4.5

Meg Hopeman works at

2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[nurse of Center of Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] They walk you through each part of the process and give knowledgeable answers to your questions...The staff is friendly and have everything you need ready to sign when you arrive. Service is prompt and often times if you show up for bloodwork a little before your appointment, they can squeeze you in early. Children are not permitted in the waiting area due to privacy reasons.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Meg Hopeman has a calm, cool nature about her. She makes you feel calm in the storm of infertility. She is blunt but gentle when talking about treatments. She makes you feel optimistic but gently reinforces the realities that come with infertility. One downfall is that she was only there for the post treatment ultrasounds. She did not perform any of the procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Hopeman will likely not be the one performing your procedures but she has always been around to answer questions via phone or in person consultation. Even after not seeing me for a few months, when I called she was still knowledgeable about my situation. If you are ok with her not being there for procedures but keeping in touch to follow up, I would highly recommend Meg Hopeman
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
From the moment I stepped in to Meg Hopeman’s office, I felt a sense of calm in the ever brewing storm of infertility. Right away, she had reviewed all the information and had a plan laid out for us. She was cautiously optimistic. Each cycle of IUI, she was present and ready to answer questions, following up after each miscarriage to see how I was coping and letting me know, she was ready when I was.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
During our initial consultation, Dr. Hopeman said she liked to start with the least invasive procedures first. Based on the test results given to her by my primary care doctor and by my gynecologist, she determined that starting with Clomid and an IUI procedure would be best since based on the test results there was no reason I shouldn’t be getting pregnant. Since January 2019, I have had 3 IUI’s and a surprise pregnancy. Two of the IUI’s resulted in a miscarriage and one in a negative pregnancy test. The surprise pregnancy also resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
From the beginning, the nursing staff was great! They walk you through each part of the process and give knowledgeable answers to your questions. Like many others who have gone before me, my treatments were unsuccessful. During the discovery of this, the nursing staff was so kind and gentle. Handing me tissues to wipe away my tears and a hug at the end of the appointment. They also followed up with resources a few days later to help me navigate my grief.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The whole fourth floor of the building is taken by the different aspects of the Center for Reproductive Medicine, from the ultrasound rooms to the male androgyny labs.The waiting room greets you as soon as you step off the elevator and is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and have everything you need ready to sign when you arrive. Service is prompt and often times if you show up for bloodwork a little before your appointment, they can squeeze you in early. Children are not permitted in the waiting area due to privacy reasons.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My husband and I are fortunate to have insurance to help cover a majority of the costs with our IUI’s. Totaling meds, the procedure and the subsequent D&C’s needed after my miscarriages, I would estimate that we spent around $4,000 in 2019.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
At this moment, this is not an option we have discussed.
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner.... We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering.
The clinic [Center for Repro Med of MN] is located in a busier part of town, which isn't always convenient at rush hour times. Overall, the clinic is very nice and is clean. Occasionally the front desk staff isn't always the most kind to overly emotional patients.... Overall, the nursing staff at the clinic did a great job. I saw difference nurses at each appointment, but they were always willing to answer all questions I had.
Dr. Hopeman did a great job explaining what to expect with every appointment we had with her. She went into great detail explaining each part of the process and trying to make whatever we chose work for our plan and our schedule. She constantly reviewed our chart, and made changes as she saw fit. I was always updated with the plan in a timely manner. Scheduling appointments was easy, and convenient.
Go in with as many questions as possible. She will answer all of them!
During my visits, Dr. Hopeman remembered who I was, and what we had talked about. She did a great job making us feel like we mattered, and offering all of her best thoughts and opinions for our care. She made us feel reassured that it was definitely possible for us to have children.
We began using Clomid with IUI. Our ultrasounds had to be adjusted based off ovulating before triggering. After 3 cycles with Clomid, we sat down with her to discuss moving on to IVF or trying IUI with injectables. Both options were presented very clearly, and also presented us with multiple reasons why we could try either option. After laying out all of the reasons for each, we tried doing IUI with injectables. She was very willing to do however many cycles we chose to do, and move on to IVF whenever we felt comfortable. She often adjusted meds based off of response for desired effect with great stim results.
Overall, the nursing staff at the clinic did a great job. I saw difference nurses at each appointment, but they were always willing to answer all questions I had. If they were not able to answer, they always asked Dr. Hopeman in a timely manner, and called with the answer that day. They were very compassionate and empathetic towards me at all appointments.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is located in a busier part of town, which isn't always convenient at rush hour times. Overall, the clinic is very nice and is clean. Occasionally the front desk staff isn't always the most kind to overly emotional patients.
I had some insurance coverage, so I am unsure of all associated costs. Doing some research before hand, costs seem pretty inline with other clinics in the area.
For our IVF cycle, she has a strong preference of transferring only 1 embryo because of the risks involved with multiples, and being young.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] is very knowledgeable about her field of information. She was able To draw a uterus upside down to show us the process of stuff. Very down to earth person, comes out to the waiting room and gets her own pts...She is only wanting to transfer one embryo as my husband and I are both at risk for twins and we are only 30...At our first consult she googled where we were from, because she didn’t know our town. She asked me and my husband questions about our jobs. She has called me multiple times her self with my lab results
Price [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] seems with in average cost range. Billing department does a great job!...Easy to get to. I hate driving in the cities, but it’s an easy location and they send you directions. Lobby is very nice and relaxing. There is a little lack of communication with the registration staff and nurses as I hit traffic one day and was running late and I called but the front desk for got to tell the nurses...
She is very knowledgeable about her field of information. She was able To draw a uterus upside down to show us the process of stuff. Very down to earth person, comes out to the waiting room and gets her own pts
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We are doing IVF
We may see a different nurse each time but they have all taken the time to get to know me better
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Price seems with in average cost range. Billing department does a great job!
Minneapolis

My experiences with Dr. Hopeman have been largely positive. As a scientist myself, I appreciate receiving highly detailed information on my labwork, diagnosis, treatment, etc. Dr. Hopeman has been willing to provide these detailed explanations in a compassionate way. She has been available to speak by phone or meet in person as needed. In the course of a regular IUI cycle, however, I do not see her. I do, however, feel that Dr. Hopeman pushes IVF somewhat.
I think this clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care.... Each nurse I interacted with seemed competent and friendly, but over the course of nine visits, I believe I met with eight different nurses. The lack of continuity was a huge problem for me, and made me feel a bit like part of an assembly line. I felt that because the nurses didn't know me and my medical situation personally their clinical judgments were based on their experiences overall, and were not tailored to my situation.
Be very clear with her about what your boundaries are in terms of types of treatments you are willing to consider, and tell her what level of detail you would like in terms of scientific information about diagnosis, testing, and treatment.
Dr. Hopeman is very caring and treats me like a person, but I generally only see nurses when I go in for monitoring and IUIs. Over nine visits I saw seven or eight different nurses. The lack of continuity in nursing care made me feel like a number in many of my daily interactions at the clinic.
My first two cycles with Dr. Hopeman I had baseline ultrasound monitoring on cycle day 3, took letrozole (10mg) from cycle day 3 - 7, went in on cycle day 11 for a monitoring ultrasound, triggered that night (ovidrel) for IUI the morning of cycle day 13. I used progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase. My next cycle I will have estradiol measured on day 3, try clomid instead of letrozole, wait until cycle 12 for monitoring, and double the dose of ovidrel for triggering. The morning of the IUI and the following morning I will have progesterone measured to check the timing of ovulation, and I will again take progesterone suppositories during the luteal phase.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think this clinic is geared towards IVF patients, and, as someone undergoing IUI cycles, I felt a bit of a second-class citizen. The clinic set up did not enable me to feel that I was receiving personalized care. I do however think that the treatment provided is high quality and the facilities are fantastic.
An IUI cycle cost approximately $1,500 (including drugs), without insurance coverage.
No comments.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
With one of my cycles I had a cyst, and I received conflicting information from a nurse and from my doctor about risks vs. benefits of proceeding with the cycle. At the point of triggering for that cycle, it was also unclear if the larger follicle was the cyst or a new follicle, and again I received conflicting information on this. I also requested specific bloodwork that was not performed and I had to request it a second time.
Minneapolis
Dr. Hopeman is very smart, and this is where some of the compassion and relations is lost a bit. I can see she wants the best but has a tough time communicating that. Although our processes were based off our situation and circumstances, our plans did seem to be heavily based on standard procedures...Make sure to ask specific questions, as I have left wondering what the next steps are. She is honest with her answers.
17k for IVF cycle including medicine. Roughly 1.5k for iui cycles [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...CRM is a very busy clinic. It can be difficult to get appointments at the time convenient for you since you visit so many times per cycle. They do a nice job making sure you fully understand the IVF process. Once you are at the clinic it is usually pretty quick at getting you in and out. I think clinics like CRM should consider adding an infertility psychologist.
Somewhere in the middle- our doctor is so smart she is more facts based.
Strategies were based off of the male infertility factor and the positive response my body had to medicines. None of the 5 IuIs or one IVF cycle worked so it is hard to say whether this was best for our situation
Overall I really appreciated the nursing staff. They were almost all compassionate and knowledgeable. It was a bummer that I have a different nurse just about every time I visit. I had one encounter where there was some sort of miscommunication on the date of my FET which was concerning and the nurse blamed it on me that it was my misunderstanding where I did not feel that was appropriate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
17k for IVF cycle including medicine. Roughly 1.5k for iui cycles. Not sure specifically how much an ultrasound, blood work, and other routine visits cost. Trial transfer and saline test roughly $600. Will be between 4-6k for FET
The clinic as a whole is very against multiple embryo transfer- so she was the same way.
Like I mentioned earlier, I received a specific date for FET transfer. When I received my packet in the mail the dates were different. I am positive I had the dates correct on the phone because I wrote them down as she talked. Where things went wrong I am not sure.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Marwas very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.... She suggested injectables and clomid leading up to the IUI. She wanted to make sure there were enough eggs and increase the chances of a pregnancy. She also explained the risks of having multiples when a higher number of eggs developed.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of MN] are a specialty clinic so they know what they are doing and are organized. They only have appointments during the day so it can sometimes be difficult to work around a work schedule but they try to be as accommodating as they can.... There was a mix up in the day I was going to meet with my doctor and she wasn’t actually available. The staff went to talk with the doctor right away to get it figured out and the doctor offered to call me rather than having me come back in for an appointment.
She was very kind and knowledgeable. She cares for her patients and explains all the options. She was open with the risks and took time to answer any questions or concerns. When setbacks came up she was quick to work with me to figure out the best option.
Know that she is going to care about you and is there for any questions or concerns.
She took time to answer my concerns and called me to explain my options so I had time to make an educated decision.
They were warm and welcoming and made sure to answer my questions and give me the best care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are a specialty clinic so they know what they are doing and are organized. They only have appointments during the day so it can sometimes be difficult to work around a work schedule but they try to be as accommodating as they can.
My insurance didn’t cover any of the costs until I hit my deductible.