Medical SchoolU. of Washington
FellowshipU. of Utah
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Megan Link to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link is so loving, dedicated, and optimistic. We were diagnosed with male factor infertility and diminished ovarian reserve. Our first IVF cycle was not successful. However, what we loved about her was that she let us know from the beginning that due to our situation, that would be the most likely option, that it would be unsuccessful. My husband and I wanted to proceed, regardless of our chances. Dr. Link proceeded with optimism and gave us our best possible shot. When that didn't work, she comforted us. She called me a few times in the following weeks, and she brought us into the clinic to go over more options to grow our family. She has never given up on us and works tirelessly to help us accomplish our dream.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Megan Link at University of Utah?
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, she is willing to spend as much time as you need explaining things as you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Dr. Link's love is felt as she speaks to you. She genuinely cares about us and does all she can to help us one day bring home our baby. She has never given up hope on us no matter how tough the road gets. She has the perfect balance between being realistic and optimistic. She has taken time to personally call me and check in with me and let me know she was thinking of me. She has helped us learn of new treatments and is helping us with a different approach. We seriously love Dr. Link.
Describe the protocols Megan Link used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
We proceeded with injections to prepare fpr egg retrieval. Gonal F, cetrotide, menopur. Our doctor also prescribed growth hormone injections since i had a diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Our nurses took time to explain everything in detail, review medications, and really held our hand through the whole process.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Very patient oriented and sensitive. They are very responsive to messages. We have always gotten back to see our provider in a timely manner. The only thing I got say as a weakness is that the waiting area is in much need of a renovation. But other than that, our patient experience had been positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Megan Link at University of Utah.
We were lucky to have our insurance cover a lot. The most expensive part for us was a tese a d microtese surgery that my husband needed. We spent $12,000 on those surgeries. We spent $4,000 on medications, and after what our insurance covered of the IVF cycle we paid $1,900.
SLC
Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro...Dr link was compassionate and caring. She spent over an hour with us initially explaining what steps would occur. I thought that she was intelligent, well spoken and answered any and all questions. She is around 35 years old. Dr. Link Has an amazing bedside manner...Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way.
How was your experience with Megan Link at University of Utah?
Know that you were not going to see her at each appointment.
Dr Link spent a ton of time with us and checked in with us along the way. All the nurses did a great job too.
Due to my age Dr. Link said we will try three IUI's and if they were unsuccessful we would move to in vitro in may. We would increase the Clomid as needed. Everything happened exactly as planned and the nursing staff was incredibly diligent in making sure I was comfortable with everything throughout the process. Because I was 41 after three IUI's in vitro was the next step and recommended in order to be more aggressive due to age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
The nursing staff was excellent! They were full of compassion, knowledge and I answered every question I had. I never felt stupid if I asked the same question each appointment. Their reassurance and positivity is essential and so helpful.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I wish they had a yoga room so that we could go in and meditate and relax before procedures. Otherwise it was excellent.
I checked multiple clinics and they seem to be right in line and very competitive.
Describe Megan Link's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
Na