RMA of New Jersey

Hamilton
3379 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
609-799-5666
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melissa Yih to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients...However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very nice and knowledgeable. she always was forthcoming with information and answered our questions. She was usually easy to get a hold of if needed but sometimes I felt like she thought we were a lost cause and not given the same attention as younger patients. Time is not on our side and she pretty much told us that too. I am a very optimistic person and always kept telling myself that this is possible even though times she acted like we were out of our league.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Always stay optimistic even if she says there is little hope. Where this is life there is always hope. Ask a lot of questions and don't stop until you get the complete answer to your question even if it is not the answer you want to hear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Yih was very straight forward. She did explain things to us and did take the time we needed and were not rushed out of the office. However, there were some very critical things that were over looked by her at the time of our first meeting which ultimately impacted our journey financially.
Describe the protocols Melissa Yih used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr Yih only did 2 chlomid cycles with us because my insurance would not pay for the ivf at the time. I did a few FSH blood test to see if I still had viable eggs. although my numbers were going up they were still in the range of having viable eggs even though I was 45 years old. I feel she should have tried to take some eggs to freeze and or test to see if they were of a good quality. now that I am 50 I know that my eggs are not a quality that I could use them for my own ivf. Neither of the rounds of chlomid were positive. I was glad to try them because it gave me hope that it definitely could happen for us because if you don't try you have 0 chance of getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse did answer some questions if I called the clinic and she would call me back with the answer usually within a day. She would also email me if needed. She was nice but I still feel that we were not taken seriously because of our ages. when I would contact the clinic about having specific forms filled out I felt like I got the run around and one time we missed getting the forms to the Baby Quest grant people in time because of a miscommunication with either the nursing staff or the doctor
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I like the location because it is only about 15 minutes from home and work which to me is a positive thing especially when my husband had to take in a semen sample. The appointments seem to run right on time. I don't remember ever spending more than 10 minutes waiting in the waiting room. They also have a place on site that can draw blood or test semen right away. Another strength is that they have a nutritionist onsite several times a week too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.
my insurance at the time only paid for diagnostic tests and not the actual ivf or iui but it did cover the meds like cholmid. although the first initial visit was about $300 that I didn't have the money to pay for and my fiancée had to pay for it until I could reimburse him (we were not married yet) and now that I have a better job with better insurance it covers most of the office visits and meds but because of the age limit on the mandate it will not pay for the IVF.
Describe Melissa Yih's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Yih did discuss the eSET with us but didn't really comment if it was the best solution or not. I did a lot of research and found that the eSET was actually healthier for the mother not having the stress of carrying multiples and especially because my husband does not want twins.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
RMA of New Jersey
Hamilton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey.

Tubal Blockage, Other
Overall my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Yih. She was our biggest supporter through everything and worked to make this process as easy to understand as possible. If she was not the dr to perform a procedure she checked in with me personally as soon as the procedure was over.... I would say not to get frustrated if Dr. Yih isn't able to be at every appointment or monitoring hour. She genuinely cares for the patients and takes part in both the joys and sadness that occur along the way. She is so supportive.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Melissa Yih at RMA of New Jersey?
I was assigned a nurse to work with directly with Dr. Yih and together they answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Our nurse Jen was absolutely amazing. She helped me along every step of the way and was immensely supportive throughout the entire process.