Nurse available by email
Winter Park
2100 Aloma Ave
Winter Park, FL 32792
407.339.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melissa Yates to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Melissa Yates at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Yates was the second doctor I saw regarding infertility. She asked questions and listened to the answers. She did more than just treat me like a typical “unexplained infertility” case like the first doctor I saw. She ran a thyroid lab on me and found that I was slightly hypothyroid and put me on Levothyroxine. She also had me undergo a hysteroscopy and a laparoscopy to get rid of a small amount of endometriosis. So I felt like she really tried everything she could think of to help solve our mystery with infertility. She was always kind and her sense of humor helped to ease those awkward moments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yates at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready for her to be upfront and honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yates at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Yates listened and asked questions. She was very kind while also being direct with her information.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yates used in your cycles at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I went through two rounds of medicated cycles with letrozole and ovidrel. The third course was the same but after doing a laparoscopy and with IUI. After those 3 failed attempts she suggested IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
Erica was the best. She was thorough and so funny. When I saw her it felt like she remembered me and that made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very small clinic which is nice. The office staff are great - I went through a transition with them and they were so good. The office is a little confusing to find to make sure you look at the map in the front of the building.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yates at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall I think we spent around 5,000.
Orlando

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melissa Yates at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I believe Dr Yates is very compassionate. She spoke to me at every single appointment and I did not feel like just a number. The only thing is that I feel she may be less experienced than other fertility clinics. ... One of the other things I was also not quite happy with is that we went ahead with the endometriosis surgery and my new Dr believes that the risks may not have been worth it because there is the potential that my fimbria were damaged.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Melissa Yates at Advanced Reproductive Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yates at Advanced Reproductive Specialists?
Do research and ask a lot of questions. She will make the time to speak to you. I was not happy with my outcome, but that is because none of my embryos made it past day 5. One of the other things I was also not quite happy with is that we went ahead with the endometriosis surgery and my new Dr believes that the risks may not have been worth it because there is the potential that my fimbria were damaged.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yates at Advanced Reproductive Specialists?
I felt like a human with Dr Yates and her staff. It was a smaller office so you got to know the Dr, nurses, coordinators, and front desk staff quite well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The nurse was always very pleasant and compassionate. She must have been new because often times Dr Yates would come in to show her how to do the ultrasound and measure the follicles growth.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Specialists.
Everyone at the clinic was very nice. They will all listen to your concerns and speak to you like a real person and not a number, however they seem to be new at this. I would say if you are looking for a Dr with more experience you may want to look elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yates at Advanced Reproductive Specialists.
I did not have any insurance coverage so i believe the entire cost with medications for 1 round of IVF was $19000
Describe Melissa Yates's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Specialists.
eSET (elective single embryo transfer) with PGS testing
Advanced Reproductive Specialists
Winter Park

Dr yates was very personable, and felt she genuinely cared about my outcome vs looking at me like a paycheck.She was so excited when more follicles were retrieved than our last count. She called me herself several times with instructions, results, and checking up on me...She went over all our obstacles n test results, even though she stated our success rate was a bare minimum...she did have to adjust my meds and actually my egg retrieval happend 2 days before schd. Due to my age and low reserve n extreme male infertility. ...her intial thoughts on the cycle were spot on.
I choose dr yates due to that fact that I genuinely trusted her when she informed us on our success rates vs another clinic that assured me a nearly 70% success. She went over all our obstacles n test results, even though she stated our success rate was a bare minimum ...SHE WAS HONEST AND JUST DIDN'T WANT my $15,000+
In my case it was such a overload of info, once I left I forgot most of it....I would recommend writing it down while shes talking
I was on a antagonist protocol...I believe at the highest doses of gonal 300ui/ menopur 150ui/centricide .she did have to adjust my meds and actually my egg retrieval happend 2 days before schd. Due to my age and low reserve n extreme male infertility. ...her intial thoughts on the cycle were spot on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sabrina)
Everyone was great.....I felt bad that I was constantly calling them with questions that I had forgotten after being told....and they didn't make me feel bad and we're ALWAYS upbeat
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I would recommend a better prit ed out literature on everything.
10,000 for up to the egg retrieval including anesthesia, pgs, icsi....5,000 meds.
Describe Melissa Yates's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My dr due to knowing I will have little to no eggs choose to transfer 2 eggs.
Orlando

Dr. Yates suggested ivi for 3 Cycles and while happy with my egg production did not result in positive test result. Suggested IVF but we have been unable to obtain the finances...Has no children of her own. Was annoyed with my 4 year old when he had to visit. Did not seem interested in children. In many cases left me with no hope. Had no idea about cost or options for financing. Did not direct me to someone who could help me with financing...Don't look for sympathy. Don't look for a counselor. Expect clinical honesty.
European, Latino
Don't look for sympathy. Don't look for a counselor. Expect clinical honesty.
Nursing staff was phenomenal. They were available at all hours and came in on weekends to perform treatments without complaint or disagreement. Were very nice to my four year old. Appeared to be almost as sad as I was when I got negative test results.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Were you able to get me in quickly. Clean had almost everything I needed at the same facilities. Provided free samples when medications weren't available quickly. Were understanding of my work schedule and we're willing to meet very early or very late. A weakness is it that the Gainesville office is a satellite office for what appears to be the main office or main offices in Jacksonville and Orlando. Any major treatment would happen in one of those locations at least an hour and a half from Gainesville.
$3000 iui per cycle
Gainesville

She [Melissa Yates] was thorough in the diagnostic testing but she was pushy about ivf. She did find out why I couldn't conceive when my gynecologist could not. She seemed to care but still was pushing ivf and when I told her I was seeking a cheaper clinic she tried to change my mind by saying cheaper doesn't mean better.... I only had a laparoscopy and tube removal with her. Couldn't afford further treatment.
She was thorough in the diagnostic testing but she was pushy about ivf. She did find out why I couldn't conceive when my gynecologist could not. She seemed to care but still was pushing ivf and when I told her I was seeking a cheaper clinic she tried to change my mind by saying cheaper doesn't mean better.
She is goofy.
She was super straightforward.
The nurse at the Gainesville location was amazing and I loved her so much. She made me feel good.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Since they had a few locations and I went to the local, satellite office, it was a bit confusing and strange. Everyone was nice and polite and it was very clean there. I enjoyed going and when I had tests done they were pain free.
I only did testing and consults

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Yates was approachable, warm and kind while being very "up front" and real. She was completely honest with me on every aspect of treatment...She explored different treatment options with me including pros and cons, and she changed the plan accordingly as parameters changed. She performed surgery on me and i had an easy and minimally painful recovery and an excellent outcome...had all kinds of ideas for diagnosis and treatment that were never discussed at my prior clinic, where I was being steered toward donor eggs. See Dr. Yates if you want the best treatment tailored to you, not the most lucrative ones for a clinic.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Yates is brilliant and knowledgeable. I can say with certainty she took the same care of me as she would have her own family member. She explored different treatment options with me including pros and cons, and she changed the plan accordingly as parameters changed. She performed surgery on me and i had an easy and minimally painful recovery and an excellent outcome.
Go to Dr. Yates for accurate advise and real expertise. Many fertility clinics focus more on "selling" a lucrative treatment without considering the individual patient. Dr. Yates had all kinds of ideas for diagnosis and treatment that were never discussed at my prior clinic, where I was being steered toward donor eggs. See Dr. Yates if you want the best treatment tailored to you, not the most lucrative ones for a clinic.
Describe your experience with Jacksonville Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is smaller so you get more personalized attention; I'm not sure what that means for reaching someone after hours but if that's something you anticipate needing help with, I would ask about that.
350 cash pay for a consultation for infertility reasons; my surgery and a lot of my workup was covered under medical insurance.