 10 eggs! For the second round of ivf we tried a new growth hormone which resulted in one of my ovaries stimulating too quickly, so we only retrieved 4 eggs... but happily one of those eggs resulted in a baby.
We are not the normal "new" patient coming in. We've done a few rounds of IVF and ICSI along with fet's. We've studied and tried anything and everything. Dr. Bowling never tried to question all of our research the last several years, but she was willing to try something new. I can't speak for a new patient coming in who doesn't already know their fertility issues- we had already done all of our pre-testing and had our son via ICSI overseas. But I can say as an experienced patient, she is great and much warmer than our previous doctor :)
Dr. Bowling has an extremely warm personality and is always available. She gave us her email address the first time we met with her and is always very responsive! We visited 2 other fertility clinics in the area, one we also really liked but it was a bit of a hike from our home, and the other the doctor was extremely cold. It is always a pleasure to work with Dr. Bowling.
My amh is extremely low, 0.8, especially for my age 32. In my previous two cycles I was on a flare protocol on gonal f 450 1x a day. Each time I stimmed for 14 days. First cycle we retrieved 6 eggs, all mature. Second cycle we retrieved 7 eggs, 4 were mature. The second cycle resulted in my son (along with a vanishing twin). With Carolina we also did a flare cycle, but two times a day and also added menopur. 2 viles of menopure and 150 gonal f, morning and night. The upping of the meds to 600 per day allowed us to retrieve 10 eggs, of those, 6 were mature and we made 4, 5-day high grade blasts. We transferred two 5-days fresh transfer and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The other two are still frozen planning a future fet. We also used ICSI as we also did for my second cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
All of the nurses were great and compassionate. They all made you feel like a human and not just a number.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina is a bit more expensive than some of the other clinics, but you get what you pay for. All of the staff is amazing. We're just hoping they can help us make a baby :) Definitely do your research. We went to three clinics in the area. We also looked and studied all of the SART reports. One clinic actually got defensive when I asked why they were showing 2014 data in their office (not the clinic we went with....)
Our insurance does not cover ivf. It was around $10,500 for the full ICSI cycle and fresh transfer. The drugs we ordered overseas to save money and were around $5000- they would've been around $9000 if we bought them through the USA pharmacy.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Bowling is very caring and is open about going through IVF herself. She is just awesome! She was very clear with our options and she was open to our suggestions while providing the best level of care. ... We tried to take medications for an IUI but my body did not respond to the meds. We used my sister as an egg donor and we were able to have 3 eggs to make it to blastocysts stage. We transferred a fresh blastocyst which failed and then 2 months later we transferred our frozen 2 which results in my son.
Everyone was great at Carolina Conceptions from the front desk staff, lab, nurses, doctors, embryologist, and finance. We had such a positive experience with them all. They worked together as a team to help you have the greatest experience. ... Ellie was well organized and had a great line of open communication. Every email or call I sent her she messages me or called me back that same day.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Same as my previous post. She was so caring and very sympathetic to our failed transfer. She hugs us as we come in and is very knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr Bowling to any of my friends and family who may eventually deal with infertility. I love the fact that she truly cares about her patients and does not treat them like just a number. She gives great advice and is very honest about our care.
Trust her with your care. She is knowledgeable and she will do her very best to achieve the goals that you are wanting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Ellie Downs)
Ellie was well organized and had a great line of open communication. Every email or call I sent her she messages me or called me back that same day. I called her with the craziest questions and she answered every one. She is very knowledgeable in her work and very compassionate about her job. It’s nice to have someone who understands the stress you are under and doesn’t add additional stress to a hard situation.
We paid approximately $20,000
She was 50/50. Our 2 frozen embryos were good and fair. So we decided to transfer both after discussing the possibly risks of multiples.
Raleigh

Visiting Dr. Bowling finally answered a lot of the questions we had about why we were unable to get pregnant after trying for nine months. Unfortunately, a key hormone level came back elevated after two blood tests and I was told IVF was our only option but that donor eggs were the only solution... I came across many women who were in a similar situation that were allowed to try with their own eggs and some were successful. After bringing this up to Dr. Bowling, she pushed again for donor eggs which I assumed (correctly or incorrectly, I'm not sure) that she and her facility were not willing to let me try with my own eggs at least one cycle. This is why my recommendation for her is low and why I have moved on to another facility.
All the nurses [at Carolina Conceptions] were nice and explained each step of the procedures we completed prior to them starting...We paid out-of-pocket for all of our visits and procedures but they offered a discount. The HSG was originally $850 but we paid $537, semen analysis (including strict morphology) was originally $227 but we paid $83, and initial lab workup was $330 with the follow-up test around $60. Medications were approximately $50 total.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Visiting Dr. Bowling finally answered a lot of the questions we had about why we were unable to get pregnant after trying for nine months. Unfortunately, a key hormone level came back elevated after two blood tests and I was told IVF was our only option but that donor eggs were the only solution. After a bit of research, I came across many women who were in a similar situation that were allowed to try with their own eggs and some were successful. After bringing this up to Dr. Bowling, she pushed again for donor eggs which I assumed (correctly or incorrectly, I'm not sure) that she and her facility were not willing to let me try with my own eggs at least one cycle. This is why my recommendation for her is low and why I have moved on to another facility.
If you feel uncomfortable about any abnormal lab result, speak up. I was told initially about my elevated hormone level after the first draw but she said it wasn't anything to worry about at that time. Turns out it was and if I had known that then, I would've made more of an effort to get the repeat labs drawn sooner.
Dr. Bowling was informative and explained everything at a level that we understood. She replied promptly to any questions we had and was accessible via phone or email.
Unfortunately, the timing of our initial visit was just prior to a busy time in our lives where we would be separated for about two and a half months. So there wasn't much Dr. Bowling could do. She did prescribe letrazole to help with ovulation, methlyprogesterone to help start a period for the cycles that dragged on for over 40 days, and levothyroxine to lower my TSH. After reuniting, we used letrazole in a TI cycle but were unsuccessful. During all of this, I was finally able to get a repeat lab drawn and that's when we were told of my elevated hormone level and its effect on our chances of conceiving. Dr. Bowling then prescribed estrogen patches and progesterone pills to help create a more frequent cycle while we decided if we wanted to proceed with IVF and donor eggs (her only solution the situation). However, at the recommendation of another fertility physician, I did not start this treatment protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
All the nurses were nice and explained each step of the procedures we completed prior to them starting.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinical was able to get us set up with our initial appointment pretty close to the day we called. Parking and accessing the clinic building/floor were easy and the front desk staff were very nice and friendly. While the waiting room decor was bland, there were plenty of seats that were comfortable. Our insurance didn't cover anything during our visits but we were always made aware of what the "out of pocket" price was for each procedure prior to starting.
We did not complete IVF at this facility.
Raleigh

Dr. Bowling is always very kind and approachable when I have face-to-face appointments with her. She answers all of my questions. I feel comfortable even asking the silly questions. I always have a lot of questions! The only complaint I would have would be her timeliness answering emails. I know she is probably very busy with other patients so I hate to even bring this up. Sometimes she answers emails in an appropriate amount of time but other times it may take a few days before she answers.
Everyone is so friendly at Carolina Conceptions. From the front desk, to the doctors, lab staff, and the nurses, I always feel comfortable. I never feel like a number there. It is very clean office. I have not had a bad experience at CC.... The nurses at Carolina Conception are super friendly and make you feel very comfortable during ultrasounds and/or procedures. I don't have anything bad to say about the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Make sure to have all your questions ready before your appointment. Ask follow up questions to make sure you fully understand the process of a procedure/treatment.
Dr. Bowling is very warm and kind when you speak to her at each appointment. She really seems like she cares and wants to answer my questions to the best of her ability. When I miscarried, I could tell she really was sympathetic to what i was going through.
I was on 1500mg/day of Metformin for all treatment cycles. My first two cycles with Dr. Bowling, I took 5mg of Letrozole on days 3-7 with timed intercourse. I did not fall pregnant with either Letrozole cycle. My third treatment - I took 5 mg of letrozole on days 3-7 and added Gonal-F (150 IU) on days 7-9 with timed intercourse. I chose to do this unmonitored to save money. I did not fall pregnant this cycle. IUI #1 - I took 5 mg of letrozole on days 3-7 and Gonal-F (150 IU) on days 7-9. I was monitored. I went in for a baseline ultrasound and and ultrasound on day 10. I had three mature follicles and triggered with Ovidrel. My IUI was done 36 hours after the trigger shot was taken. My husband gave his sample the day of the IUI. I did fall pregnant this cycle but it unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. For IUI #2&3 I did the same treatment as IUI #1 but unfortunately I have not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
My insurance did not cover any fertility expenses other than the consultation but I have a high deductible plan so I still had to pay $177 for my visit. Each ultrasound is about $250. Each IUI is about $400. Plus medication which ranged from $800-$1,200.
Dr. Bowling said she would only transfer one embryo because I was under 35 years old.
Raleigh

Dr. Bowling has a positive attitude and has helped uncover a handful of diagnosis that are contributing to infertility.... Sometimes she doesn't have all of the answers because there are so many factors that go into getting and staying pregnant when you have infertility issues.... We began with a saline sonogram to make sure my D&C was complete. In this procedure I learned I had endometriosis and some pretty large cysts.
They [Carolina Conceptions] are excellent at working you in to an appointment. If you need to be seen that morning they allow you to walk in. I like that they have appointments starting as early as 7:30 so that you can still get to work at a reasonable time. The financial staff is super helpful in figuring out the cost of procedures and medicine based on your insurance.... My surgery was $1,700. The scans will now be $250 each with 2-3 per cycle.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Meghan thinks before she speaks on giving advice. She took the time to look over bloodwork and ultrasounds before advising next steps. Dr. Bowling has a positive attitude and has helped uncover a handful of diagnosis that are contributing to infertility.
We began with a saline sonogram to make sure my D&C was complete. In this procedure I learned I had endometriosis and some pretty large cysts. Next, we decided to start with follicle monitoring while on clomid and taking a trigger shot. I took progesterone suppositories after the trigger. We did timed intercourse. The clomid was the help boost my ovaries since my AMH was slightly low. The progesterone was given due to my mid cycle spotting and prior miscarriage. The first cycle I responded, the second I didn't. Since I didn't respond the second time surgery to remove the endo was recommended and completed. More bloodwork was completed to check AMH which rose to normal levels and thyroid which showed positive antibodies. This is linked to recurrent miscarriages, so I am on synthroid to combat that.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
They are always very friendly and calming. They talk to you to try to get to know you.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
They are excellent at working you in to an appointment. If you need to be seen that morning they allow you to walk in. I like that they have appointments starting as early as 7:30 so that you can still get to work at a reasonable time. The financial staff is super helpful in figuring out the cost of procedures and medicine based on your insurance.
The drugs were $180 a month and the follicle scans were covered for the first 3 cycles. My surgery was $1,700. The scans will now be $250 each with 2-3 per cycle.
Raleigh

When I met with Dr. Bowling in person, she was very thorough and kind. She gave me her email address to communicate with her and we had a good back and forth for a while. Eventually, her responses were very delayed and sometimes she wouldn't answer at all.... A nurse did my first ultrasound, another RE did my second, and yet another RE performed my IUI.
I wish a patient portal was an option. The answering system [Carolina Conceptions] when you call is truly ridiculous. You have to listen to an exhaustive number of extension possibilities before you get to the general number at the end. It would be so helpful to be able to send questions or concerns via a secure portal.... I only really remember the one nurse (and maybe she had a different title) that performed my initial ultrasound for IUI. She was very nice and talked me through what we were looking at on the screen.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
After I scheduled my IUI last fall, I never saw Dr. Bowling. We set up the plan via email and I called the first day of my period to initiate ultrasound appointments. A nurse did my first ultrasound, another RE did my second, and yet another RE performed my IUI. I was disappointed that Dr. Bowling didn't seem to be involved in my care at all, but I'm fairly new to this world and wasn't sure what to expect. Going forward, I hope to work with her more closely on my personal care.
Be clear on the best way to reach her/communicate care options with her.
When I met with Dr. Bowling in person, she was very thorough and kind. She gave me her email address to communicate with her and we had a good back and forth for a while. Eventually, her responses were very delayed and sometimes she wouldn't answer at all. The Carolina Conceptions answering system is very long, with a myriad of extensions to reach various people, but connecting directly with my doctor was important to me. Sometimes, a follow-up email will remind her to answer my questions, but overall, I miss the correspondence we had when I was her new patient.
I took oral letrozole for 5 days before using the trigger shot at home. I had 2 ultrasounds (one with a nurse, one with another RE) and the IUI was performed by a third RE. This RE said with my husband's SA numbers at the time, we shouldn't have scheduled this procedure at all.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I wish a patient portal was an option. The answering system when you call is truly ridiculous. You have to listen to an exhaustive number of extension possibilities before you get to the general number at the end. It would be so helpful to be able to send questions or concerns via a secure portal. Most of my other doctors' have them. Otherwise, the rest of the clinic and the staff is fine. Kelly in Finance has been very helpful when I've had questions about what my insurance would cover.
Between the 2 medications and the ultrasounds/IUI procedure, my IUI cost around $1,700.

2018, Consult
It was the very first appointment ever with any fertility specialist and it was extremely quick with IVF the only option. She [Dr. Bowling] went over a print out of the IVF process and let me know how I would schedule a nurse visit to begin. She asked very little questions and gave very little response to my concerns. Not that she ignored them but I did not feel as if she wanted to address them. I felt like a number because the appointment was so quick, my husband was not able to be there yet they wanted me to schedule a nurse visit to begin the cycle at that time.
I do not like the fact that at my first consult (with my husband not even in attendance) I was in and out quickly with IVF as the planned course of action. They [Carolina Conceptions] wanted me to schedule the nurse class (where you also paid in full) upon checkout for the next couple of weeks. It seemed very quick and like a number to be in and out. While I appreciate wanting to help me (we would love to be pregnant in 2 weeks!) it felt as if it was without my questions, concerns and fears addressed.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
We only visited one time. After that visit I knew she was not the Doctor for me. I had no doubt she was extremely knowledgeable and capable, but personality and the way I felt rushed with very little info made me switch to another clinic.
Have an extensive list of questions and do not let the appointment end without them being addressed even if you have to push for that. Ask for additional tests (at the time I did not know what to ask or that I even should) as she did not give any other options.
First I have to say I hate giving negative reviews but I was not impressed with this office. Dr. Bowling was very welcoming upon introduction however was very blunt. While I appreciated her being straightforward, that is not my personality type. It was the very first appointment ever with any fertility specialist and it was extremely quick with IVF the only option. She went over a print out of the IVF process and let me know how I would schedule a nurse visit to begin. She asked very little questions and gave very little response to my concerns. Not that she ignored them but I did not feel as if she wanted to address them. I felt like a number because the appointment was so quick, my husband was not able to be there yet they wanted me to schedule a nurse visit to begin the cycle at that time.
I only had first consult.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I only met with the lab and the check in for vitals etc. They were both friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff was SO welcoming. They answered questions and made you feel more comfortable. I do not like the fact that at my first consult (with my husband not even in attendance) I was in and out quickly with IVF as the planned course of action. They wanted me to schedule the nurse class (where you also paid in full) upon checkout for the next couple of weeks. It seemed very quick and like a number to be in and out. While I appreciate wanting to help me (we would love to be pregnant in 2 weeks!) it felt as if it was without my questions, concerns and fears addressed.
I do know for my case, 1 embryo would have been the approach
Raleigh

I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she [Dr. Bowling] could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. ... I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. ...
I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. ... The office staff [Carolina Conceptions] was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. ... When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
At first I was not as happy with her as my primary doctor because I felt like just another number and that it was just the formality of processing and getting to the next patient, but as time went on we developed a better report and I still am keeping in touch with her via email on the progress of my pregnancy. I think that this has to do with some of the challenges and anomalies that have occurred through this process. I felt that once we got to a common ground of understanding and that she could be blunt with me that the relationship turned into a more positive and trusting relationship. I have to admit that I am not like most patients and have a very 'give me the facts and don't sugar coat it' type of approach that I can understand is not in typical character of most patients. I felt like once we got there things went great. The day I was released from CC, she came out and personally gave me a hug and asked me to keep in touch. She told me that I am officially on her list of "Amazing patient stories" and can understand why as I have had some crazy things occur.
I would say be open and up front with her about how you would like to receive information and communications. She is a great doctor and I think you just need to be up front with how you want to communicate.
So I will have to admit that at first I felt like a number and I was just being run through the process. I have additional health issues that I felt were warranted to be taken into additional consideration and felt that initially my needs were not being met and my concerns were not being heard. Throughout the process, the relationship transformed into a more caring one and I felt that I was treated like a human.
We started using the 'basic' process which is what I found frustrating at first because I have some personal health issues that I felt were yielding different results and expected to have a plan tailored to me given that information. It was discovered that my Progesterone levels were coming back high so I went on a Lupron down regulation where the levels were still the same...went through with the transfer anyway and was not successful. The second round she wanted to test my levels at my baseline and send off for testing and it was discovered that my levels were normal. My only option was to either do a test to check my uterus readiness through a mock transfer and spend the same as a transfer or go in blind. We made the decision to go in blind to move forward with the transfer with success. (We tried to get me ready for a transfer 2 other times previously and I was denied because of the levels being off. I would have preferred to have been tested before since the test was ONLY done locally in their clinic. We could have saved a lot of time and money knowing that.)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
I don't recall the nurse that does the scheduling for the transfer, but I felt that she was the best to communicate with. When I called in with questions and got different nurses, they would call me back and NEVER read my file and I would have to tell them what was going on... very annoying!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The office staff was really great to work with and were always welcoming. I still felt like it was just a money making machine with a turn-style. Be prepared to spend a lot of money and get frustrated. I only felt like a person once the embryo was in me and I was on my way to a successful metric. :(
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
Being a patient there for almost 2 years, things can happen. They never sent my chart to my OB that I was transferred to once my pregnancy was confirmed. Processes were changed while I was there and as a result was told to order more mediation than was needed (spend more money) and there was conflicting info between nurses when asked simple questions.
Raleigh

Dr. Bowling is friendly and compassionate, but she is a bit passive and wishy washy. If you're looking for someone who is blunt, Dr. Bowling is not the right doctor for you. She explains her rationale behind treatment, but in my tough case I've had to do most of the thinking outside the box....Dr. Bowling, however, was willing to actually let me attempt IVF despite an expected poor response. One of the other doctors at the clinic told me he would not go to retrieval for less than 3 follicles, and he didn't think I'd make that minimum.
The front desk staff [Carolina Conceptions] are friendly and often remember my name. They have been more than willing to help direct me to the right person for my various questions. The financial coordinators have been a little more businesslike but are efficient and willing to answer all questions.... I've only just started working with Taylor for my upcoming IVF cycle. She was very friendly and explained things well out our education class. She has been very responsive to questions via email.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bowling is friendly and compassionate, but she is a bit passive and wishy washy. If you're looking for someone who is blunt, Dr. Bowling is not the right doctor for you. She explains her rationale behind treatment, but in my tough case I've had to do most of the thinking outside the box. Thankfully I'm the type of person who will do my own in-depth research, including searching medical journals and reviewing research studies, to educate myself on the most recent information available. Because of this, I've been able to ask more in-depth questions that have led to treatment options that may not have otherwise been suggested. Dr. Bowling, however, was willing to actually let me attempt IVF despite an expected poor response. One of the other doctors at the clinic told me he would not go to retrieval for less than 3 follicles, and he didn't think I'd make that minimum.
Do your own research and ask her about your findings and whether different approaches may be worth trying.
Dr. Bowling is pleasant, yet I have to ask a lot of questions, make suggestions, and generally steer her toward thinking outside the box. She has, however, been very open to trying new things based on research-based suggestions I've made. The clinic overall doesn't really provide a "this is what happens next" approach. I have had to just jump in and make it happen on my own.
Dr. Bowling explained that my body is working very hard to produce follicles each cycle, so additional FSH provided via gonadotropins may not be helpful. However, she concluded that I should try high doses to attempt to recruit more follicles. TI cycle #1: 300 iu Follistim, Cetrotide, and Ovidrel trigger. Expected poor response to gonadotropins, hence the higher dose. I had an early recruited 14mm follicle at the baseline ultrasound that the attending RE thought was a cyst. Stimmed anyway, and only the lone follicle grew. Triggered after only a few days of Follistim. Negative test. TI cycle #2: Start Estradiol on day 20 of previous cycle. 7.5 mg Letrozole for first 5 days + 375 iu Follistim, Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger. Recruited 3 follicles, last ultrasound was on a Saturday and the nurse made the call to trigger. Two were large enough to be mature at trigger. Negative test. TI cycle #3: Start Estradiol on day 20 of previous cycle. Started 7.5 mg Letrozole and 450 iu Follistim on CD1. Stimmed for 12 days, four follicles grew, but not concurrently in size. Only two were large enough to be mature at trigger. Negative test. Currently planning to start a testosterone-primed Microdose Lupron Flare IVF cycle with Omnitrope. The hope is that adding testosterone and HGH will help recruit more and better quality follicles. The Microdose Lupron Flare protocol is often used for women with low ovarian reserve or who are poor responders.
I've only just started working with Taylor for my upcoming IVF cycle. She was very friendly and explained things well out our education class. She has been very responsive to questions via email. The other nurses I've worked with have also all been very friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk staff are friendly and often remember my name. They have been more than willing to help direct me to the right person for my various questions. The financial coordinators have been a little more businesslike but are efficient and willing to answer all questions.
My medication and ultrasounds/labs were covered by insurance, so only had to pay a copay for procedures (2-6 ultrasounds each cycle ranging from $30-$55). My medications for my first cycle cost $2,000+, which met my pharmacy deductible for the year. Office visit copays are $85. Medications for my IVF cycle will cost about $5,000+ and the IVF procedure (with Service Worker discount, PGS biopsy, anesthesia, and FET) totals $12,300. Ultrasounds and PGS testing are not included in this price.
Dr. Bowling prefers single embryo transfer.
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Very personable and compassionate. She does not act like she feels sorry for us. Dr. Bowling called multiple times during our genetic testing to explain complication to us. When my husband had to have surgery for sperm retrieval, they called multiple times to check on us. When it came time to freeze our sperm they were very reassuring that our sperm would be safe. They called to let us know the outcome of our sperm and we’re very helpful and compassionate during a stressful and difficult time.
Very compassionate and helpful. Everyone [Carolina Conceptions] is willing to help even the front desk staff. They’re always smiling and greeting you. The financial staff is great at explaining and finding ways to help financially.... When my husband had to have surgery for sperm retrieval, they called multiple times to check on us. When it came time to freeze our sperm they were very reassuring that our sperm would be safe. They called to let us know the outcome of our sperm and we’re very helpful
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
She’s amazing and very compassionate.
Very helpful and plesent. Calls multiple times to check on me and my husband during this process.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Very compassionate and helpful. Everyone is willing to help even the front desk staff. They’re always smiling and greeting you. The financial staff is great at explaining and finding ways to help financially.
Raleigh

She [Dr. Bowling] was very kind and assured me that she would keep working with me to help me achieve parenthood...She doesn’t sugarcoat the situation, if she thinks it’s not going to work she tell you and give you the reasoning behind why certain procedure won’t work...she always greets you with a smile. Very informative and reassuring...She’s very down to earth and will make you feel comfortable
Check in and check out [at Carolina Conceptions] are pretty straightforward, they are a busy clinic so having patience when checking in and out as needed but other than that the clinic is great. They always welcome you and with a smile very friendly...[the nursing staff is] Very nice and welcoming...She [Dr. Bowling] was very kind and assured me that she would keep working with me to help me achieve parenthood
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
She has been nothing but the best, she always greets you with a smile. Very informative and reassuring. She doesn’t sugarcoat the situation, if she thinks it’s not going to work she tell you and give you the reasoning behind why certain procedure won’t work.
She’s very down to earth and will make you feel comfortable
She was very kind and assured me that she would keep working with me to help me achieve parenthood.
Very nice and welcoming
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Check in and check out are pretty straightforward, they are a busy clinic so having patience when checking in and out as needed but other than that the clinic is great. They always welcome you and with a smile very friendly
Raleigh
Dr. Bowling remembered my history every time she meet with me [at Carolina Conceptions]. She was very understanding, attentive and listened closely to everything I had to say. I never felt rushed during my visits with her. She always assured I was scheduled to only see her for my follow appointments. Every email or call from me was answered by her personally even if she has to reply during after hours.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
When we first met Dr. Bowling she immediately offered the best treatment based on our history. She explained the reasons why she suggested this treatment and the possible outcomes. Throughout my treatment she fully explained what was being done, why and what the next steps will be. There was a time where Dr. Bowling needed to alter my treatment due to an unplanned surgery she needed to. Her quick decision still allowed me to have my embryo transfer in a reasonable time. In discussing my past miscarriages with Dr. Bowling, my pregnancy was monitored until 10 weeks instead of 8 weeks which is the normal time for monitoring pregnancies at her office. She extended my medication to prevent miscarriage. I am now 13 weeks pregnant without complications.
Ask all the questions you have, you will get the best advice from Dr. Bowling.
Dr. Bowling remembered my history every time she meet with me. She was very understanding, attentive and listened closely to everything I had to say. I never felt rushed during my visits with her. She always assured I was scheduled to only see her for my follow appointments. Every email or call from me was answered by her personally even if she has to reply during after hours.
Meaghan Bowling

Dr. Bowling was very transparent with us about the process from the beginning. She really laid it out there and was straight forward with everything. When communication was necessary with Dr. Bowling, she was very prompt in her responses back, or had someone contact us back in a timely manner. She is very compassionate and professional in her job...I was on the Microdose Lupron protocol, due to diminishing ovarian reserve. - 10 iu microdose lupron - 225 Gonal F - 75 IU Menupeur - 250 Ovidrel (trigger shot) I did not respond well to the stimulants, and no eggs were retrieved.
The atmosphere at the clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is very inviting, and makes you feel welcomed. The ladies that work in the front remember who you are and take the time to talk to you. I am a teacher and they were always very flexible to work around my schedule so I did not have to take off a lot of work...Although fertility treatment is expensive, the financial team was very helpful and took the time to sit down with you to break down each cost...The nursing staff was always very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open and detailed about what your conditions are and why you are going through everything. She takes the time to research the best methods to increase your probability of success.
Dr. Bowling was very kind, and talked us through every step. Not only did she help provide answers to our questions, but she also took the time to understand my underlying conditions and reasons for why I chose to go through the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The atmosphere at the clinic is very inviting, and makes you feel welcomed. The ladies that work in the front remember who you are and take the time to talk to you. I am a teacher and they were always very flexible to work around my schedule so I did not have to take off a lot of work.

2017, Unknown Success
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. B [Meaghan Bowling] has been fantastic through this process. She is available whenever we need to get in touch with her, she is extremely knowledgable, and she is there to help and give us the information and make the best decision for us and our family; we don't feel judged which is huge.
Clinic's [Carolina Conceptions] strengths are extreme knowledge and with that knowledge help us as a couple grow confidence in the process. Weakness is the price but I know that's not their fault so none.... [The nursing staff are] Very communicative, sharp, seemed to care about the work they were doing and supported the patients instead of treating us like numbers.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. B's strengths are she is smart, well informed, compassionate to the costs and decisions that have to be made, accessible to the patients via phone and email and the information given is accurate. I have yet to come across a weakness so far.
I would tell someone to do research prior to going so that you have questions about the entire process because Dr. B is a wealth of knowledge and will either correct a misconception OR expound on the answer!
Dr. B has been fantastic through this process. She is available whenever we need to get in touch with her, she is extremely knowledgable, and she is there to help and give us the information and make the best decision for us and our family; we don't feel judged which is huge.
I don't know all the process but my wife and I are both Cystic Fibrosis carriers and we had to terminate a pregnancy last year. Dr. B was fantastic in talking through that with us and understanding as to why we wanted to get the PGD and PGS for our next attempt at conception.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Clinic's strengths are extreme knowledge and with that knowledge help us as a couple grow confidence in the process. Weakness is the price but I know that's not their fault so none.
They were a bit of a shock but that's just the industry. We had an idea coming in and walked away needing to figure out how to fund it. It was definitely something that was surprising but hopefully worth it!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
No I did not, I think the button must have been clicked wrong.
2017, Unknown Success
The woman at the front desk [at Carolina Conceptions] has been somewhat abrasive to me on several occasions, even to the point of my delaying the start of treatment with the office for almost 8 months because of her rudeness. She was very unaccommodating when I explained my schedule as a teacher 30 minutes away, especially in regards to my difficulty and inflexibility with scheduling. However, everyone else on the staff is extremely considerate, informative, and accommodating!
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Bowling is extremely personable, knowledgeable, and friendly. She has taken the time to sit and talk with me several times, even when it may have been inconvenient for her. When I had questions and reservations about the next steps for our fertility journey, she was able to talk me through each step, making sure that I fully understood everything and felt comfortable as we went. She reassured me of my risks, offered practical advice about next steps, and was patient as my husband and I decided. We are hoping to begin the IVF process this summer, and it is largely because of her ability to comfort my concerns and address my needs as an individual, rather than as a statistic. I've been to other fertility clinics in the area and felt very un-heard, rushed, and valued only as a statistic in their office results. Dr. Bowling is NOTHING like that! I have loved every appointment I've had with her and it truly is because of her that we are planning to proceed with IVF to grow our family when I had previously rejected the idea of IVF altogether.
Ask questions! She is patient and willing to answer every concern, and is so sweet and knowledgeable as she answers!
Dr. Bowling is THE BEST! She has always been willing to spend extra time with me if I need it, explain procedures and symptoms extremely thoroughly, and spend time getting to know my husband and me, including our desires and preferences for treatment. I've never felt pressured to do a procedure, or to take things faster than I preferred. I have always felt very well cared for by both nurses and physicians alike!
We started with basic hormone pills (Letrozole), then adjusted to try to trigger a greater response when we didn't see the follicles we wanted. Then, Dr. Bowling added a small steroid to help the growth of the follicles on my left side because it wasn't responding as well--and we saw great results with that! Then, we did an HSG test to check for scar tissue from a previous ectopic pregnancy, and that is when Dr. Bowling diagnosed the tubal blockage on the right side. From there, we also discussed that my condition is not-quite PCOS, and Dr. Bowling explaining that because of the tubal blockage + ovary dysfunction, our chances of getting pregnant through TIC or IUI were extremely low. Dr. Bowling then met with me for nearly an hour to discuss both IVF and embryo adoption, giving me the time and space to process all the information. Our next steps will be to begin the IVF process this summer, when I am not teaching.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Terri)
Terri is THE BEST!!!!! Actually, every nurse I've seen has been amazing, but Terri has been so incredibly helpful every step of the way! As a teacher who works 30 minutes from the office, Terri was able to leave extremely detailed voicemails when I couldn't answer the phone, and meet with me in the hallways after visits to address any questions or concerns. She's been so incredibly helpful and informative, plus I love that she is very straight forward in her communication. She is not wanting to waste anyone's time, and I so appreciate her!!!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The woman at the front desk has been somewhat abrasive to me on several occasions, even to the point of my delaying the start of treatment with the office for almost 8 months because of her rudeness. She was very unaccommodating when I explained my schedule as a teacher 30 minutes away, especially in regards to my difficulty and inflexibility with scheduling. However, everyone else on the staff is extremely considerate, informative, and accommodating!
All nurse visits were approx. $35, but doctor visits were $85. Prescriptions were varying in prices, but most of the pills were fairly affordable. The Ovidrel was expensive, but mostly due to my insurance. About to start IVF and were quoted at roughly $18,000 for the procedure + medications.
Since we haven't started the IVF process yet, I don't know definitively, but she has definitely recommended that we are more conservative early on because I am just now 30 and there is not much of a reason to be overly aggressive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
There was a lack of communication regarding base-line ultrasounds, which unfortunately complicated 2-3 cycles. We figured it out though. :)