5.4

Hinsdale
907 N. Elm Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
630-889-7900

We chose to place two embryos on our third attempt [with Dr. Meike Uhler] and were made aware of risks and downsides, we have been lucky with great quality embryos, are healthy, and have done pregenetic testing...She did a great job of answering questions and handling the bad news. She was very warm and reassuring when we weren’t successful the first two times and I trusted that she made the right calls.
Marni [nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois] is exceptionally responsive and great at her job. She was reassuring when necessary and a great communicator...Pretty efficient, some waits were longer than others but usually moved pretty quick. You’re able to have monitoring from 645 am to around 12 which is pretty flexible...The clinic itself has a lot of perks. They have many locations, great facilities, are usually quick and are pretty responsive. The downside is sometimes communication regarding insurance and your payment schedule. They are flexible but everything seems to be due at once and it can be hard to tell what the payment schedule options are.
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was extremely knowledgeable and understand of our position. With some male factor issues we felt like with our age and my good results we would have had a better outcome by now. We do feel like she has made the best treatment decisions but that we have been on the wrong side of biology. The only downside was that it’s hard to reach her directly and we had to schedule a separate consult to speak with her directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be prepared to speak with the nurse often and ask your questions for her when you have her in person. Also she rotates among offices so be sure that she is available at your location before scheduling a procedure unless you’re okay with seeing someone else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the protocols Meike Uhler used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
We were pretty straightforward in the initial cycle. She was careful not to over stimulate me. For the second we moved forward with an ERA test and strongly considered testing our embryos. We ultimately decided not to but we’re made aware of all of the options. We are in the two week wait of our third attempt with two embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni)
Marni is exceptionally responsive and great at her job. She was reassuring when necessary and a great communicator.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I unfortunately have a high out of pocket max so we will end up paying around 7k and but they never do a procedure without coverage.
Describe Meike Uhler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We chose to place two embryos on our third attempt and were made aware of risks and downsides, we have been lucky with great quality embryos, are healthy, and have done pregenetic testing so we are holding off on PGS testing for now.
Chicago/River North
She [Dr. Uhler] was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe.... We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful.
AMAZING!!! I absolutely love the ladies at the Warrenville clinic [Fertility Ctr of IL]. Receptionist, ultrasound tech., nurse pratictioner. They are all amazing, compassionate, and trustworthy. They really know their stuff and make you feel comfortable....Strengths - amazing team at the watrenville clinic. On top of records, payment, and they are knowledgeable. Weaknesses - cannot think of any at this time. A new patient should know that it is extremely busy always but they take the time with you and care.
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She was kind, compassionate and caring, but obviously stretched thin between multiple FCI locations. She only was at my location a couple times a week and I only saw her twice I believe. She did seem to believe she had my care figured out from the beginning but clearly there were other factors and we should have gone right to IVF to not waste time or money on IUI.
Be persistent and assertive. If she says something you don’t agree with, so not be afraid to express your opinion. She will be accepting of it.
I felt human because she listened to what I was saying and seemed to genuinely care about our situation.
We did very normal cycles for iui because my follicles grew fine with the medication. I did have a reaction to the first medication I took for follicle growth, so we stopped that pill and my follicle continues to grow and we were able to try iui but was unsuccessful. Also, one thing that sticks out to me is that I was going to the Bahamas right before we were planning on stopping treatment but they wouldn’t let me continue for 6 months due to possibility of Zika. Which I considered a good thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Diana)
AMAZING!!! I absolutely love the ladies at the Warrenville clinic. Receptionist, ultrasound tech., nurse pratictioner. They are all amazing, compassionate, and trustworthy. They really know their stuff and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I scheduled my initial appointment 3 months out and when I went there for my appointment they could not take me because my appointment didn’t exist. Luckily someone had cancelled the following day and I was able to get in. Let me tell you...it is not an easy feat to get that initial appointment. Luckily it all worked out.
Warrenville

She [Dr. Uhler] monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it...I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration...She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well.
Strengths [of FCI] are the high success rates, open 7 days a week so you're closely monitored and each office is a well oiled machine...[Nurses] Sometimes doesn't have time to explain things or appears rushed/frustrated. But have not had any issues with timely communication, results, medication orders, etc...Ivf self pay 11,500 (inc ICSI, assisted hatching if needed) no insurance coverage...She [Dr. Uhler] practices at two 'satellite' locations with FCI which tend to not be a monotonous as the main river north location. I think this helps with a reasonable patient load in turn giving you an individualized experience and not one of "a number."
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She seems to be an experienced and seasoned RE. she can come off as stoic, but that is also a good thing; She does a good job of not instilling false hope. I feel like she is a good communicator and explains things well. She practices at two 'satellite' locations with FCI which tend to not be a monotonous as the main river north location. I think this helps with a reasonable patient load in turn giving you an individualized experience and not one of "a number."
She will not give you false hope. She will tell you what she thinks based on research and her experience. She can come off as blunt but good clinicians are transparent.
I have a unique medical history and feel like she took that into consideration. She monitors you thru the weekends so that another doctor isn't dictating care without knowing you. She calls throughout the cycle to let you know what's she's thinking about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths are the high success rates, open 7 days a week so you're closely monitored and each office is a well oiled machine.
Oakbrook Terrace (closed)

She [Dr. Meike Uhler] is truly a good doctor. Changed up my protocol each time and was very compassionate about my ectopic pregnancy that resulted by one of the IVF cycles. She is very clinical however and its't the most jokey-smiley? But that is what I preferred in a doctor...She was willing to talk to me about my own research I did online, and when I suggested an endometrial scratch she did it for me etc so I would come in and ask questions and not be afraid
I am mainly leaving because they do not offer HGH shots here [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] and I believe that you must cycle with BCPs...BCPs are bad for me as I am a poor responder. Its very organized clean and efficient. I came to love the phlebotomist, ultrasound tech and nurse here. I am very comfortable but feel I have exhausted my options here...Always returned phone calls, made special appointments for me, friendly staff
How was your experience with Meike Uhler at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She is truly a good doctor. Changed up my protocol each time and was very compassionate about my ectopic pregnancy that resulted by one of the IVF cycles. She is very clinical however and its't the most jokey-smiley? But that is what I preferred in a doctor.
Always returned phone calls, made special appointments for me, friendly staff
1st IVF cycle, BCPs then anatagonist protocol. 2nd IVF microflare lupron protocol. 3rd IVF estrogen priming protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: DEbbie)
Debbie is the best! Always called back and had a lot of compassion. I loved working with her
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I am mainly leaving because they do not offer HGH shots here and I believe that you must cycle with BCPs...BCPs are bad for me as I am a poor responder. Its very organized clean and efficient. I came to love the phlebotomist, ultrasound tech and nurse here. I am very comfortable but feel I have exhausted my options here.
Most of it was covered by my insurance but with cost of monitoring co-pays and medicines with 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs I would say I spent around $6K
She was open to whatever we wanted