3.5

419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
She indicated that only one embryo will be transferred at a time...[Dr. Snook] was very thorough in explaining the process. She indicated that I was at risk for OHSS and said I would be put on low/moderate medication. We had put together a plan, but she was absent throughout the appointments and there was no communication leading up to the egg retrieval...
During the IVF cycle the [UPMC Magee] nurses were okay. There were a few mix ups in communication, but if I had a question they were able to give or find out an answer...The cost of the cycle itself. Additional clinic costs. PGT-Testing is billed separately. Medications were self pay separately...The clinic is very busy. Be prepared to wait for getting an appointment. A strength is that they offer two different locations for scheduling most appointments
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at UPMC Magee?
Dr Snook first met with us for an IVF consultation. She was very thorough in explaining the process. She indicated that I was at risk for OHSS and said I would be put on low/moderate medication. We had put together a plan, but she was absent throughout the appointments and there was no communication leading up to the egg retrieval. Half way through the medications, my dosage was increased, which almost led to a canceled cycle. Luckily we continued on to have a successful egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at UPMC Magee?
Keep your expectations low for communication and be prepared to be a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at UPMC Magee?
During our treatment there was a lot of miscommunication between the team of doctors and nurses. Also, a lack of empathy from the team when going through such an emotional and sensitive process made us feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at UPMC Magee and their degree of success.
The protocol was for me to be on low-moderate dosage of medication due to being at high risk for OHSS. During my cycle, halfway through my meds were increased then we received a call from another doctor saying we may need to cancel the cycle because the medications were too much. Next my medication was decreased for the remaining days.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UPMC Magee.
During the IVF cycle the nurses were okay. There were a few mix ups in communication, but if I had a question they were able to give or find out an answer. The nurses were great during the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with UPMC Magee.
The clinic is very busy. Be prepared to wait for getting an appointment. A strength is that they offer two different locations for scheduling most appointments. Treatment is not personalized and you will feel like a number. Be your own advocate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at UPMC Magee.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UPMC Magee.
She indicated that only one embryo will be transferred at a time.
What specific things went wrong at UPMC Magee?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UPMC Magee.
We received conflicting information about the medication but did as instructed from the nurse team.
UPMC Magee
Magee

Dr. Snook is a great doctor that really cares about her patients. Unfortunately, I've seen her once in my six months of treatment -- all the staff at the clinic rotate through and you're not always with your primary doctor...Know that she's making all the decisions for your treatment, but you may not actually see her...Agonist protocol (batched with other patients), and then estrogen-primed agonist protocol with my natural cycle...
[Reproductive Health Specialists] strengths are that they specialize in only fertility treatment and have a state of the art lab. The clinic experience with appointments and portal messaging leave a lot to be desired...I'm in the middle of my second cycle here, but related to frustration with the clinic constantly running late and just a general feeling of being uninformed about the progression of my treatment (although I am a registered nurse myself), I will not be returning if this second cycle is unsuccessful. This clinic might be great for you if you're very proactive and do a lot of research yourself and live east of the city, but if you're trying to get out here and back to downtown like I do on a regular basis, I would recommend trying Magee as that's my next plan.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Know that she's making all the decisions for your treatment, but you may not actually see her, so you have to be comfortable with everyone at the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook takes time to listen to you and will adjust a protocol to your specific needs, but in my experience, only after you failed with the clinic's batching protocol.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Everything is managed through a portal, and completely impersonal. Staff often is complaining at the clinic, and they tend to run 30-40 minutes late related to understaffing as of October 2019.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The clinic's strengths are that they specialize in only fertility treatment and have a state of the art lab. The clinic experience with appointments and portal messaging leave a lot to be desired. I have multiple friends who have had success at this clinic, and I'm in the middle of my second cycle here, but related to frustration with the clinic constantly running late and just a general feeling of being uninformed about the progression of my treatment (although I am a registered nurse myself), I will not be returning if this second cycle is unsuccessful. This clinic might be great for you if you're very proactive and do a lot of research yourself and live east of the city, but if you're trying to get out here and back to downtown like I do on a regular basis, I would recommend trying Magee as that's my next plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Out of pocket, between $12-15k per IVF cycle, including medication.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
eSET is highly advised by this clinic, but I'm okay with that because it reflects what is in the literature.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Pittsburgh

I enjoyed our initial consultation with Dr Snook. Unfortunately that was my only interaction with her. All other communication came through a nurse. This was not acceptable. I expect a dr who is treating you to meet with you more than once. When she wanted to stop treatment she didn’t even tell me herself.... 3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they [Repro Health Specialists] are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.... No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.... During the initial meeting in the office I felt like a human with Dr Snook, however all other contact was with a nurse via online messaging and that made me feel like a number.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Demand to deal with her not the nurse.
3 cycles using Letrozol and increasing the dose each time. I did not ovulate for any of the cycles. She also had my tubes checked for blockages there were none. After 3 cycles she had the nurse message me to tell me we were done until I lose weight. No explanation of how much or help with how to, just we are done.
No one could ever draw my blood and made me feel like it was my fault.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
On appointment days plan to be there a while. Also they are extremely difficult to work with as far as scheduling is concerned. They were not sympathetic to the fact that I have an hour and 45 minute drive one way to get there.
Pittsburgh

Dr. Snook seems knowledgeable and is friendly and kind, but is quick to recommend/not recommend treatments simply based on statistics. She was hesitant to even prescribe Clomid at a low dose along with IUI.... I felt that the doctor was empathetic to our situation, but was quick to dismiss some options based on statistics alone despite our willingness to try anything.... You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Overall it is a good clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists], but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.... We had insurance coverage, but IUI costs were between $300 and $400 per cycle, not including medication. Clomid was less than $50 per cycle.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
You have to advocate for yourself if you know what you want.
Did two non-medicated cycles with IUI, and one with Clomid.
Nursing staff was generally good and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Overall it is a good clinic, but due to the volume, it's hard to feel like you have individualized care and focus on your particular situation. You have to be prepared to advocate for yourself, ask questions, question why your doctor is approaching treatment the way he or she is.