Medical SchoolU. of Washington
FellowshipU. of Utah
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Megan Link to a friend?

9.9

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The plan [with Dr. Megan Link] was definitely single embryo transfer. We felt like we were well educated on the risks of multiples and why they recommend single transfer. And then we had two poor morulas and we decided to transfer both. I really appreciated the flexibility and personalization that went into this joint decision making...I received personal calls from her when the results weren't what we wanted. She sat with me and listened to me and genuinely seemed to care about me and my experience...She was warm, caring, and a great communicator. I felt that she was very invested in us and our journey. She explained things well and co-partnered with us in each step. She wasn't pushy or aggressive. She gently explained what her recommendations were and WHY that was her recommendation. But decision making felt like a partnership (e.g. transferring 2 morulas on day 5 without PGS, despite the initial plan being a freeze, then transfer cycle)
Lisa [nurse at University of Utah] was very responsive and kind. She did a lot of the communication and teaching which was great...we worked very closely with the financial coordinator who was amazing...Long wait to get into our initial appointment. That was hard, because we had already waited so long to be ready to take that step. The clinic was wonderful in helping me schedule early morning visits so that I could get to work after. I spent a LOT of time there, so it was wonderful that they were as flexible as they could be...The plan was definitely single embryo transfer. We felt like we were well educated on the risks of multiples and why they recommend single transfer. And then we had two poor morulas and we decided to transfer both. I really appreciated the flexibility and personalization that went into this joint decision making.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Megan Link at University of Utah?
She is busy - so I felt really good about researching basic science and principles prior to the visit, then having much deeper, personalized discussions in our visits.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link was wonderful - I received personal calls from her when the results weren't what we wanted. She sat with me and listened to me and genuinely seemed to care about me and my experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa was very responsive and kind. She did a lot of the communication and teaching which was great.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Megan Link at University of Utah.
We were very lucky to have all costs covered by insurance. This is not something that the clinic had ever done before (we needed a gap exception from our insurance, as they were not in network), but we worked very closely with the financial coordinator who was amazing.
Describe Megan Link's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Megan Link at University of Utah.

2015 - 2019
[Dr. Megan Link] is very kind, has a good energy about her, and loves what she does. I have always felt she is looking out for me and my best interest...She is very knowledgeable and willing to share and ease fears, frustrations, struggles, and educate you on anything... She really pays attention to who you are, how you are doing, what is working and not working, thorough with her responses and the information provided, gives great counsel and instructions on steps to take and what to think about.
This clinic [University of Utah] is very clean and organized. They are a busier clinic but work to ensure your needs are met and if there are any hiccups or problems they make you aware of them. The staff work together to ensure the best quality care for everyone. They strive to recognize you and know who you are...They [nurses] are open and honest with findings, needs, and mapping out procedures and medications needed. They ensure you know what to expect and what your responsibilities are before you leave your appointments.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Megan is the second doctor we have had during our IVF journey. I was nervous at first when our initial doctor transferred to a different practice. I thought that no one could be equal or compare to the doctor we had to begin our journey. We met Megan and I can say that she is amazing. She is very similar to our initial doctor in many ways which was a huge comfort. Megan is very kind, has a good energy about her, and loves what she does. I have always felt she is looking out for me and my best interest. She watched closely the process and steps being taken making sure no changes need to be made in medications, etc. She has also shown compassion during the hard times such as, our miscarriage and our two failed Frozen Embryo Transfers. She has sent me messages expressing her sadness and pain at the different losses we have experienced. Megan has also been supportive when we have taken breaks and given ourselves time to grieve, breathe, and evaluate next steps.
My advice is to be honest about things and ask ALL questions, even if you think they are silly. Megan will not disappoint in her response. She is very knowledgeable and willing to share and ease fears, frustrations, struggles, and educate you on anything.
Megan is very personable and has a warm, upbeat personality. She really pays attention to who you are, how you are doing, what is working and not working, thorough with her responses and the information provided, gives great counsel and instructions on steps to take and what to think about. Megan gives realistic timelines and prepares you for all and any possible outcomes. She takes her time and works to do what is best for you. If I were a number, I feel, she would not take the time to be thorough and get to know you and share or discuss all and any questions or concerns you have. I have never felt rushed or as if she was in a hurry to get done. She is genuine in all she does.
Describe the protocols Megan Link used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
Estradiol - egg retrieval Estrace -- IVF Gonal F -- egg retrieval Lupron -- IVF - embyro transfer Progesterone -- IVF -- embryo transfer Ovidrel -- egg retrieval Cetrotide -- egg retrieval Menopur -- egg retrieval Saizen - egg retrieval Doxycycline -- egg retrieval-embryo transfer
The nursing staff is amazing and look out for you and your needs the entire time you are there and going through different procedures. They are very organized and work to ensure no further burdens on you as a patient. They are open and honest with findings, needs, and mapping out procedures and medications needed. They ensure you know what to expect and what your responsibilities are before you leave your appointments.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This clinic is very clean and organized. They are a busier clinic but work to ensure your needs are met and if there are any hiccups or problems they make you aware of them. The staff work together to ensure the best quality care for everyone. They strive to recognize you and know who you are.
$23,100 for one canceled round and one full round $2,550 for 7 IUI's $8,240 for embryo transfers $460 for semen/egg test $3,500 + for additional medications, office visits, unexpected procedures
We were completely educated about single vs multiple embryo transfers. From the beginning we came up with an overall plan on how we would move forward in using our embryos. This helped us to know what to expect moving forward. In all the planning an discussion the final approval was left to us as to how and when embryos would be used.

PCOS, Unexplained
When I had my first appointment with Dr Link she had all of my test results and immediately did blood work and diagnosed me with pcos. She understood the fact that me and my husband had been trying for 5 years (with one loss) she had a sense of urgency and was really easy to talk to....Started letrozole took 4 cycles and she explained the risks she explained clomid and how she thought letrozole would be a better fit. I started with 5mg and then was changed to 7.5 mg
They [U of Utah - nurses] were very helpful because I got lost finding the office and they explained the costs. They were very aware that this was a touchy subject.... They were very knowledgeable even the nurses and the office wasn’t out dated. It was clean which I have a thing for germs and I didn’t see any red flags....They ask you to pay 230$ to see the doctor. They offer a discount for paying upfront because if they bill insurance it’s usually not covered.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
She was very direct and got to the point she seemed younger ( I dont know her age) but she was easy to connect with! She made sure I felt comfortable and made me feel she would do everything she could to make a baby happen for me
If you want action and the process to start she is your girl
I had previously been seeing an obgyn for 2 years. She didn’t put my on any medication and I felt I only spent a short amount of time with and I was wasting my time. When I had my first appointment with Dr Link she had all of my test results and immediately did blood work and diagnosed me with pcos. She understood the fact that me and my husband had been trying for 5 years (with one loss) she had a sense of urgency and was really easy to talk to. She immediately started action and got me on letrozole the same day. I’m so glad I went to her. We are still in the process of working with her but I am very hopeful she will take the necessary steps to get me pregnant SOON!
They were very helpful because I got lost finding the office and they explained the costs. They were very aware that this was a touchy subject.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I would have more information on where to go inside the building because it was huge and I got lost. I would maybe ask for clarification as to where you were going. They were very knowledgeable even the nurses and the office wasn’t out dated. It was clean which I have a thing for germs and I didn’t see any red flags.
They ask you to pay 230$ to see the doctor. They offer a discount for paying upfront because if they bill insurance it’s usually not covered. The price they offer is cheaper then billing insurance. The cost hasn’t been anything crazy
I have not experienced this yet.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Link has been aggressive in my treatment but not so much so that I suffered any negative effects. I appreciate her stance on things like only transferring one embryo at a time but I also feel like she would hear me out of I truly wanted something different. ... Every interaction I have had with Dr. Link she has gone over everything in so much detail (even often making drawings and explaining medical terms and processes to me) and has answered all of my questions. As someone who meticulously researches things, I often have a full list of questions for her (and follow-ups to her answers) and she goes through each and every question with me and ensures I understand while not making me feel like I worry too much or ask too many things.
UCRM is very busy and sees a huge number of patients. I never felt like this lessened their care for me but I did mean I had to wait quite awhile to initially be seen and I generally have to schedule appointments fairly far out. As UCRM is based at a research institution (University of Utah), they are very research oriented and this sometimes does make me feel like their treatment options and protocols are more "in the box." UCRM has impressive statistics and I do feel that I stand the best chance of getting a baby by choosing them as my clinic.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
I've been seeing Dr. Link at UCRM for over 2 years now. From the very beginning she was so patient, kind and informative. I had a negative experience with a previous RE but Dr. Link has been the polar opposite to that person. Every interaction I have had with Dr. Link she has gone over everything in so much detail (even often making drawings and explaining medical terms and processes to me) and has answered all of my questions. As someone who meticulously researches things, I often have a full list of questions for her (and follow-ups to her answers) and she goes through each and every question with me and ensures I understand while not making me feel like I worry too much or ask too many things. My appointments have never been rushed and she makes sure I leave feeling empowered and ready for whatever is next. Although I have not yet gotten pregnant, she remains very positive while not sugarcoating the situation.
Ask whatever questions you have (no matter how small or detailed they might be) Dr. Link. She is wonderful about breaking things down and making sure her patients feel heard and are informed. Having all my concerns and questions answered has made this long process much easier.
From the start of my time with Utah Center of Reproductive Medicine I have felt that my needs and concerns were being taken seriously. My questions are answered in a timely manner and my treatment plan has been clear. I was concerned at first that such a large clinic based at a Tier 1 research institution would lead to me being treated as a number but this has not been the case whatsoever.
Dr. Link has been aggressive in my treatment but not so much so that I suffered any negative effects. I appreciate her stance on things like only transferring one embryo at a time but I also feel like she would hear me out of I truly wanted something different. My treatment protocol was dialed down as I was responding well and I appreciated this. I did not want to risk OHSS. After my first failed transfer, Dr. Link spend another appointment with me going over everything we did and my results. We talked about a plan of action for the next round and she also was very accommodating when I asked for additional testing and procedures (such as a hysteroscopy, which resulted in a removed polyp).
Lisa was my IVF nurse. She was very organized and kept in constant contact with me. I was so nervous that I was going to mess something up with my meds and waste thousands of dollars but she explained everything so clearly and answered all the questions I had throughout the cycle. The nursing staff in general at UCRM has been very kind and helpful. I have had a few nurses who seemed to lack some of the attention to detail I had gotten so used to and I had to be much more of an advocate for myself when dealing with them.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
All of my diagnostic costs were covered by my insurance. I paid completely out of pocket for all IVF expenses. My full IVF retrieval cycle was about $9000 (not including ICSI, which we did not do). Medications were another $4000. The clinic does offer a guarantee program which we will be using for our next IVF cycle. I found UCRM's prices to be reasonable but potentially higher than other local clinics. However, UCRM has better success rates, from what I can tell.
Dr. Link prefers not to transfer more than one embryo at a time. She went over her rationale for this and used scientific, research-based statistics for why she wants patients to only transfer one at a time. That said, I do believe that if I pushed for more than one embryo and had the medical rationale for it, she would be receptive to it.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Link is brilliant. She is so smart. She really takes the time to explain what is happening / what may happen. I saw her before my IUIS, after we failed them and now as we wait to start ivf. I feel like she is being as aggressive with my treatment as I allow. She takes the time to hear my concerns as well as take my input. She’s a breath of fresh air. I know she is doing her best to get me the results we want ( get pregnant and carry to term) .
In Utah fertility treatments are not covered by insurance. However this clinic [University of Utah- SLC] offers a self pay discount. I think it’s around 30% There’s the cost for ultrasounds IUI Hsg Semen analysis Ovidrel letrozole. It adds up but the discount helps. Luckily the meds aren’t too pricey aside from the ovidrell... Sara was the NP I saw after all my ultrasounds. She always took time with me to make sure I understood the outlines plan . She was always on top of things and always was quick to get back to me with answers to questions.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She will explain them!
Dr. Link is so kind. She spent serious time with my husband and I. She made sure all my questions were answered. During difficult procedures she made sure there were properly trained staff available to help me through discomfort. She has a calm demeanor. She also gave me contact information for all the people who I might need to be in touch with for the next step. She’s prompt about responding to my emails. I feel like I’m a priority with her care.
We started with letrozole. Maybe 5 mg on days 3-7. I responded for a while and then didn’t. So we increased it to 7.5 and stayed steady there. I always ovulated . Then again I stopped. At this point we were just doing TIC. I’d go in for an ultrasound on day day 11-13. After a few more months I stopped ovulating even with the 7.5 mg letrozole and the metformin. We added clomid to the mix and lowered my letrozole. My side effects ( hot flashes) were so bad I asked to be taken off. We finally are up to 10 mg letrozole and 1000mg metformin. I triggered for 1 of our TIC and for al 4 of our IUIs with ovidrel. Always 36 hours before procedure. I added progesterone only to my last IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara Tollstrup)
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This place is great. It’s just about finding the Doc that best meets your needs. Once that was set I was golden . It’s ok to shop around or transfer care. I did. I’m so happy I found a doc that fit my needs
In Utah fertility treatments are not covered by insurance. However this clinic offers a self pay discount. I think it’s around 30% There’s the cost for ultrasounds IUI Hsg Semen analysis Ovidrel letrozole. It adds up but the discount helps. Luckily the meds aren’t too pricey aside from the ovidrell
My docs prefer to do eset. They believe it’s safer and that the outcome is more viable than multiple transfers

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Dr Link was always professional and took the time to sit down with me and explain everything that came up. I have spent 3 years under her treatment with multiple failed cycles of iui and timed intercourse. Throughout all the procedures and unexpected outcomes, Dr Link was always there to talk me through the next steps and to remain optimistic. Dr Link wasn't able to do the iui procedures due to timing of my cycles but she always sent me the follow up results.
Everyone I met [at Univ of UT] was extremely friendly. They all knew my husband and I by name and remembered the small conversations we would have with them. They would ask about what ever work story we told them or if our dog was doing better. They knew us personally and we all became office friends. Sara is absolutely amazing. She's shed tears and frustration with my husband and I on multiple occasions. She is simply the best health care provider I have ever worked with!
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
It takes awhile for a new patient appointment but it's worth the wait. Dr .Link will take great care of you.
Dr Megan Link and her APRN Sara Tollstrup have overseen my fertility treatment for years. They have always been upfront with what to expect during each stage of the process. I have shared many hugs and tears with them both. They were always interested in my personal life, my emotional state, my career and schooling. They know me as a person, more so than some of my friends. They always have open arms when things didnt go the way we were expecting. During this time of taking a break, I find that I miss talking with them and the connection we all have.
Dr. Link began with me having the transvaginal ultrasound and the fallopian tube test. Both came back normal. We continued with Clomid with no luck and then added lettazole. I began growing eggs slowly and after several rounds and dose increases we were able to try our first IUI. Everyone was very optimistic however it didn't work. We restarted more oral meds but with the continued use of clomid at high doses my lining never got thick enough. We then had a long discussion and decided to try the gonal f injection. Labs were checked every few days as well as having multiple vaginal ultrasounds. We had one round that produced the right conditions and we again tried IUI. That too, failed. Dr Link then sat down with me and explained my options. We decided to hold off on any more cycles and focus on preparing for IVF. This is where we are currently.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara Tollstrup )
Everyone I met was extremely friendly. They all knew my husband and I by name and remembered the small conversations we would have with them. They would ask about what ever work story we told them or if our dog was doing better. They knew us personally and we all became office friends. Sara is absolutely amazing. She's shed tears and frustration with my husband and I on multiple occasions. She is simply the best health care provider I have ever worked with!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
They are wonderful getting you an appointment when needed but it did take several months to be seen initially. Communication between all members of the team was fantastic. Nothing ever got missed or overlooked. If there were questions that one person couldn't answer I never had to wait more than a few hours, even on weekends, to get an answer.
So far the cost has been about 20,000 which includes all labs, ultrsounds, medications, septum takedown, sonograms, diagnostic procedures
We discussed this briefly but haven't really gotten to the point of having a in depth conversation. She did mention possibly doing 2 but she was a little hesitant about doing so.
+ Read more- Read less

[Univ of UT is] Very patient oriented and sensitive. They are very responsive to messages. We have always gotten back to see our provider in a timely manner. The only thing I got say as a weakness is that the waiting area is in much need of a renovation. But other than that, our patient experience had been positive.... Our nurses took time to explain everything in detail, review medications, and really held our hand through the whole process.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link is so loving, dedicated, and optimistic. We were diagnosed with male factor infertility and diminished ovarian reserve. Our first IVF cycle was not successful. However, what we loved about her was that she let us know from the beginning that due to our situation, that would be the most likely option, that it would be unsuccessful. My husband and I wanted to proceed, regardless of our chances. Dr. Link proceeded with optimism and gave us our best possible shot. When that didn't work, she comforted us. She called me a few times in the following weeks, and she brought us into the clinic to go over more options to grow our family. She has never given up on us and works tirelessly to help us accomplish our dream.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, she is willing to spend as much time as you need explaining things as you need.
Dr. Link's love is felt as she speaks to you. She genuinely cares about us and does all she can to help us one day bring home our baby. She has never given up hope on us no matter how tough the road gets. She has the perfect balance between being realistic and optimistic. She has taken time to personally call me and check in with me and let me know she was thinking of me. She has helped us learn of new treatments and is helping us with a different approach. We seriously love Dr. Link.
We proceeded with injections to prepare fpr egg retrieval. Gonal F, cetrotide, menopur. Our doctor also prescribed growth hormone injections since i had a diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
We were lucky to have our insurance cover a lot. The most expensive part for us was a tese a d microtese surgery that my husband needed. We spent $12,000 on those surgeries. We spent $4,000 on medications, and after what our insurance covered of the IVF cycle we paid $1,900.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Links bedside manner was AMAZING. and that is an understatement. She explained everything from start to finish and made sure we felt comfortable and answered all of our questions. She took her time with us and not once did we feel rushed. We had certain things we wanted to do after the transfer and she was completely okay with that.... We went into our appointment thinking we were going to transfer 2 embryos. Dr link explained to us the risk of doing so and let us know why it wasn’t best to do so regarding our situation.
Everyone at the clinic [University of Utah] was friendly and professional. We knew we could talk to any of the nurses or staff, and they would be willing to help us. The only downfall is that the doctors work by week. So if our transfer fell on a week that Dr. Link wasn’t doing the transfer we would have a different doctor do the transfer. Or we could push our transfer schedule back to make sure we got the doctor we wanted... Our total round of IVF was just about $15,000.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
I don’t have one complaint about Dr. Link. She was amazing. She explained everything in detail and took her time taking care of us. She made sure we felt comfortable and allowed us to do things that we felt were necessary during our transfer. She was kind and patient and understanding.
Be prepared to never want to see another doctor. Our appointment was set months out because she is so well liked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Heidi ?)
The nurse Heidi was awesome as well. She made sure I had a calendar well in advance. And explained everything so well. We left her office feeling confident we knew what to do. We also knew that if we had any questions we could call her or shoot her a message and we would hear back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Everyone at the clinic was friendly and professional. We knew we could talk to any of the nurses or staff, and they would be willing to help us. The only downfall is that the doctors work by week. So if our transfer fell on a week that Dr. Link wasn’t doing the transfer we would have a different doctor do the transfer. Or we could push our transfer schedule back to make sure we got the doctor we wanted
Our total round of IVF was just about $15,000. Our first transfer didn’t work, then with Dr. Link we did a FET. That cost right around 7,000. We have frozen embryos which is about $500 a year. And we also have frozen sperm which is about $500 a year as well.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Link] is very warm and approachable. I didn’t feel judged or criticized. I only have met her once but I did learn a lot from that one visit. She told me all about the risks of having PCOS and hypothyroidism and the whole process of IUI and purchasing sperm from a sperm bank. ... It took a month to find out the right dosage of medication I ended up with 3 clomid, 4 letrozole, and 3 metformin daily Which let me get one IUI which failed. And now doing the same dosage no follicles grew so we have to discuss the new game plan Of maybe fertility shots
[University of Utah is] Quick to get you in and out. Some nurses are more friendly than others. Some ultrasound techs explain more than others. If the main nurse isn’t there you have to wait for an e-mail with instructions on what to do next and I prefer hearing it in person ... She [nurse] is extremely nice and is always there to try and keep me motivated and to make sure that I’m not alone and the only one going through this. Very easy to reach and answer any question I have
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
She is very warm and approachable. I didn’t feel judged or criticized. I only have met her once but I did learn a lot from that one visit. She told me all about the risks of having PCOS and hypothyroidism and the whole process of IUI and purchasing sperm from a sperm bank.
Even if you don’t talk to her she’s still working hard to get you where you need to be
I’ve only met her once but she was very informative and kind All the nurses under her have been very sweet and understanding
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Molly Beck)
She is extremely nice and is always there to try and keep me motivated and to make sure that I’m not alone and the only one going through this. Very easy to reach and answer any question I have
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
$260 for each ultrasound I’ve had 9 $380 for 1 IUI $250 for 2 trigger shots $100 for medications $250 for consultation

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Link actually showed concern for me individually and intently listened to my own concerns and questions. She was very thorough in my care plan and up front with what to expect with a balanced translocation and sending embryos for testing.... She was very thorough with descriptions and knowledgable in mine and my partner's specific case. She was pleasant to talk to and showed great compassion when going over our pregnancy history.
The clinic itself [University of Utah] is on the smaller side but they have it set up in an organized manner and uses every bit of space they have very efficiently. As for weaknesses, I don't really have any complaints. All of the personel that I dealt with were amazing, compassionate given the nature of the office, and knowledgable. You can see that they are all very dedicated to their jobs.... Lisa was very organized and quick to call you back if you had any questions. She was thorough with your care plan and made sure you understood everything before sending you off.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
We had a few sets backs getting the whole process started but each time, Dr. Link made sure to do follow ups and adjusted the cycle as needed. She was very thorough with descriptions and knowledgable in mine and my partner's specific case. She was pleasant to talk to and showed great compassion when going over our pregnancy history.
Go in there with your questions written down on a piece of paper and be ready to receive a ton of information but don't worry, she will always go back over it or give it to you again if you don't remember it. She also gives plenty of examples to show what to kind of expect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Henderson)
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic itself is on the smaller side but they have it set up in an organized manner and uses every bit of space they have very efficiently. As for weaknesses, I don't really have any complaints. All of the personel that I dealt with were amazing, compassionate given the nature of the office, and knowledgable. You can see that they are all very dedicated to their jobs.
I completely agree with the single embryo transfer approach that Dr. Link takes. As someone who has high risk pregnancies, it is less riskier for something to go wrong.
+ Read more- Read less

Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro...Dr link was compassionate and caring. She spent over an hour with us initially explaining what steps would occur. I thought that she was intelligent, well spoken and answered any and all questions. She is around 35 years old. Dr. Link Has an amazing bedside manner...Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way.
The nursing staff [at U of Utah] was excellent! They were full of compassion, knowledge and I answered every question I had. I never felt stupid if I asked the same question each appointment. Their reassurance and positivity is essential and so helpful...I checked multiple clinics and they seem to be right in line and very competitive...I wish they had a yoga room so that we could go in and meditate and relax before procedures. Otherwise it was excellent.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Know that you were not going to see her at each appointment.
Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way. All the nurses did a great job too.
Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro in may. We would increase the Clomid as needed. Everything happened exactly as planned and the nursing staff was incredibly diligent in making sure I was comfortable with everything throughout the process. Because I was 41 after three IUI's in vitro was the next step and recommended in order to be more aggressive due to age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
The nursing staff was excellent! They were full of compassion, knowledge and I answered every question I had. I never felt stupid if I asked the same question each appointment. Their reassurance and positivity is essential and so helpful.
Na
+ Read more- Read less

Very professional and caring. She [Megan Link] used a great combination of science and compassion to treat me. She used evidence based practices to develop my treatment plan. She also sent me a message after my first embryo transfer failed. She was so sweet and encouraging...My doctor recommended only one embryo since I’m under 35... I loved working with her...She’s so compassionate and understanding....
Clean, organized, science and evidence based practices. The staff [U of Utah] was very friendly and accommodating. They were very professional and I liked that they didn’t allow children in the office. They helped me feel not as alone on my infertility journey...There was only one problem when my nurse was out and another nurse was covering for her. They called me super late in the day with information about my trigger shot. It was very time sensitive so it was really frustrating because we ended up doing the shot late because they called so late.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Very professional and caring. She used a great combination of science and compassion to treat me. She used evidence based practices to develop my treatment plan. She also sent me a message after my first embryo transfer failed. She was so sweet and encouraging. I loved working with her and have referred some friends to her
Keep going even if you first experience failure
She’s so compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah.
They were great. There was only one problem when my nurse was out and another nurse was covering for her. They called me super late in the day with information about my trigger shot. It was very time sensitive so it was really frustrating because we ended up doing the shot late because they called so late.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Clean, organized, science and evidence based practices. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were very professional and I liked that they didn’t allow children in the office. They helped me feel not as alone on my infertility journey
Around 30000 for egg retrieval and two embryo transfers
My doctor recommended only one embryo since I’m under 35. I have one baby now and I’m so glad we only did one.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Link] explained all procedures in detail and did everything in her power to help me and understand all aspects of what to expect. She was knowledgeable and I feel she was very interested in helping me have a successful pregnancy. ... She was very personable and answered every dumb question I had and did not make me feel like I was wasting her time.
It was a great clinic [University of Utah] and every time I called and rescheduled or scheduled appointments every person was knowledgeable and friendly and accommodating. They were flexible with scheduling and willing to change appointments last minute. The facility was nice and clean. ... I was put on clomid and progesterone to increase follicles for the iui. I tried 3 times and was unsuccessful each time.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
She explained all procedures in detail and did everything in her power to help me and understand all aspects of what to expect. She was knowledgeable and I feel she was very interested in helping me have a successful pregnancy.
Make sure you are not afraid to ask questions and she will do all she can to help you.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
It was a great clinic and every time I called and rescheduled or scheduled appointments every person was knowledgeable and friendly and accommodating. They were flexible with scheduling and willing to change appointments last minute. The facility was nice and clean.
My insurance only covered ultrasounds and all other procedures where out of pocket costs.