5.5

The Woodlands
17198 St. Luke's Way
The Woodlands, TX 77384

Treated 2017
Dr. Allon was very nice and concerned about my wellbeing. He had even called me one evening on his cell phone to see if I was doing okay...I always felt at ease with him. If I needed to talk to him I could... He did my ERA test (which came back right) with one protocol and then the transfer cycle after was with a different protocol. It should have been the same protocol used as the one with the ERA test. I never realized this until another dr looked at it and pointed it out.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] is nice. The outside has easy parking and it’s free. The inside is nice as well. Everything is set up perfectly and has a place. They do have a wellness place inside with acupuncture and vitamins etc. I feel like they make a lot of money off this too! The dr highly recommends using it...it’s not cheap either...The staff was friendly. They knew my first name and would talk to me when I came in like a “human”.
How was your experience with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Dr. Allon is very caring and easy to talk to. I always felt at ease with him. If I needed to talk to him I could. He is a very busy man but would take the time to see if he could help with anything. Honestly I have nothing bad to say about him as a person. The treatments/ protocols that he used for us...unfortunately didn’t work but that’s okay it has worked for others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Just pay attention to your protocol and if he changes it every single cycle. There should be some consistency to find out what is working and what isn’t. He did my ERA test (which came back right) with one protocol and then the transfer cycle after was with a different protocol. It should have been the same protocol used as the one with the ERA test. I never realized this until another dr looked at it and pointed it out. For first time IVF patients it’s hard to know everything....by the second round you will know a lot more. (Hopefully you won’t have a round 2).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
The staff was friendly. They knew my first name and would talk to me when I came in like a “human”. Dr. Allon was very nice and concerned about my wellbeing. He had even called me one evening on his cell phone to see if I was doing okay.
Describe the protocols Michael Allon used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
I would like to say he tried just about everything on me. Literally! I felt like a guinea pig at times, but it didn’t matter because I wanted to be pregnant!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
They didn’t answer the phone much. You would have to leave a message. Sometimes hard to understand.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The clinic is nice. The outside has easy parking and it’s free. The inside is nice as well. Everything is set up perfectly and has a place. They do have a wellness place inside with acupuncture and vitamins etc. I feel like they make a lot of money off this too! The dr highly recommends using it...it’s not cheap either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Allon at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
It was $14,500.00 for IVF and the medications were another $3-$5 thousand....then $3,150.00 each time we did a transfer. Plus add acupuncture $400 for a couple treatments which they HIGHLY recommend and all their wellness products.
Describe Michael Allon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Test your embryos no matter what! Always! Dr. Allon said I am younger I should have good embryos...no need to test. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY! He would transfer two every time when we only had 6. I wasn’t old when he did the transfers. Seemed to be a little much especially when this isn’t a cheap process. He chargers for each transfer. Some places will not charge for each transfer. They only charge after you have had a successful one.
Treated 2016 - 2018
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done....He suggested a lot of expensive herbs and vitamins that they sell but I couldn’t afford them so that wasn’t very helpful.... Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.... I was told that all me and my husband test were fine and good from the dna test. Then later they said we needed some prevention medicine because of a test result
The strength [Advanced Fertility Ctr] is the location the online portal is nice. It’s not for people who want to self pay at a reasonable rate it’s expensive but the doctor is nice and is able to do everything there at the facility. I don’t like all the pricey vitamins fell like it’s marketing and not really a solution.... I was told that all me and my husband test were fine and good from the dna test. Then later they said we needed some prevention medicine because of a test result and I was like you guys said we were good and in clear before and I got no response.
He made me feel encouraged like we could have a child. They didn’t explain to me my issue I’m still guessing about what needs to be done. They didn’t accept my insurance past a certain point either so I’m stalled.
Be financially ready otherwise you will get your hopes up in vain.
They were kind, fast and courteous Dr Allon is has awesome bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
The strength is the location the online portal is nice. It’s not for people who want to self pay at a reasonable rate it’s expensive but the doctor is nice and is able to do everything there at the facility. I don’t like all the pricey vitamins fell like it’s marketing and not really a solution.
All I can remember is it was very expensive to move forward. I received blood work and checked to make sure my tubes were open and that’s basically it.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Treated 2015
I feel Dr. Allon is stretched very thin. He does not handle any of the actual fertility protocols but only the procedures. He knows your name when he enters the room before the procedure. He has a great bedside manner but if you want to speak with him during treatment you have to pay for a consultation fee....Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse....[The nurses] prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA
He has a great bedside manner and is a wonderful doctor. He just has limited time because of the number of patients at the clinic. He really needs a partner at his practice
Be ready for limited communication from him, everything comes from the nurse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alex, Aurora, Monica )
They prayed with us before the transfer and each called me when we received the negative BETA