4.4

U Penn

Meg Hopeman works in 1 office at

2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407

I was incredibly impressed with her[Dr. Meg Hopeman] knowledge, care and willingness to walk us through all and any questions we had...after looking over our files she was able to see that in fact, my husband had low motility and numbers...our scheduled IVF cycle has been cancelled [due to covid]...[new patient advice] Come with your list of questions, but be prepared to have them all answered
We have had an incredibly experience with our Nursing Staff [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], as we have had to call quite a bit for reschedules, updates, questions, etc during COVID-19. They have been understanding, compassionate and helpful...We were quoted $11,500 for 1 round of IVF and embryo preservation. This did not include ICSI or med costs...[clinic error]I do feel like there is a lack of communication between front desk staff and the nurses / care team
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Because our scheduled IVF cycle has been cancelled, we can't give a full review of our experience with Dr. Hopeman yet - but I can say that I was incredibly impressed with her knowledge, care and willingness to walk us through all and any questions we had. We are hopeful that our cycle gets rescheduled soon and we can restart care under Dr. Hopeman.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Come with your list of questions, but be prepared to have them all answered before you can even ask them! Take a breath and know that you are in the right place.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
After 2 1/2 years of trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 8 months of hormones with our local OBGYN - we were excited to travel to Minneapolis and get an infertility consult with Dr. Hopeman. We had been told up to this point that we had unexplained infertility. Minutes after looking over our files she was able to see that in fact, my husband had low motility and numbers - and was sad to see our local OB had even done the IUIs in the first place. She treated us with kindness and compassion - and never disrespected our OBGYN, even though she had found their errors. We knew immediately that she was the Doctor for us moving forward into IVF.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Our plan, before the cycle got canceled, was to use ICSI - because of male factor infertility - and the following protocals: - One month of birth control prep (end of March into April) - April 18th start Lupron (20 units AM) - April 28th start Follistim (225 iu SQ PM) Lupron (5 units AM) Menopur (75 iu SQ AM) - Possible egg retrieval between May 7 - 10th - Possible transfer week of May 11th Obviously, these dates no longer apply and we are waiting for a re-schedule date when the clinics reopen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We have had an incredibly experience with our Nursing Staff, as we have had to call quite a bit for reschedules, updates, questions, etc during COVID-19. They have been understanding, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
On our first visit, we were impressed with the appearance of the clinic - spacious, updated, a beautiful waiting room with large windows and comfortable seating. Our first impression was great. While we have been thrilled with our entire care team experience at CRM, there have been a few times when front desk workers have been a bit short with their responses. We have found it is easier to call the Nurse Line directly than to call and ask scheduling or front desk with any questions. I'm sure they are stressed out and inundated with calls during COVID-19 - but I would have appreciated a bit more care with our calls and questions. To us, this time feels anxious and scary - we're angry, heartbroken and confused. It would help to have front desk staff that acknowledges how hard this time is for their patients and doesn't get frustrated with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Specifically due to COVID-19: Our cycle appointments were slated to begin right as COVID-19 amped up in MN and unfortunately, we had to call several times to get updates ourselves and find out our RN consult was cancelled. I understand how hard and stressful this has been for clinics, so I don't want this to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth looking for a possible clinic. However, I do feel like there is a lack of communication between front desk staff and the nurses / care team. I am constantly being told I cannot email or contact my Doctor by the main desk - but the Nurse line is more than willing to communicate with me and our Doctor. We continuously were told by the front desk that our appointments were fine - until we finally called the Nurse line and were informed that they were actually all cancelled and that someone should have called us. I want to stress that our experience has been nothing but excellent outside of this situation - which I am sure is due to the extreme changes COVID-19 is causing.
Minneapolis

We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. ... Male factor: one natural IUI, 2 IUIs with clomid, one IUI with femara, one IUI with injectables. One IVF retrieval, resulted in 2 embryos. ... There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for
It [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me. ... There was one time where i needed a refill of a medication and it was not called into the pharmacy on time. I was able to get an emergency refill. However in the years i've been going there, this has only happened once.
We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for even if the current cycle didn't work. After failed cycles, she has come back with thoughtful insights on what happened and what our options were going forward.
Take the time to understand the full extent of her knowledge! I recommend taking notes to keep everything organized.
She always remembered my current situation, and would ask me about details in my personal life. She was always thoughtful and took lots of time to explain things to me and my husband.
They are all nice and willing to take any questions I had back to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me.
Unsure.
Minneapolis

She is caring and thorough. After calling and leaving questions with the office, Dr. Hopeman has personally called me back twice to address my concerns. She seems to legitimately care. She wants to ensure that I understand fully what is going on with my treatment. ... She was present at a radiology procedure at different location from the regular clinic at which I had not expected her to be there. I do not feel rushed at our appointments.
My one real critique would be with a couple of issues I've had with billing [Ctr for Repro Med of MN]. It has all been worked out eventually, but confusion has been caused by bills being sent for services already paid for. We paid in clinic yet received a bill in the mail several days later. ... One of the ladies cheered me up one day when she complimented my purse and we had a chat about it.
She is caring and thorough. After calling and leaving questions with the office, Dr. Hopeman has personally called me back twice to address my concerns. She seems to legitimately care. She wants to ensure that I understand fully what is going on with my treatment. I like that she draws out illustrations to help me get it. I keep a binder with all the info we have talked about; looking back after several appts I noticed the drawings again and it made me chuckle, both because I was amused and also that it reminded me of our conversations. She is endearing.
Come prepared, dont hesitate to ask or clarify anything, including costs and risks.
She's easy to talk to and listens very well. She is willing to explain and elaborate on any questions or concerns I have had. She was present at a radiology procedure at different location from the regular clinic at which I had not expected her to be there. I do not feel rushed at our appointments.
We started out with testing to find out what the cause of our infertility was. Her treatment recommendation was to start off with IUI. There was no issue with my husband's sperm or function, I had plenty of follicles, but they were not maturing or releasing. We started with 5 days of letrozole, followed by an injection of ovidrel to help release an egg. First two rounds we did timed intercourse, but the letrozole and ovidrel doses were increased for the second round. 3rd round we did IUI. 4th round was iui again, but added Follistim on cycle days 9-11, as well as progesterone capsules vaginally twice a day starting the day after the iui. We are currently in the 2 week wait to see about this recent round. Follicle growth has been monitored throughout by internal ultrasound (Husband calls it getting wanded, lol). Typically baseline ultrasound day 3-5 of cycle, then a growth ultrasound on day 12, then an additional ultrasound 2 or 3 days later prior to triggering. If negative pregnancy test again for the most recent round, we will likely switch from letrozole to clomid for 1 more round, then take a pause and consider how to move forward.
The nursing staff has been fantastic overall. The one miscommunication we have had was during the first round of timed intercourse, we were told to take a pregnancy test 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks after. Ended up getting my period before I took the pregnancy test. There are 3 main nurses I have dealt with on the roughly 15 visits I have had with the clinic. They are all great, but I do have my favorite, mostly because she is really enthusiastic and chats with me, which helps me feel enthusiastic and hopeful as well.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The coffee in the waiting room is not good. Parking in the ramp next to the clinic is easy and free. Clean, nice, and welcoming. Scheduling and other front end staff are accommodating and personable. One of the ladies cheered me up one day when she complimented my purse and we had a chat about it. My one real critique would be with a couple of issues I've had with billing. It has all been worked out eventually, but confusion has been caused by bills being sent for services already paid for. We paid in clinic yet received a bill in the mail several days later. Called and it was cleared up but still caused me anxiety. Another time I paid a bill online, but apparently picked the wrong clinic (sister clinic across town). Again caused anxiety and confusion. Had to call to correct. Was told it would take a couple of weeks to process but would be corrected. Was told it happens frequently when paying online.
Just dealing with iui, not ivf, including treatment, monitoring and meds, it has been over $2000 per cycle. This has been all out of pocket for us, since my insurance through my employer does not cover fertility treatment.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Due to our current treatment regimen, we have not yet had that conversation with Dr. Hopeman.
Minneapolis

We are still early in our treatment. One cancelled IUI and starting our second cycle with her [Meg Hopeman]. She’s been wonderful. She was very thorough in our consult and answered all of our questions. She didn’t push us towards any treatment. Gave us all the information and let us know she thought IUI was the best route but was never pushy...During our consult she had a very warm personality. She thoroughly explained everything and answered all of our questions. When I over responded to clomid she personally called me to talk about how we couldn’t move forward with the IUI. She told me she knew this wasn’t the news I wanted to hear and seemed very empathetic.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] for is always very knowledgeable and professional. They clearly communicate the plan and also let me know when I need to wait for word from my doctor to move forward with treatment...They have weekend hours which is great. I did have to go on Labor Day and it was super clear some of the staff didn’t want to be there, but that has been my only negative interactions with the staff there.
We are still early in our treatment. One cancelled IUI and starting our second cycle with her. She’s been wonderful. She was very thorough in our consult and answered all of our questions. She didn’t push us towards any treatment. Gave us all the information and let us know she thought IUI was the best route but was never pushy.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
I came to her clinic with one failed IUI through my OBGYN. We do a baseline ultrasound, clomid, a follow up ultrasound to determine my response to the meds, then schedule the IUI and blood test. I only had one follicle with 50 mg of clomid so she bumped my dosage to 100mg. She adjusted me from day 5-9 to day 3-7. When I over responded to 100 mg of clomid she reduced my dosage back down to 50 mg. That IUI was cancelled due to 6 mature follicles. This cycle I was also offered femera if I felt the side effects of clomid were too difficult. They let me decide to stay on clomid since I don’t find the side effects to be too terrible and we know I respond to them. Just waiting on my follow up ultrasound and instructions on when to give myself the ovidrel injection.
The nursing staff is always very knowledgeable and professional. They clearly communicate the plan and also let me know when I need to wait for word from my doctor to move forward with treatment.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I don’t have the specifics in front of me, but the costs were broken down very clearly. My insurance offers $5000 in fertility benefits (NOT for IVF) and I will be able to do at least 3 IUIs with that.
Minneapolis

Dr. Hopeman treated my partner and I with empathy and respect. She carefully explained results and answered all questions without judgment. While we haven’t had success yet I feel she is rooting for us while also giving us reasonable expectations of what our results mean. ... Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
At this clinic you do not often see your provider. Dr. Hopeman was great at getting back to us with any questions, so while we may not have seen her I never felt like we are a number. She does a really great job at explaining results and also explaining areas of the process where there just isn’t enough research. Her overall approach is very warm. I highly highly recommend her.
If you have a question just ask- she is great at explaining the process
IUI with follistem
Most of the nurses are great; however, some at times can be a little less understanding and can seem rushed or less willing to explain results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
This is a great clinic overall. They have set times when they do things so you often have to plan your day around that. The main area of weakness is you can’t speak to nursing staff directly, instead you have to leave a message. They are great at getting back within 24 hours or less and calling during set times (as in times you know you would be available). It can be a little stressful though if you do miss the call as you then will need to leave a message again.
Insurance covered most except medications.
Minneapolis

She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind...is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
For an FET it runs about $5000 [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]...The strengths is that you don’t have to wait a long time from your appointment time. Dr. Hopeman truly had compassion. You could always get an appointment time when you needed it. The weakness, you feel shuffled around and just a number. There is a lack of empathy from the entire staff. You’re dealing with super broken and vulnerable people, so it would be nice to feel welcomed.
I think Dr. Hopeman is very sincere, kind and compassionate, but CRM as a whole treats you like just a number. She listened, answered questions, and gave us a sense of hope during our FET cycle. She took the time to go over what the FET would look like, and gave us a recommendation on whether or not to transfer one or two embryos.
Bring a notebook full of questions to ask during the consultation.
She was very kind and compassionate. We had a natural pregnancy before our transfer, which resulted in the stillbirth of our son Louis at 25 weeks. She was very kind.
Birth Control for three weeks, Lupron, then Etrace, then PIO shots
They are pretty cold. I did have one during my lining check that was very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
For an FET it runs about $5000.
She said after a stillborn experience, we should only transfer one.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Hopeman takes the time to answer questions and offer information. I never feel rushed when speaking with her. She presents statistics and information but never pushes protocols. She is very kind and compassionate. ... Dr Hopeman takes time to explain all procedures carefully, patiently and in great detail. She is very kind when delivering difficult news. ... Communication seems very efficient between nursing staff and Drs. [CRMM]
Wait time is quite minimal. I have never had to spend much time in the waiting room. Nursing staff return messages in a timely fashion and take the time to explain things. Communication seems very efficient between nursing staff and Drs. ... All nursing staff and ultrasound techs are wonderful. ... All [nursing staff] were wonderful. Very kind and provided needed information. ... IVF - $25000
She's a great Dr. I highly recommend her.
Clomid 50 mg -6 cycles with IUI (2 IUIs), Ovidrell trigger for both IUIs - both had negative results. 4 Cycles cancelled due to follicles being on blocked side, cyst IVF - micro lupron flare protocol Due to age 8 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos - pgs testing indicated all embryos had multiple chromasomal defects Egg donor cycle starting soon
All were wonderful. Very kind and provided needed information.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
All nursing staff and ultrasound techs are wonderful. Wait time is quite minimal. I have never had to spend much time in the waiting room. Nursing staff return messages in a timely fashion and take the time to explain things. Communication seems very efficient between nursing staff and Drs.
IVF - $25000
Minneapolis
Dr. Hopeman was a breath of fresh air. She listened and hear us all while wanting the best results for us. We were not just a number and felt like she catered the treatment to our specific case...She did one treatment that didn't work so we cancelled it before we got too far, she made some adjustments and that resulted in a good number of eggs and a good quality...She listened to our story and was very compassionate. She made sure we stuck to our plan and spoke to us all along the way. She even called to make sure we were doing well through the process
[The nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine] were great, the clinic was so big so I didn't get to know any of them well. I had many different nurses, but never had a problem...They were fairly comparable [in cost] to other clinics...Great staff and doctors, everyone knew their stuff and were friendly. They even showed us a trick with the pen stating that there is more medicine that the pen actually has which saved us money. Sometimes I would have to wait longer than 15 minutes to get in which was frustrating.
After leaving RMIA due to not trusting them anymore or feeling heard, Dr. Hopeman was a breath of fresh air. She listened and hear us all while wanting the best results for us. We were not just a number and felt like she catered the treatment to our specific case.
Tell her your whole story and be honest because she is ready to help you figure out the best plan for you.
She listened to our story and was very compassionate. She made sure we stuck to our plan and spoke to us all along the way. She even called to make sure we were doing well through the process.
They were great, the clinic was so big so I didn't get to know any of them well. I had many different nurses, but never had a problem.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They were fairly comparable to other clinics.
2022, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Hopeman] uses many words of encouragement such as willpower, patience and courage. In our discussions she uses these three words. she is a lady with very strong morals. I always believed that she made the fame for this center. often when we come to appointment she comes out of her office to welcome us at the portal with smile. at each stage of the treatment. she takes care to explain everything to us.
My family doctor who refer me to this [Center for Reproduction Medicine] clinic told me she have refer many people who get satisfaction. I believe that clinic is good one. I can advice a new patient to go there. The reception and the availability of nurses show a good organization. In terms of work , each nurses has her specialty.
The doctor uses many words of encouragement such as willpower, patience and courage. In our discussions she uses these three words. she is a lady with very strong morals. I always believed that she made the fame for this center. often when we come to appointment she comes out of her office to welcome us at the portal with smile. at each stage of the treatment. she takes care to explain everything to us.
One piece of advice I will give a prospective patient of prospective patient of Meg HOPEMAN is . With the doctor Meg HOPEMAN we never fail.
I felt treated like a human because doctor HOPEMAN is very compassionate and determined to help us to get children.
I do not remember all. But. I remember that my wife takes the injection in the lower abdomen. she takes many medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: DeNae M...)
All the nurses who work with doctor HOPEMAM are helpful, especially madam DeNae.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My family doctor who refer me to this clinic told me she have refer many people who get satisfaction. I believe that clinic is good one. I can advice a new patient to go there. The reception and the availability of nurses show a good organization. In terms of work , each nurses has her specialty.
Please I do not remember.
It is my first experience the embryo for donor eggs. I propose two embryo transfer. but if doctor judge one embryo is good for us. No problem.