6.9

Staten Island, NY 10314
Lower Manhattan
65 Broadway
718.736.2218

Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional ... I was given a treatment for my hormones because I was having menstration disorder and she made sure that the treatment I was doing it right she even call me to make sure I was doing it right ... I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave ... I don’t remember the nurses by name but I know them by face they are very supportive and very kind ...
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional .My experience with her is always good I will recommend her to anyone . I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
The advice that I will give to a prospective patient is to write all your questions that you have to ask her and she will be very gladly to answer you .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She is a great doctor she is always willing to explain to you everything you want to know . She makes you feel comfortable and she really knows what she is doing and saying very dedicated with her patients .
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have a co payment of $50 dollars all the time I have to see her and others payments for blood test and sonogram. To do the IVF and other procedure I have to pay $10,000 out of pocket but I can not afford that
Describe Melissa Montes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Lower Manhattan

We felt like she [Dr. Montes] only cared about certain people. Like there was no hope for us so she didn't invest in us. We only had the means for us to do one fresh cycle and one FET. She was pushing us to carry out PGS but we didn't have the money and at that point we felt like she stopped being interested....be more assertive as we let Dr Montes guide us and we should have made our own decisions....there were very high doses of clomid, menipur (6 vials a day), cetrotide as well. Then clexane, steroids, antibiotics. It was a lot.
I felt like Kofinas was all about numbers and making money and not about who we were. Like our dreams were being used....It is well located and in a relatively reputable hospital. They overdo the visits and blood tests and charge too much to the health insurance. this makes IVF sound expensive and make it inaccessible to the general population....It was all about waiting for hours. It took up so much time and they asked you to come in three times a week. It is very difficult to have a working life and add that to the schedule.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
We felt like she only cared about certain people. Like there was no hope for us so she didn't invest in us. We only had the means for us to do one fresh cycle and one FET. She was pushing us to carry out PGS but we didn't have the money and at that point we felt like she stopped being interested.
You need to have a lot of time on your hands because you need to wait hours and go in to the hospital at least 3 times a week. Also, be more assertive as we let Dr Montes guide us and we should have made our own decisions.
I don't remember much but there were very high doses of clomid, menipur (6 vials a day), cetrotide as well. Then clexane, steroids, antibiotics. It was a lot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were different all the time. It was difficult to get them on the phone for results. We always felt like we were bothering them.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It was 20000 per ICSI cycle
I agree with single embryo transfers as I understand the risks of multiple births.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Upper West Side

2020, Consult
She [Dr. Melissa Montes] listened and was reassuring yet honest in terms of my conditions of fibroids. She shared that her job was to get me pregnant and there were options if I was willing. They would conduct IVF on me despite my advanced age...She did a through consultation and discussed full medical history. She conducted a physical exam...single embryo transfer.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] clinic 's staff are through and professional. They are kind and respectful to the diverse group of clients. The billing department also ensures that the services are through. Weaknesses - none...he nursing staff was kind and compassionate... clinic has taken Blue Cross/Blue Shield - I've only had to pay co-pays ($30 per visit/bloodwork). For IVF is over 45 years of age, they take GHI/Emblem Health.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She listened and was reassuring yet honest in terms of my conditions of fibroids. She shared that her job was to get me pregnant and there were options if I was willing. They would conduct IVF on me despite my advanced age. This was reassuring to me. I was terrified that my dream of becoming a mother would not come to pass. There are no guarantees yet I am holding onto to hope and faith that I can get pregnant and carry my baby.
Be open.
Natural supplements such as a Prenatal Vitamin, CoQ10, Mitchrondial Optimizer. I also added DHEA. I was given Clomid and did well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic 's staff are through and professional. They are kind and respectful to the diverse group of clients. The billing department also ensures that the services are through. Weaknesses - none
I have been fortunate to say what the clinic has taken Blue Cross/Blue Shield - I've only had to pay co-pays ($30 per visit/bloodwork). For IVF is over 45 years of age, they take GHI/Emblem Health.
Wanted to optimizer chances of healthy pregnancy - single embryo transfer.
Brooklyn Center
2019, Consult
Dr Montes was warm friendly and smiling. She listened as I spoke and answer all of my questions. She was truthful and knowledgeable. She cared about me and my situation and was just a pleasure. I completely trust her...is a wonderful doctor. She is very smart and will explain everything to you in detail. She was warm and kind and really took her time to answer my questions. As she examined me she explained every step and stopped to answer my questions and then continued. I feel very safe with her and know I am getting the best care. So happy to be her patient.
[Nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group are] Amazing! Sweet and skilled...Amazing place with a great team. Return calls when they say they will. Always helpful with insurance and appointments. They see a lot of people. They are always friendly and smiling when they see you...Dr Montes is a wonderful doctor. She is very smart and will explain everything to you in detail. She was warm and kind and really took her time to answer my questions. As she examined me she explained every step and stopped to answer my questions and then continued. I feel very safe with her and know I am getting the best care. So happy to be her patient.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust in her. Ask questions. I always tell people to be there own advocate no matter who the doctor is.
I am just starting. I will be meeting with her in the next 2 weeks to plan out exactly the step we will take to reach my goal. I am realistic and hopeful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Amazing! Sweet and skilled.
Melissa Montes
Dr. Melissa [Montes] was very caring and understanding, gave advise and explained all that needed to be explained to me. Talked about what the expectations were and the pros and cons of what is to expected. Will highly recommend dr. Melissa to anyone because she was compassionate, careful, caring but very professional and passionate about her job
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility] was very knowledgeable , compassionate, caring and professional. Every patient was dedicated and tried to help out the best way they could. By giving directions. O. How to use medications, helped with bbn injection ; ... Because of my advanced age 45, multiple embryos transfer was done ... The protocol that was used for me was cetrotide, menopur, lovenox
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Melissa was very caring and understanding, gave advise and explained all that needed to be explained to me. Talked about what the expectations were and the pros and cons of what is to expected. Will highly recommend dr. Melissa to anyone because she was compassionate, careful, caring but very professional and passionate about her job
Caring, passionate and professional
There were nice, talk9to you about what was going on and making one feel worthwhile
The protocol that was used for me was cetrotide, menopur, lovenox
Nice and professional
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic was very knowledgeable , compassionate, caring and professional. Every patient was dedicated and tried to help out the best way they could. By giving directions. O. How to use medications, helped with bbn injection ;
Because of my advanced age 45, multiple embryos transfer was done