American Fertility Services

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolWash U. St. Louis
ResidencyUSC
FellowshipUSC
Greenwich
100 Putnam Green
Greenwich, CT 06830
203 774-9900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Melvin Thornton to a friend?
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Given my relatively young age at the time (30) and no egg quality or quantity factors, he [Dr. Melvin Thornton] selected a not aggressive stem process that left me with little to no side effects and success on the first try...Given my age (30) and quality of eggs, he recommended eSET unless we were ok with multiples...I always personally saw Dr. Thornton or a trusted colleauge at each of my appointments. If it was not going to be Dr. Thornton, he would let me know in advance.
European, Latino
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility of New York?
Warm, compassionate, calming presence. Matter of fact about all aspects of treatment. Always reachable, provided us with his cell and direct email. Selected the appropriate protocol given our infertility factors and history.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility of New York?
Don't be afraid to push for more details and clarity when needed. He can sometimes act like the treatment is simplistic but if you ask questions he will always take the time to answer them thoughtfully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility of New York?
Describe the protocols Melvin Thornton used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
Gonal F 225. Given my relatively young age at the time (30) and no egg quality or quantity factors, he selected a not aggressive stem process that left me with little to no side effects and success on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shardae)
Always compassionate, however, tended to see many different nurses and instructions were not always clear.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Hours and location were convenient for monitoring appointments. Retrievals and transfers were done in the NYC office, which was also accommodating with hours (my transfer was on a Sunday). Did not batch patients which I liked. However, sometimes long waits. The reception staff in the Westchester office were sometimes less than understanding and could be abrasive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility of New York.
24K plus prescriptions.
Describe Melvin Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
Given my age (30) and quality of eggs, he recommended eSET unless we were ok with multiples. i agreed with this approach.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
Sher Fertility of New York
Purchase
He [Dr. Thornton] went above and betond to make me feel comfortable. He is an amazing doctor....Bedside manner, positive attitude, friendly, understanding and compassionate. I am an adult but young but he treated me in a well respected manner and I am very appreciative of that.I cannot wait until I get the results that I am seeking but I am confident that with his help I will be there soon....As friendly as Dr. Thornton. they [nursing staff] are amazing and friendly...
How was your experience with Melvin Thornton at CT Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melvin Thornton at CT Fertility?
Patience
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melvin Thornton at CT Fertility?
He went above and betond to make me feel comfortable. He is an amazing doctor.
As friendly as Dr. Thornton. they are amazing and friendly.
Describe your experience with CT Fertility.
The strengths of this clinic is their staff and environment. It is very clean and very comforting. I am approached every time with a smile and a warm greeting. This clinic does not have any weaknesses.
CT Fertility