Nurse available by email
FellowshipUPMC
419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meredith Snook to a friend?

4.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Health Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Snook is a great doctor that really cares about her patients. Unfortunately, I've seen her once in my six months of treatment -- all the staff at the clinic rotate through and you're not always with your primary doctor...Know that she's making all the decisions for your treatment, but you may not actually see her...Agonist protocol (batched with other patients), and then estrogen-primed agonist protocol with my natural cycle...
[Reproductive Health Specialists] strengths are that they specialize in only fertility treatment and have a state of the art lab. The clinic experience with appointments and portal messaging leave a lot to be desired...I'm in the middle of my second cycle here, but related to frustration with the clinic constantly running late and just a general feeling of being uninformed about the progression of my treatment (although I am a registered nurse myself), I will not be returning if this second cycle is unsuccessful. This clinic might be great for you if you're very proactive and do a lot of research yourself and live east of the city, but if you're trying to get out here and back to downtown like I do on a regular basis, I would recommend trying Magee as that's my next plan.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Know that she's making all the decisions for your treatment, but you may not actually see her, so you have to be comfortable with everyone at the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook takes time to listen to you and will adjust a protocol to your specific needs, but in my experience, only after you failed with the clinic's batching protocol.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
Everything is managed through a portal, and completely impersonal. Staff often is complaining at the clinic, and they tend to run 30-40 minutes late related to understaffing as of October 2019.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The clinic's strengths are that they specialize in only fertility treatment and have a state of the art lab. The clinic experience with appointments and portal messaging leave a lot to be desired. I have multiple friends who have had success at this clinic, and I'm in the middle of my second cycle here, but related to frustration with the clinic constantly running late and just a general feeling of being uninformed about the progression of my treatment (although I am a registered nurse myself), I will not be returning if this second cycle is unsuccessful. This clinic might be great for you if you're very proactive and do a lot of research yourself and live east of the city, but if you're trying to get out here and back to downtown like I do on a regular basis, I would recommend trying Magee as that's my next plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Out of pocket, between $12-15k per IVF cycle, including medication.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
eSET is highly advised by this clinic, but I'm okay with that because it reflects what is in the literature.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Snook has spent a lot of one-on-one time with me and my husband regarding our diagnosis, treatment options, treatment evidence, and next steps. After seeing her for around 6 months or so at this point, I can tell that she is invested in our outcome and our (hopefully) future success.... I like that she is rooted and reliant on evidence-based medicine and treatment practices. I will honestly say that I wasn’t sure what I thought after my initial meeting with her. I’m not sure if most patients don’t come into that first meeting as informed or researched, but I did feel a little wary at first.
RHS was recently bought by UPMC. For me, the office has been a little bit disorganized. It seems like there has been quite a bit of turnover since I’ve started here. Hopefully things will calm down once everything has settled down a bit.... Almost every person I’ve encountered there seems to truly care about patients. The physicians there (the two I have come in contact with) have been great. I would say the only drawback or “weakness” is the turnover/acquisition that has seemed to occur recently, but this wouldn’t stop me from coming here.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I can tell the Dr Snook cares about her patients. I like that she is rooted and reliant on evidence-based medicine and treatment practices. I will honestly say that I wasn’t sure what I thought after my initial meeting with her. I’m not sure if most patients don’t come into that first meeting as informed or researched, but I did feel a little wary at first. Or perhaps I came on a little too strong - I won’t count that out haha. But over several months, I’ve had more experience with her and I absolutely trust her. I’ve also learned that it’s okay for me to speak up and ask questions. Even if they are completely off base, it’s good to feel confident in how I’m being treated and why. Most of the communication is with the nurses, but if I feel like I need to speak to her specifically, it’s never been an issue setting up a time to speak. I think that’s super important because we should have access to our own physicians.
Dr. Snook is quite knowledgeable and I very much trust her. But don’t feel bad taking your time to ask all your questions. I think it’s so important when we are being treated for fertility issues. She will be helpful and explain things out.
I have had a lot of questions throughout this process. I am someone who likes to know all the details and be fully informed. Dr. Snook has spent a lot of one-on-one time with me and my husband regarding our diagnosis, treatment options, treatment evidence, and next steps. After seeing her for around 6 months or so at this point, I can tell that she is invested in our outcome and our (hopefully) future success.
I completed 4 timed intercourse cycles with Clomid 50 mg CD3-7 (2 of them were under the care of Dr Snook, the other two were under the care of my OBGYN). No positive pregnancy tests. I then completed two IUI cycles with letrozole 2.5 mg. No positive pregnancy tests. I just completed my first egg retrieval. Antagonist protocol with birth control priming. Gonal F 75mg + Menopur 75mg daily for 4 days, then we increased the Gonal F to 150 mg. We had originally started with the lower dose because I have PCOS and at higher risk for developing OHSS (I wanted to do a fresh transfer if possible). I ended up stimming for 15 days total. Trigger with Lupron and HCG 5,000 units. 28 eggs retrieved, 24 mature, 21 fertilized, 8 embryos frozen for future use. We ended up doing a freeze all because I got moderate OHSS after the ER (note - no issues with OHSS prior to ER). Currently taking estradiol 1mg vaginally in preparation for FET. Will be adding PIO soon enough..
RHS was recently bought by UPMC. For me, the office has been a little bit disorganized. It seems like there has been quite a bit of turnover since I’ve started here. Hopefully things will calm down once everything has settled down a bit. Margie has been very helpful through the process, I think she’s been there longer than the other IVF coordinators. I’ve had a couple communication issues between getting prior authorizations and the correct medications phoned in. However, the office is just one piece of the puzzle - there are obviously other factors in play. The financial coordinator Donna is also very helpful and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I like RHS. Almost every person I’ve encountered there seems to truly care about patients. The physicians there (the two I have come in contact with) have been great. I would say the only drawback or “weakness” is the turnover/acquisition that has seemed to occur recently, but this wouldn’t stop me from coming here. Just make sure to be on top of everything, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. I would say this for any clinic. Healthcare is busy and complex - just keep being an advocate for yourself. The clinic itself is nice, clean, and right off the freeway. No complaints there. Although we all wish the Squirrel Tunnel didn’t exist :).
I luckily have infertility coverage with my insurance company. Therefore, I ended up hitting my max out of pocket for 2019 ($3,700). Otherwise, I would guess that IVF plus the medications would cost around $20,000? But that of course will vary from person to person based on number of monitoring appointments and medications needed (plus any genetic testing or ICSI done).
We are planning to do an eSET. I am still relatively young and I haven’t failed a transfer at this point (haven’t done one yet). Because of the risks associated with multiples, and my individual factors, the eSET was the best choice for us. But I have the understanding that my clinic will do multiple embryo transfers depending on the situation (I’m relatively sure on this one).
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.

Dr. Snook is very kind and genuine. She took the time to sit with me and explain everything when my miscarried my first pregnancy after my IVF transfer. She didnt downplay my years of trying even though I am a younger patient. She is very focused on my success and continues to look for new options that may help grow our family.... First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy.
I love that this clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists] has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)... [Nurse] Cece is AMAZING!!!! She is always soo bubbly and compassionate. She gets all of my questions answered so quickly even when i ask a ridiculous amount of them.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Tell her everything. The more information she has to work with the more she will be able to help them achieve their family planning goals.
She always took the time to talk to me and answer my questions. I never had to remind her of my care or any important part of my history.
First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy. Those two cycles were not successful. I them wanted to move onto IVF. I was on gonal f and menopur. Then centritide. I had a very successful egg retrieval cycle gaining 21 eggs. We used ICSI on 10 eggs amd that gave us 7 embroyos and then we used natural fertilization on the remaining 11 and we had 8 embroyos. We had 12 embroyos make it to day 5. We transferred one in a fresh cycle and froze the remaining 11. I miscarried at 5w6d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cece keefe)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I love that this clinic has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)
I was lucky enough to have great health insurance that covered everything completely so I am unsure costs

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I met with Dr. Snook 3 times of my 5 total visits to RHS. The first was a consultation in which I was required to bring my husband. This appointment went well and it was fairly quick and straightforward. The second time I saw her was for my sonohystogram. I felt she was compassionate because I was very nervous about the procedure and the results. The final time was our follow up to discuss the results of all our diagnostic work...IVF was what Snook recommended but could not afford $28,000 for one cycle
I wish the clinic had some sort of financial program [at Reproductive Health Specialists]. The cost of the IVF was dumped on us rather bluntly and we were just expected to have the money. That left a bad impression on me. There is no compassion over costs. There was no financing available and possibly if there was we may have proceeded...I felt the wait times for bloodwork, diagnostic procedures, and ultrasounds were very quick. Dr. Snook did a sonohysterogram with me and I was very anxious over it and she made me feel relaxed. Nurse who drew my blood (7 vials!) was very personable and friendly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Come prepared to fight for what exactly you want to do.
Did not do any treatment as I have previously done 6 failed IUIs. IVF was what Snook recommended but could not afford $28,000 for one cycle (that was total with meds) it was suggested we’d need upwards of 3 IVF cycles for success. Did not qualify for shared risk due to AMH. Was given the option to do medicated IUIs but did not proceed due to price and previous failures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I wish the clinic had some sort of financial program. The cost of the IVF was dumped on us rather bluntly and we were just expected to have the money. That left a bad impression on me. There is no compassion over costs. There was no financing available and possibly if there was we may have proceeded.
IVF $22,000 and Meds $8,000. There was some sort of slight discount program for repeat cycles.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Snook was kind and always positive. She made me feel like nothing was wrong so why would it not work. She always has a smile on. She however never changed my medications after 3 failed IUIs. Protocol was always the same. She was easy to get in contact with very available.... Always clomid with ultrasound and bloodwork then iui following day after positive LH surge.... she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.... She [nurse] always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She is not in any rush but she is kind and wants what's best for you. She will not put you in danger but it may take some time because she doesn't change her routine easily.
She was kind, explained everything in depth, she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
She always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer. She never made me feel like I was bothering. She was prompt and always gave me apts asap and without difficulty.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.
Iui with clomid 250. Iui with blood work, ultrasound and clomid 730. Consult 100.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Snook was very attentive and empathetic with our situation. She even offered to stay with me during the 10 min wait after my IUI when my wife couldn't make the appointment. When we got our positive beta test back she cried happy tears with me. She truly cares!... She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Cece [nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists] was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns...They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill...I love that they have an App that you can use to readily and easily communicate. You can review test results and appointments easily too. The only negative is it takes a while for your initial appointment to be scheduled because they book fast however once you're a patient they're very flexible with appointments!
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook was a pleasure to work with and I recommended her to my friend who agreed she's a great doctor to work with. She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Know your insurance coverage so you don't have to play around with the least expensive treatments. If you have coverage, use it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ceecee)
Cece was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I was fortunate to have insurance coverage for our fertility treatments. The clinic did, however, go in to detail about costs if insurance didn't pay the claim. They also explained the financing options. They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill.
Dr. Snook used logistics when deciding how many embryos to transfer. I was pleased in the end!
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Meredith Snook] was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us.
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who may be going through fertility issues!
Go in knowing that she is there to help you
She is very kind and understanding!
She started us off on a simple route using Clomid...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes CeCe)
She was very kind almost too kind
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
Initial appointment was just shy of $200. The semen analysis seemed costly and of course the entire IVF process with medications is unbelievably high.
+ Read more- Read less

I enjoyed our initial consultation with Dr Snook. Unfortunately that was my only interaction with her. All other communication came through a nurse. This was not acceptable. I expect a dr who is treating you to meet with you more than once. When she wanted to stop treatment she didn’t even tell me herself.... 3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they [Repro Health Specialists] are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.... No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.... During the initial meeting in the office I felt like a human with Dr Snook, however all other contact was with a nurse via online messaging and that made me feel like a number.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Demand to deal with her not the nurse.
3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight. No explanation of how much or help with how to, just we are done.
No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Snook seems knowledgeable and is friendly and kind, but is quick to recommend/not recommend treatments simply based on statistics. She was hesitant to even prescribe Clomid at a low dose along with IUI.... I felt that the doctor was empathetic to our situation, but was quick to dismiss some options based on statistics alone despite our willingness to try anything.... You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Overall it is a good clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists], but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.... We had insurance coverage, but IUI costs were between $300 and $400 per cycle, not including medication. Clomid was less than $50 per cycle.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Did two non-medicated cycles with IUI, and one with Clomid.
Nursing staff was generally good and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Overall it is a good clinic, but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
As my first year going through treatments I was extremely grateful for my doctor. She was kind and caring. She explained everything thoroughly and took time out to call me after surgery. I have zero complaints....If you're an emotional person and need to receive blunt information with zero emotion, then maybe Dr. Snook is not for you....d ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery. Had 1 IVF cycle. Took ganirelix, menopur, follistim, estrogen, and progesterone suppositories. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses [at Repro Health Specialist] were all very kind and caring but it did seem they missed out on communicating together at times but not too often....Dr Snook really cares for her patients. She calls to check up on you and has cried with me... Had ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
5 rounds oF IUI on 1/2 pill of clomid, my body responded too well to whole pill. Synthroid. Vitamin D and Folic acid. Had ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery. Had 1 IVF cycle. Took ganirelix, menopur, follistim, estrogen, and progesterone suppositories. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses were all very kind and caring but it did seem they missed out on communicating together at times but not too often.