Nurse available by email
FellowshipCornell
3379 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
609-799-5666
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melissa Yih to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
2019 - 2020
[Dr. Melissa Yih has a] Strong preference for single embryo transfer...She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met... We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation [at RMA of New Jersey] was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000...Overall the building and office is very nice. The staff were courteous and welcoming. Scheduling was easy and flexible. My visit was efficient and ran smoothly. All of the tests were conducted as they said they would be and we didn't run into any problems.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We came to Dr. Yih because our previous doctor, Dr. Kaser, moved to California. We have embryos from our previous IVF round and were looking for someone to manage our upcoming embryo transfer. Dr. Yih was very flexible in scheduling our consultation appointment due to our work schedule and distance we needed to travel. During our appointment she was very kind and thorough. She reviewed our medical history and explained what the next steps could look like. We left feeling very comfortable and well informed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
We really don't have anything to recommend other than schedule an appointment and go meet her! (and ask to have Jen as your nurse)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
She was flexible in scheduling and was kind, patient, and thorough when we met.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yih used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We have not begun the embryo transfer cycle yet. I will update when we begin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen Graeves)
Words can't explain how amazing my nurse, Jen G., has been. She is an extremely talented and efficient communicator. She is kind and compassionate and will be your advocate when needed. When choosing a doctor to use after our doctor moved to another state, my decision really hinged on whether Jen could be my nurse again. She is really that amazing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance does not cover infertility. Our consultation was approximately $200 and our initial testing (blood/saline sonogram) was approximately $1,000.
Describe Melissa Yih's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.

2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients...However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They [RMA] also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too...My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed.
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients. Time is not on our side and she pretty much told us that too. I am a very optimistic person and always kept telling myself that this is possible even though times she acted like we were out of our league.
Always stay optimistic even if she says there is little hope. Where this is life there is always hope. Ask a lot of questions and don't stop until you get the complete answer to your question even if it is not the answer you want to hear.
Dr Yih was very straight forward. She did explain things to us and did take the time we needed and were not rushed out of the office. However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
Dr Yih only did 2 chlomid cycles with us because my insurance would not pay for the ivf at the time. I did a few FSH blood test to see if I still had viable eggs. although my numbers were going up they were still in the range of having viable eggs even though I was 45 years old. I feel she should have tried to take some eggs to freeze and or test to see if they were of a good quality. now that I am 50 I know that my eggs are not a quality that I could use them for my own ivf. Neither of the rounds of chlomid were positive. I was glad to try them because it gave me hope that it definitely could happen for us because if you don't try you have 0 chance of getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed. She was nice but I still feel that we were not taken seriously because of our ages. when I would contact the clinic about having specific forms filled out I felt like I got the run around and one time we missed getting the forms to the Baby Quest grant people in time because of a miscommunication with either the nursing staff or the doctor
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I like the location because it is only about 15 minutes from home and work which to me is a positive thing especially when my husband had to take in a semen sample. The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too.
my insurance at the time only paid for diagnostic tests and not the actual ivf or iui but it did cover the meds like cholmid. although the first initial visit was about $300 that I didn't have the money to pay for and my fiancée had to pay for it until I could reimburse him (we were not married yet) and now that I have a better job with better insurance it covers most of the office visits and meds but because of the age limit on the mandate it will not pay for the IVF.
Dr. Yih did discuss the eSET with us but didn't really comment if it was the best solution or not. I did a lot of research and found that the eSET was actually healthier for the mother not having the stress of carrying multiples and especially because my husband does not want twins.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
When we first went to RMA it was a good visit and we were excited to find out that we would be able to have a positive result however we were not married yet and for me to be on my husbands policy we had to get married. we planned our wedding in august and we met with Dr Yih in May. We did all the stuff needed to advance but she didn't tell us that the state of NJ had a mandate that insurance would only cover the IVF for women under the age of 46. I was 45 at the time and we got married just 2 weeks after I turned 46 and could be on my husbands policy. if we had known or had been told of this stipulation we would have gotten married in May and had everything done before the end of July. This information fell thru the cracks on every level, doctor, nurse, financial advisor which ultimately left us without financial support to continue the journey to have a child.

2019 - 2020
[Dr. Melissa Yih's] very friendly, she make sure i understand what's going on with my body and when am concern or feeling uneasy, she just pickups the phone and call me...friendly and approchable. She made me feel relax to talk to her. She understood my challenge and was blunt and open and honest with me. I appreciate her being sensitive to my challenges at the same time she gave me reality of things...Communication with doctor before surgery and communication with doctor after
Daily email communication with the support staff [at RMA of New Jersey] including nurse and finance dept...The time slot for monitoring appointments was long enough that when you come in your not crowded. The person that does the blood work, is friendly and work fast . Their goal is to get you in and get you out to start your day...Clean atmosphere, welcoming. Advance technology for signing in. It could be challenging for the fist time but the staff are there to help. The practice is for fertility only. I felt like everyone that came to the office is in the same journey as me.
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
The doctor was friendly and approchable. She made me feel relax to talk to her. She understood my challenge and was blunt and open and honest with me. I appreciate her being sensitive to my challenges at the same time she gave me reality of things
Be patient with the process
She's very friendly, she make sure i understand what's going on with my body and when am concern or feeling uneasy, she just pickups the phone and call me
- Weekly blood work - Weekly ultrasound - Daily email communication with the support staff including nurse and finance dept. - 3x a day shots - prep for suggery - Communication with doctor before surgery and communication with doctor after
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: C Pierman)
Daily communication, even sometime hour communication. When she's on duty I can expect a fast response to my email. She address my concerns very quickly, I appreciate that
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
including insurance coverage 8k

Tubal Blockage, Other
Overall my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Yih. She was our biggest supporter through everything and worked to make this process as easy to understand as possible. If she was not the dr to perform a procedure she checked in with me personally as soon as the procedure was over.... I would say not to get frustrated if Dr. Yih isn't able to be at every appointment or monitoring hour. She genuinely cares for the patients and takes part in both the joys and sadness that occur along the way. She is so supportive.
Our nurse Jen [at RMA of New Jersey-Hamilton] was absolutely amazing. She helped me along every step of the way and was immensely supportive throughout the entire process.... I was assigned a nurse to work with directly with Dr. Yih and together they answered all of my questions.... Overall my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Yih. She was our biggest supporter through everything and worked to make this process as easy to understand as possible. If she was not the dr to perform a procedure she checked in with me personally as soon as the procedure was over.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Our nurse Jen was absolutely amazing. She helped me along every step of the way and was immensely supportive throughout the entire process.