Medical SchoolU of Pittsburgh
FellowshipUPMC
419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Meredith Snook to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Health Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Snook is very kind and genuine. She took the time to sit with me and explain everything when my miscarried my first pregnancy after my IVF transfer. She didnt downplay my years of trying even though I am a younger patient. She is very focused on my success and continues to look for new options that may help grow our family.... First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Tell her everything. The more information she has to work with the more she will be able to help them achieve their family planning goals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She always took the time to talk to me and answer my questions. I never had to remind her of my care or any important part of my history.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy. Those two cycles were not successful. I them wanted to move onto IVF. I was on gonal f and menopur. Then centritide. I had a very successful egg retrieval cycle gaining 21 eggs. We used ICSI on 10 eggs amd that gave us 7 embroyos and then we used natural fertilization on the remaining 11 and we had 8 embroyos. We had 12 embroyos make it to day 5. We transferred one in a fresh cycle and froze the remaining 11. I miscarried at 5w6d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cece keefe)
Cece is AMAZING!!!! She is always soo bubbly and compassionate. She gets all of my questions answered so quickly even when i ask a ridiculous amount of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I love that this clinic has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.
I was lucky enough to have great health insurance that covered everything completely so I am unsure costs
Pittsburgh
Dr. Snook was kind and always positive. She made me feel like nothing was wrong so why would it not work. She always has a smile on. She however never changed my medications after 3 failed IUIs. Protocol was always the same. She was easy to get in contact with very available.... Always clomid with ultrasound and bloodwork then iui following day after positive LH surge.... she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She is not in any rush but she is kind and wants what's best for you. She will not put you in danger but it may take some time because she doesn't change her routine easily.
She was kind, explained everything in depth, she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
She always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer. She never made me feel like I was bothering. She was prompt and always gave me apts asap and without difficulty.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.
Iui with clomid 250. Iui with blood work, ultrasound and clomid 730. Consult 100.
Pittsburgh
Dr. Snook was very attentive and empathetic with our situation. She even offered to stay with me during the 10 min wait after my IUI when my wife couldn't make the appointment. When we got our positive beta test back she cried happy tears with me. She truly cares!... She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook was a pleasure to work with and I recommended her to my friend who agreed she's a great doctor to work with. She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Know your insurance coverage so you don't have to play around with the least expensive treatments. If you have coverage, use it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ceecee)
Cece was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I love that they have an App that you can use to readily and easily communicate. You can review test results and appointments easily too. The only negative is it takes a while for your initial appointment to be scheduled because they book fast however once you're a patient they're very flexible with appointments!
I was fortunate to have insurance coverage for our fertility treatments. The clinic did, however, go in to detail about costs if insurance didn't pay the claim. They also explained the financing options. They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Dr. Snook used logistics when deciding how many embryos to transfer. I was pleased in the end!
Pittsburgh
She [Dr. Meredith Snook] was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who may be going through fertility issues!
Go in knowing that she is there to help you
She is very kind and understanding!
She started us off on a simple route using Clomid...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes CeCe)
She was very kind almost too kind
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
Initial appointment was just shy of $200. The semen analysis seemed costly and of course the entire IVF process with medications is unbelievably high.
Pittsburgh
I enjoyed our initial consultation with Dr Snook. Unfortunately that was my only interaction with her. All other communication came through a nurse. This was not acceptable. I expect a dr who is treating you to meet with you more than once. When she wanted to stop treatment she didn’t even tell me herself.... 3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Demand to deal with her not the nurse.
During the initial meeting in the office I felt like a human with Dr Snook, however all other contact was with a nurse via online messaging and that made me feel like a number.
3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight. No explanation of how much or help with how to, just we are done.
No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.
Pittsburgh
Dr. Snook seems knowledgeable and is friendly and kind, but is quick to recommend/not recommend treatments simply based on statistics. She was hesitant to even prescribe Clomid at a low dose along with IUI.... I felt that the doctor was empathetic to our situation, but was quick to dismiss some options based on statistics alone despite our willingness to try anything.... You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Did two non-medicated cycles with IUI, and one with Clomid.
Nursing staff was generally good and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Overall it is a good clinic, but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.
We had insurance coverage, but IUI costs were between $300 and $400 per cycle, not including medication. Clomid was less than $50 per cycle.