7.3

205 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
877-916-4244

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ochalski is a caring professional. She listen to our concerns about continuing IUIs and also our worries about IVF to help us come to a conclusion that was best for us. She did not pressure us into anything and was there for support through our choices. ...Dr. Ochalski made us feel like humans, first by getting to know us. She knows our names, our story and why we came to her. She has excellent bedside manor but tells us what we need to hear. She also took it upon herself to be in contact with me during the COVID-19 pandemic. We had a plan to begin our first IVF cycle when our clinic was a.) worried about being shut down and then b.) shutting down new treatments.(I had just finished a week of BC pills and was scheduled to start injections as the pandemic exploded.) She did not ask a nurse to call or give advice and support, she called herself, daily, as things were changing daily at that point.
Shady Grove Fertility has a strong sense of community. It is very clean and organized. They have a portal to receive emails and where everything is easy to get access. They are easy to get a hold of when you call and they maintain a high sense of professionalism. ... Kayla is great at maintaining communication and explanations when needed!
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melanie Ochalski at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
If you’re thinking about it, go see her! ASAP! She’s worth it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melanie Ochalski at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Melanie Ochalski used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
She helped us determine if continuing IUIs would be benifical or if IVF would be a good next step. We are diagnosed with unexplained infertility and we had a poor experience with a previous doctor who was pushing us in a direction we did not understand and we were not getting support or answers. She was able to provide those explanations and made us feel comfortable with our choose to continue with IVF after she helped us discover a potential male factor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla is great at maintaining communication and explanations when needed!
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Ochalski was willing to listen to my concerns. I was never interested in rushing into IVF despite multiple failed IUI attempts. While I left the practice to try another one, I believe she would have let me continue IUI despite her intention to move me onto IVF. She was very patient at consultations and at explaining procedures....hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period...Dr. O was pleasant to work with. She was kind and compassionate. She would take time to answer questions.
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk [AT The Fertility Center of PA] was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success...I remember them [nurses] all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care....
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I never felt like she put me off.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Describe the protocols Melanie Ochalski used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
1 - hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period. I ovulated while taking it based on temperatures. She did bloodwork to verify and stopped taking clomid 2 - tried just clomid (lowest dosage). Had excessively high estrogen levels. Did an ultrasound to check for multiple follicles and discovered hugely enlarged ovary. While waiting probably missed ovulation. 3,4,5 - moved on to Femara based on clomid scare. Dosage increased in hopes of getting more than 1 mature follicle. 6,7 - Femara with IUI. Still generally only getting one follicle 8,9,10 - Femara with follistim injectibles with IUI. Would sometimes get 2 mature follicles, but no pregnancies. Some cycles I supplemented with progesterone based on lab results. I had spotting without being on supplemental progesterone, and decided to always supplement with progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of PA.
I don't remember them individually, but I remember them all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success.
Describe Melanie Ochalski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing. When having an iui perform she would explain exactly what she was doing. When finished she gave me her best wishes on my treatment cycle. On day 21 testing she let me know I had low progesterone and started me on medication. While at the appt she would go over a treatment plan Incase the that cycle did not work.
The clinic [Fertility Center of PA] is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols... The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.... Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask as many questions as you can think if she is very knowledgeable
She spoke to me in great detail and called for follow ups to see how I was feeling
I started off with a clomud cycle 50 mg for an iui. That resulted in a negative next two treatment cycles I was given 100mg of clomid. I was not producing eggs on my left ovary so those cycles were cancelled due to a possibility of a blocked right tube. Last cycle I was given injectables with iui that also resulted in a negative test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of PA.
The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA.
Initial consult was 300$ iui 450$ sperm analysis 90$ blood work 100$ and up

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Ochalski is compassionate, and knowledgable. she explained things as they really are but with a tone and understanding that these options are not to be taken lightly. She helped us as we were to start our treatments as the Coronavirus started to spread in our area. She called us multiple times to help us through the difficult time.... We saw her once for a consultation, she remembered us when we came back in. Not just our names or our chart, but us. What we do, where we work. She felt like a longtime friend.
[Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] is in an office complex, very clean and friendly. It is comfortable and has wonderful equipment. They have a communication portal that keeps everything organized. This is a branch location, but I never felt slighted.... Kayla is a great communicator, communicating through email, and through calls. She makes sure you know exactly what to expect and what you need to do next. She is friendly and compassionate.
She used facts to explain to us where we are and where we could go with our treatments. She explained different studies and showed us our own personal outcome predictions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
It is in an office complex, very clean and friendly. It is comfortable and has wonderful equipment. They have a communication portal that keeps everything organized. This is a branch location, but I never felt slighted.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr O [Melanie Ochalski] always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
The hours for any ultrasound appointment [at The Fertility Center of PA-York] are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.... The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr O always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Feel free to open up and be honest with how you are feeling.
Dr. O has a way of making you feel like you are special, like you aren't just another patient that walked through the door. She sincerely wants success for you, and she is disappointed when things don't work out.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The hours for any ultrasound appointment are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.
Treated 2016
Dr. Ochalski was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility...Dr. O and Michelle have been great to work with. They explain every aspect of treatment very clearly and in a caring manner. My husband was impressed that Dr. O went out of her way to introduce herself...
I felt like The Fertility Center [Lancaster] understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider...[Nurses were...] Friendly, punctual, and informative...Don't hesitate to get scheduled and feel free to bring up any questions or concerns...
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility.
Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of PA.
Friendly, punctual, and informative.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I got pregnant on my first cycle! I know that was fortunate. If it wasn't for the fertility center I do not think I would be pregnant. The combination of clomid and IUI worked great for me. I'm so glad I switched to them. My prior provider was still doing diagnostic tests after months of visits. I felt like the fertility center understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider.
Costs were consistent with rates in this area.
Treated 2017
She [Dr. Melanie Ochalski] was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her...gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of PA]. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office...I don't think there are any weaknesses. All staff members have been supportive, positive and always encouraging. Underlying faith based practice which I love. They are always on time for appointments and very open and specific about what is happening.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her.
She was amazing. She was so mind and gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of PA.
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office
all my monitoring was covered under my insurance, IUI was about $400
Treated 2015
She's [Dr. Ochalski] amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
[The Fertility Center nurses were]compassionate and caring...There were a few issues with financing...Some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She's amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
She will help you get through this journey
In a way, some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care but the doctors and one nurse were very caring.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of PA.
How compassionate and caring they were
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA.
Needs an iui during a snow storm and they still showed up even though it took hours to get there but my husbands sperm had been in the cup for longer than the time alotted but they still said it was ok. There were a few issues with financing as well and the practice manager was rude about it.

Treated 2020
Most items are not covered by insurance but their [Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia's] billing team claims that they are. Check with your insurance directly before you get a huge bill...Not good [experience with Dr. Ochalski] from the male perspective...I was on a medication that reduced sperm count short term and told her...she made me take the sperm test right away knowing this. She then called me up and told me I had a sperm count of 1. Went again to take my sperm test over independently and had over 110 Million sperm in the sample. How could a "fertility expert" make such a reckless mistake!!! Not good for the male!!! Do the sperm test independently.
Not good from the male perspective. Was on a medication that lowered my sperm count temporarily. Made sure that she was aware of this. Told me to take the sperm count anyways. She called me up and recklessly told me I had 1 living sperm in the sample and that I needed to see the "excellent" urologist in Towson, MD. I went to see a urologist independent in Lancaster after I was off the medication and ended up with a sperm count of 110 Million. She gave me a lame excuse, but the mental trauma was still there from her misdiagnosis. How could a so-called "fertility expert" make such a bad diagnosis?
Do as much as you can independently of SGF.
Not good from the male perspective...I was on a medication that reduced sperm count short term and told her...she made me take the sperm test right away knowing this. She then called me up and told me I had a sperm count of 1. Went again to take my sperm test over independently and had over 110 Million sperm in the sample. How could a "fertility expert" make such a reckless mistake!!! Not good for the male!!! Do the sperm test independently.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Amy)
Did everything that the Doctor told her to do even though I told her that I was on the medication as well. Did not go back to Ochalski to confirm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Do as much as you can independently. They try to lead you in with misinformation and trap you. Most items are not covered by insurance but their billing team claims that they are. Check with your insurance directly before you get a huge bill.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?