Fertility Centers of Illinois

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolVanderbilt
630-889-7900
28373 Davis Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555
630-305-7576
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meike Uhler to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of Illinois to a friend?
2011 - 2018
10 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Uhler's] very black and white, no grey area. If you’re looking for sugar coating - she’s not the one for you... I’ve called her at 2am and in pain, and she was there at the ER to meet me that morning. I’ve been with her since 2011 completely self pay through 10 IUIs and 1 IVF, and she always given a self pay discount and always tried to help with meds when available. I’ve recommended friends to her, and she even asks about them when I see her. Great memory, big heart, and very kind.
2011 - 2018
10 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I began seeing her in 2011, after my OB at the time recommended me to her (her son was born through IVF with Dr Uhler). When I first met her, I realized she’s very honest and straight forward, I knew I could trust her immediately. In 2012 after my 7th IUI, I finally got pregnant. However it was an ectopic. I was given methotrexate to dissolve the pregnancy by my nurse at Dr Uhlers office....Dr Uhler was present and walked me through it all as hard as it was. 2 weeks later, the fetus still had not passed but was stuck in my tube. I was having the most horrible pains I had ever felt...I broke down and called Dr Uhler at 2AM. She actually answered and had informed me to go to the ER, but specifically to one where she had rights. I arrived and she had precalled to them I was coming, staff was awaiting with a wheelchair for me. She arrived shortly after, giving me the bad news that if the fetus doesn’t pass she will operate and remove one of my tubes. She gave me 24 hours in the hospital before surgery (mostly because I couldn’t bare for her to remove one of my tubes). On the 23rd hour the fetus finally passed. In hindsight I should have just had her remove the tube, that tube is fully blocked due to scar tissue now from the ectopic. In 2015 we got pregnant again via IUI, our first heart beat ultrasound....there was not a heartbeat. Another devestatimg blow, and she was there every step of the way to comfort us. We had been putting off IVF despite Dr Uhler urging us for at least 6 cycles.....we just couldn’t make the jump financially out of pocket. She knew best though, so we finally decided to do what she recommended. We decided to finance IVF (still paying for it), and began the cycle. Egg retrieval in Nov 2015. Freeze all due to hyper stimulation, embryo transfer in Feb 2016. Our son was born at 36 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. 2 weeks in the NICU. We have 5 embryos left and are back trying with Dr Uhler again for number two. She always remembers me, always wants to see photos, always asks about my best friend who I also recommended to see her for IVF (her son was born 7 months after mine with IVF with Dr Uhler). A couple hiccups bu she’s diligent in working with me to overcome them (polyps, D&C....I’ve been bleeding non stop fo 13 months so we have to stop that first), and then hopefully we get to start another cycle for our miracle baby #2! I would recommend her to anyone! She is very literal, very educating, and I always leave her office with a full understanding. She urges me to ask questions and know what’s going on with my body. I wouldn’t go elsewhere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She’s very black and white, no grey area. If you’re looking for sugar coating - she’s not the one for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Every time I meet with Dr Uhler, she remembers me! That’s my biggest plus with her. I’ve called her at 2am and in pain, and she was there at the ER to meet me that morning. I’ve been with her since 2011 completely self pay through 10 IUIs and 1 IVF, and she always given a self pay discount and always tried to help with meds when available. I’ve recommended friends to her, and she even asks about them when I see her. Great memory, big heart, and very kind.
Describe the protocols Meike Uhler used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Clomid for 2 IUI cycles with trigger. Injectables for 8 IUI cycles with trigger and progesterone suppositories. IVF was birth control, estrogen, baby aspirin, progesterone oil & suppositories, lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie )
I could go on over the years how wonderful Debbie was. For 5 years she was my rock at FCI. Always polite, compassionate through the pain, and even when I cried, cried with me with big hugs. Couldn’t have been more of a cheerleader when I as released to my OB during pregnancy. I’m back trying for baby #2 and Debbie isn’t my nurse anymore due to a rearrangement in the alphabet split amongst the nursing staff.....I actually cried to find she wasn’t going to be my nurse again. But my new new Patricia is just as nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is Very clean, the staff is very polite and educated, when you have an appointment it’s rare you wait very long at all (which was always my biggest plus), their scheduling is very flexible. You’re treated like a person at FCI and not just a number like cattle call. I love the Hinsdale and Warrenville locations (even downtown Chicago location is not terrible but not my prefferred). Dr Uhler is what you go for though in my eyes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I go for an easy time before my 8am shift at work started, so it barely disrupted my day. I am in and out within 30 min for blood and ultrasound. Rarely do I wait to be called, and the room only full of 1-3 other people waiting to also see staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
$45K total to date. $3K per IUI ($30K) and IVF at $14K with embryo storage at $500 per year (2 year). Includes medication costs
PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Uhler] was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe.... We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful.
European, Other
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe. She did seem to believe she had my care figured out from the beginning but clearly there were other factors and we should have gone right to IVF to not waste time or money on IUI.
Be persistent and assertive. If she says something you don’t agree with, so not be afraid to express your opinion. She will be accepting of it.
I felt human because she listened to what I was saying and seemed to genuinely care about our situation.
We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful. Also, one thing that sticks out to me is that I was going to the Bahamas right before we were planning on stopping treatment but they wouldn’t let me continue for 6 months due to possibility of Zika. Which I considered a good thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Diana)
AMAZING!!! I absolutely love the ladies at the Warrenville clinic. Receptionist, ultrasound tech., nurse pratictioner. They are all amazing, compassionate, and trustworthy. They really know their stuff and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths - amazing team at the watrenville clinic. On top of records, payment, and they are knowledgeable. Weaknesses - cannot think of any at this time. A new patient should know that it is extremely busy always but they take the time with you and care.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Uhler] monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it...I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration...She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well. She practices at two 'satellite' locations with FCI which tend to not be a monotonous as the main river north location. I think this helps with a reasonable patient load in turn giving you an individualized experience and not one of "a number."
She will not give you false hope. She will tell you what she thinks based on research and her experience. She can come off as blunt but good clinicians are transparent.
I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration. She monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Sometimes doesn't have time to explain things or appears rushed/frustrated. But have not had any issues with timely communication, results, medication orders, etc.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths are the high success rates, open 7 days a week so you're closely monitored and each office is a well oiled machine.
Ivf self pay 11,500 (inc ICSI, assisted hatching if needed) no insurance coverage
Oakbrook Terrace (closed)
My PCP doctor recommended Dr. Uhler, and made sure to warn me that Dr. Uhler was not as bubbly as my PCP. However, she was great, and seemed more relaxed after our initial consult. She was on time, and willing to get me in as soon as possible in order to work around my school schedule.... Letrozole for 5 days, trigger shot, IUI = BFP on first IUI, successfully gave birth to a baby girl
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Greeted by name, really felt like they were pulling for us to be successful in our journey to parenthood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: LaDonna)
LaDonna (nurse), Shannon (phlebotomist), Patty (ultrasound), and Ralph (reception) were all fantastic! Warm, friendly, and patient in explaining everything.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I like how they start monitoring as early as 6:30 am so that I can get to work on time and not miss too many days just for monitoring. The phone line can sometimes take a while to get through, and doesn't open til long after monitoring starts.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Uhler is very professional. She also has a great sense of humor. She wants you to be comfortable with every step you go through. She will never rush you....When I walk in the clinic [FCI] everyone knows my name. They ask how my husband is and know we have a cat and out cats name. They really care.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not be shamed by the things you have to do.
When I walk in the clinic everyone knows my name. They ask how my husband is and know we have a cat and out cats name. They really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
She gave me full attention and wanted a pregnancy outcome for me as much as I did.