Advanced Fertility Center of Texas

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolTexas Tech U.
ResidencyBaylor
The Woodlands
17198 St. Luke's Way
The Woodlands, TX 77384
713-467-4488
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Allon to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Center of Texas to a friend?
6 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Allon truly cares about me as his patient. We've had many setbacks and each time that has happened he assesses the situation and comes up with a new plan. He's compassionate and honest.... I lost weight prior to treatment in order to improve my egg quality. He has a wellness center on site to help with that. I took CoQ10 and prenatal vitamins. We did not use birth control before my cycle in order to not suppress my ovaries.
6 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Dr. Allon truly cares about me as his patient. We've had many setbacks and each time that has happened he assesses the situation and comes up with a new plan. He's compassionate and honest. We were successful once and have a beautiful daughter. We are being treated by home again and trying to have baby #2. We love Dr. Allon and are glad he has our back during such a stressful process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Trust your gut and make sure you ask any questions you have. He's there to help make dreams come true,
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
The staff at Dr. Allon's clinic make a point to get to know you. They learn your name so that makes you feel like a human, not just another number. Everyone, including Dr. Allon genuinely care about your situation and needs.
Describe the protocols Michael Allon used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
I lost weight prior to treatment in order to improve my egg quality. He has a wellness center on site to help with that. I took CoQ10 and prenatal vitamins. We did not use birth control before my cycle in order to not suppress my ovaries. Meds used were Gonal-F, Ovadrel, and Menopur. We ended up getting 5 good quality frozen embryos. After the first transfer failed, he looked at reasons why that could have happened. He ran more tests to rule certain things out and discovered that my prolactin was high. For the successful transfer I was taking medication to lower my prolactin. Dr. Allon only uses frozen embryos. After my positive pregnancy test, he monitored me closely for the first 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jeanine Price)
For retrieval cycles you meet with Dr. Tralik and her two coordinators. They are all amazing and care about the difficult process you're going through. Jeanine is the coordinator I dealt with the most. They are excellent at answering my many questions and reassuring me when needed.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They provide the best care and are good at making appointments that fit with your schedule. A weakness at the clinic is wait time for appointments, but it depends on the day. Some days there is little wait, others times it's longer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
I had health insurance coverage for the first round of treatment that covered procedures. But, Dr. Allon has his own inhouse lab, so those costs are out of pocket. Paying 100% out of pocket this time and for one egg retirval and transfer (includes all lab work and freezing costs) it will be $11,000-$12,000 plus the cost of meds $2,000-$6,000.
Describe Michael Allon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
He has always transferred two frozen embryos.
Houston
So far [with Dr. Michael Allon], we have only done a cycle of clomid to go in and look at the number of eggs produced. Dr. Allon determined that I had PCOS and recommended a hysteroscopy...Dr. Allon takes the time to sit down and go over personal goals with his patients. He makes time to answer any questions and never makes you feel like a number...Dr. Allon is compassionate, patient and gentle towards his patients. He is extremely straightforward but in a gentle and stern manner. Dr. Allon has always been thorough and sympathetic towards infertility issues.
Take something to write with because there's no spoon-feeding with Dr. Allon. He gives you all the needed information at one time so there's no surprises.
So far, we have only done a cycle of clomid to go in and look at the number of eggs produced. Dr. Allon determined that I had PCOS and recommended a hysteroscopy. It's still fairly early to speak about the results produced but I'm confident in Dr. Allon's plan towards pregnancy.
Sometimes it's hit or miss with the nursing staff. There are days when they answer phones or immediately return phone calls. Other days, the voicemail only picks up and the day is almost over before a call is returned. However, the staff is always friendly and professional during appointments.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The clinic is located in the central part of town, making it easily accessible. The waiting area could be a little bigger, as there's often couple coming in for appointments. With a long couch and three chairs, patients are often standing in a corner or propped against the furniture. I will say that the waiting area is always neat and clean.
We paid for the consultation and blood work that had to be completed. We have purchased clomid through a local pharmacy and are taking the recommended fertility vitamins from the clinic. We have recently been billed for the hysteroscopy as well.
None
College Station
2013 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs
2013 - 2015
IVF, Donor Eggs
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us in the beginning that because of my age donor eggs were my best option and he "wouldn't put you through" trying with my own as he just thought it would not work. Because he is so thorough we discovered before my 2nd transfer that my uterus was covered in scar tissue because of my previous C-section. It took a lot more work to get my uterus healed before I was ready for a transfer. Dr. Allon never gave up on me but I totally trusted that if we were to get to the point where it was an impossibility that he would have been honest with me. There were a couple of times that I had questions and emailed or call and he always called me back immediately, giving me his mobile number to call whenever I needed to. As far as I'm concerned he is an angel.
Listen to him. Ask a lot of questions.
All of the nurses and Doctor's really knew my situation and me. I never felt like I had to remind someone of my case.
The first step was always the hysteroscopy. With my first round it was routine and then we went straight into a successful transfer. The 2nd time there was scar tissue almost completely covering my uterus, he removed it all and we did another hysteroscopy. The scar tissue was back so we did another one and then inserted a pediatric catheter for one week, another hysteroscopy showed that that cleared up the scar tissue but then the Ultrasound showed fluid in my uterus. He had to drain it twice and then we did another hysteroscopy to see what kept showing up on the Ultrasound. It was some inflammation that he had to remove. So I finally got on the treatment calendar estrace twice a day, one baby aspirin, dexamethasone, doxycline a couple of days before, PIO injections a couple of days before. That transfer did not work. After my period came we started again immediately with the same protocol plus another medication to increase blood flow to my uterus (pentafoxylyn?) and 1000mg of vitamin E. This time the transfer resulted in pregnancy.
They were all very, very compassionate. The one negative was that I felt like depending on what procedure I was getting there was always someone different and they didn't always communicate. It would have been nice if my coordinator would have been a little more involved.
Can't remember the fresh cycle but the FET was $3125 each time.
Houston
He [Dr. Allon] answered our many calls after hours when we were scared something was wrong and never once made us feel like those calls weren't welcomed...We moved to IVF with a frozen cycle so all the drugs could go out of my system before my body tried to accept the embryo. We transferred two embryos after thawing 3 because they worried that more than 2 embryos would be too big for my body. They thawed 3 because the first egg was only "okay" quality. They transferred the 2 best and I did acupuncture to help with the transfer. I also took a vitamin regimen that Dr. Allon recommended to help my body give me the best results. We were very excited when we received the news that we were pregnant after our first IVF cycle.
Dr. Allon made sure we understood every step of our journey. He sat with us while we cried happy tears and sad ones, and through our many many questions. He was sure that we understood the risks and the gains and why he was making the recommendations that he did. He answered our many calls after hours when we were scared something was wrong and never once made us feel like those calls weren't welcomed.
To trust him. He has your best interest at heart.
He was very caring and tailored everything towards us as individuals. He was caring and warm, and explained things in several different ways when we had questioned.
We first completed IUI since we had already done clomid with my ob/gyn. We had what he considered a perfect cycle with the numbers always like they should be, and an insimination that was good. We ended with a negative pregnancy test. Because everything was "perfect" he wanted us to move to IVF. He worried that there was something going on that we couldn't see or test for. We moved to IVF with a frozen cycle so all the drugs could go out of my system before my body tried to accept the embryo. We transferred two embryos after thawing 3 because they worried that more than 2 embryos would be too big for my body. They thawed 3 because the first egg was only "okay" quality. They transferred the 2 best and I did acupuncture to help with the transfer. I also took a vitamin regimen that Dr. Allon recommended to help my body give me the best results. We were very excited when we received the news that we were pregnant after our first IVF cycle.
The nurses were very caring and comfortable to talk to and ask questions to. They answered the many questions we had over the phone and were so kind when providing us both good and bad news. They were very good about explaining every step of the process when I was going through it.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They were excellent. The facility was great, and it was so nice to have one place to go rather than going to do some procedures in a hospital. We one of the staff was very kind and honest about the different steps and expectations. The staff offered to help in any way they could.
The IVF MD costs were around 10,000 with medication not included. They provided us with a pharmacy that was available and helpful.
He felt given out struggle that he wanted to transfer two and was very upfront about it. We agreed with the decision and had no questions about it.
The Woodlands
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Allon was compassionate and a great help in helping me to understand all the troubles that would come with IVF, and all the possible outcomes even if those outcomes are not in my favor. He also took the time to give me other options when my previous IVF Cycles we're not positive or failed. He encouraged me not to give up and understood when I explained I couldn't move forward due to lack of funding.
European, Black or African-American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Everyone in the office took time to answer my questions and cater to my needs
It is good to write down all the questions you have so that you don't forget any. And ask about discount and alternative ways of payments
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The clinic itself is very nice and comfortable atmosphere. It is not overly busy so you can get in and out of your appointment in a timely manner. There's a TV in the lobby to entertain your family members if they have to wait for you when you're having a procedure done. There is acupuncture available if you have the funding to utilize it
I did mini IVF Cycles and they had all inclusive package deals to help accommodate your needs. Which was convenient and you didn't have to worry about making a payment every time or unsure of what the cost maybe.. And if a treatment was stopped you get refunded for what is not used.. which is not recommended but very helpful
Houston
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done....He suggested a lot of expensive herbs and vitamins that they sell but I couldn’t afford them so that wasn’t very helpful.... Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.... I was told that all me and my husband test were fine and good from the dna test. Then later they said we needed some prevention medicine because of a test result
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done. They didn’t accept my insurance past a certain point either so I’m stalled.
Be financially ready otherwise you will get your hopes up in vain.
They were kind, fast and courteous Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The strength is the location the online portal is nice. It’s not for people who want to self pay at a reasonable rate it’s expensive but the doctor is nice and is able to do everything there at the facility. I don’t like all the pricey vitamins fell like it’s marketing and not really a solution.
All I can remember is it was very expensive to move forward. I received blood work and checked to make sure my tubes were open and that’s basically it.
Houston
[Dr. Michael Allon is] very sensitive and caring...He's very committed...I like the way he has treated myself and my husband, it is a stressful process and good to have such a wonderful doctor...Ask all the questions you want! He will answer them...
He's very committed, sensitive and concerned - I like the way he has treated myself and my husband, it is a stressful process and good to have such a wonderful doctor. I really cant add much more than that
Ask all the questions you want! He will answer them
very sensitive and caring
The surgical staff is fantastic. IVF nurses communicate by message to portal and sometimes the directions aren't very clear. There also isn't a great way to contact them after hours if you have questions. Sometimes the manner of communication is stressful and pressured. With that said - they are all on your team for sure and doing the best for you.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Communication can be improved as well as after hours contact line; all staff very nice and welcoming though. Weaknesses - unlike other places - you will not get an embryo quality grade, so that is important to know.
15-20,000
2013 - 2016
At the beginning, in 2013, I was very much treated like a human. The more popular he [Dr. Allon] got, the more I felt like a number....He listens to what I know about my own body and takes that into consideration with treatment. While he does have typical treatments for specific infertility dx, he doesn't hesitant to change based on YOU. He did this with all my cycles.
2013 - 2016
Allon is fantastic. He listens to what I know about my own body and takes that into consideration with treatment. While he does have typical treatments for specific infertility dx, he doesn't hesitant to change based on YOU. He did this with all my cycles.
Ask all the questions
At the beginning, in 2013, I was very much treated like a human. The more popular he got, the more I felt like a number.
I used Femara CD 3-7 5 mg, Gonal F 150 IU and Menopur 75 IU CD 6-10. In my case I needed u/s on CD 8 and 10. I'd trigger CD 10 and IUI would be CD 12.
I had a variety of nurses. Some didn't seem to care and some seemed very compassionate. I've noticed the level of concern and personalization of the staff has decreased as time has gone on and the clinic has been more successful.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Overall this clinic is amazing and I recommend people there a lot.
I spent $1500-$2000 per cycle, not including medications.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I feel Dr. Allon is stretched very thin. He does not handle any of the actual fertility protocols but only the procedures. He knows your name when he enters the room before the procedure. He has a great bedside manner but if you want to speak with him during treatment you have to pay for a consultation fee....Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse....[The nurses] prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He has a great bedside manner and is a wonderful doctor. He just has limited time because of the number of patients at the clinic. He really needs a partner at his practice
Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alex, Aurora, Monica )
They prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA