Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Buenos Aires
ResidencyU. of Nebraska
20940 North Tatum Boulevard, B-210
Phoenix, az 85050
480-621-6331
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mercedes Gondra to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6
Dr. Gondra is by far the best doctor I could've ever picked. She truly understand my diagnosis because she also has endometriosis. She takes her time to listen to me and my concerns. She's very open and honest with me as well about my chances. She makes me feel really comfortable voicing my concerns and even likes hearing my thoughts about my treatment.... Dr. Gondra's first step in treatment was to give me a choice to start IUI right away or go for a surgery to increase my chances. I
How was your experience with Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
Although my journey with Dr. Gondra is just starting, I feel like she already is my biggest advocate. She truly is there to help me get the baby my husband and I have always wanted. She is very caring, a great listener, compassionate about what she does, and very understanding because she went through what her patients have gone through. She's personable and a very down-to-earth person. I feel in very good hands with her. I see her every time I come into her office. I can call anytime and she's always there to answer my questions or concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
I would tell a prospective patient to just go in ready to learn and listen and also to just relax. You will be in great hands. Make sure you voice your concerns and don't be afraid. She will listen to you. I promise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
Dr. Gondra is by far the best doctor I could've ever picked. She truly understand my diagnosis because she also has endometriosis. She takes her time to listen to me and my concerns. She's very open and honest with me as well about my chances. She makes me feel really comfortable voicing my concerns and even likes hearing my thoughts about my treatment. Her office staff is like family and they remember me every time. I don't fee like a broken record and having to repeat my history every time I have an appointment.
Describe the protocols Mercedes Gondra used in your cycles at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology and their degree of success.
My diagnosis is new, but I do have endometriosis and Dr. Gondra's first step in treatment was to give me a choice to start IUI right away or go for a surgery to increase my chances. I did my research and endometriosis can be very aggressive, so I picked surgery. Endometriosis runs in my family, so I want to be prepared that I will need IVF right after surgery. It makes me sad that I might not be able to afford IVF like some of my family members After my surgery in a week, i'll know more of what my options are.
They are the sweetest ladies. I have met the NP, all of the nurses, front desk coordinators, and embryologist. They are all a very close team and have known Dr. Gondra for a very long time. They talk to me like i'm a part of their family. I truly feel cared about.
Describe your experience with Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
I haven't been there very long, but everything so far is top notch as far as I can tell. The lab is nice and the equipment is state of the art. From the time I scheduled my appointment, I was able to get in fast. Their patient portal is very user friendly and straight forward. You can schedule appointments online. The building the clinic is located in is very nice area and right above an outpatient center. The clinic is fairly small but well equipped. Everything is very clean and new. The lab is very nice as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
Everything so far has been covered by my insurance. She accepts most insurance in coverage is available under your policy. And they work with you on payments for out of pocket expenses. Very accommodating when it comes to finances.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Mercedes Gondra] really seems to care and her approach is candid but compassionate. She speaks quickly and has an accent and it might a little challenging for someone who is new to the infertility process to follow. Fortunately, all of the notes are available in an online portal for review...Used Femara for IUI cycles to avoid any further thinning of endometrial lining that Clomid may cause. Next step scheduled to be IVF. The plan is for a mock cycle with ERA testing and frozen embryo transfer once a sufficient lining is obtained.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I trust Dr. Gondra and have referred other people to her (don't know their outcomes). She really seems to care and her approach is candid but compassionate. She speaks quickly and has an accent and it might a little challenging for someone who is new to the infertility process to follow. Fortunately, all of the notes are available in an online portal for review.
Take notes during your visit and review them with her before you leave.
Dr. Gondra has hand-selected her office staff to be friendly people who work well together. I was always greeted by name as soon as I walked through the door and they remembered details about my life.
I had unexplained infertility but was over 35. Used Femara for IUI cycles to avoid any further thinning of endometrial lining that Clomid may cause. Next step scheduled to be IVF. The plan is for a mock cycle with ERA testing and frozen embryo transfer once a sufficient lining is obtained.
Dr. Gondra is the only physician there; no portion of the care is provided by a nurse practitioner or other mid-level provider. The clinic is still new, so there may not be many reviews. However, Dr. Gondra is not new to the area or to REI; she previously worked at Troche Fertility Centers and it is possible that further information may be found there.
My insurance covered infertility testing but not treatment. So my lab testing, baseline ultrasound, HSG, and husband's semen analysis were nominal. My IUI's were roughly $800-900 out of pocket and the Femara was around $20.
Endometriosis, Other
She [Dr. Gondra] is very knowledgeable and in my opinion the best option for treatment if you have endometriosis is Phoenix. She gives everyone individualized care and I truly feels she is invested in your success. Even after I had my she continued to check on our well being. I still see her for endometriosis related issues since she sees people for advanced gyno issues too.... She always made me feel like I was her only patient. She truly empathizes with you and wants you to have your baby.
Endometriosis, Other
She is very knowledgeable and in my opinion the best option for treatment if you have endometriosis is Phoenix. She gives everyone individualized care and I truly feels she is invested in your success. Even after I had my she continued to check on our well being. I still see her for endometriosis related issues since she sees people for advanced gyno issues too.
If you need surgery for endometriosis she is your best bet. She focuses on fertility preserving surgery. She removed a 10cm cyst from my ovary. Most docs couldn't do this.
First was surgery to removes stage 4 endometriosis and 10 cm cyst from my ovary. IVF #1 antagonist protocol with no bcp lead in b/c I'm a clot risk and used lovenox. 300 follistim, 150 menopur. 4 of 8 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 day 3 ET of grade A. Chemical pregnancy. Surgery to remove 3 cm from good ovary before ivf #2 IVF #2 reduced menopur to 75iu and increased follistim to 375 and lead in with bcp/lovenox to help me not have lead follicles like ivf #1. This cycle was bad. 10 eggs but only 1 mature. Transfer grade c embryo on day 3. bfn. IVF # lead in w/ bcp/lovenox. Stimmed with 375 iu menopur, .25 hgh and 125 follistim. 8 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized and two made it to day 5. ETed 2 early grade B blast and had a live birth in April 2016. Took a while but we found the protocol that worked for me. Lots and lots of menopur!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Kori)
My doctor has since left the clinic I received treatment but many of the team members went to her new clinic. My ivf coordinator Kori was awesome. She helped me get drug discounts and donated drugs. Two of the my nurses went to my doctor's new clinic. They are very knowledgeable and I go to the NP for well women.
My doctor started her own clinic so its hard to review ivf treatment there. Many of her staff including the NP and embryologist moved with here so I'm sure they are doing a great job. I see my doctor for endometriosis and the front desk can always get me an appointment quickly. The new clinic doesn't book too many people at one time so you don't wait or feel rushed. They give each patient enough time to address all issues.
10000 for ivf 1000 for iui
Describe Mercedes Gondra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
Based on my situation 2 was recommended.
IUI, 2 IVF
She [Dr. Gondra] was very honest. She was clear in her treatment and confident. She was very blunt which I like but may be off putting to some. She was pretty involved in the cycles. She was not at every appointment. She did not do all my procedures due to insurance issues.... Pre-cycle was 5 weeks of birth control.I was on ganirelix (to prevent ovulation), menopur and follistim. I had low amh so I was on very high doses of follistim and menopur.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Mercedes Gondra at Troche Fertility Centers?
She was very honest. She was clear in her treatment and confident. She was very blunt which I like but may be off putting to some. She was pretty involved in the cycles. She was not at every appointment. She did not do all my procedures due to insurance issues. Dr. Troche filled in on the retrieval and transfer. She is no longer at the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mercedes Gondra at Troche Fertility Centers?
Be prepared for her bluntness. She was very compassionate though.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mercedes Gondra at Troche Fertility Centers?
They were nice and despite being very busy always answered me quickly and honestly
Describe the protocols Mercedes Gondra used in your cycles at Troche Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Pre-cycle was 5 weeks of birth control.I was on ganirelix (to prevent ovulation), menopur and follistim. I had low amh so I was on very high doses of follistim and menopur. I was also on baby aspirin, steroids, antibiotics, and a drug to lower my prolactin levels. I was on progesterone suppositories because I had a needle fear and didn't want to do progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Troche Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Kori Garcia)
The care coordinator was responsible for most of the interaction I had with the clinic. She was fantastic. Although she did have a 'tell' of sorts. If she had bad news she would call later in the day. So I knew when she didn't call early it wasn't going to be good news. Ann did the endometrial scratch and the ultrasounds to check on the progress of the hormones.
Describe your experience with Troche Fertility Centers.
Clinic strengths were very affordable, efficient and upfront. Weaknesses were the front desk phone people could be rude sometimes. The clinic isn't the fanciest so when you walk in they seem not as technology updated but they were and they did everything on site which was nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mercedes Gondra at Troche Fertility Centers.
Cycle was around 11k, meds were 4.5k. All ultrasounds were included, retrieval and transfer included, ISCI included. Meds were just the fertility meds. All the steroids, baby aspirin, vitamins, and such were separate at any old pharmacy. Blood work was extra (sent to an outside lab).
Describe Mercedes Gondra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Troche Fertility Centers.
We did multiple embryos due to the fact that we did not have many embryos and they might not have made it to freeze.
Troche Fertility Centers