The Fertility Center of PA

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
717-544-3553
130 Leader Heights Road
York, PA 17403
717-747-3214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melanie Ochalski to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The Fertility Center of PA to a friend?
Dr. Ochalski was willing to listen to my concerns. I was never interested in rushing into IVF despite multiple failed IUI attempts. While I left the practice to try another one, I believe she would have let me continue IUI despite her intention to move me onto IVF. She was very patient at consultations and at explaining procedures....hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period...Dr. O was pleasant to work with. She was kind and compassionate. She would take time to answer questions.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. I never felt like she put me off.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Describe the protocols Melanie Ochalski used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of PA and their degree of success.
1 - hadn't had a period in a few months. Started me immediately on clomid without inducing a period. I ovulated while taking it based on temperatures. She did bloodwork to verify and stopped taking clomid 2 - tried just clomid (lowest dosage). Had excessively high estrogen levels. Did an ultrasound to check for multiple follicles and discovered hugely enlarged ovary. While waiting probably missed ovulation. 3,4,5 - moved on to Femara based on clomid scare. Dosage increased in hopes of getting more than 1 mature follicle. 6,7 - Femara with IUI. Still generally only getting one follicle 8,9,10 - Femara with follistim injectibles with IUI. Would sometimes get 2 mature follicles, but no pregnancies. Some cycles I supplemented with progesterone based on lab results. I had spotting without being on supplemental progesterone, and decided to always supplement with progesterone.
I don't remember them individually, but I remember them all being pleasant and easy to talk to. They were always willing to answer questions. They would ask about my life outside of receiving care.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I liked Dr. Ochalski, but did not prefer the times I met with Dr. Filer. I didn't think he responded well to concerns. The front desk was great to work with. The ultrasound tech was super sweet and felt like she was truly concerned with my success.
Describe Melanie Ochalski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of PA.
2014 - 2017
Dr ochalski. Spoke to me in terms I could understand. She was through with her exams and testing. She called me on non treatment cycles to check in how I was doing. When having an iui perform she would explain exactly what she was doing. When finished she gave me her best wishes on my treatment cycle. On day 21 testing she let me know I had low progesterone and started me on medication. While at the appt she would go over a treatment plan Incase the that cycle did not work.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Ask as many questions as you can think if she is very knowledgeable
She spoke to me in great detail and called for follow ups to see how I was feeling
I started off with a clomud cycle 50 mg for an iui. That resulted in a negative next two treatment cycles I was given 100mg of clomid. I was not producing eggs on my left ovary so those cycles were cancelled due to a possibility of a blocked right tube. Last cycle I was given injectables with iui that also resulted in a negative test.
The nursing staff was compassionate. Answered all questions with empathy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The clinic is clean and relaxing. They don’t have to many people coming in and out at once. Their prices are on the reasonable side. The nurses always call when they say they will with results or protocols
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA.
Initial consult was 300$ iui 450$ sperm analysis 90$ blood work 100$ and up
2014 - 2017
Dr O [Melanie Ochalski] always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr O always makes you feel comfortable. She will explain things in a manner that most anyone is able to understand, even if she has to draw a picture or discuss it with you 3 different times. She is sincere and you can tell that when you are hurting she actually cares. She is delicate and treats everyone with respect. She always is sure to discuss something with you on a personal level, outside of what you're coming in for. She is professional but also has a way of making you feel like a friend. The only negative I can even mention is that she is working in 2 locations and I am not always able to see her, but I do know that she is willing to adjust her schedule for you even if it affects her personal life.
Feel free to open up and be honest with how you are feeling.
Dr. O has a way of making you feel like you are special, like you aren't just another patient that walked through the door. She sincerely wants success for you, and she is disappointed when things don't work out.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
The hours for any ultrasound appointment are very difficult to work around, especially with the work you are already missing for treatments, tests, and procedures.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Ochalski was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility...Dr. O and Michelle have been great to work with. They explain every aspect of treatment very clearly and in a caring manner. My husband was impressed that Dr. O went out of her way to introduce herself...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
Dr. O was very supportive and took time to thoroughly address my questions and concerns. She's just what we needed while dealing with the challenges of unexplained infertility.
Don't hesitate to get scheduled and feel free to bring up any questions or concerns.
Clomid and IUI
Friendly, punctual, and informative.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I got pregnant on my first cycle! I know that was fortunate. If it wasn't for the fertility center I do not think I would be pregnant. The combination of clomid and IUI worked great for me. I'm so glad I switched to them. My prior provider was still doing diagnostic tests after months of visits. I felt like the fertility center understood my needs and priorities. I felt heard and supported. Even if I wouldn't have conceived right away, I would still recommend them. It's so important to feel comfortable with your provider.
Costs were consistent with rates in this area.
5 IUI, IVF
She [Dr. Melanie Ochalski] was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her...gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
5 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She was the most compassionate and empathetic doctor i could have asked for, especially at that time. She made me feel like she cared about me personally, not just as a patient. I was so grateful for her.
She was amazing. She was so mind and gentle when she told me i was having a heterotopic pregnancy. She called me at home to discuss my levels after receiving my bloodwork, and made sure to be present at my next ultrasound so she could be there with me.
I have always felt very supported by the nursing staff. They know me by name which is comforting every time i walk in the office
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of PA.
I don't think there are any weaknesses. All staff members have been supportive, positive and always encouraging. Underlying faith based practice which I love. They are always on time for appointments and very open and specific about what is happening.
all my monitoring was covered under my insurance, IUI was about $400
Anovulation, Unexplained
She's [Dr. Ochalski] amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Melanie Ochalski at The Fertility Center of PA?
She's amazing! Very understanding and sympathetic towards my infertility journey. Very encouraging. Very caring!
She will help you get through this journey
In a way, some people that worked there gave me the impression they didn't care but the doctors and one nurse were very caring.
How compassionate and caring they were
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of PA?