4.6

2005 Technology Pkwy
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
877-916-4244

2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
When I first met [Dr. Melissa] Espositto I felt like I was at the right place & she made me feel like family. I will be forever thankful for all she did to help us achieve one of our dreams of having a child. She was compassionate & caring from the beginning & throughout all my bad experiences. I just wish from the start some things would of been mentioned about doing like pgs testing & ERA biopsy not at the end when I had practically used all my embryos. It was nice when she would call me before a transfer & wish me good luck but towards the end it was always communicating w the nurse.
Sometimes this clinic [Shady Grove-Harrisburg] is extremely busy so don't expect to be in & out in 30min. Always ask questions to make sure you are all on same page. Front desk could be more knowledgeable. There was a few times I was there & asked hey wasn't I supposed to have this done today. Then they were like hold on let me check & would come back in to say yeah you are right.
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
When I first met Espositto I felt like I was at the right place & she made me feel like family. I will be forever thankful for all she did to help us achieve one of our dreams of having a child. She was compassionate & caring from the beginning & throughout all my bad experiences. I just wish from the start some things would of been mentioned about doing like pgs testing & ERA biopsy not at the end when I had practically used all my embryos. It was nice when she would call me before a transfer & wish me good luck but towards the end it was always communicating w the nurse. I am currently trying yet for another baby but unfortunately have to start over from a retrieval & switched drs due to I feel abandoned by her now. I know she is a great dr but for some reason she refuses to call me or maybe the nurse isn't asking her to. She has been a blessing to me but I have a new dr now that I hope will give it their all to help me achieve my dreams of having a second baby!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Don't be hesitant to ask questions or second guess anything! She is a great dr but its your future♡
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I would say I got treated more like a human until after my first & only live birth. Then I felt more like a number after that cuz it was the same protocols time after time & results were similar unfortunately.
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
One retrieval 10 eggs 9 mature & all 9 fertilized w Icsi to great quality blasts. Transferred 1 fresh ended in chemical. 2nd FET w 1 was neg. 3rd FET w 2 was pos & ended in live birth♡. 4th FET w 2 was pos but ended in MC at 9wks. 5th FET w 2 was pos but ended in MC at 7.5 wks. 6th FET w 1 was chemical but embryo stuck in catheter & had to reprep it for transfer again. My 3rd -6th i did endo scratch w prednisolone & lovenox w other transfer meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
She was always good at responding to emails & phone calls. There was a few times there was miscommunications & I'm glad I asked questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Sometimes this clinic is extremely busy so don't expect to be in & out in 30min. Always ask questions to make sure you are all on same page. Front desk could be more knowledgeable. There was a few times I was there & asked hey wasn't I supposed to have this done today. Then they were like hold on let me check & would come back in to say yeah you are right.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
You could go in at certain hrs in morn & mostly when it worked best for you. Sometimes you could go in & it was extremely busy & waited a long time. Then there was days you were in & out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Many many $1000s. Too much unfortunately. All out of pocket
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
She said one for 1st two transfers but after that it was 2.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I had to repeat a test that required taking more injections so they could repeat it due to first time they collected the wrong amount of tissue. Plus put my plans yet another month behind.
Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia
Mechanicsburg

2012 - 2017, Successful
We had special requests to only fertalize a few eggs at a time due to our religious beliefs and she [Dr. Esposito] was totally in board with it. She cares about us and wants to make us happy...she always heard me when I spoke though. She had time for me when I get an appt slot with her. She explains things very clearly and throughly. Highly recommend her. I just wish I was able to contact her more easily for a specific question...she Is very busy and hard to get to talk to but great bed side manner..
The sgfc [Shady Grove - Frederick] strengths are they are good communicators most of the time. The receptionists are fantastic!! ...My current nurse has good and bad days. After I brought light to the issue she has been much better if a communicator and more compassionate. I also thinks the nurses are expected too much off and are potentially over worked. The nursing staff as a whole I can't say enough good things about!!...there is a lot of financial options. Shared risk program which we did twice, shared help discount which we always received 25-30% off which can be combined with the shared tick program sometimes.
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
We had special requests to only fertalize a few eggs at a time due to our religious beliefs and she was totally in board with it. She cares about us and wants to make us happy but also try's to seat us of making potential mistakes with decisions. She always heard me when I spoke though. She had time for me when I get an appt slot with her. She explains things very clearly and throughly. Highly recommend her. I just wish I was able to contact her more easily for a specific question. Sometimes it seems as if they have too much on each of their plates.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust her
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
She treated me good, she Is very busy and hard to get to talk to but great bed side manner
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My first ivf was with my husbands sperm and it didn't take. I was in progesterone suppositories and estrace pills. My second cycle was with donor sperm. It much different but ended on miscarriage. Later the donor was recalled due to an issue with another pregnancy. My 3-7 cycles we did an implantation protocol consisting of progesterone in oil injections, estrodiol injections and lovenox blood thinner injections. I also did 1-2 endometrial scratches to help with implantation. 2 miscarriages, 1 live birth, and I'm still in my 2 week wait with my last cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tony)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The sgfc strengths are they are good communicators most of the time. The receptionists are fantastic!! I have. Even a patient for 7 or so years and have gotten to know most by first name basis and most are great. You also have to take into consideration that they all have lives too and they are allowed to have off days like the rest of us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility.
Each cycle was different. The there is a lot of financial options. Shared risk program which we did twice, shared help discount which we always received 25-30% off which can be combined with the shared tick program sometimes. There is fertility finance that you can get loans through and the case foundation and savannah grants.
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
She prefers eSET however I have always transferred 2 (except once I transferred one due to online having one) she was willing to listen to my request and granted it after telling me the risks is twin preganancy
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
It's really only with the one nurse. The clinic as a while I have been fine with.
Frederick
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Embryo Freezing
She [Esposito] is very smart and professional. She makes sure that we understand the process and cares about our opinions. She is very friendly, honest and kind but must importantly she has not gave up on us. She makes us things that there still hope for us.... We have used the Antagonist protocol with birth control pills and the Antagonist-Vivelle protocol without birth control pills. I remember I used Lupron in one of the cycle after my second surgery
We love the professional environment [Shady Grove- Rockville]. The doctors, nurses and staff services is very good, considering the amount of patients that they see on a daily bases.... My nurse is very professional, kind, honest and friendly. She always try to find the way to help us. She makes sure that we understand every protocol and the used of the medication.... We are part of a Program which $20,000 for 6 IVF cycle Medication cost of each cycle is around $10,000 to $15,000 depending of the length of the cycle.
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
She is very smart and professional. She makes sure that we understand the process and cares about our opinions. She is very friendly, honest and kind but must importantly she has not gave up on us. She makes us things that there still hope for us.
I would advise to be very open and honest.
I felt like a human because they understand how difficult this process has been for us and they always trying to help you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My husband and I are very happy with their service. We love the professional environment. The doctors, nurses and staff services is very good, considering the amount of patients that they see on a daily bases.
Rockville