Nurse available by email
Arlington, VA 22203
Fairfax
3620 Joseph Siewick Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael DiMattina to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dominion Fertility to a friend?
[Dr. DiMattina] is very kind, calm, and confident. From the first time he came in to monitor me, he was asking me personal questions about my career and interests. He remembers details about those little things on each visit. He definitely exudes a command over these procedures, but does so in a very reassuring way...My egg retrieval went perfectly. Embryo fertilization went perfectly. My embryo transfer also went perfectly. I kept sharing with my friends and family that the entire process from the start of my cycle to the transfer was so straight forward and easy - which I did not expect it to be!
This clinic [Dominion Fertility] is wonderful. The offices and lobby are always neat and clean, and the waiting area is comfortable. The front desk staff will always greet you with kindness and a smile. Appointments are made very efficiently over the phone, and I have never been kept waiting past an appointment time before seeing the doctor. Billing is even around the corner and incredibly helpful - they will answer any and all questions you have about costs of treatment on the spot. If I had just one issue, and it's a slight one, it would be that you can almost never reach a nurse directly in real time - you'll have to leave a voicemail at the nurses' desk, and they will return your call. At times, this can take a few hours, but they never make you wait more than a day for a return call, so it's really a minor issue.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. DiMattina is, as I mentioned before, kind, calm, controlled and clearly an expert in his field. As he was monitoring my follicles for retrieval, he was able to assess almost instantly whether or not we were ready for the procedure. My egg retrieval went perfectly. Embryo fertilization went perfectly. My embryo transfer also went perfectly. I kept sharing with my friends and family that the entire process from the start of my cycle to the transfer was so straight forward and easy - which I did not expect it to be! I believe Dr. D played a huge role in that. I also believe that Dr. D genuinely is invested in helping families like ours create a life together, and although we weren't successful with this treatment, we intend to try again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
I would recommend that you try to allow yourself to trust that he will give you the information that you need, but if you want more details (like the size of your ovarian follicles on each visit, for example), you should ask him questions. I have no doubt that he is happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. D is very kind, calm, and confident. From the first time he came in to monitor me, he was asking me personal questions about my career and interests. He remembers details about those little things on each visit. He definitely exudes a command over these procedures, but does so in a very reassuring way.
Describe the protocols Michael DiMattina used in your cycles at Dominion Fertility and their degree of success.
I was put on a daily dose of baby Aspirin to help with the lining of my uterus. Once our embryo was fertilized, I began taking supplemental progesterone and estradiol to prepare my body further for planned implantation. I also was to refrain from certain activities after my embryo transfer to attempt to secure implantation. The rationale for all of these is that combined, they offer the best possible chance for an embryo to implant into the uterus for pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amy (called me the most))
I can't say enough about the incredible nursing staff and coordinators at Dominion Fertility Arlington. Every nurse at every visit is kind, friendly and eager to make you feel comfortable. Being poked with needles for blood draws and having sonograms every other day during follicle monitoring can be unpleasant, but the nurses remain positive and calm - and they all seem to know how to draw blood very delicately. I have always felt very comforted by the staff at Dominion.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
This clinic is wonderful. The offices and lobby are always neat and clean, and the waiting area is comfortable. The front desk staff will always greet you with kindness and a smile. Appointments are made very efficiently over the phone, and I have never been kept waiting past an appointment time before seeing the doctor. Billing is even around the corner and incredibly helpful - they will answer any and all questions you have about costs of treatment on the spot. If I had just one issue, and it's a slight one, it would be that you can almost never reach a nurse directly in real time - you'll have to leave a voicemail at the nurses' desk, and they will return your call. At times, this can take a few hours, but they never make you wait more than a day for a return call, so it's really a minor issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dominion Fertility.
Monitoring appointments happen in the mornings every day of the week, starting slightly later on the weekends. You can come in anytime during the window of about three hours. They almost always see you within ten minutes of your arrival time, and I was never there more than 20 minutes or so. For my personal schedule (I work afternoons and nights), it is a little challenging because I must be in there before 9 AM, but for most people working in jobs during the day, I imagine it's a very convenient process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility.
Because Virginia doesn't have a mandate for fertility treatment coverage through health care, patients pay for all of treatments out of pocket. Prior to starting treatment, we did a mock embryo transfer and a water sonogram, which cost us a total of $650. Most everything that occurs during a Natural Cycle IVF treatment (monitoring, egg retrieval, semen collection, fertilization, embryo transfer, etc.) is covered under a package price of $4900. We also paid for assisted hatching of the embryo at $500. Anesthesia for the egg retrieval is an additional separate cost of $500, and then there is the cost of medications, which for us was around $300. All in all, our treatment cost us around $6850.
Describe Michael DiMattina's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dominion Fertility.
This particular question is not applicable to us for this treatment, because we did a Natural Cycle IVF (there was only one egg produced by my body naturally for retrieval).
+ Read more- Read less

If you're the kind of patient who wants your hand held and wants to understand in detail every step of this process, he [Dr. Dimattina] may not be your guy...We only got 1 PGT-A normal embryo in the first cycle, so we did another one...Despite repeated attempts, Dr. D. consistently refused to answer questions specific to my case. When I would ask, he would either resort to flattering platitudes or tout his own expertise, but he would not give me details when I was trying to better understand my own treatment.
I love the clinic [Dominion Fertility] as a whole. It's very convenient, clean, easy to schedule appointments, and organized. I feel very well taken care of by all of the staff...All of the nurses I have dealt with have been very competent and compassionate. There is only one nurse who is not very good at drawing blood, and I wince every time it's her turn because she has trouble doing it and it's very painful...During my first cycle, I was told three different numbers at various points regarding how many of my eggs were mature.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
I fully trust Dr. D's medical expertise - that is why we stayed with him when we had to do a second cycle. However, I found it incredibly frustrating that when I would ask specific questions about my case, like why do you think our results were below expectations, or why are you choosing the same medical protocol when it didn't work that well before, or how many follicles do you see (during a monitoring appointment), he would never give me specific answers and often seemed to take offense that I was asking questions at all, like I was questioning his ability or something.
If you're the kind of patient who wants your hand held and wants to understand in detail every step of this process, he may not be your guy.
I used an antagonist protocol with estrace starting on Day 19 before the IVF cycle, then 150 of Follistim and 150 of Menopur nightly until starting Ganirelex around mid-cycle. We only got 1 PGT-A normal embryo in the first cycle, so we did another one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holli)
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
I love the clinic as a whole. It's very convenient, clean, easy to schedule appointments, and organized. I feel very well taken care of by all of the staff. I felt less like a fertility factory than Shady Grove.
Pretty efficiently run. I was usually in and out between 30-45 minutes.
I chose a package that included up to two retrievals (embryo banking) and up to two transfers as needed until a live birth. The total cost was around $28,000, which included the retrievals, all monitoring, ICSI, assisted hatching if needed. That cost did not include IVF meds ($5-9k), anesthesia for egg retrieval ($500), PGT-A testing ($150/embryo).
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Dimattina] almost always only does single embryo transfers...is very knowledgeable and explained everything in person. I cried during our testing results appt and he immediately stopped, asked how I was doing, and if we wanted to stop and whether I wanted to come back...After our testing results appt, Dr D told us to call him with any questions. We called him a few days later...called me back only a few minutes later. I also was able conference call my husband into the call and Dr D. answered all of our additional questions.
Everyone in the office [of Dominion Fertility] were friendly and welcoming. Very personable and they all seem to genuinely care about you...our current plan is to do traditional IVF with our own eggs and sperm...Holli is my primary point of contact...She's my nurse and will be there with us through the whole process. I'm able to contact her via the phone or email and so far she's been great...There's only metered street parking, but there are tons of spaces so you don't have to worry about driving around the block multiple times. The clinic itself is clean, updated, and modern. The receptionists are very helpful and there are dedicated financial coordinators who are there to deal with all of the insurance and payment stuff.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr D is very knowledgeable and explained everything in person. I cried during our testing results appt and he immediately stopped, asked how I was doing, and if we wanted to stop and whether I wanted to come back. He is not an overly emotional dr, but I didn't want that. I wanted and needed someone who could show compassion but also focus on the plan and the future and that's exactly what he does.
It's ok to be nervous going into the appt and to be overwhelmed with all of the information you're getting. After our testing results appt, Dr D told us to call him with any questions. We called him a few days later and recalled me back only a few minutes later. I also was able conference call my husband into the call and Dr D. answered all of our additional questions.
Everyone in the office from the receptionist to Dr Dimattina were friendly and welcoming. Very personable and they all seem to genuinely care about you.
We're still early in the process but our current plan is to do traditional IVF with our own eggs and sperm. I'll be starting the injections soon. I have low ovarian reserve despite my age, so we're doing this as soon as possible to get as many good eggs from me as possible. My husband's sperm has morphology issues so we'll probably end up doing ICSI. Dr D only does FET because the outcomes are much better than the fresh embryo transfers, and we'll be doing PGS since my ovarian reserve is low. I'll be sure to update as I progress through everything.
Holli is my primary point of contact with Dr D's office. She's my nurse and will be there with us through the whole process. I'm able to contact her via the phone or email and so far she's been great.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
We're lucky that our insurance covers infertility treatment. They do all of the pre-authorizing and tell us what is and is not covered by insurance.
He almost always only does single embryo transfers, I think they are very rare cases where he might do multiple. With the technology today, especially the PGS there isn't the need to do multiple with the hope that at least one will take.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility.

His [Dr. Michael DiMattina] bedside manner is very blunt, and he seemed personally offended by any questions I had about the process, like he expected me to have blind faith since he was the expert. I understand that he is, but strongly feel given the nature of this science, patients will have questions and it’s only professional to answer them willingly. I am by no means a pushy person, but he made me feel I was by rolling his eyes when I’d ask questions or sarcastically saying things like, “someone’s been doing research.” He told us many times that he’d “get me pregnant” and when that didn’t happen, he just kept repeating that most people do; he seemed more frustrated than compassionate and didn’t have much to offer in terms of how we might do things differently.
I like the clinic [Dominion Fertility] a lot. It’s a nice facility that is easy to get to with ample parking. The financial counselor is clear and upfront about costs, and she has been very helpful with communicating with the insurance company on my behalf. I have never had a billing issue. Appointments run on schedule. My calls and emails are always returned that day, and the nursing staff and IVF coordinators are wonderful people. The clinic does have fairly rigid rules about only doing frozen transfers and they almost mandate PGS testing. This may not work for all patients.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
His bedside manner is very blunt, and he seemed personally offended by any questions I had about the process, like he expected me to have blind faith since he was the expert. I understand that he is, but strongly feel given the nature of this science, patients will have questions and it’s only professional to answer them willingly. I am by no means a pushy person, but he made me feel I was by rolling his eyes when I’d ask questions or sarcastically saying things like, “someone’s been doing research.” He told us many times that he’d “get me pregnant” and when that didn’t happen, he just kept repeating that most people do; he seemed more frustrated than compassionate and didn’t have much to offer in terms of how we might do things differently.
I would say have a very thick skin and be prepared to advocate for yourself.
He personally called to give me the news after both transfers, which I appreciated. His manner is brusque, and he said to me many times that he would have expected me to be pregnant by now as most of their patients are within two transfers. He seemed frustrated that I fell outside what works for the rest of the practice, but he didn’t offer many suggestions of things to do differently for me next time.
I was on the antagonist protocol for both IVF cycles. I do not know the rationale for this, but it seems to be a common protocol. I ended up with one genetically normal embryo from each retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen Machovina)
The nursing staff is compassionate, organized, friendly, and helpful. I loved all of them.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
I like the clinic a lot. It’s a nice facility that is easy to get to with ample parking. The financial counselor is clear and upfront about costs, and she has been very helpful with communicating with the insurance company on my behalf. I have never had a billing issue. Appointments run on schedule. My calls and emails are always returned that day, and the nursing staff and IVF coordinators are wonderful people. The clinic does have fairly rigid rules about only doing frozen transfers and they almost mandate PGS testing. This may not work for all patients.
Most monitoring appointments were fairly quick, and I was able to get to work on time afterwards. On weekends they took longer because only one of their three clinics is open on weekends and it wold be more crowded because of that. Still though, it wasn’t bad.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage at 60% with a $2500 out of pocket max.This means I paid that plus fees to have embryos genetically tested and stored.
My doctor would only transfer one genetically tested embryo at a time, which I was comfortable with.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. D [DiMattina] was always upfront about the treatment. Natural IVF is not offered at many clinics, but Dr. D takes the time educate his patients and select the best option for treatement. I never had any doubts about his knowledge and experience...Since I was younger (30) when I started treatment and I was doing fertility treatment due to male factor, I was recommended the Natural IVF cycle. This was great because it was the quarter of the cost of one cycle, and there were little use of extra hormones. I came to the office about 4-5 times fir blood test and ultrasounds (to track the growth of my egg). With Natural IVF there is only one egg produced at a time. Then when my egg was mature enough I was told to do a trigger shot (which speeds up the maturity). Within 36 hours I was in the office for an egg retrieval. I came back 5 days later for transfer. While waiting for my transfer I was prescribed progesterone and estrogen.
Since I was younger (30) when I started treatment [at Dominion Fertility] and I was doing fertility treatment due to male factor, I was recommended the Natural IVF cycle. This was great because it was the quarter of the cost of one cycle, and there were little use of extra hormones...The nurses are amazing! They are your cheerleaders all the way thru!..We used Natural Cycle IVF. It took three treatment cycles to be successful (2 did not reach the egg transfer stage). In total we spent 16,500...The Arlington office is the best! Get there early for monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. D was always upfront about the treatment. Natural IVF is not offered at many clinics, but Dr. D takes the time educate his patients and select the best option for treatement. I never had any doubts about his knowledge and experience.
Dr. DiMattina will recommend the best treatment for you. Though the initial test seem daunting they help develop the picture of what is the best path to conceive. Never be afraid to ask questions, Dr. D will always take time talk to you.
Dr. D was awesome! He was encouraging and made me feel confident about the treatment plan (NC-IVF).
The nurses are amazing! They are your cheerleaders all the way thru!
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The Arlington office is the best! Get there early for monitoring hours.

2011 - 2016
If you need hand holding, he's [Dr. DiMattina is] not for you. However, for us it was more important to feel we were receiving the best medical treatment and he is highly competent. He's blunt and gets right down to business but in the end he actually opened up and grew on us a bit. He's progressive (first to offer PGS and PGD along with natural cycle IVF, which worked for us on our 2nd pregnancy). He will try different approaches quickly if something is not working...
[Dominion -Arlington clinic is] Very organized, convenient locations and hours, accommodating and competent medical staff. We had a few bumps in the road with billing and some communications that weren't clear. This wasn't typical for them...They had a long time window for monitoring so you can easily pick a time convenient for you. Wait times varied greatly depending on patients that day. I've gotten in 5 minutes, but sometimes waited up to 30...
2011 - 2016
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
If you need hand holding, he's not for you. However, for us it was more important to feel we were receiving the best medical treatment and he is highly competent. He's blunt and gets right down to business but in the end he actually opened up and grew on us a bit. He's progressive (first to offer PGS and PGD along with natural cycle IVF, which worked for us on our 2nd pregnancy). He will try different approaches quickly if something is not working.
Trust him.
The staff and doctors knew us by name, especially the nurses whom you see a lot during monitoring.
First pregnancy- egg retrievals using hormone injections. First cycle was a fresh transfer (unsuccessful). He believed my body did not want to get pregnant while having the drugs in my system so we waited a month and next cycle was a natural cycle frozen transfer which resulted in a baby. 2nd pregnancy- 4 yrs later had diminished ovarian reserve. Got fewer and less quality eggs; 2 transfers, no pregnancy. Switched it up to natural cycle IVF. Pregnant on first try.
Fantastic.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
First 3 cycles covered by insurance. Paid out of pocket for last 2. They would not offer us a guarantee package due to my low ovarian reserve even though I was only 34.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. DiMattina] was always available by phone or message. After every disappointing result, he'd ask us in for follow up personal visit with a hug and a smile. When we did conceive, Dr. D (as he's called), called the little dot on the sonogram our "baby". Every other doctor called that the "embryo."...His approach is one of minimal drugs and truly adhering to nature – only transferring the number of embryos naturally conceived without any drugs. The doctor's job is to simply monitor your natural cycle. If and when it does not work out, the solution is always to try again the next month...
Monitoring [at Doninion - Arlington] is by default a disorganized event. Some days there are very few women in the waiting room and other days it is packed with a line out the door. Typically at this clinic, they see you quickly. However, they separate the blood draw from the sonogram and you are forced back into the waiting room a second time in between the two. It is an aggravating experience where you wish they would just combine it all into one visit...
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. D was a warm and caring Doctor. After the third or fourth cycle failed, however, the answer was always the same: come in for a chat. But talking was not going to ever change the outcome of our failed fertility cycles. By the time it was over, I wanted to only see Dr. Gordon. He was younger, fresher and seemingly more up to date on the latest medical studies
Use all the doctors at Dominion. If you're going the natural cycle route, that's what they will do anyway because no doctor can be in seven days a week. Read up on Dr. Gordon and his publications online before selecting a doctor at Dominion
He was always available by phone or message. After every disappointing result, he'd ask us in for follow up personal visit with a hug and a smile. When we did conceive, Dr. D (as he's called), called the little dot on the sonogram our "baby". Every other doctor called that the "embryo."
Dominion fertility is a "natural cycle" IVF clinic pioneer in the field. Dr. D led this revolution on the East Coast after studying in Europe for sometime. His approach is one of minimal drugs and truly adhering to nature – only transferring the number of embryos naturally conceived without any drugs. The doctor's job is to simply monitor your natural cycle. If and when it does not work out, the solution is always to try again the next month. That is very much in line with nature and God's creation. However, it all falls apart after the sixth cycle failure and $40,000 gone... However, most women will probably conceived with Dr. D in 1, 2 or maximum 3 cycles ... so this is not an issue
Nurses were amazing - like family. They felt your highs and lows with you. Called at all hours and were available to you the same. Each morning was a ray of sunshine with the nurses even though you'd just seen them and were stressed in general about IVF
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
I choose Dr. D Matina because he was the longes running partner at the clinic and natural cycle IVF pioneer in the US. However, in hindsight I would have done some more homework and selected Dr. Gordon as my primary endochronologist for a variety of reasons
Monitoring is by default a disorganized event. Some days there are very few women in the waiting room and other days it is packed with a line out the door. Typically at this clinic, they see you quickly. However, they separate the blood draw from the sonogram and you are forced back into the waiting room a second time in between the two. It is an aggravating experience where you wish they would just combine it all into one visit
The cost quoted is not exactly the same as the cost billed per natural cycle IVF. There are additional hidden fees that are not self evident as part of the process, so the monthly bill is roughly $1,000 to $2,000 higher than what is quoted to you for a natural cycle. Heads up!
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr Michael DiMattina] was very direct and honest, which I appreciated. Bedside manner was good enough - I was not trying to find a new best friend, rather the best doctor that would give me the results I wanted, and he was definitely the one. He is a leader in the industry and treated my case with the attention I desired.
I appreciated being able to email with the nurses [at Dominion Fertility]. They also emailed me with the protocol each day, which was great so that I didn't have to write it down from a voicemail. They answered all questions promptly and candidly...I selected a package that allowed 2 retrievals and unlimited implantations. It also included assisted hatching, ICSI, etc. therefore making it almost equivalent to the cost of doing everything a la carte. I luckily didn't need the 2nd round, but don't mind that I paid a bit more for the peace of mind.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
He was very direct and honest, which I appreciated. Bedside manner was good enough - I was not trying to find a new best friend, rather the best doctor that would give me the results I wanted, and he was definitely the one. He is a leader in the industry and treated my case with the attention I desired.
Know that you aren't going to get a lot of warm-fuzzies, but will ideally get the results you desire.
He remembered me each time and spoke to me like a person. The nurses were very responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
I appreciated being able to email with the nurses. They also emailed me with the protocol each day, which was great so that I didn't have to write it down from a voicemail. They answered all questions promptly and candidly.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
On time appointments, clean office, organized billing, caring nurses, successful results.
I went in for monitoring first thing in the morning when they opened. A nurse would take my blood and then I would see one of the 3 doctors for the ultrasound. I would say I had to wait 10-20 maximum, sometimes only 5.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. DiMattina was very clear in his explanation of the need to try IVF with genetic testing to avoid another miscarriage...He is very candid and some may find him too blunt, but I liked his straight forward explanation...gonal-f and menopur for 9 days triggered on day 10 and froze embryos and 3 came back normal. I have 2 left for a sibling for my son...They are a great team and they provided the support and compassion I needed
the weekends [at Dominion Fertility] get pretty busy and you have to wait...They open very early in the Arlington office M-F...the nurses are amazing, especially Sam and Natalie, but the whole staff really is invested in their patient's success. I had some really wild mood swings and they talked me off the roof more than once...They are a great team and they provided the support and compassion I needed especially day 5-6 of stims when I had a minor meltdown.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: natalie sofia, Sam)
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
I wish they had better parking, but I used metro for most early morning visits. the weekends get pretty busy and you have to wait.
They open very early in the Arlington office M-F, but weekends get busy and the wait time increases.
I was lucky to have some coverage for IVF, but ICSI/PGS was separate charge
Strong preference for transferring one.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He's [Dr. DiMattina]older so he is very blunt and direct, but I think it's because he knows what he's doing. He prefers to do his own monitoring and procedures, but I saw the other doctors as well. He is the medical director and it's clear the others look to him for guidance...Be prepared to do more listening than asking questions....Dr D is very blunt, and sometimes arrogant, but he knows what he's doing...They only transfer one embryo.
They [Dominion are well run, but we did have to travel some distance to Bethesda and then you have to go to Arlington for procedures. It was worth the travel, and they were flexible about monitoring time due to traffic....We did have to wait on the weekend in Arlington, but the Bethesda office was very efficient....All the nurses we interacted with were good, as well as the whole staff....They only transfer one embryo.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
He's older so he is very blunt and direct, but I think it's because he knows what he's doing. He prefers to do his own monitoring and procedures, but I saw the other doctors as well. He is the medical director and it's clear the others look to him for guidance.
Be prepared to do more listening than asking questions.
Dr D is very blunt, and sometimes arrogant, but he knows what he's doing.
Stop Lupron protocol with max drugs starting on day 2, retrieval was day 11.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Sofia)
All the nurses we interacted with were good, as well as the whole staff.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
They are well run, but we did have to travel some distance to Bethesda and then you have to go to Arlington for procedures. It was worth the travel, and they were flexible about monitoring time due to traffic.
We did financial guarantee plan for 24k plus the cost of medications.
They only transfer one embryo.
Bethesda

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We had done two failed cycles at another clinic and I had 3 miscarriages so Dr. D [Dr. Michael DiMattina] suggested IVF with PGS...He is very direct and explains things like a scientist...The staff at Dominion Fertility always knew my name and situation at every monitoring appt.
All the nurses I dealt with were kind and knowledgeable...It was busy on weekends, but they [Dominion Fertility] open at 0630 during the week and I was able to get in and to work on time...The billing staff was very helpful with my insurance which luckily covered most of my treatment...They are true to their slogan, they provide personalized care. The only negative is the parking, it's hard to find a spot.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
He is very direct and explains things like a scientist.
Write down your questions so you don't forget them during a consult.
We had done two failed cycles at another clinic and I had 3 miscarriages so Dr. D suggested IVF with PGS.
All the nurses I dealt with were kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
It was busy on weekends, but they open at 0630 during the week and I was able to get in and to work on time.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Michael Dimattina] would ask how we were and to call if we had any questions for him. but when we asked during monitoring he did would sometimes deflect or only answer when it was convenient for him. He was always ready to move onto next patient...My partner had many more questions later on and when ha asked, the Dr seemd to get defensive about it...I was hoping he would be a little more compassionate. But everything was business and he had to keep it running. He was always rushing off to the next patient.
He [Dr. Michael Dimattina] would ask how we were and to call if we had any questions for him. but when we asked during monitoring [at Dominion Fertility] he did would sometimes deflect or only answer when it was convenient for him. He was always ready to move onto next patient...My partner had many more questions later on and when ha asked, the Dr seemd to get defensive about it...I was hoping he would be a little more compassionate. But everything was business and he had to keep it running. He was always rushing off to the next patient.
How was your experience with Michael DiMattina at Dominion Fertility?
Dr Dimatinna was quick to diagnose my partner and suggested ivf immediately. Our consultation moved faster than I would like but he answered all our initial questions. My partner had many more questions later on and when ha asked, the Dr seemd to get defensive about it. So my partner and I decided he should have less contact just so it wouldn't upset me. I was the so called mediator asking questions for my husband and when the Dr started to brush off my questions I got very emotional. I felt like I needed to know more but he couldn't be bothered to answer them. I was already on all the meds and preparing for a transfer. I was hoping he would be a little more compassionate. But everything was business and he had to keep it running. He was always rushing off to the next patient. In the end the transfer was successful and test was positive. When I saw the baby on the screen I was happy but I think he expected me to show more emotion. He seemed disappointed. He then handed me a folder and said if I was happy with my experience, they would appreciate if I give them a glowing review. I liked him in the beginning at the consultation but then felt like he was always in a hurry later.
He has his system in place and it works for him. He doesn't like to have it slow down by spending more time to answer questions. if you need someone to be more personable, maybe choose another doctor.
He would ask how we were and to call if we had any questions for him. but when we asked during monitoring he did would sometimes deflect or only answer when it was convenient for him. He was always ready to move onto next patient.