Merle Berger

Boston IVF

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolCase Western
West Yarmouth, MA 02673
Waltham
130 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Merle Berger to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF to a friend?
2012 - 2017
[Dr. Berger's] profesionalism is outstanding . If i was late , he never rushed me out . Always answers my questions no matter how silly they were...He started me on a low dose and went up slowly , wanted to prevent twin pregnancy . He monitored everything carefully and timely . I was always given an update as soon as they had the results , no matter what day of the week it was ... he diagnosed me wit PCOS and for years no doctor had even given me any results for infertility
2012 - 2017
How was your experience with Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
Dr. Merle has an amazing way of explaining everything, he’s very patience and very positive . Step by step he explained the pros and cons . We have two beautiful girls , and I talk to them and to everyone else about Dr. Berger , M . I have a few friends that now see Dostors at BIVF but have different doctors I think . But I feel like I became a spoke person for couples with unexplained infertility. I learned from Dr. Berger , that there is a way to have a baby , we just needs to find answers . He’s profesionalism is outstanding . If i was late , he never rushed me out . Always answers my questions no matter how silly they were . I’m very thankful to have been his patient twice and I’m looking forward to visit him for our third baby if everything goes well , we have a frozen embryo .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
Listen carefully , ask all the questions , don’t fear to hear anything, sometimes he might give you an answer you don’t want to hear but it is what it is . Keep your faith !
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Merle Berger at Boston IVF?
First thing he gave me was hope ! I walked in there scared of why I couldn’t have children and he diagnosed me wit PCOS and for years no doctor had even given me any results for infertility. This changed my life because I then understood why everything was different with me , like having no periods gaining and loosing weight . No babies , etc . He gave us all the in and outs about BOSTON IVF and I felt as one of his daughters .
Describe the protocols Merle Berger used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
He wanted to start me on trigger shots , but for insurance purposes I had to start with pills (chlomid) that didn’t work as expected. But the shots were magic. He started me on a low dose and went up slowly , wanted to prevent twin pregnancy . He monitored everything carefully and timely . I was always given an update as soon as they had the results , no matter what day of the week it was . That was for baby #1 , for our second child I started with the trigger shots , we were going for IVF due to my age , again to avoid twin pregnancy . I had an egg retrieval , but before I got to implant the embryo we got pregnant with baby #2
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
All I can say is that everyone there show they care ! They are the most sweet and understanding care takers I have encounter . Even the billing department is very understamble. Everyone there is ready to assist you . The day surgery team is amazing too , they explain everything step by step and make you feel confident .
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The two places I visited were Brookline and Waltham , and I find everything perfect . Brookline is a little smaller but very cozy and welcoming . The only thing that there’s really never any parking . They are finishing up a new parking lot. Waltham is complementary parking and always available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Merle Berger at Boston IVF.
My insurance cover most of it , I paid $5000 deductible out of pocket . And 3,500 for the eggs. Plus copays
Describe Merle Berger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I agreed with everything he thought it was best for us , I trusted him as my doctor and never doubt him . I’m truly happy that he wanted me to have a single baby each time .
Merle Berger