4.7

nurse available by email
Meg Hopeman works at

2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Dr Hopeman has a pleasant manner. She's compassionate and always sounds sincere but we did not get the results she so hopefully made us believe we would. She failed to listen to us every step of the way...She was against any testing up front...She negates every suggestion I have...it cost us hugely...near impossible to get to talk to the Dr herself...She failed to get all the information up front
The [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] clinic has a large reputation...Patients feel like a name in a chart. It feels like a revolving door. It's impossible to get questions answered quickly and easily. Everyone has a different version of things...They're chronically 20 minutes behind for every appointment. Appointment times are absolutely terrible and inflexible for working people.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Hopeman has a pleasant manner. She's compassionate and always sounds sincere but we did not get the results she so hopefully made us believe we would. She failed to listen to us every step of the way. She was against any testing up front, claiming it wasn't necessary as it wasn't indicated.. how can she know that without doing the tests and ruling things out?! I finally had tests run to rule out issues AFTER a completely failed round of IVF. She negates every suggestion I have that I've learned from research and talking with others in similar circumstances. She failed to get all the information up front, before investing our entire one chance on a blind trial and it cost us hugely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Advocate for yourself and stick to your guns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
there is very little communication about the plan, the results, the reasons for why things went like they did. There's no explanations, unless I specifically ask. I'm not called or checked up on. I rarely get responses. I always feel rushed and never feel listened to.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I used menopur, gonal F, ganirelix, and omnitrope (the human growth hormone). I started on low dose menopur but increased slightly throughout stims. It was believed I had PCOS (tested AFTER failed IVF to find out I DONT!), so my doses were kept low to avoid OHSS. I stimmed for 9 days and triggered day 9 when my largest follicle was 21mm. I had several small but mature follicles that ended up not being large enough to produce viable eggs. I triggered with an intramuscular.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dana Geving)
we felt really good meeting our nurse but quickly learned that she often failed to respond to emails or would take several days to respond. She only ever once reached out to check in on me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has a large reputation but it comes with large corporate practices. Patients feel like a name in a chart. It feels like a revolving door. It's impossible to get questions answered quickly and easily. Everyone has a different version of things so it's really confusing to know what's true or what's happening. They're chronically 20 minutes behind for every appointment. Appointment times are absolutely terrible and inflexible for working people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They were only done within a range of hours in the morning. The times absolutely did not work with my work schedule and they were unwilling to bend their flexibility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We spent around $2500 total for a round of IUI that ended in a chemical. We moved to IVF and spent about $28,000, including $2500 for PGS testing. IVF completely failed so we finally ran a whole panel of tests coming to another few thousand. We also electively spent $1100 for HGH.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
we only ended up having 1 day 5 embryo to even transfer but we planned to only do 1 this time anyway because our insurance coverage only covered a single.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I feel like I was always in the dark. I often didn't get test results and when I did, they were rarely explained. They were told to me as if I were a doctor and would understand. And more often than not, each person I spoke with had something drastically different to say. This happened always between the nurses and Dr Hopeman, but it was near impossible to get to talk to the Dr herself.
Minneapolis

I never got to talk to my doctor...I had no idea what my treatment should look like or why- I just kept calling and going in for baselines month after month with no results and no feedback....Meg [Dr. Hopeman] was compassionate on the first meeting and very hopeful. Then, I only saw her twice in 6 moths of treatment. Didn't see her again till I cried and said I was going to another clinic. Thr treatment plan wasn't explained further and I just kept going back in for more IUIs
Very disorganized. I sat in the office [Ctr for Reprod Med of Mininnesota] on more than one occasion waiting to be called back after checking in, and turned out that my file had just been sitting on the desk, never taken back to the nurses. Almost never got called back when leaving messages for the nurseline, and they didn't stagger staff so there was never anyone working over the lunch hour....Costs for treatment were very reasonable compared to other clinics.
Meg was compassionate on the first meeting and very hopeful. Then, I only saw her twice in 6 moths of treatment. Didn't see her again till I cried and said I was going to another clinic. Thr treatment plan wasn't explained further and I just kept going back in for more IUIs even though there was no regroup to see why nothing was happening.
You need to ask specially to have her call you, or you will never hear from her again and will have a new nurse every time you enter the clinic.
No rational for any treatment. I used letrozole 3 times/day for multiple IUIs, then changed to Gonal f 300 for the last two.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
You had a different nurse every time you came into the clinic. I honestly maybe saw one nurse more than one time. Felt very businesslike and impersonal. The nurses themselves were all nice, but none seemed to have any answers to any of my questions and I always left confused.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Very disorganized. I sat in the office on more than one occasion waiting to be called back after checking in, and turned out that my file had just been sitting on the desk, never taken back to the nurses. Almost never got called back when leaving messages for the nurseline, and they didn't stagger staff so there was never anyone working over the lunch hour.
Costs for treatment were very reasonable compared to other clinics. You get what you pay for though.
This place was a mess. My new clinic never got the records we asked for, so had to get all new labs done. Nurses constantly gave conflicting info and next to never spoke with the doctor. Appointments were usually running late, but that was to be expected.
Minneapolis
You will really like her [Dr. Meg Hopeman] she’s very kind caring person...I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
Some of the staff that were nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] were really good. Others weren’t very kind at all didn’t really pay attention to your chart had wrong cycle dates and lacks compassion...the first IUI Didn’t work because ovulation was missed but yet we still proceeded with going through with inseminating...You’d have to constantly leave messages you would never be able to speak to somebody live.
I feel she was a good provider. I feel she has a fresh brain since she’s new to the clinic. I do wish that I’d had more communication with her. It was a lot more communicating with the nurses instead of the actual provider. I think she’s a very very down to earth provider and makes a good connection with each patient.
You will really like her she’s very kind caring person.
Some of the staff that were nurses were really good. Others weren’t very kind at all didn’t really pay attention to your chart had wrong cycle dates and lacks compassion
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I feel it’s a friendly clinic. I just feel trying to get a hold of people like the nursing staff is very very hard to do you always have to leave messages.I feel the front desk girls are really nice and they were amazing at scheduling appointments. I feel that you should be able to pick what days appointments work best for you during your work schedule especially if it falls on a weekend they don’t always like you doing
I feel that it’s pretty expensive to be able to see them. You have to take out loans in order to proceed with IVF Because most insurances won’t cover things you have to have a financial plan and it’s expensive to receive help in order to get pregnant
When I first started my process. They had the wrong cycle day. So they didn’t have the correct data needed for proper documentation on where I was that in my cycle. Which caused me to miss ovulation so the first IUI Didn’t work because ovulation was missed but yet we still proceeded with going through with inseminating. The nursing staff wasn’t very friendly. You’d have to constantly leave messages you would never be able to speak to somebody live.