3.5

419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-731-8000

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr Snook listens and cares about her patients. She has good bedside manner and knowledge of her profession. I wouldn’t hesitate to refer someone to her for treatment. She was willing to listen through my thoughts and ideas and change course when necessary...We used two IUIs but then switched to IVF due to male factor infertility and patient preference. We ended up with eight embryos and transferred 6 of them (one did not survive thaw). We ended up with one live birth as of now....
I believe the nurses [at Reproductive Health Specialists] are assigned to certain providers’ patients. They may be understaffed because it can take awhile to get a response. And definitely call, don’t use the portal as of now because you may not ever receive a response...You spend most of your time with techs and MAs, and then nurses on the phone. There isn’t much interaction with your REI, which is disappointing. They also don’t have any discounts for patients without coverage, which is a bummer. I would like to see them progress in this area....
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
I feel like Dr Snook listens and cares about her patients. She has good bedside manner and knowledge of her profession. I wouldn’t hesitate to refer someone to her for treatment. She was willing to listen through my thoughts and ideas and change course when necessary.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Make a list and go through any concerns you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
It is clear that Dr Snook cares deeply for her patients and goes the extra mile. After failed transfers or miscarriage, she made sure to follow up and plan next steps.
Describe the protocols Meredith Snook used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Things are a bit different now that this clinic has transferred to UPMC. You don’t generally see the same people it seems, although I believe the nurses are assigned to certain providers’ patients. They may be understaffed because it can take awhile to get a response. And definitely call, don’t use the portal as of now because you may not ever receive a response.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
Since their transition to UPMC, it feels more like a big clinic atmosphere than it was before. You spend most of your time with techs and MAs, and then nurses on the phone. There isn’t much interaction with your REI, which is disappointing. They also don’t have any discounts for patients without coverage, which is a bummer. I would like to see them progress in this area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Patients paying without insurance coverage do not receive a discount. There are no cost share or discount programs. Very limited on financial options unfortunately. I hope they improve in this area.
Describe Meredith Snook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Generally for younger age, eSET is done. Because of our failure rate with transfers, she allowed a switch to two embryos at once. My impression is that this option is reserved for certain situations and everyone is a little different so definitely discuss with her.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Health Specialists.
Nothing to add. Just some work needed on communication.
Pittsburgh
Dr. Snook is very kind and genuine. She took the time to sit with me and explain everything when my miscarried my first pregnancy after my IVF transfer. She didnt downplay my years of trying even though I am a younger patient. She is very focused on my success and continues to look for new options that may help grow our family.... First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy.
I love that this clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists] has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)... [Nurse] Cece is AMAZING!!!! She is always soo bubbly and compassionate. She gets all of my questions answered so quickly even when i ask a ridiculous amount of them.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Tell her everything. The more information she has to work with the more she will be able to help them achieve their family planning goals.
She always took the time to talk to me and answer my questions. I never had to remind her of my care or any important part of my history.
First we tried unassisted IUI cycles. We wanted to try for only one egg each cycle as my uterine abnormality wouldnt work well with a multiple pregnancy. Those two cycles were not successful. I them wanted to move onto IVF. I was on gonal f and menopur. Then centritide. I had a very successful egg retrieval cycle gaining 21 eggs. We used ICSI on 10 eggs amd that gave us 7 embroyos and then we used natural fertilization on the remaining 11 and we had 8 embroyos. We had 12 embroyos make it to day 5. We transferred one in a fresh cycle and froze the remaining 11. I miscarried at 5w6d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cece keefe)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I love that this clinic has a small town feel. I feel like i know most of the staff pretty personally and am always confortable to ask questions when need be. I dont like they they recently changed health care services ( highmark to UPMC)
I was lucky enough to have great health insurance that covered everything completely so I am unsure costs
Pittsburgh
I met with Dr. Snook 3 times of my 5 total visits to RHS. The first was a consultation in which I was required to bring my husband. This appointment went well and it was fairly quick and straightforward. The second time I saw her was for my sonohystogram. I felt she was compassionate because I was very nervous about the procedure and the results. The final time was our follow up to discuss the results of all our diagnostic work...IVF was what Snook recommended but could not afford $28,000 for one cycle
I wish the clinic had some sort of financial program [at Reproductive Health Specialists]. The cost of the IVF was dumped on us rather bluntly and we were just expected to have the money. That left a bad impression on me. There is no compassion over costs. There was no financing available and possibly if there was we may have proceeded...I felt the wait times for bloodwork, diagnostic procedures, and ultrasounds were very quick. Dr. Snook did a sonohysterogram with me and I was very anxious over it and she made me feel relaxed. Nurse who drew my blood (7 vials!) was very personable and friendly.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Come prepared to fight for what exactly you want to do.
Did not do any treatment as I have previously done 6 failed IUIs. IVF was what Snook recommended but could not afford $28,000 for one cycle (that was total with meds) it was suggested we’d need upwards of 3 IVF cycles for success. Did not qualify for shared risk due to AMH. Was given the option to do medicated IUIs but did not proceed due to price and previous failures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I wish the clinic had some sort of financial program. The cost of the IVF was dumped on us rather bluntly and we were just expected to have the money. That left a bad impression on me. There is no compassion over costs. There was no financing available and possibly if there was we may have proceeded.
IVF $22,000 and Meds $8,000. There was some sort of slight discount program for repeat cycles.
Pittsburgh

Dr. Snook was very attentive and empathetic with our situation. She even offered to stay with me during the 10 min wait after my IUI when my wife couldn't make the appointment. When we got our positive beta test back she cried happy tears with me. She truly cares!... She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Cece [nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists] was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns...They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill...I love that they have an App that you can use to readily and easily communicate. You can review test results and appointments easily too. The only negative is it takes a while for your initial appointment to be scheduled because they book fast however once you're a patient they're very flexible with appointments!
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Snook was a pleasure to work with and I recommended her to my friend who agreed she's a great doctor to work with. She's kind and shows she cares with her tone and attention to detail. She makes a point to speak with her patients directly instead of relying on her nursing staff.
Know your insurance coverage so you don't have to play around with the least expensive treatments. If you have coverage, use it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ceecee)
Cece was thorough with her responses and quick to respond to my questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I was fortunate to have insurance coverage for our fertility treatments. The clinic did, however, go in to detail about costs if insurance didn't pay the claim. They also explained the financing options. They do break up billing so I never had a lump sum bill but rather a "per treatment " bill.
Dr. Snook used logistics when deciding how many embryos to transfer. I was pleased in the end!

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Snook was kind and always positive. She made me feel like nothing was wrong so why would it not work. She always has a smile on. She however never changed my medications after 3 failed IUIs. Protocol was always the same. She was easy to get in contact with very available.... Always clomid with ultrasound and bloodwork then iui following day after positive LH surge.... she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.... She [nurse] always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She is not in any rush but she is kind and wants what's best for you. She will not put you in danger but it may take some time because she doesn't change her routine easily.
She was kind, explained everything in depth, she talked with me on the phone after my loss and was very empathetic. She was positive and upifting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
She always was quick to tell you results and respond immediately to questions. She always asked dr snook if I had questions and would respond with her answer. She never made me feel like I was bothering. She was prompt and always gave me apts asap and without difficulty.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They don't make you wait long. Techs and nurses smile and are kind. No one rushes you. It is kept very Clean. They are great with bloodwork. They don't make u pay till time of insemination. They walk you through everything. There is no question of what happens next. The patient portal is used and run wonderfully and they response so fast.
Iui with clomid 250. Iui with blood work, ultrasound and clomid 730. Consult 100.
Pittsburgh
She [Dr. Meredith Snook] was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us.
They [Reproductive Health Specialists] are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
She was very good at explaining the process and the steps we should take. She did a great job of explaining everything and all of the steps that we would take. She made us feel very comfortable about our situation and took time to answer all of our questions. She gave us some helpful suggestions, which was much appreciated. When we had follow-up questions and contacted the clinic she always got back to us. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who may be going through fertility issues!
Go in knowing that she is there to help you
She is very kind and understanding!
She started us off on a simple route using Clomid...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Yes CeCe)
She was very kind almost too kind
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
They are very organized and on top of things. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctors very compassionate and want to help you succeed in becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby. Everyone is very good at answering questions and getting back to you with the appropriate answer in a timely manner.
Initial appointment was just shy of $200. The semen analysis seemed costly and of course the entire IVF process with medications is unbelievably high.
Pittsburgh
As my first year going through treatments I was extremely grateful for my doctor. She was kind and caring. She explained everything thoroughly and took time out to call me after surgery. I have zero complaints....If you're an emotional person and need to receive blunt information with zero emotion, then maybe Dr. Snook is not for you....d ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery. Had 1 IVF cycle. Took ganirelix, menopur, follistim, estrogen, and progesterone suppositories. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses [at Repro Health Specialist] were all very kind and caring but it did seem they missed out on communicating together at times but not too often....Dr Snook really cares for her patients. She calls to check up on you and has cried with me... Had ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery...
How was your experience with Meredith Snook at Reproductive Health Specialists?
5 rounds oF IUI on 1/2 pill of clomid, my body responded too well to whole pill. Synthroid. Vitamin D and Folic acid. Had ectopic on last round which they tried to dissolve with methotrexate but ended in surgery. Had 1 IVF cycle. Took ganirelix, menopur, follistim, estrogen, and progesterone suppositories. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
The nurses were all very kind and caring but it did seem they missed out on communicating together at times but not too often.