Medical SchoolU. of Washington
FellowshipU. of Utah
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Megan Link to a friend?

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Link is brilliant. She is so smart. She really takes the time to explain what is happening / what may happen. I saw her before my IUIS, after we failed them and now as we wait to start ivf. I feel like she is being as aggressive with my treatment as I allow. She takes the time to hear my concerns as well as take my input. She’s a breath of fresh air. I know she is doing her best to get me the results we want ( get pregnant and carry to term) .
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Megan Link at University of Utah?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She will explain them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link is so kind. She spent serious time with my husband and I. She made sure all my questions were answered. During difficult procedures she made sure there were properly trained staff available to help me through discomfort. She has a calm demeanor. She also gave me contact information for all the people who I might need to be in touch with for the next step. She’s prompt about responding to my emails. I feel like I’m a priority with her care.
Describe the protocols Megan Link used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
We started with letrozole. Maybe 5 mg on days 3-7. I responded for a while and then didn’t. So we increased it to 7.5 and stayed steady there. I always ovulated . Then again I stopped. At this point we were just doing TIC. I’d go in for an ultrasound on day day 11-13. After a few more months I stopped ovulating even with the 7.5 mg letrozole and the metformin. We added clomid to the mix and lowered my letrozole. My side effects ( hot flashes) were so bad I asked to be taken off. We finally are up to 10 mg letrozole and 1000mg metformin. I triggered for 1 of our TIC and for al 4 of our IUIs with ovidrel. Always 36 hours before procedure. I added progesterone only to my last IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara Tollstrup)
Sara was the NP I saw after all my ultrasounds. She always took time with me to make sure I understood the outlines plan . She was always on top of things and always was quick to get back to me with answers to questions.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This place is great. It’s just about finding the Doc that best meets your needs. Once that was set I was golden . It’s ok to shop around or transfer care. I did. I’m so happy I found a doc that fit my needs
Describe the costs associated with your care under Megan Link at University of Utah.
In Utah fertility treatments are not covered by insurance. However this clinic offers a self pay discount. I think it’s around 30% There’s the cost for ultrasounds IUI Hsg Semen analysis Ovidrel letrozole. It adds up but the discount helps. Luckily the meds aren’t too pricey aside from the ovidrell
Describe Megan Link's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
My docs prefer to do eset. They believe it’s safer and that the outcome is more viable than multiple transfers
SLC

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Megan Link at University of Utah.

How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link is so loving, dedicated, and optimistic. We were diagnosed with male factor infertility and diminished ovarian reserve. Our first IVF cycle was not successful. However, what we loved about her was that she let us know from the beginning that due to our situation, that would be the most likely option, that it would be unsuccessful. My husband and I wanted to proceed, regardless of our chances. Dr. Link proceeded with optimism and gave us our best possible shot. When that didn't work, she comforted us. She called me a few times in the following weeks, and she brought us into the clinic to go over more options to grow our family. She has never given up on us and works tirelessly to help us accomplish our dream.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, she is willing to spend as much time as you need explaining things as you need.
Dr. Link's love is felt as she speaks to you. She genuinely cares about us and does all she can to help us one day bring home our baby. She has never given up hope on us no matter how tough the road gets. She has the perfect balance between being realistic and optimistic. She has taken time to personally call me and check in with me and let me know she was thinking of me. She has helped us learn of new treatments and is helping us with a different approach. We seriously love Dr. Link.
We proceeded with injections to prepare fpr egg retrieval. Gonal F, cetrotide, menopur. Our doctor also prescribed growth hormone injections since i had a diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Our nurses took time to explain everything in detail, review medications, and really held our hand through the whole process.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Very patient oriented and sensitive. They are very responsive to messages. We have always gotten back to see our provider in a timely manner. The only thing I got say as a weakness is that the waiting area is in much need of a renovation. But other than that, our patient experience had been positive.
We were lucky to have our insurance cover a lot. The most expensive part for us was a tese a d microtese surgery that my husband needed. We spent $12,000 on those surgeries. We spent $4,000 on medications, and after what our insurance covered of the IVF cycle we paid $1,900.
SLC
Dr Links bedside manner was AMAZING. and that is an understatement. She explained everything from start to finish and made sure we felt comfortable and answered all of our questions. She took her time with us and not once did we feel rushed. We had certain things we wanted to do after the transfer and she was completely okay with that.... We went into our appointment thinking we were going to transfer 2 embryos. Dr link explained to us the risk of doing so and let us know why it wasn’t best to do so regarding our situation.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
I don’t have one complaint about Dr. Link. She was amazing. She explained everything in detail and took her time taking care of us. She made sure we felt comfortable and allowed us to do things that we felt were necessary during our transfer. She was kind and patient and understanding.
Be prepared to never want to see another doctor. Our appointment was set months out because she is so well liked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Heidi ?)
The nurse Heidi was awesome as well. She made sure I had a calendar well in advance. And explained everything so well. We left her office feeling confident we knew what to do. We also knew that if we had any questions we could call her or shoot her a message and we would hear back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Everyone at the clinic was friendly and professional. We knew we could talk to any of the nurses or staff, and they would be willing to help us. The only downfall is that the doctors work by week. So if our transfer fell on a week that Dr. Link wasn’t doing the transfer we would have a different doctor do the transfer. Or we could push our transfer schedule back to make sure we got the doctor we wanted
Our total round of IVF was just about $15,000. Our first transfer didn’t work, then with Dr. Link we did a FET. That cost right around 7,000. We have frozen embryos which is about $500 a year. And we also have frozen sperm which is about $500 a year as well.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Link actually showed concern for me individually and intently listened to my own concerns and questions. She was very thorough in my care plan and up front with what to expect with a balanced translocation and sending embryos for testing.... She was very thorough with descriptions and knowledgable in mine and my partner's specific case. She was pleasant to talk to and showed great compassion when going over our pregnancy history.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
We had a few sets backs getting the whole process started but each time, Dr. Link made sure to do follow ups and adjusted the cycle as needed. She was very thorough with descriptions and knowledgable in mine and my partner's specific case. She was pleasant to talk to and showed great compassion when going over our pregnancy history.
Go in there with your questions written down on a piece of paper and be ready to receive a ton of information but don't worry, she will always go back over it or give it to you again if you don't remember it. She also gives plenty of examples to show what to kind of expect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Henderson)
Lisa was very organized and quick to call you back if you had any questions. She was thorough with your care plan and made sure you understood everything before sending you off.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic itself is on the smaller side but they have it set up in an organized manner and uses every bit of space they have very efficiently. As for weaknesses, I don't really have any complaints. All of the personel that I dealt with were amazing, compassionate given the nature of the office, and knowledgable. You can see that they are all very dedicated to their jobs.
I completely agree with the single embryo transfer approach that Dr. Link takes. As someone who has high risk pregnancies, it is less riskier for something to go wrong.
SLC

Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro...Dr link was compassionate and caring. She spent over an hour with us initially explaining what steps would occur. I thought that she was intelligent, well spoken and answered any and all questions. She is around 35 years old. Dr. Link Has an amazing bedside manner...Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Know that you were not going to see her at each appointment.
Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way. All the nurses did a great job too.
Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro in may. We would increase the Clomid as needed. Everything happened exactly as planned and the nursing staff was incredibly diligent in making sure I was comfortable with everything throughout the process. Because I was 41 after three IUI's in vitro was the next step and recommended in order to be more aggressive due to age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
The nursing staff was excellent! They were full of compassion, knowledge and I answered every question I had. I never felt stupid if I asked the same question each appointment. Their reassurance and positivity is essential and so helpful.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I wish they had a yoga room so that we could go in and meditate and relax before procedures. Otherwise it was excellent.
I checked multiple clinics and they seem to be right in line and very competitive.
Na
SLC

Very professional and caring. She [Megan Link] used a great combination of science and compassion to treat me. She used evidence based practices to develop my treatment plan. She also sent me a message after my first embryo transfer failed. She was so sweet and encouraging...My doctor recommended only one embryo since I’m under 35... I loved working with her...She’s so compassionate and understanding....
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Very professional and caring. She used a great combination of science and compassion to treat me. She used evidence based practices to develop my treatment plan. She also sent me a message after my first embryo transfer failed. She was so sweet and encouraging. I loved working with her and have referred some friends to her
Keep going even if you first experience failure
She’s so compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah.
They were great. There was only one problem when my nurse was out and another nurse was covering for her. They called me super late in the day with information about my trigger shot. It was very time sensitive so it was really frustrating because we ended up doing the shot late because they called so late.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Clean, organized, science and evidence based practices. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were very professional and I liked that they didn’t allow children in the office. They helped me feel not as alone on my infertility journey
Around 30000 for egg retrieval and two embryo transfers
My doctor recommended only one embryo since I’m under 35. I have one baby now and I’m so glad we only did one.