Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine

FellowshipStanford U.
Jacksonville
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melinda Henne to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
She [Dr. Henne] called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy...She is up to date on current research. I felt like she was on our team and really tried all avenues. I didn’t feel like a number. There was a personalized approach to my treatment and protocol. Great bed side manner... Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Leslie [nurse at USF IVF] became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey...I feel like they take an outside of the box approach with protocols and treatments. They are pretty conservative. Getting in to start the process is painfully long. You have to stay on top of them (Joy) so things don’t fall thru the cracks and cause delays. Since it’s an educational practice associated with a university the doctors are also teachers. Their costs are a little cheaper than other local clinics and you get access to meds from the hospital which beats any pharmacy.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Melinda Henne at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melinda Henne at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
She called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Melinda Henne used in your cycles at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I had a problem with thin lining. We cancelled two FETs, did two ERAs and eventually did on unsuccessful FET with another dr in the practice. They never checked my lining. Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Moya)
Leslie became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey. Amanda is also amazing. Joy, on the other hand, was an awful communicator and had no compassion. Do not recommend working with Joy
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melinda Henne at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Insurance covered my retrieval. We paid $4100 for the FET
Describe Melinda Henne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
We only had 1 embryo
USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology
Tampa
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melinda Henne at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.

3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Henne is extremely thorough and doesn’t miss a beat. She’s kind and has a wonderful bedside manner, but doesn’t sugar coat things. She never rushes through an appointment and makes sure all questions are answered before you leave.... Dr. Henne has completely changed my plan and put me on a batching cycle. Which means I’ll do 3 retrievals, freeze all embryos, send for testing, then transfer.
[Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine is] a huge office with many doctors, but it’s very individualized care. They have multiple locations, but I recommend the downtown location. I never waited long for any appointment. And they don’t weigh you at every appointment!... I have diminished ovarian reserve. My previous doctor never changed the protocol and immediately started talking about donor eggs. Dr. Henne has completely changed my plan and put me on a batching cycle. Which means I’ll do 3 retrievals, freeze all embryos, send for testing, then transfer.
3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient and know that a long road means that she is covering all the bases to get you your baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Even on her days off, she was always available via cell to answer questions. She called me personally from her office to give me updates.
Describe the protocols Melinda Henne used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Parker )
Very friendly, know you by name
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a huge office with many doctors, but it’s very individualized care. They have multiple locations, but I recommend the downtown location. I never waited long for any appointment. And they don’t weigh you at every appointment!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
1 round of IVF was about $14,000.
Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine
Jacksonville
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Melinda Henne] was very transparent with me. She listened to my concerns and was willing to start treatments without repeating all of the uncomfortable and unnecessary testing that i have already had done at my previous clinic.... She took time to discuss with me the reality of my situation and how hard it would be to get pregnant. She didn’t say it was impossible but provided details explaining why it would be difficult.
It was very quick checking in [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endo- Tampa]. I had my paperwork already competed which helped make things go quicker. Have your ID out and that will also make it go quicker. Easy to locate.... The nurse called in the wrong medication which almost made me pass out bc my sugar dropped so low.... I remember IUI was roughly around $700
She was very transparent with me. She listened to my concerns and was willing to start treatments without repeating all of the uncomfortable and unnecessary testing that i have already had done at my previous clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melinda Henne at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
Go with questions. She will answer them honestly.
I went for consultation. She wants to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
It was very quick checking in. I had my paperwork already competed which helped make things go quicker. Have your ID out and that will also make it go quicker. Easy to locate. This has to be 200 words to submit so I’m rambling now to make it 200 words.
I remember IUI was roughly around $700
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology