Nurse available by email
FellowshipDuke
10610 North Pennsylvania
Indianapolis, IN 46280
317.575.6565
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meredith Provost to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Indiana Fertility Institute to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
There are lots of great thing about Dr. Provost, she is a very positive doctor. She makes us feel confident about our situation every time we visit. She is strait forward and dose not beat around the bush.... Dr provost offered free egg reserve screening. Or at least she did to us as a way to get new clients into her clinic. ... When we have time to sit with Dr. provost she seems to care and be sincere.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
There are lots of great thing about Dr. Provost, she is a very positive doctor. She makes us feel confident about our situation every time we visit. She is strait forward and dose not beat around the bush. The only thing I can really complain is about communication. Very rarely dose her staff actually answer the phone. We always have to leave messages and wait on call backs. As a working class couple that can be extremely inconvenient. If we don’t get to the phone on time we have to call back leave message and start the wait again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr provost offered free egg reserve screening. Or at least she did to us as a way to get new clients into her clinic. When dealing with fertility treatment anything you can get is extremely helpful. They try to use the insurance you already have to cover some if any of your procedures. Which when dealing with this that can help your financial state.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
When I would go into clinic it was never like I was waitin for my number to be called. It felt more personal. When we have time to sit with Dr. provost she seems to care and be sincere. With us money is a huge deal. Dr.ppProvost and her staff try their best to give us as many options before jumping into very expensive persedures.
The nurses are very kind and seem to do their jobs well.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The location is very easy to get to from the highway. The waiting room is very comfortable. They are not the only business there so sometimes parking could be difficult. The biggest weakness in my opinion is their phone system. Rarely do they answer the phone
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.
I do not remember exact numbers but I have spent about $7000.00 which include 3 IUI and meds. Also an upcoming surgery that was not completely covered byinsurance
Indianapolis

She’s [Dr. Meredith Provost] very kind and truly seemed baffled with our failed IUIs as It’s unexplained infertility and no known cause for our issues. She listened when i wanted to do a more medicated cycle and gave it a couple tries before saying we needed to discuss next steps.... We went straight to IUI (Letrozole and Ovidrel) as aid had failed timed cycles with clomid with a previous obgyn. I was placed on synthroid to try to lower my thyroid levels a bit more even though they were in normal range (history of thyroid issues). After 3 failed IUI’s with just Letrozole and Ovidrel we added 75iu of Gonal-f for 4 days for cycles 4 & 5 unfortunately with no success.
European, Native American, Other
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Infertility can be overwhelming to deal with. I do wish she would maybe have a list of FAQs toncover with patients who aren’t sure what to ask. She’s very kind and truly seemed baffled with our failed IUIs as It’s unexplained infertility and no known cause for our issues. She listened when i wanted to do a more medicated cycle and gave it a couple tries before saying we needed to discuss next steps.
As overwhelming as it all is try to come with questions. I didn’t really know what to ask. And after everything came back normal it was confusing bc what do you ask the ? I wish i would’ve had some guidelines to walk this journey with even though everyone is different. I have a general understanding of the processes but don’t know what else i should be asking about.
The nursing staff and Dr. Provist are all great. It’s a busy clinic, but I do wish the doctor checked in more, even if it’s popping in for 5 seconds during an ultrasound to say hello.
Describe the protocols Meredith Provost used in your cycles at Indiana Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We went straight to IUI (Letrozole and Ovidrel) as aid had failed timed cycles with clomid with a previous obgyn. I was placed on synthroid to try to lower my thyroid levels a bit more even though they were in normal range (history of thyroid issues). After 3 failed IUI’s with just Letrozole and Ovidrel we added 75iu of Gonal-f for 4 days for cycles 4 & 5 unfortunately with no success. I responded well to the meds. But after 5 failed cycles it was time to discuss next steps. I did have to go on Birth control to help with a couple cysts.
Everyone I’ve dealt with seems very compassionate to the patients struggle. Seems understand the highs and lows and emotional toll it takes on the patients.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The lab work for my husband, and part of our IVF cycle is considered out of network for almost all insurances so check if you have any out of network coverage on your plan. They have package plans or a la cart options. And have a self pay discount so don’t let cost scare you off.
Initial semen analysis for husband $200-250 Lab work for husband each cycle $200 Beta Draw self pay option for results same day $100-$120 Lab work after processing brought insurance $10-$80 Meds $0-$300 ea for IUI cycle (the specialty pharmacy can ship overnight or within a couple days, they offer a self pay discount if you do not have prescription coverage) I have fully reviewed our statement to breakdown everything else (ultrasounds, procedures, etc)
Describe Meredith Provost's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Indiana Fertility Institute.
Due to my age and not having a clear diagnosis she recommends only transferring 1 embryo the first time when we get to that step. We are not to this stage yet so her stance could change pending number of embryos we get and their quality.
Indianapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Meredith Provost] seemed nice during office visits, but seemed to be hell bent on directing me toward IVF, and retrospectively, probably wasn't concerned with the success of my IUI cycles for this reason. One round of IVF (not including monitoring and meds) at this clinic cost 12,000.00. She was fairly new to the practice at the time I saw her, so I can speculate that maybe she needed some IVF procedures under her belt.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
As disclosed in the previous comment, I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I will never be able to shake the belief that the Letrozole I was given led to the miscarriage. I will never know for sure. She seemed nice during office visits, but seemed to be hell bent on directing me toward IVF, and retrospectively, probably wasn't concerned with the success of my IUI cycles for this reason. One round of IVF (not including monitoring and meds) at this clinic cost 12,000.00. She was fairly new to the practice at the time I saw her, so I can speculate that maybe she needed some IVF procedures under her belt.
Request results of all lab work and tests. Ask questions. Do your own research on any drugs prescribed.
After reading my FSH and AMH test results, I was told that we can try IUI, but it probably would not be successful. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant was IVF. I was ushered into a room with a financial consultant who broke down the cost of IVF. IVF at this clinic is incredibly expensive, and fertility treatments are not covered by insurance in Indiana. After the first unsuccessful round of IUI, I took a cycle off (unbeknownst to me, I got pregnant naturally during this cycle). Then wanted to schedule another IUI after I started spotting and thought i had started my period. I was scheduled an appointment, and had a baseline ultrasound. I was prescribed Letrozole/Femara, which I took. I wish they had given me a blood test to ensure that I was not pregnant - which I believe is the protocol before starting Letrozole. The doctor was so convinced that I needed IVF and could "never conceive naturally" that she had convinced me as well. I was shocked when I started bleeding heavily and started to miscarry. I was between 6-8 weeks pregnant. I had been trying to conceive for three years at this point. I was completely devastated. I felt as if this doctor was interested in my money and not interested in my well being.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve due to my AMH and FSH test results. The doctor recommended IVF without trying any medicated cycles or IUI. I decided I wanted to try a few rounds of IUI first, because the idea of IVF was daunting, and it would be a financial strain on my husband and I. For the IUI cycles, I had monitoring (trans vaginal ultrasound), was prescribed Letrozole, and a trigger shot of HGH. First cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Then I took a cycle off. I never made it all the way through my second cycle. I was monitored at what I thought was the beginning of my cycle, given Letrozole, and when I came back in for a transvaginal ultrasound to measure uterine lining and follicle growth, the nurses literally could not find my uterus. So, they drew blood instead, and determined that I had already ovulated (at this point, they still didn't bother to run a pregnancy test). So, the second cycle was cancelled. A couple weeks later, I started bleeding heavily and passing clots. I finally took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I had been pregnant when given Letrozole during the second round, which may have caused my miscarriage.
The nursing staff were nice enough, but what really threw me was when I came in for my ultrasound after starting my second round of Letrozole and they could not find my uterus. They sent me upstairs for labs, but didn't bother to test for pregnancy at that point. They just determined that "I must have ovulated early" on the 8th or 9th day of my cycle, which would have been very early. That experience caused me to lose confidence in the nursing staff. So much that I have questioned whether or not my first IUI was done correctly.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I was initially referred to Dr. John Jarrett by my OB-GYN. I called the clinic multiple times to set up a consultation appointment and nobody ever called me back. I noticed that the clinic was having a meet-and-greet with Dr. Provost, a new doctor at the practice, so I decided to show up. That's how I scheduled my initial consultation - but ended up with Dr. Provost, not Dr. Jarrett. The treatments at this clinic are all very expensive, and for most if not all Indiana residents, it is all out of pocket, since insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments in Indiana. Since receiving treatment at this clinic, I've researched costs of other Indianapolis clinics, and this may be the most expensive one. Dr. Jarrett is highly regarded - so maybe that is why. But after my experience, I would not advise anyone to go there. I spent around 3,000.00 on two rounds of IUI, the second of which was completely botched, and most likely led to a miscarriage because I was prescribed Letrozole while pregnant.
I spent around $3,000.00 for one and a half rounds of IUI (the second round was botched and therefore cancelled).
No information to share.
What specific things went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Indianapolis

I was super scared for my retrieval and [Dr.] provost just held my hand while the anesthesiologist put me under. She has always been straight to the point but in a kind and calm manner...She was kind and patient with my husband and I throughout the whole process. She managed my expectations but never lost hope...I live far away and often brought people with me to the appointments and she never once had any issue with it. She is nice and brilliant and caring and I would recommend her to anyone who was seeking.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
She was kind and patient with my husband and I throughout the whole process. She managed my expectations but never lost hope. She held my hand when I was scared and gave me hugs when I needed them. I live far away and often brought people with me to the appointments and she never once had any issue with it. She is nice and brilliant and caring and I would recommend her to anyone who was seeking.
Be clear about your body. When things went wrong I had to suggest solutions and they were always considered.
The nurses could never find my ovaries on the ultrasound and Dr. Provost would come in immediately to help out. To the point where eventually they would just skip the nurses and have her do it from the get go. I was super scared for my retrieval and provost just held my hand while the anesthesiologist put me under. She has always been straight to the point but in a kind and calm manner.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male infertility. Not sure how to spell any of the medications.... Retrieval: Lopron, menupor, Ganarelix, HCG trigger shot. 13 eggs retrieved 10 fertilized, 7 made it to day 5, 4 normal PGS tested embryos. Transfer: Estrace, PIO, HCG trigger and progesterone suppositories. I am currently 5 Weeks and 4 days pregnant with my first ultrasound on Monday.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sarah, Kate, Janet)
I love Kate and Sarah they were super helpful and very attentive. Janet and I did not mesh well. She is a little too religious for my comfort level and didn't answer my questions directly.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The people are great the answering service is terrible. I would really recommend they hire a phone nurse that did only that. I could only leave a message and wouldn't get a call back till 4 or 5pm no matter how early I called.
I have insurance that covers my treatments and medication up to 90% so far I have paid $2000
We are young and PGS tested our embryos so we decided that one would be a good amount for us.
Indianapolis

My experience with Dr. Provost has been better than I could have imagined. Her attentive care, attention to detail, honesty and compassion are top notch. I would return to her in a heartbeat if we were planning to seek future treatment...Dr. Provost patiently and carefully answered all of my questions...Dr. Provost is honest and manages expectations in a kind way. She is thorough, thoughtful, and patient when answering questions. She spoke to me like I was intelligent and could understand the science. She also held my hand prior to procedures and treated me with compassion. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Provost patiently and carefully answered all of my questions.
My retrieval protocol and my first frozen transfer were handled by my previous physician. I switched to Dr. Provost after suffering a miscarriage. Dr. Provost handled my D&C, then took over my care for my second frozen transfer. Medications used for that FET were Estradiol patches, PIO, Lovenox (a blood thinner to prevent clotting that could lead to miscarriage), and progesterone prometrium.
The nursing staff at Indiana Fertility Institute are phenomenal. My primary interactions were with Sarah, Kate and Janet. All three offered compassionate care. They went above and beyond in calming my fears with a subsequent pregnancy following miscarriage. They're organized, responsive and have gone above and beyond in my care.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
This clinic is professional, organized and staffed by excellent individuals who seem to genuinely care about your family and the success of your treatments. Dr. Jarrett is a very accomplished provider, but I found that Dr. Provost was actually the doctor who was the best fit for me and my situation. The two work hand-in-hand, though, so if your primary isn't available and a need arises, the other will step in and handle your care in the interim. The one area where the clinic could improve is in billing. Receiving invoices takes an extremely long time and the billing department isn't always responsive to inquiries about account balances. The clinic laboratory, on the other hand, is very efficient about billing.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Provost] actually listened to me and took me seriously. She understood my pain from miscarriages and was sympathetic of them. She held my hand going into surgery...She was able to diagnose my conditions within minutes, whereas my previous Dr. brushed them under the rug and pushed fertility meds. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me since my conditions are now being treated and not just ignored.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Dr. Provost took the time to let me tell me full story and symptoms I was experiencing, and why I didn’t feel right returning to my previous Dr. She was able to diagnose my conditions within minutes, whereas my previous Dr. brushed them under the rug and pushed fertility meds. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me since my conditions are now being treated and not just ignored.
She’s a lot more down to earth than a lot of other Drs. I’ve experienced in the past. Sometimes the office can be tricky to get ahold of but it’s worth it.
She actually listened to me and took me seriously. She understood my pain from miscarriages and was sympathetic of them. She held my hand going into surgery and has said multiple times sincerely how she hopes the outcome is different this time.
So far she discovered a uterine septum that she performed a hysteroscopy on to surgically remove and laparoscopic surgery where endometriosis was found and removed. I’m going to begin my next round of treatment next cycle, letrozole, injection to induce ovulation and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Indiana Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Misty)
I haven’t had many interactions with her so far, but the ones I’ve had have been pleasant.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
It can be hard to get ahold of them but I still would recommend them in a heartbeat. Dr. Provost is clearly far more educated than others I’ve experienced, she cares for her patients and it shows. I’ve been extremely impressed with the office staff and flow so far.
I have not yet been billed for my medical treatment
Indianapolis

Dr. Provost has been my main point of contact with questions and results. For basic lab results she even called to tell me everything looked good. She chooses to use positive words such as "when you are pregnant" which I really appreciate. Although, she of course made it clear that it is not a guarantee.... she is an excellent communicator, puts me at ease, is intelligent, honest and realistic.... Dr. Provost is extremely smart and will tailor your plan to YOU, it is definitely not a one size fits all type of fertility plan.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Thus far Dr. Provost has been exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor (as I have done treatments with two prior) she is an excellent communicator, puts me at ease, is intelligent, honest and realistic.
Set up a consultation and see for yourself. Dr. Provost is extremely smart and will tailor your plan to YOU, it is definitely not a one size fits all type of fertility plan.
So far they have been great! When I have left voicemails, they return that day and give me as much information as possible.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
I love how the clinic manages their retrievals and implantation making it so that they thoroughly clean in between each month (they are only required to do this once a year, and they do it monthly). I appreciate that the lab work is right up stairs and that everyone communicates so well.
IVF here was slightly more expensive than the estimates we received from other doctors, however we felt like we were in much better hands.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I really like Dr.Povest. She always make us feel comfortable and at ease. She is a very positive person and makes us have just a bit more hope. That we can one day achieve our wishes of having a baby. When a treatment doesn't work , she try different methods....Dr. Provost treated me in a humane manner. She seem to be concerned about our situation has tried to give us as many options as possible. In our current financial situation.
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
I would say take down all your questions and concerns and put them on paper. So you can ask Dr Provost, or one for her nurse. It's extremely hard to get someone firme their office to answer a phone.
They are great staff . Except for one .
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
This clinic is locate in a very nice part of town. The building its self is very beautiful. It clean inside of offices. It feels very warm and welcoming. Most of their procedures are done upstairs and consultations downstairs. They have several waiting areas even a small fudge where you can grab a water while you wait.
In the pat year we have done 3 cycles of IUI each one costed us $1300.00 with out meds

Endometriosis, Other
[Dr. Meredith Provost is] a perfectly nice capable doctor, but you don’t see her again unless you choose to spend the money they want and do IVF...A variety of different pills and injections for IUI nothing worked. Now I’m not negatively reviewing because they didn’t work, she was very upfront with the statistics of IUI...[The nurses] are the people that actually preform the IUI, some are better than others. Some are more chatty than others. Many are not actually up to date on your chart or situation so when I would ask questions they often couldn’t answer.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Meredith Provost at Indiana Fertility Institute?
Again, she’s a perfectly nice capable doctor, but you don’t see her again unless you choose to spend the money they want and do IVF, the office staff and their incompetence should have you running away from them.... FAST
She is very warm and kind HOWEVER you don’t see her again after your consult and you have to deal with the office and that’s a terrible experience
These are the people that actually preform the IUI, some are better than others. Some are more chatty than others. Many are not actually up to date on your chart or situation so when I would ask questions they often couldn’t answer.
Describe your experience with Indiana Fertility Institute.
The doctors are perfectly fine, HOWEVER the office staff and their complete and total incompetence should make you run for the hills. We were cash pay which they knew from the beginning, but instead of charging us every the day of, they sent a bill for services almost a year later. Now some of those charges were rightfully owed money. We are Willing to pay those, however they had "missing" payments that were on our FSA cards that they refused to acknowledge and remove from our account even after I provided statements showing the charges on my card. This is one of the worst offices I've ever dealt with. Dealing with infertility is hard enough but to have to jump through all these unnecessary hoops after the fact is just inexcusable. Still no baby and now having to double pay because they can't keep proper books. Frustrating!!!!
$295 ultrasound Be careful though, they will change the pricing on you
What specific things went wrong at Indiana Fertility Institute?