Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolBaylor
ResidencyBaylor
FellowshipBaylor
220 Fort Sanders West Blvd. Suite 106
Knoxville, TN 37922
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Doody to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Initially he [Dr. Michael Doody] made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.... He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
At the first visit it was obvious Dr Doody wanted to help us. We sat in his office and he asked about our detailed history. He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Do your research and each treatment and don't be afraid to ask questions. We sort of just "went along" with what he suggested, instead of researching.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Initially he made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.
Describe the protocols Michael Doody used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville and their degree of success.
I had laparoscopic surgery to clean out my endometriosis. I then did 2 natural cycles before moving on to 50mg clomid for 3 cycles. We did clomid with IUI once and then HMG injections with trigger shot for 3 cycles. We didn't ask for a rationale on the type of injectables we did.
There were 2 main nurses that I had interaction with. They were nice and did their jobs well, but I sometimes felt they lacked compassion. They were very quick to return my calls, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Dr Doody won't do your initial pelvic exam or ultrasound. In fact, the only time we saw him was when we were talking. His nurse practitioner did the initial pelvic exam and all of my ultrasounds. His nurses did my IUI's. At the time I didn't realize that wasn't the norm, but now after seeing another RE, I know that's not how I want my fertility care be handled. The front staff was wonderful and always smiling. The nurses in the lab were also nice, but again I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. There was not real personal connection, and at one point I saw them 3-4 times per week.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
My out of pocket surgery cost was about $3,000, with insurance paying anything over that. My clomid cycles were about $200 each. That covered the clomid and progesterone blood work. My clomid with IUI was about $1,000, and my injectable IUI cycles were almost $2,500. My insurance paid for some of my infertility testing, but none of the treatments, so all of that was out of pocket.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Doody was amazing. He took the time to sit down and talk to us about our options. He knew money was an issue and really tried to help and do what was best financially and medicaly. I was recommened him to everyone.... We had laporscopy surgery to find out my tubes were blocked from scar tissue. After i was healed did months of Clomid then went in for hsg test. Finding out both tubes are now open. After more months of Clomid he recommend us moving forward with Ivf.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He's a great guy. Give him a shot
I love this office. The whole staff is amazing. Dr Doody took the time to explain everything in detail and just talked about our options. The office stafd was kind and very quick to get back in touch with us. Plus the office never felt like they were just trying to get money. They cared about what was best for us financially and medically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville. (Assigned nurse: Brenda)
I love so the nurses. They were nice and compassionate. They always called me back the same day if I had questions. They would also call me same day with bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
I have no weakness... I will be back if I ever need anything. The whole stafd was great. Even Heidi at the front desk. She is the face of this office. They are honest and kind. When you are spending many days a week at a doctor office this is important.
Iui.. $400 surgery 14,000 , hsg 2,000
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Doody] is amazing! He truly cares about his patients. He is very considerate of your feelings while still being straight forward with information. I always recommend him to anyone with fertility issues. I absolutely adore him.... When we were at our last visit due to a miscarriage, Dr. Doody began to get emotional as he was talking to us. It was truly genuine and so sincere.
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
He is amazing! He truly cares about his patients. He is very considerate of your feelings while still being straight forward with information. I always recommend him to anyone with fertility issues. I absolutely adore him.
Take it one step at a time.
Right before our first IUI appointment, my husband and I got our call that we had been matched with our son. At that time, we chose to forgo any treatments and focus on the adoption. Four short months after he was born we found out I was pregnant with our daughter with no treatments other than taking metformin. I went back to him about a year ago hoping to get pregnant with a third child. We got pregnant without any meds other than metformin again, but suffered a miscarriage. We haven’t had any positive results since, but we are just taking a natural route.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable and caring.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
This doctor’s office is a very welcoming place. It is also very clean. The two receptionists are absolutely wonderful! They truly make an effort to get to know you. I would recommend this group to anyone!!
I haven’t had any due to things happening naturally, but most fertility are expensive.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
My experience with Dr. Doody has been great, he always answers our questions and concerns in ways that we understand. He told me from the very first appointment to never hesitate to call the office with questions and to know that he will do everything he can to meet my goals...The entire staff seems to truly care about me and my husband and our desire to have a baby.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Ask lots of questions and do your own research on top of what you are hearing from the doctor.
I feel like I get treated like a human because as soon as I walk in the door I'm greeted and the nurses have always called me with results as promised. The entire staff seems to truly care about me and my husband and our desire to have a baby.
The nursing staff know what they are doing, they could be a little bit more compassionate. Sometimes they rush through things and to the patient it comes across that they don't care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Friendly staff, very organized and work with your schedule
I currently pay a $35 copay EVERY visit, which can be 3 times a week. My lab work and ultrasounds are covered through insurance. Nothing is covered for medicines, injections, and IUIs. Nothing will be covered if we have to go through IVF.
Knoxville
Dr Doody was extremely caring, kind, and compassionate. We could tell he really wanted us to become pregnant, he hurt with us when we didn’t, he was excited when we did, and heartbroken with us at every loss. We loved our experience with him....We tried Clomid for several months....We then went on to injectables and finally had our miracle baby girl....Dr Doody and staff took time to really get to know me. We became good friends. I never felt rushed or hurried. They always had time for us.
Be calm. Try to maintain patience as hard as it is
We tried Clomid for several months. I started having visual side effects from the drug and had to discontinue immediately. We then went on to injectables and finally had our miracle baby girl.
Same as Dr Doody. Caring, kind, and compassionate. We loved them all.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
We loved everything about this clinic. Wouldn’t change anything. They care about their patients and we still stop by to visit almost two years after my treatment. 200 characters is a lot to type. It’s hard to fill up that much space when you have nothing but great things to say.
Each IUI was close to $600. The injectables were over $1000 which we had to order from England. It was expensive. But we’ll worth it in the end.
Knoxville
He [Dr. Michael Doody] doesnt sugar coat anything but is caring at the same time. He gives options and just sits down and talks about options with you. It wasn't like he only wanted my money.... We did Clomid about 9 rounds. Different mg at a time.... Be prepared for him to be honest. He's amazing and kind, but he's gonna tell you what's up.
Dr doddy is a honest doctor. He doesnt sugar coat anything but is caring at the same time. He gives options and just sits down and talks about options with you. It wasn't like he only wanted my money.
The office was amazing and took time to answer all questions and give options.
We did Clomid about 9 rounds. Different mg at a time.
They were great. Always got back to me that day
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The staff here is amazing. Heidi at the front desk really makes this office amazing. Plus Andre the NP couldn't pair better with Dr doody. Even though I didnt get pregnant I still belive they are the best office
Ultrasound and blood work were mainly covered by insurance. Hsg was 2,000 and iui were around 400 each time depending on who did them in the office. Trigger shot was $100 and laparoscopy was 18,000
Other, Unexplained
I felt like he [Dr. Michael Doody] was very straightforward and made my husband feel comfortable. He was willing to schedule multiple appointments to discuss failures.... Liked that he was straightforward and factual and didn't give false hope. I liked that he was available. I enjoyed talking with him. He also performed a surgery and the scar was tiny. He didn't seem very open to innovative ideas.
Other, Unexplained
Make sure to be your own advocate.
I felt like he was very straightforward and made my husband feel comfortable. He was willing to schedule multiple appointments to discuss failures.
Three rounds of IUI. First two with clomid. Two injectable cycles with Menopur (one canceled due to poor response)
I had to stay on top of them for things like pre authorizations and to get blood work results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
It is difficult to get an appointment when I want it. I sometimes fee like I'm inconveniencing the staff when I call with questions.
600 per IUI. 800 for monitoring (blood and ultrasounds)
Describe Michael Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I have felt in the past that other doctors treated my husband and myself as just a number and tried to rush us into ivf. Dr. Doody took time to listen to our concerns and offered several other options we could try before moving on to ivf.... We have done 3 iui's, but none have worked due to male factor and stage IV endometriosis. Our next step is to have another laparoscopy and possibly remove an ovary due to a blocked tube.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He knows what he is talking about, listen to what he tells you to do.
Warm bedside manner. Details of procedures explained.
Very warm. Remembered me and our plan without having to read my chart.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The whole office is very warm and inviting. They are determined to do what they can to help you conceive.
Co pays we're due after ultrasounds. No cost for blood work. Iui was $540 if done with the NP
We have not tried embryo transfer