Medical SchoolVanderbilt
630-889-7900
28373 Davis Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555
630-305-7576
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meike Uhler to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of Illinois to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF
I feel that Dr. Uhler has a good grasp on gauging her patients and the level at which they need the information. I went into her office with all of my knowledge and she treated me like an equal in the room. She never bypassed any bit of detail. She always checked in at each step to make sure we were on the same level of understanding. When she started to discuss embryo transfer with us, she made she we knew every option we had available. A drawback to Dr Uhler is that she speaks in a very blunt manner. It is not mean or dry. It is, however, sharp, so it can be a bit unnerving.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Go in with questions! She loves questions! She wants to help get you pregnant. She will tell you what you NEED to hear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Uhler took great care in listening to what I had to say about my apprehensions and about my expectations. She also asked questions about my history to better understand me as a patient. She made sure I understood every single step as well as offering optional tests so that I understood every possible option. She never treated us like just another person in the office. She was very direct but also warm in how she delivered news and progress.
Describe the protocols Meike Uhler used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
We are still in the process for embryo transfer. We did IVF for egg retrieval using Follist, Gonal-F, Menopur. We did our egg retrieval and after all was said and done, we only got one embryo. During routine blood work and ultrasound, they found polypsnon my uterus and Dr. Uhler immediately consulted with my gynecologist to find a resolution. I had them removed and the embryo frozen. I am now taking Lupon to prepare for FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Ricchio )
Everyone at FCI have been cordial and compassionate. Debbie is always so attentive to my needs and always takes the time to make sure I understand the messages. THE PHLEBOTOMISTS!!! I love every single one! They have never had any issues with my veins. It barely feels like a needle when they draw blood. The ultrasound staff always take the time to read my chart so I rarely have to remind them that I only have one ovary.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They will contact you a lot at first. This is because you will make an appt to see the doctor, then the nursing assistant will talk to you. Then you get assigned a financial consultant who walks you through your cost and/or insurance benefits. THIS IS FCI - HINSDALE!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I am lucky in that my insurance covers a cycle of IVF. Freezing embryos cost $1200 per IVF cycle and $500 every year for maintenance annually Genetic testing on embryos was $2600 I believe? There was also a test she suggested to diagnose and try to pinpoint what day it would be more beneficial to do the transfer. That was $1000 The only thing we opted to do was embryo freezing
Describe Meike Uhler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Based on my medical history, she insisted we only do single embryo transfer. I have an incompetent cervix and I have had a transabdominal cerclage placed. She felt because of that, it would be very risky to place more than one embryo.
Hinsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

2011 - 2018
10 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Uhler's] very black and white, no grey area. If you’re looking for sugar coating - she’s not the one for you... I’ve called her at 2am and in pain, and she was there at the ER to meet me that morning. I’ve been with her since 2011 completely self pay through 10 IUIs and 1 IVF, and she always given a self pay discount and always tried to help with meds when available. I’ve recommended friends to her, and she even asks about them when I see her. Great memory, big heart, and very kind.
2011 - 2018
10 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I began seeing her in 2011, after my OB at the time recommended me to her (her son was born through IVF with Dr Uhler). When I first met her, I realized she’s very honest and straight forward, I knew I could trust her immediately. In 2012 after my 7th IUI, I finally got pregnant. However it was an ectopic. I was given methotrexate to dissolve the pregnancy by my nurse at Dr Uhlers office....Dr Uhler was present and walked me through it all as hard as it was. 2 weeks later, the fetus still had not passed but was stuck in my tube. I was having the most horrible pains I had ever felt...I broke down and called Dr Uhler at 2AM. She actually answered and had informed me to go to the ER, but specifically to one where she had rights. I arrived and she had precalled to them I was coming, staff was awaiting with a wheelchair for me. She arrived shortly after, giving me the bad news that if the fetus doesn’t pass she will operate and remove one of my tubes. She gave me 24 hours in the hospital before surgery (mostly because I couldn’t bare for her to remove one of my tubes). On the 23rd hour the fetus finally passed. In hindsight I should have just had her remove the tube, that tube is fully blocked due to scar tissue now from the ectopic. In 2015 we got pregnant again via IUI, our first heart beat ultrasound....there was not a heartbeat. Another devestatimg blow, and she was there every step of the way to comfort us. We had been putting off IVF despite Dr Uhler urging us for at least 6 cycles.....we just couldn’t make the jump financially out of pocket. She knew best though, so we finally decided to do what she recommended. We decided to finance IVF (still paying for it), and began the cycle. Egg retrieval in Nov 2015. Freeze all due to hyper stimulation, embryo transfer in Feb 2016. Our son was born at 36 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. 2 weeks in the NICU. We have 5 embryos left and are back trying with Dr Uhler again for number two. She always remembers me, always wants to see photos, always asks about my best friend who I also recommended to see her for IVF (her son was born 7 months after mine with IVF with Dr Uhler). A couple hiccups bu she’s diligent in working with me to overcome them (polyps, D&C....I’ve been bleeding non stop fo 13 months so we have to stop that first), and then hopefully we get to start another cycle for our miracle baby #2! I would recommend her to anyone! She is very literal, very educating, and I always leave her office with a full understanding. She urges me to ask questions and know what’s going on with my body. I wouldn’t go elsewhere.
She’s very black and white, no grey area. If you’re looking for sugar coating - she’s not the one for you.
Every time I meet with Dr Uhler, she remembers me! That’s my biggest plus with her. I’ve called her at 2am and in pain, and she was there at the ER to meet me that morning. I’ve been with her since 2011 completely self pay through 10 IUIs and 1 IVF, and she always given a self pay discount and always tried to help with meds when available. I’ve recommended friends to her, and she even asks about them when I see her. Great memory, big heart, and very kind.
Clomid for 2 IUI cycles with trigger. Injectables for 8 IUI cycles with trigger and progesterone suppositories. IVF was birth control, estrogen, baby aspirin, progesterone oil & suppositories, lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie )
I could go on over the years how wonderful Debbie was. For 5 years she was my rock at FCI. Always polite, compassionate through the pain, and even when I cried, cried with me with big hugs. Couldn’t have been more of a cheerleader when I as released to my OB during pregnancy. I’m back trying for baby #2 and Debbie isn’t my nurse anymore due to a rearrangement in the alphabet split amongst the nursing staff.....I actually cried to find she wasn’t going to be my nurse again. But my new new Patricia is just as nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is Very clean, the staff is very polite and educated, when you have an appointment it’s rare you wait very long at all (which was always my biggest plus), their scheduling is very flexible. You’re treated like a person at FCI and not just a number like cattle call. I love the Hinsdale and Warrenville locations (even downtown Chicago location is not terrible but not my prefferred). Dr Uhler is what you go for though in my eyes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I go for an easy time before my 8am shift at work started, so it barely disrupted my day. I am in and out within 30 min for blood and ultrasound. Rarely do I wait to be called, and the room only full of 1-3 other people waiting to also see staff.
$45K total to date. $3K per IUI ($30K) and IVF at $14K with embryo storage at $500 per year (2 year). Includes medication costs
Warrenville

We chose to place two embryos on our third attempt [with Dr. Meike Uhler] and were made aware of risks and downsides, we have been lucky with great quality embryos, are healthy, and have done pregenetic testing...She did a great job of answering questions and handling the bad news. She was very warm and reassuring when we weren’t successful the first two times and I trusted that she made the right calls.
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was extremely knowledgeable and understand of our position. With some male factor issues we felt like with our age and my good results we would have had a better outcome by now. We do feel like she has made the best treatment decisions but that we have been on the wrong side of biology. The only downside was that it’s hard to reach her directly and we had to schedule a separate consult to speak with her directly.
Be prepared to speak with the nurse often and ask your questions for her when you have her in person. Also she rotates among offices so be sure that she is available at your location before scheduling a procedure unless you’re okay with seeing someone else.
We were pretty straightforward in the initial cycle. She was careful not to over stimulate me. For the second we moved forward with an ERA test and strongly considered testing our embryos. We ultimately decided not to but we’re made aware of all of the options. We are in the two week wait of our third attempt with two embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni)
Marni is exceptionally responsive and great at her job. She was reassuring when necessary and a great communicator.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic itself has a lot of perks. They have many locations, great facilities, are usually quick and are pretty responsive. The downside is sometimes communication regarding insurance and your payment schedule. They are flexible but everything seems to be due at once and it can be hard to tell what the payment schedule options are.
Pretty efficient, some waits were longer than others but usually moved pretty quick. You’re able to have monitoring from 645 am to around 12 which is pretty flexible.
I unfortunately have a high out of pocket max so we will end up paying around 7k and but they never do a procedure without coverage.
We chose to place two embryos on our third attempt and were made aware of risks and downsides, we have been lucky with great quality embryos, are healthy, and have done pregenetic testing so we are holding off on PGS testing for now.
Chicago

Dr. Uhler was straight to the point when I had appointments with her. She did not sugarcoat anything, treated me like a human and did not give me false hope about what 'might' happen. She listened intently and also made sure I felt confident in her answers and plan. She made me feel like we would have a baby no matter what it took...Dr. Uhler gave use all the pros/cons to transferring one egg or two. Because of my age, health and grade of the eggs she was comfortable with me transferring two embryos...Dr. Uhler may have cold hands but she has a warm heart. She always made sure I understood what was happening, what to expect and what to look forward to. She always explained the procedures and plans to me and did not hesitate to find a way to explain it to me if I was not understanding.
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Uhler may have cold hands but she has a warm heart. She always made sure I understood what was happening, what to expect and what to look forward to. She always explained the procedures and plans to me and did not hesitate to find a way to explain it to me if I was not understanding. She also did not sugar coat anything and gave me straight information when I asked.
Ask questions if anything confuses you or you don't understand. You are paying for a service and deserve the best quality service you can get.
I was started on birth control as soon as my cycle started for two weeks. I cannot remember what they called the protocol we used but I did use Crinone gel every day HCG 10,000 units minivelle patches .1mg x2 Follistim pen I believe i injected 150IU daily Menopur 75IU ganirelix acetate 250MCG I stimmed for 10 days with follistim and menopur. After about 5 days we added ganirelix to the mix to help the follicles grow. I had about 10 follicles on each side. I triggered with HCG. I used the minivelle patches post Egg retervial and crinone gel along with PIO shots daily. We stopped the PIO after 12 weeks We ended up with a positive Beta number of 213 after our two week wait.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Richicco)
I was not as fond of the nursing staff as I was the dr.'s at FCI. I often felt like they let have done this for so long that they often forgot I had never done this before. I was left confused and asking questions and not getting adequate answers. When I told my nurse that no one showed me how to administer my mediciation she circled a link for me to watch and said nothing. After I told her i still felt uncomfortable she seemed bothered by me asking for help. This nurse was NOT Nurse Debbie but another one that worked there. The receptionist was also cold and unwelcoming. However the phlebotomist was so sweet and caring and always had a smile on her face! My personal nurse was helpful until they switched me to a different one half way through my cycle due to some rearranging of patients.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My clinic was great at offering a clean and friendly environment to wait in. The rooms were well kept and the staff was usually friendly. I wish they were better at hours and helping me know who I can call if I had questions about medicine or side effected after clinic hours. I also feel like their receptionist staff could be a little more friendly and warm. I am overall very pleased with them compared the fertility clinic i was at for my regular gynecology examine.
I went for monitoring appointments in the morning and if i remember correctly that is the only time they do it. It worked well with my schedule so I did not have difficult but i do recall seeing many women waiting in the waiting room for them to call their name. some techs were great and telling you how you were doing and some just left you in the dark until you got the call with the update later that day.
I am not sure how to answer this. Every appointment we did not have a co-pay but would get billed by insurance. We had to pay for medications from a special pharmacy and appointments with dr. uhler we expensive.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?

PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Uhler] was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe.... We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful.
European, Other
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe. She did seem to believe she had my care figured out from the beginning but clearly there were other factors and we should have gone right to IVF to not waste time or money on IUI.
Be persistent and assertive. If she says something you don’t agree with, so not be afraid to express your opinion. She will be accepting of it.
I felt human because she listened to what I was saying and seemed to genuinely care about our situation.
We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful. Also, one thing that sticks out to me is that I was going to the Bahamas right before we were planning on stopping treatment but they wouldn’t let me continue for 6 months due to possibility of Zika. Which I considered a good thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Diana)
AMAZING!!! I absolutely love the ladies at the Warrenville clinic. Receptionist, ultrasound tech., nurse pratictioner. They are all amazing, compassionate, and trustworthy. They really know their stuff and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths - amazing team at the watrenville clinic. On top of records, payment, and they are knowledgeable. Weaknesses - cannot think of any at this time. A new patient should know that it is extremely busy always but they take the time with you and care.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Uhler] monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it...I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration...She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well.
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well. She practices at two 'satellite' locations with FCI which tend to not be a monotonous as the main river north location. I think this helps with a reasonable patient load in turn giving you an individualized experience and not one of "a number."
She will not give you false hope. She will tell you what she thinks based on research and her experience. She can come off as blunt but good clinicians are transparent.
I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration. She monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Sometimes doesn't have time to explain things or appears rushed/frustrated. But have not had any issues with timely communication, results, medication orders, etc.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths are the high success rates, open 7 days a week so you're closely monitored and each office is a well oiled machine.
Ivf self pay 11,500 (inc ICSI, assisted hatching if needed) no insurance coverage

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
we never saw her [Dr. Uhler]. She is nice and shows some compassion, but we have seen her two or three times as a couple and I've seen her for two saline ultrasounds. Apart from that, we never see her. Her nurses are fantastic, but again, she is barely involved...Four failed IUIs with Clomid and progesterone. Heading to IVF now...she has never called us on the phone... She has very little personal involvement with us
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Again, we never saw her. She is nice and shows some compassion, but we have seen her two or three times as a couple and I've seen her for two saline ultrasounds. Apart from that, we never see her. Her nurses are fantastic, but again, she is barely involved.
Don't expect much physical interaction with her.
We barely see her.. just for consults and saline ultrasounds. Her nurses are the ones we see the most. She has very little personal involvement with us in person and she has never called us on the phone.
Four failed IUIs with Clomid and progesterone. Heading to IVF now.
Debbie and I did not work well together. She lacked compassion half of the time and I could not stand her attitude. I am now with a new nurse that I love.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Nurses are great, you barely see the doctor, it takes forever to get in to see the doctor for consults, call backs take awhile. The ultrasound techs and the phlebotomists are great. A water fountain in the lobby of the Hinsdale office would be great. Maybe even coffee since they tend to have long waits.
So far with IUIs and various consults and dna tests, we have spent around $3-4k after insurance.
Hinsdale

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Meike Uhler] is truly a good doctor. Changed up my protocol each time and was very compassionate about my ectopic pregnancy that resulted by one of the IVF cycles. She is very clinical however and its't the most jokey-smiley? But that is what I preferred in a doctor...She was willing to talk to me about my own research I did online, and when I suggested an endometrial scratch she did it for me etc so I would come in and ask questions and not be afraid
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She is truly a good doctor. Changed up my protocol each time and was very compassionate about my ectopic pregnancy that resulted by one of the IVF cycles. She is very clinical however and its't the most jokey-smiley? But that is what I preferred in a doctor.
Always returned phone calls, made special appointments for me, friendly staff
1st IVF cycle, BCPs then anatagonist protocol. 2nd IVF microflare lupron protocol. 3rd IVF estrogen priming protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: DEbbie)
Debbie is the best! Always called back and had a lot of compassion. I loved working with her
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I am mainly leaving because they do not offer HGH shots here and I believe that you must cycle with BCPs...BCPs are bad for me as I am a poor responder. Its very organized clean and efficient. I came to love the phlebotomist, ultrasound tech and nurse here. I am very comfortable but feel I have exhausted my options here.
Most of it was covered by my insurance but with cost of monitoring co-pays and medicines with 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs I would say I spent around $6K
She was open to whatever we wanted
Warrenville

My PCP doctor recommended Dr. Uhler, and made sure to warn me that Dr. Uhler was not as bubbly as my PCP. However, she was great, and seemed more relaxed after our initial consult. She was on time, and willing to get me in as soon as possible in order to work around my school schedule.... Letrozole for 5 days, trigger shot, IUI = BFP on first IUI, successfully gave birth to a baby girl
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Greeted by name, really felt like they were pulling for us to be successful in our journey to parenthood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: LaDonna)
LaDonna (nurse), Shannon (phlebotomist), Patty (ultrasound), and Ralph (reception) were all fantastic! Warm, friendly, and patient in explaining everything.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I like how they start monitoring as early as 6:30 am so that I can get to work on time and not miss too many days just for monitoring. The phone line can sometimes take a while to get through, and doesn't open til long after monitoring starts.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Uhler is very professional. She also has a great sense of humor. She wants you to be comfortable with every step you go through. She will never rush you....When I walk in the clinic [FCI] everyone knows my name. They ask how my husband is and know we have a cat and out cats name. They really care.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not be shamed by the things you have to do.
When I walk in the clinic everyone knows my name. They ask how my husband is and know we have a cat and out cats name. They really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
She gave me full attention and wanted a pregnancy outcome for me as much as I did.