Meir Olcha

New Hope Fertility Center

Nurse available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolRutgers – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
ResidencyAlbert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Cente
FellowshipAlbert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Cente
4 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meir Olcha to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Hope Fertility Center to a friend?
1st retrieval [with Dr. Olcha] was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage...Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")...He actually cares. I feel he is customizing & tweaking everything based on most recent results. he takes time to explain everything & make sure Im at ease & understand everything. When doing my retrieval (my 1st ever) he explained to me every step of the way which kept me so calm. I know the difference since my prior doc treated me like a #. Dr Olcha is night and day from her & Im soooo happy I switched to him. Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr Olcha was my 2nd doctor here. He came in to explain how they couldn’t do retrieval the next day (what would have been my 1st) since I had ovulated…Orlissa didn’t work for me. He explained to me in 5 mins more than my prior doc at same clinic had explained to me in 2 months with her. He gave me options (clomid to grow rest of follicules vs timed intercourse which he recommended the later). I had a consultation with him since I noticed he was an RE & I just kept thinking of how different (good) I felt with him vs my prior doctor. 10 seconds into the meeting I started crying…it was like all my walls came down & I felt safe…I felt I could ask him and I wasn’t being rushed. He said “don’t cry, you are going to make me cry!”…something my prior doc would have NEVER said. I knew right there he saw me as a person, a human, not just another body. He went on to explain the whole process, calm/not rushed, would draw as he explained, talked in simple terms so you can understand. He looked at my prior results & immediately said what needed to be tweaked. On my 1st egg retrieval – it ended up being an empty follicule (Cyst). Again he came to give me the bad news (vs sending a nurse). He knew my plan didn’t cover it & it was all out of pocket so he said he would process it thru my medical insurance as a cyst removal and if they covered it, I would get a credit with New Hope. That was the case which was a $1250 relief I could use towards next procedure. This also was my 1st retrieval ever. He kept me so calm, telling me what he was doing as he was doing it. That helped a lot! He said we would grow the remaining ones (lutheal fase & plan of action) On my 2nd retrieval, I had 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. It didn’t make it to day 7. He said he would call me but since we had a consultation he figured he explained 1:1. Again he explained everything so clearly going step by step of the process & where my embryo stopped growing. I literally leave his office with so much hope every time since he explains every step & he has a plan of action already. He makes me feel safe & taken care of. He works weekends which is great since less people there. When I get monitoring (blood & sonogram) – I usually see him right after looking at my results & getting to plan of action. He sometimes will either come in during or after the monitoring and answer any questions. He is very hands on. My prior doc I was with for 2 months & saw her twice (1st consultation + a meeting scheduled by me). With Dr Olcha I’ve seem him almost every time I’ve been there & If I don’t, I get very detailed emails from his nurse support team with his recommendations. Im so happy I switched to him. He is the reason I have hope & feel like I can trust the science. That he is looking out for me & doing what is best for me. Its truly customized & making changes as we go & know more. He is night and day from my prior doc & I will recommend him to ANYONE (I already have). He is the best combination of knowledgeable, calm, compassionate, very good at explaining…..he is the PERFECT COMBO OF SCIENCE MEETS HEART! I feel so lucky God put him on my path. I trust he will get me there
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask him anything. He will explain and you will feel so much better after.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
1st retrieval was a cyst so we grew the remaining follicles. He tweaked the Clomid dosage (from 100mg from prior doc to 50 mg)...not sure if since I was in lutheal phase. Next cycle he might do clomid + injectables (Im doing "mini ivf")
I usually deal with those who draw blood + the sonogram. Nurses usually just email the instructions (after you leave). the ones I have dealt at the clinic, some are very dry/no bedside manners....one told me I was pregnant (instead of letting doc tell me...it was a chemical pregnancy)...i saw her again 2 weeks later & she didnt even remember me (even do she did a big mistake).
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strength - Very efficient. You are in & out in 30-60 mins. I have time to get to work before 9am. Never a long wait You come in, check in, then look at monitor which tells you chair to draw blood or sonogram room. After you get email with instructions & next steps. weakness - some of the nurses & Dr Lipkin (no bedside manners)....need a little bit more compassion. My doc is great so it's worth it for me.
super well oiled machine. Window is 7am thru 1pm....7-9am if you want to speak to a doctor. I would get in 7:45 and be our by 8:30-8:45 in time to get to work. Super easy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at New Hope Fertility Center.
retrieval - 1,250 fertilizing egg to embryo - 1,500 Trigger shot - $100 Monthly monitoring - 200-250/month (my health plan covers 80% so I guess cost would be 1k if not)
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Meir Olcha