4.6

Melissa Esposito works at

2005 Technology Pkwy
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
877-916-4244

[Dr. Esposito] manages our IVF cycle...prescribes and adjust the fertility drugs...does/has not perform(ed) any of the procedures...we currently have one frozen embryo. My wife's cancer diagnosis requires constant communication with her oncologist...responsive to planning a course of action that balances achieving our pregnancy goals with urgency of seeking a positive outcome and prognosis from the cancer treatment.
Communication is done through a patient portal...there is a lot of room for missed communications and miscommunication...We do not feel Shady Grove did an adequate job of preparing us for what was to come...had the wrong phone number in my records...After claiming to correct the error, it continued...took nearly 6 months to notify us about masses in my wife's uterus...later determine to be cancerous.
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Espisito is the doctor who manages our IVF cycle. She prescribes and adjust the fertility drugs during a cycle. She does/has not perform(ed) any of the procedures (egg retrieval, diagnostics or implantation). Under Dr. Espisito's guidance, we currently have one frozen embryo. My wife's cancer diagnosis requires constant communication with her oncologist as the IVF treatments progress. She has been responsive to planning a course of action that balances achieving our pregnancy goals with urgency of seeking a positive outcome and prognosis from the cancer treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
After the initial consultation with Dr. Esposito, be prepared to go through the communication "firewall" put in place by Shady Grove. Communication is done through a patient portal. Each patient has an assigned nurse, but there is a lot of room for missed communications and miscommunication. This can be frustrating. The corporate communication structure is beyond the doctor's control, but one should be aware of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Espisito is very pleasant, but occasionally seems rushed.
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
The treatment protocols have been fairly standard in terms of medication and dosing. The lone adjustment was a prescription to maintain hormone levels that agree with the cancer treatment. Adjustments to the dosing were made after each diagnostic test (blood work and ultrasound).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tracy then Rachel)
Simply, they are great.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The paperwork to start an IVF cycle can be overwhelming. Also, the emotional roller-coaster that is IVF is a challenge. We do not feel Shady Grove did an adequate job of preparing us for what was to come. However, once enrolled in a program, the clinic visits for diagnostic testing and egg retrieval have always been a positive experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
All out of pocket. IVF is prohibitively expensive.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
They had the wrong phone number in my records. Went several months without hearing back from them. After claiming to correct the error, it continued. It took nearly 6 months to notify us about masses in my wife's uterus. These weer later determine to be cancerous.
Mechanicsburg

[Dr. Melissa Esposito] She validated my feelings of despair, allowed me to cry it out then explained how she could help...she was following my progress and even personally called to let me know my IVF cycle was canceled due to COVID 19...[she] recommends single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples...The first cycle I did 5mg for 5 days. My follicles didn't respond so I was given Clomid for 5 days...the next 2 cycles I alternated 5mg and 7.5mg for a total of 5 days
I have/had a lot of questions and my nurse [of SGF Philadelphia] was always very timely in her responses...[staff]They always greeted me by name so it made you feel welcome...I had a $40 copay for each time I met with Dr. Esposito and for each ultrasound performed during monitoring. Medication for each timed intercourse cycle was between $89-$90. IVF was about $23,000...[Dr. Esposito] She gave me the science behind everything which is what I needed and together we came up with a plan
I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Esposito. She validated my feelings of despair, allowed me to cry it out then explained how she could help. She gave me the science behind everything which is what I needed and together we came up with a plan that everyone was comfortable with. Even though I didn't see her for most of my monitoring sessions, I know she was following my progress and even personally called to let me know my IVF cycle was canceled due to COVID 19. I know that couldn't have been easy for her. I left my consult with hope. During timed intercourse she adjusted my medication as needed and explained everything. I felt well taken care of!
Be open and honest with her about your goals and what you are comfortable doing. She was customize your treatment for you but will take your feelings and desires into consideration.
When my husband and I had our consult, we had just suffered our third miscarriage with no previous live births. Achieving our dream of building a family together seemed so hopeless. We had been trying for over 2 years. Dr. Esposito let me cry and explained how she could help us. She was so positive she could help us achieve our goal and explained the whole process to us including our options. I left that appointment with more hope than I expected and I felt like she was on our team, fighting beside us.
I did 3 cycles of timed intercourse using Letrozole. The first cycle I did 5mg for 5 days. My follicles didn't respond so I was given Clomid for 5 days. I then had an over response. For the next 2 cycles I alternated 5mg and 7.5mg for a total of 5 days. That seemed to be the right dosage for me because by cycle day 10 or 11 I was ready for my trigger shot. My body responded well to everything, the follicles grew as they were supposed to but none of the cycles ended with a pregnancy. After speaking with Dr. Esposito we decided to go straight to IVF. We were getting ready to start our first IVF cycle when it got canceled due to COVID 19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I have/had a lot of questions and my nurse was always very timely in her responses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
They were very timely and easy to work with. They always greeted me by name so it made you feel welcome. The clinic was very light and calming. The whole staff have been great to work with, no complaints.
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
My doctor recommends single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples.
Mechanicsburg

She [Dr. Esposito] is warm and kind. She makes direct eye contact and doesn't interrupt when you're talking. She is very willing to give more or less detail based on your feedback. She never seems like she's in a hurry...a very professional doctor who maintains the high standard of the clinic without feeling cold or clinical. She is very conversational with patients but is able to answer questions directly and provide more or less information based on your level of inquiry.
Shady Grove is all about education. They have unlimited opportunities to better your understanding of yourself, your fertility journey, their treatments and services, as well as the case histories of other patients in similar fertility stages, treatments and outcomes...The nursing staff is professional, polite, conversational and willing to go the extra step to ensure quality patient care...IUI is 1,800 per cycle--Medication costs were per insurance provider.
Dr. Esposito is a very professional doctor who maintains the high standard of the clinic without feeling cold or clinical. She is very conversational with patients but is able to answer questions directly and provide more or less information based on your level of inquiry. I appreciate the balance between her warm manner and high level of professionalism. Our conversations have always been candid and thorough. She is gentle when performing evaluations and never seems like she is in a hurry.
Don't make any assumptions based on fear or lack of experience--the best way to make the next step is to get more information. The more you know the better prepared you are to move forward with clarity and confidence.
She is warm and kind. She makes direct eye contact and doesn't interrupt when you're talking. She is very willing to give more or less detail based on your feedback. She never seems like she's in a hurry.
The trajectory that we have mapped out with Dr. Esposito is to start my first round of fertility medications this month, starting with medication and ovulation charting the first round and then move to medication with timed intercourse and then medication, egg harvesting an then IUI as necessary.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
IUI is 1,800 per cycle--Medication costs were per insurance provider.
Mechanicsburg
Dr. Esposito cared deeply about our desire to be parents. She was patient through the process of explaining everything to us even if she had to repeat herself. She was very empathetic and was supportive of the way we wanted to go about treatment.... She made sure to answer our questions fully and she covered all risks involved. We appreciated how she spoke to us in a down-to-earth manner and she treated us with importance and sensitivity. She was reassuring and when our first cycle failed she felt deeply unsatisfied and outlined exactly how the protocol would change and how she was going to make this happen for us.
They [Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] are organized, communicative, flexible and make sure your experience is to your satisfaction. I expressed concerns about the financial counselor we were assigned and we received a phone call the very next day from our new financial counselor.... We exhausted insurance benefits for 2nd cycle so we opted to go with Shared Risk so we had a fair shot at making and bringing our baby home. Shared Risk is out of pocket and runs $19,500 plus $3,500 for genetic testing.
Dr. Esposito was explicit in her explanation of treatment. She made sure to answer our questions fully and she covered all risks involved. We appreciated how she spoke to us in a down-to-earth manner and she treated us with importance and sensitivity. She was reassuring and when our first cycle failed she felt deeply unsatisfied and outlined exactly how the protocol would change and how she was going to make this happen for us. "I just want to make your dream of becoming parents come true", those were her exact words.
Have faith. Trust the process. Ask questions- there is no such thing as "too many questions". Make sure you feel like all of your concerns are addressed and you are being heard. If you are a patient of Dr. Esposito, you will have no trouble with that. Be upfront and transparent.
I was on a menopur/gonal protocol with femera to keep my endometriosis at bay and introduced cetrotide towards the end of stims to prevent ovulation. Triggered with HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Amy Cicero)
Amy was out of this world, amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better nurse. So patient and so incredibly kind hearted. Such an amazing communicator.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
They are organized, communicative, flexible and make sure your experience is to your satisfaction. I expressed concerns about the financial counselor we were assigned and we received a phone call the very next day from our new financial counselor.
Meds were between $5K-$6K, genetic testing was $5K. The rest was covered by my insurance. We exhausted insurance benefits for 2nd cycle so we opted to go with Shared Risk so we had a fair shot at making and bringing our baby home. Shared Risk is out of pocket and runs $19,500 plus $3,500 for genetic testing.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
While our nurse Amy was off, the nurse that was covering for her omitted the development of 2 of our embryos. Everything got cleared up the following day.
Mechanicsburg

I loved her [Dr. Melissa Esposito]. I loved that she was blunt about things and her opinions... always having research to back it up too!...I did 6 IUIs, and she was up front that she only wanted to do 3 max, less if we were comfortable. She doesn't like IUIs as much due to such low success rates. I totally agree with her!! Unfortunately my insurance forced us to do 6 before moving onto IVF. We did 3 cycles on clomid, 3 cycles on injectable meds then moved onto Antagonist Protocol for IVF with ICSI.
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds...I loved everything about this clinic [Shady Grove at Camp Hill]. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
I loved her. I loved that she was blunt about things and her opinions... always having research to back it up too!
She doesn't always have a filter, but I loved that. She's eccentric and very knowledgeable.
Dr Esposito always took time to talk to me after our appointments, she wouldn't just rush out. She always remembered everything about us and would even stop and talk to us in the hallway. When I was in the room still for different procedures, she would run out to waiting room and let my husband know I was good. She was optimistic but honest about percentages and didn't sugar coat things. Also took time to explain anything we needed in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
The nurses are always very sweet! They talk and get to know you... they were very kind to me as I faint often when I have blood taken. Eventually got it under control, but they were soooo patient
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I loved everything about this clinic. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds. Luckily we have insurance contracted rate which knocked it to $7000 and then insurance paid $4700 of that. So for us it was around $6400. IUI Was about $500-$700 contracted rate I think
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Esposito gave us Hope and Faith that she will do everything possible to help us through this process. She offered every option and let us choose what we felt was best for our family. She was kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable. She was prompt on responding and very down-to-earth when needed to be.... Our first cycle was IVF with insurance, we did gonal and menopur for our first cycle. We are getting ready to go through another cycle with the femara
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them [Shady Grove] at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband....[Cost of Treatment] They are very comparable to the ones in our area. They have many options for treatment and cost... Tracy was so compassionate when I cried she cried. She felt so much love for me as a patient
I would suggest to have some good beneficial questions.
Dr. Esposito made a personal connection with both me and my husband. She made us feel comfortable. And answered every question we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Mccelland)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband.
None
2006 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Esposito was patient and caring. During our experience she willing to explain the reproductive science, as well as, health risks. She had a sense of humor but was absolutely professional. We received excellent care and results!...[protocols] Tracking menstral cycle and learning about fertile periods....The clinic [Shady Grove] was kept very clean and the staff was extremely professional. Any medical advice that was offered was personal and confidential.
The clinic [Shady Grove] was kept very clean and the staff was extremely professional. Any medical advice that was offered was personal and confidential. The clinics waiting space and it’s medical rooms were all comfortable environments. They answered phone calls and questions in a timely manner....[Nursing Staff] Professional and caring...Dr. Esposito was patient and caring. During our experience she willing to explain the reproductive science, as well as, health risks.
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
Eat well, keep stress at bay and trust your Doctor.
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Tracking menstral cycle and learning about fertile periods.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic was kept very clean and the staff was extremely professional. Any medical advice that was offered was personal and confidential. The clinics waiting space and it’s medical rooms were all comfortable environments. They answered phone calls and questions in a timely manner.
Frederick
2019, Consult
She [Dr. Esposito] was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation... Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one... [Eset Approach] Yes prefers using only 1 at a time... She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
[Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia is] Very organized. Responds quickly by phone email or patient portal if any questions. Easy to get appointments with a not so flexible work schedule. Billing department is also great and very helpful in picking the right financial plan... Tracey is an excellent fertility coordinator and has empathy and compassion in what she does... She [Dr. Esposito] took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
She was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation
Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one
She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic Dr. Filer
We didnt have our 2nd cycle yet. We just switched to this new clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Not available yet since we are still deciding on whats financially best for us
Yes prefers using only 1 at a time