5.8

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Alper] was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options....He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF.
Strengths: non-judgemental, professional, caring. I can't think of any weaknesses [of Boston IVF]... [the nurse] was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional....After testing and receiving the unknown infertility diagnosis, IUI was suggested. After 2 rounds of IUI with clomid, a third round was attempted with monitoring. After our failed attempts Dr Alper recommended IVF. He stated from the beginning that IVF would have the highest success rate but it was our choice to trial the IUI's first...
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
He was honest and I felt he directed me the best way he knew how. I trusted his recommendations and I believe he gave me the best options. He wasn't pushy on which path to take. He listened to my concerns and even was willing to make adjustments based on those concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Ask questions. He's very easy to talk with.
Describe the protocols Michael Alper used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbra)
She was wonderful. Great communicator. Very professional.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Alper was very knowledgeable with everything he told us and was very up front with what he thought the best course of action was for us. He never sugar coated things, but he wasn't so blunt about it that it seemed hurtful. He knew our case well and we both (husband) felt very comfortable in his presence. He was very sure of himself, which made our confidence in him high as well. Sometimes we felt a little rushed during our time with him, which usually lasted 1/2 hour or less, I knew I could contact his office at any time.
[Boston IVF- S. Portland is] Expensive, but accommodating to your schedule. Will try to get you in as soon as possible. Very clean and staff very knowledgeable. It's a scary process, but the staff there was nothing but friendly and sensitive to the topics at hand, knowing how sensitive it is for people/couples.... [The nurse was] Very thorough, always answered my calls or called me back quickly. Also responded promptly to e-mails providing the information I requested and never treated me like any of my questions were "stupid" or "irrelevant"
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Be patient and trust his expertise. It's such a hard reality not being able to conceive, but the experts know the best ways to handle your particular situation. Dr. Alper is definitely an expert in the field.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
Dr. Alper was great with us - he knew our case very well and spoke to us in terms we could always understand. While our visits with him were usually brief and seemed a little rushed, he let me know that if I had any questions I could contact without hesitation and gave me contact info.
Dr. Alper's first piece of treatment was recommending having my right fallopian tube removed because it was leaking toxic fluid, preventing implantation. After that, he wanted us to try rounds of clomid to test ovulation. Once that was found unsuccessful, he wrote up a process for treatment through IVF for us. While we have not started the IVF process due to cost, we are hoping to in the near future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbara DelSignore)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Office did not take my insurance, so we had to pay $200 out of pocket every time we saw the doctor.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A [Michael Alper] feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.... The first procedure was a natural IUI (no hormones). This was before we knew how messed up my natural cycles where. After that first cycle, we had ultrasound and blood test monitoring for each cycle to determine the best time for IUI. In addition to that, we also used ovadril shots for triggering and meds to keep my periods regular.
The entire staff at BIVF is caring, compassionate, and invested in each patient's process. Each time I would go in for an IUI, the nurse would take the time to explain the results of the sperm analysis and also wish me the best of luck. When they called to provide the negative results, you could also hear the pain in their voices. It meant a lot knowing they cared so much... One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
How was your experience with Michael Alper at Boston IVF?
My husband and I always left each consultation with dr A feeling much more positive and informed. He provided detailed insight on why cycles may have failed and why he's making the changes to the process he was making.
Do research prior to the first meeting and bring your questions written down. There is so much information being provided. It's good to have a way to document it during the meeting.
Dr A provides very clear information and does not sugar coat. He also understands the emotional rollercoaster aspect involved with these treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The strengths are the staff. All staff are kind, caring and extremely knowledgeable. One weakness is the billing. It's tough to gain clear understanding on how pieces of the process are billed to insurance or need to be out of pocket.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Alper at Boston IVF.
Costs surrounding consultations, blood work, ultrasounds, genetic testing, diagnostic procedures, and IUI procedures.