Not available by email
ResidencyWash U
FellowshipU Penn
2828 Chicago Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meg Hopeman to a friend?

4.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota to a friend?
Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner.... We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner. Scheduling appointments was easy, and convenient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Go in with as many questions as possible. She will answer all of them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During my visits, Dr. Hopeman remembered who I was, and what we had talked about. She did a great job making us feel like we mattered, and offering all of her best thoughts and opinions for our care. She made us feel reassured that it was definitely possible for us to have children.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering. After 3 cycles with Clomid, we sat down with her to discuss moving on to IVF or trying IUI with injectables. Both options were presented very clearly, and also presented us with multiple reasons why we could try either option. After laying out all of the reasons for each, we tried doing IUI with injectables. She was very willing to do however many cycles we chose to do, and move on to IVF whenever we felt comfortable. She often adjusted meds based off of response for desired effect with great stim results.
Overall, the nursing staff at the clinic did a great job. I saw difference nurses at each appointment, but they were always willing to answer all questions I had. If they were not able to answer, they always asked Dr. Hopeman in a timely manner, and called with the answer that day. They were very compassionate and empathetic towards me at all appointments.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is located in a busier part of town, which isn't always convenient at rush hour times. Overall, the clinic is very nice and is clean. Occasionally the front desk staff isn't always the most kind to overly emotional patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I had some insurance coverage, so I am unsure of all associated costs. Doing some research before hand, costs seem pretty inline with other clinics in the area.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For our IVF cycle, she has a strong preference of transferring only 1 embryo because of the risks involved with multiples, and being young.
Minneapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.

My experiences with Dr. Hopeman have been largely positive. As a scientist myself, I appreciate receiving highly detailed information on my labwork, diagnosis, treatment, etc. Dr. Hopeman has been willing to provide these detailed explanations in a compassionate way. She has been available to speak by phone or meet in person as needed. In the course of a regular IUI cycle, however, I do not see her. I do, however, feel that Dr. Hopeman pushes IVF somewhat.
Be very clear with her about what your boundaries are in terms of types of treatments you are willing to consider, and tell her what level of detail you would like in terms of scientific information about diagnosis, testing, and treatment.
Dr. Hopeman is very caring and treats me like a person, but I generally only see nurses when I go in for monitoring and IUIs. Over nine visits I saw seven or eight different nurses. The lack of continuity in nursing care made me feel like a number in many of my daily interactions at the clinic.
My first two cycles with Dr. Hopeman I had baseline ultrasound monitoring on cycle day 3, took letrozole (10mg) from cycle day 3 - 7, went in on cycle day 11 for a monitoring ultrasound, triggered that night (ovidrel) for IUI the morning of cycle day 13. I used progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase. My next cycle I will have estradiol measured on day 3, try clomid instead of letrozole, wait until cycle 12 for monitoring, and double the dose of ovidrel for triggering. The morning of the IUI and the following morning I will have progesterone measured to check the timing of ovulation, and I will again take progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase.
Each nurse I interacted with seemed competent and friendly, but over the course of nine visits, I believe I met with eight different nurses. The lack of continuity was a huge problem for me, and made me feel a bit like part of an assembly line. I felt that because the nurses didn't know me and my medical situation personally their clinical judgments were based on their experiences overall, and were not tailored to my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care. I do however think that the treatment provided is high quality and the facilities are fantastic.
An IUI cycle cost approximately $1,500 (including drugs), without insurance coverage.
No comments.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman is very smart, and this is where some of the compassion and relations is lost a bit. I can see she wants the best but has a tough time communicating that. Although our processes were based off our situation and circumstances, our plans did seem to be heavily based on standard procedures...Make sure to ask specific questions, as I have left wondering what the next steps are. She is honest with her answers.
Somewhere in the middle- our doctor is so smart she is more facts based.
Strategies were based off of the male infertility factor and the positive response my body had to medicines. None of the 5 IuIs or one IVF cycle worked so it is hard to say whether this was best for our situation
Overall I really appreciated the nursing staff. They were almost all compassionate and knowledgeable. It was a bummer that I have a different nurse just about every time I visit. I had one encounter where there was some sort of miscommunication on the date of my FET which was concerning and the nurse blamed it on me that it was my misunderstanding where I did not feel that was appropriate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM is a very busy clinic. It can be difficult to get appointments at the time convenient for you since you visit so many times per cycle. They do a nice job making sure you fully understand the IVF process. Once you are at the clinic it is usually pretty quick at getting you in and out. I think clinics like CRM should consider adding an infertility psychologist.
17k for IVF cycle including medicine. Roughly 1.5k for iui cycles. Not sure specifically how much an ultrasound, blood work, and other routine visits cost. Trial transfer and saline test roughly $600. Will be between 4-6k for FET
The clinic as a whole is very against multiple embryo transfer- so she was the same way.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Hopeman takes the time to answer questions and offer information. I never feel rushed when speaking with her. She presents statistics and information but never pushes protocols. She is very kind and compassionate. ... Dr Hopeman takes time to explain all procedures carefully, patiently and in great detail. She is very kind when delivering difficult news. ... Communication seems very efficient between nursing staff and Drs. [CRMM]
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
She's a great Dr. I highly recommend her.
Clomid 50 mg -6 cycles with IUI (2 IUIs), Ovidrell trigger for both IUIs - both had negative results. 4 Cycles cancelled due to follicles being on blocked side, cyst IVF - micro lupron flare protocol Due to age 8 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos - pgs testing indicated all embryos had multiple chromasomal defects Egg donor cycle starting soon
All were wonderful. Very kind and provided needed information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All nursing staff and ultrasound techs are wonderful. Wait time is quite minimal. I have never had to spend much time in the waiting room. Nursing staff return messages in a timely fashion and take the time to explain things. Communication seems very efficient between nursing staff and Drs.
IVF - $25000
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Marwas very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.... She suggested injectables and clomid leading up to the IUI. She wanted to make sure there were enough eggs and increase the chances of a pregnancy. She also explained the risks of having multiples when a higher number of eggs developed.
She was very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.
Know that she is going to care about you and is there for any questions or concerns.
She took time to answer my concerns and called me to explain my options so I had time to make an educated decision.
They were warm and welcoming and made sure to answer my questions and give me the best care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are a specialty clinic so they know what they are doing and are organized. They only have appointments during the day so it can sometimes be difficult to work around a work schedule but they try to be as accommodating as they can.
My insurance didn’t cover any of the costs until I hit my deductible.
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman was a breath of fresh air. She listened and hear us all while wanting the best results for us. We were not just a number and felt like she catered the treatment to our specific case...She did one treatment that didn't work so we cancelled it before we got too far, she made some adjustments and that resulted in a good number of eggs and a good quality...She listened to our story and was very compassionate. She made sure we stuck to our plan and spoke to us all along the way. She even called to make sure we were doing well through the process
After leaving RMIA due to not trusting them anymore or feeling heard, Dr. Hopeman was a breath of fresh air. She listened and hear us all while wanting the best results for us. We were not just a number and felt like she catered the treatment to our specific case.
Tell her your whole story and be honest because she is ready to help you figure out the best plan for you.
She listened to our story and was very compassionate. She made sure we stuck to our plan and spoke to us all along the way. She even called to make sure we were doing well through the process.
They were great, the clinic was so big so I didn't get to know any of them well. I had many different nurses, but never had a problem.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Great staff and doctors, everyone knew their stuff and were friendly. They even showed us a trick with the pen stating that there is more medicine that the pen actually has which saved us money. Sometimes I would have to wait longer than 15 minutes to get in which was frustrating.
They were fairly comparable to other clinics.

3 IUI, IVF
You will really like her [Dr. Meg Hopeman] she’s very kind caring person...I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
3 IUI, IVF
I feel she was a good provider. I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
You will really like her she’s very kind caring person.
Some of the staff that were nurses were really good. Others weren’t very kind at all didn’t really pay attention to your chart had wrong cycle dates and lacks compassion
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I feel it’s a friendly clinic. I just feel trying to get a hold of people like the nursing staff is very very hard to do you always have to leave messages.I feel the front desk girls are really nice and they were amazing at scheduling appointments. I feel that you should be able to pick what days appointments work best for you during your work schedule especially if it falls on a weekend they don’t always like you doing
I feel that it’s pretty expensive to be able to see them. You have to take out loans in order to proceed with IVF Because most insurances won’t cover things you have to have a financial plan and it’s expensive to receive help in order to get pregnant