Available by cell phone
ResidencyBaylor
FellowshipBaylor
220 Fort Sanders West Blvd. Suite 106
Knoxville, TN 37922
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Doody to a friend?

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville to a friend?
Although his nurses and nurse practitioner do a lot of procedures, he [Dr. Michael Doody] is still very involved in the process. He also recognized that my husband was part of this process as well. My husband is also seen and thought of as a patient even though he’s not being tested as much as I am. I would recommend him to anyone struggling with infertility...very helpful and have communicated throughly. I feel valued when I am in his office.
How was your experience with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Dr. Doody was very thorough in our initial consultation. He has always been promot with communicating test results. Although his nurses and nurse practitioner do a lot of procedures, he is still very involved in the process. He also recognized that my husband was part of this process as well. My husband is also seen and thought of as a patient even though he’s not being tested as much as I am. I would recommend him to anyone struggling with infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
He is very thorough with all testing! He will get to the root of the problem and won’t stop until he does!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Unlike other doctors I’ve visited, Dr. Doody and his staff have been very helpful and have communicated throughly. I feel valued when I am in his office.
Describe the protocols Michael Doody used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville and their degree of success.
Dr. Doody used my records from my previous doctor to begin my treatment plan at his office. He throroughly reviewed my blood work and determined it needed to be redone because it was done incorrectly. I feel confident that he explored all of my records to find the best place to start. He gave me the option for IUI instead of telling me that was where we were starting. I felt like I had a voice for once. He had been incredible!
The nursing staff is so accommodating and friendly! They truly care about their patients. They are always willing to thoroughly answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
This clinic is busy, yet effective. With all the patients they see, they are still great with communicating with patients. Appointment times are always available and they make the best use of their staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
3,000.00
Knoxville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Doody at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.

Dr doody was very communicative and took time to explain the science behind each of the potential procedures when we met with him. But that was the last time that we ever saw him. We went through three IUIs without ever seeing him again. When our IUIs were ineffective there was no meeting with Dr doody to possibly think about other treatments. ... There was no optimizing or suggestions from the doctor or his nurses [CRM].
When you initially meet with Dr Doody and his nurses request that the doctor and nurses take the time to fully explain procedures to you. Let them know that you don't want to be handled as just a number.
The people at the front desk were friendly. The nurses, on the other hand, really rushed us through treatment. There were a few who seemed to be annoyed at our questions. We really had to pry for answers and explanations. Often times our concerns were met with skepticism or silence.
We began our first IUI with both of us on Clomid. Our second IUI had me on Clomid and my wife with an injectable. Our 3rd IUI was the same as the second. We never had a pregnancy. We essentially chose our own treatment. There was no optimizing or suggestions from the doctor or his nurses.
The nursing staff where my least favorite part of doctor duties office. As I said before, the front desk staff were mostly friendly and helpful. The back of the house staff were non-communicative and not compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The clinic is in Farragut. It is clean. The equipment is quite old. Ancient. We were very disappointed with the machines and tests that were used at this Clinic. With all the money going into these procedures I'm not quite sure why better equipment has not been purchased to date.
Cost for drugs, tests, and treatment are pretty on par for what they are around most of the country. We did have some issues getting our Diagnostics labeled as such through our insurance. This meant that we ended up paying more than I believe we should have.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville?
Knoxville

He [Dr. Doody] is a very kind man. He was tender hearted to tell us the hard things, like that I have endometriosis and that we would likely miscarry once he realized our baby wasn’t thriving and growing properly. He always knew what treatment was best for us...He talked with us for two hours during our consultation and got to know us so well. He done my laparoscopy and diagnosed me with endometriosis, which he took care of during surgery.
He is a very kind man. He was tender hearted to tell us the hard things, like that I have endometriosis and that we would likely miscarry once he realized our baby wasn’t thriving and growing properly. He always knew what treatment was best for us.
Trust him. If he says wait two months after a miscarriage before trying again.. if he says I think “this” would be best. Trust his knowledge and judgement.
Dr. Doody always had our best interest in mind. He talked with us for two hours during our consultation and got to know us so well. He done my laparoscopy and diagnosed me with endometriosis, which he took care of during surgery. He was there when we had our miscarriage and him and his staff was so kind to us during the whole process. He truly has blessed our family. Even though we haven’t been able to carry out a full pregnancy, he still helped us gain the angel baby we have now in heaven.
We took clomid and femara. Femara on day 3-7 of the cycle. Then on day 13, we went in for an ultrasound to see if our follicles were ready. That night we would do a trigger shot and 36 hours later we would go in for our IUI. One week from our IUI, I would go for a progesterone bloodwork test to see if I ovulated. Then we would wait one more week before testing for Pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
They knew us by name. We didn’t even have to sign in. They got to know our lives. They asked about our son, our lives, how we were doing and they just cared for us.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
They always listened to our needs. They are strong about always being sensitive to our issues. They worked with us because we live an hour away so they were good at helping revolve around our schedule.
Our medicine, trigger shots, ultrasounds, bloodwork for a month was about $1,200.00
Knoxville

Dr doody did two semen analysis, blood work on both of us, an ultrasound, and a glucose test. We have male factor infertility and my progesterone is slightly low so he gave me a progesterone supplement and then started me on 50 mg of clomid... I then needed a progesterone shot to start my cycle bc I didn’t ovulate due to overstimulation then we did 100 mg of clomid with an ultrasound and trigger shot followed by an IUI. This month I did 150mg of clomid and I have an ultrasound tomorrow
I feel so secure and I trust him completely thus far... he is so knowledgeable and really cares in making this successful and he is so supportive and encouraging. He has made over 7000 babies happen and spends an extensive amount of time with each patient making sure he knows absolutely everything and is doing all that he can to explain things in detail as well as all of the options that are a fit for your diagnoses
Trust him!
They are so sweet and supportive and they make a point to know your name and where you are in the process and they genuinely care about you as a person
They are so sweet and supportive. They ask about your day and your weekend. They hold your hand, offer to hold your hair back, offer snacks.. anything to make you comfortable. And they will also pray with you if you like. They don’t get worked up and they are always calm and rational even if you are in the middle of a come apart
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
They have your back and they want you to succeed!! They are not out to waste your money and they really do their research and testing. They get you in and they take care of you natter the day or time
So far about 2000

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Initially he [Dr. Michael Doody] made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.... He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
At the first visit it was obvious Dr Doody wanted to help us. We sat in his office and he asked about our detailed history. He laid out a plan for us and seemed hopeful. As our treatments went on and nothing was working, it seemed he got a little less interested. I felt myself having to take more control of my healthcare.
Do your research and each treatment and don't be afraid to ask questions. We sort of just "went along" with what he suggested, instead of researching.
Initially he made me feel heard and addressed all my concerns, but as the treatments went on, I felt he became less interested in finding out why nothing was working and just wanted to push me to the next treatment. I felt like he just gave up and wanted to move to IVF.
I had laparoscopic surgery to clean out my endometriosis. I then did 2 natural cycles before moving on to 50mg clomid for 3 cycles. We did clomid with IUI once and then HMG injections with trigger shot for 3 cycles. We didn't ask for a rationale on the type of injectables we did.
There were 2 main nurses that I had interaction with. They were nice and did their jobs well, but I sometimes felt they lacked compassion. They were very quick to return my calls, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Dr Doody won't do your initial pelvic exam or ultrasound. In fact, the only time we saw him was when we were talking. His nurse practitioner did the initial pelvic exam and all of my ultrasounds. His nurses did my IUI's. At the time I didn't realize that wasn't the norm, but now after seeing another RE, I know that's not how I want my fertility care be handled. The front staff was wonderful and always smiling. The nurses in the lab were also nice, but again I felt like I was on a conveyor belt. There was not real personal connection, and at one point I saw them 3-4 times per week.
My out of pocket surgery cost was about $3,000, with insurance paying anything over that. My clomid cycles were about $200 each. That covered the clomid and progesterone blood work. My clomid with IUI was about $1,000, and my injectable IUI cycles were almost $2,500. My insurance paid for some of my infertility testing, but none of the treatments, so all of that was out of pocket.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Doody went over our options each time we came to a point where we needed to change our plan. He was very honest and kind. He prayed with me before my surgeries and procedures and made sure I understood exactly what was going on.... I had a laparoscopic surgery to look at my ovaries and uterus. He found endometriosis and very cystic ovaries. I took 6 rounds of clomid staring at 50mg going up to 250mg with cycle day 13 ultrasounds, never ovulating.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Michael Doody at Fertility Center of Chattanooga?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Doody at Fertility Center of Chattanooga?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Doody at Fertility Center of Chattanooga?
Dr. Doody is very kind and while giving you truthful and straight forward information and opinions, keeps your feeling in mind.
Describe the protocols Michael Doody used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Chattanooga and their degree of success.
I had a laparoscopic surgery to look at my ovaries and uterus. He found endometriosis and very cystic ovaries. I took 6 rounds of clomid staring at 50mg going up to 250mg with cycle day 13 ultrasounds, never ovulating. I also took Fermara/letrozole from 2.5mg to 15mg, again never ovulating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Chattanooga. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
Heidi and Sue up front and AMAZING. They remember each patient and details about their lives! It’s nice going in somewhere where they know you and ask how you’re doing!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Chattanooga.
The clinic is very organized and has a very kind staff. They will answer any question you have and explain anything until you’re comfortable! Dr. Doody, Andrea (the NP), and the staff are wonderful. I never left feeling confused or like I wasn’t in control of my care!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Doody at Fertility Center of Chattanooga.
My husband works with covenant health which is the group Dr. Doody is with so it change our cost of treatments just a little. I never had an IUI so I don’t know the cost but the cd 13 ultrasound was about $500.
Fertility Center of Chattanooga
Knoxville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Doody at Fertility Center of Chattanooga.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Doody was amazing. He took the time to sit down and talk to us about our options. He knew money was an issue and really tried to help and do what was best financially and medicaly. I was recommened him to everyone.... We had laporscopy surgery to find out my tubes were blocked from scar tissue. After i was healed did months of Clomid then went in for hsg test. Finding out both tubes are now open. After more months of Clomid he recommend us moving forward with Ivf.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He's a great guy. Give him a shot
I love this office. The whole staff is amazing. Dr Doody took the time to explain everything in detail and just talked about our options. The office stafd was kind and very quick to get back in touch with us. Plus the office never felt like they were just trying to get money. They cared about what was best for us financially and medically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville. (Assigned nurse: Brenda)
I love so the nurses. They were nice and compassionate. They always called me back the same day if I had questions. They would also call me same day with bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
I have no weakness... I will be back if I ever need anything. The whole stafd was great. Even Heidi at the front desk. She is the face of this office. They are honest and kind. When you are spending many days a week at a doctor office this is important.
Iui.. $400 surgery 14,000 , hsg 2,000

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I felt dr doody was very smart and trustworthy. Although I didn’t feel like he “knew” me when I was in the office. I trusted his approach still though. The nurses and other staff are kind as well. I did feel like my treatment had lots of stand still time and after moving on to a new dr I felt some time was wasted on a treatment that had a low percentage of working.... I had several 5-9 medicated rounds for iui. I only have one tube so many months went without an iui due to best follicles being on the side with no tube. I took several rounds of clomid, up to 200 mg, and some rounds of femara up to 10mg. Progesterone was always below 18 on day 21 showing I wasn’t responding very well to the medicines. Never resulted in pregnancy.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Trust his opinion. Know you will see nurses more than him and you’ll need to specifically ask to see him if you need to.
Most of the staff is very friendly and welcoming. But it is also very busy at times and I felt rushed. I had to specifically request to see the dr if I wanted to talk about options.
Very kind and caring. Sometimes rushed feeling though.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Heidi at the front desk is amazing. She knows each patient, remembers personal details and truly cares for the patients there. I always had a positive experience with the staff at the office, from the desk to the lab techs and nurses.
Insurance was able to over diagnostic tests and some blood work. Average iui cost was about $500. Also had two surgeries, paid about 2-3k out of pocket

2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Doody] is amazing! He truly cares about his patients. He is very considerate of your feelings while still being straight forward with information. I always recommend him to anyone with fertility issues. I absolutely adore him.... When we were at our last visit due to a miscarriage, Dr. Doody began to get emotional as he was talking to us. It was truly genuine and so sincere.
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
He is amazing! He truly cares about his patients. He is very considerate of your feelings while still being straight forward with information. I always recommend him to anyone with fertility issues. I absolutely adore him.
Take it one step at a time.
Right before our first IUI appointment, my husband and I got our call that we had been matched with our son. At that time, we chose to forgo any treatments and focus on the adoption. Four short months after he was born we found out I was pregnant with our daughter with no treatments other than taking metformin. I went back to him about a year ago hoping to get pregnant with a third child. We got pregnant without any meds other than metformin again, but suffered a miscarriage. We haven’t had any positive results since, but we are just taking a natural route.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable and caring.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
This doctor’s office is a very welcoming place. It is also very clean. The two receptionists are absolutely wonderful! They truly make an effort to get to know you. I would recommend this group to anyone!!
I haven’t had any due to things happening naturally, but most fertility are expensive.
Knoxville

Dr Doody is very open and honest about what’s going on and does not sugar coat. This can be hard but is also doesn’t give false hope. I leave meetings with him feeling positive and hopeful. He is very knowledgeable and trustworthy...We are switching to femara for our next cycle bc my body is not responding to clomid like he would hope...Iui 1. 50mg clomid, non monitored Iui 2. 100 mg clomid cd5-9, ultrasound and e2 day 13, hcg trigger shot night 13, iui day 15, progesterone blooddraw day 2
To just go meet with him!
Everyone in the doctor office is super friendly and helpful.
Iui 1. 50mg clomid, non monitored Iui 2. 100 mg clomid cd5-9, ultrasound and e2 day 13, hcg trigger shot night 13, iui day 15, progesterone blooddraw day 22 Iui 3. Sane as number 2 but with 150mg clomid. We are switching to femara for our next cycle bc my body is not responding to clomid like he would hope.
They are very friendly and ready to help. They encourage you to call in with any questions you have
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Convenient location, will come in on weekends. All Lab work is done in house which is nice. Weaknesses- unwilling to work around office hours like other clinics do. More expensive than other local clinics for same procedures.
$600 non medicated iui $1200 (including meds and all tests) for monitored, medicated, and hcg shot iui $280 semen analysis

Anovulation, Endometriosis
My experience with Dr. Doody has been great, he always answers our questions and concerns in ways that we understand. He told me from the very first appointment to never hesitate to call the office with questions and to know that he will do everything he can to meet my goals...The entire staff seems to truly care about me and my husband and our desire to have a baby.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Ask lots of questions and do your own research on top of what you are hearing from the doctor.
I feel like I get treated like a human because as soon as I walk in the door I'm greeted and the nurses have always called me with results as promised. The entire staff seems to truly care about me and my husband and our desire to have a baby.
The nursing staff know what they are doing, they could be a little bit more compassionate. Sometimes they rush through things and to the patient it comes across that they don't care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
Friendly staff, very organized and work with your schedule
I currently pay a $35 copay EVERY visit, which can be 3 times a week. My lab work and ultrasounds are covered through insurance. Nothing is covered for medicines, injections, and IUIs. Nothing will be covered if we have to go through IVF.
Knoxville
I only saw Dr Doody a couple times and was always handled by the RN. Appointments seemed rushed and not sufficient explanations. ... Dr Doody did a laparascopy on me and started me on clomid. ... He was a very compassionate Dr but never diagnosed my PCOS or endometriosis which it turns out I have both so that would explain my infertility. We ended up pregnant on a cycle they explained I did not ovulate on but it ended in a miscarriage. He was an average Dr with a huge patient load.
Demand answers and information from Dr and staff.
Dr Doody did a laparascopy on me and started me on clomid. We conceived on the cycle after being informed we did not ovulate but sadly we lost the baby.
Most of them were nice but a couple of them seemed unhappy and overworked everytime I was around them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The clinic was very clean and organized. The front desk ladies were always super nice and helpful. Retrieving results and information could have been easier. More compassion could have been shown by the nurses.
Expensive out of pocket cost. Laproscopy was scheduled and I was told the cost would be minimal for me but I owed them 20,000 afterwards. Very conflicting information given from front desk staff than what was billed.
Knoxville

Dr Doody was extremely caring, kind, and compassionate. We could tell he really wanted us to become pregnant, he hurt with us when we didn’t, he was excited when we did, and heartbroken with us at every loss. We loved our experience with him....We tried Clomid for several months....We then went on to injectables and finally had our miracle baby girl....Dr Doody and staff took time to really get to know me. We became good friends. I never felt rushed or hurried. They always had time for us.
Be calm. Try to maintain patience as hard as it is
We tried Clomid for several months. I started having visual side effects from the drug and had to discontinue immediately. We then went on to injectables and finally had our miracle baby girl.
Same as Dr Doody. Caring, kind, and compassionate. We loved them all.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
We loved everything about this clinic. Wouldn’t change anything. They care about their patients and we still stop by to visit almost two years after my treatment. 200 characters is a lot to type. It’s hard to fill up that much space when you have nothing but great things to say.
Each IUI was close to $600. The injectables were over $1000 which we had to order from England. It was expensive. But we’ll worth it in the end.
Knoxville

He [Dr. Michael Doody] doesnt sugar coat anything but is caring at the same time. He gives options and just sits down and talks about options with you. It wasn't like he only wanted my money.... We did Clomid about 9 rounds. Different mg at a time.... Be prepared for him to be honest. He's amazing and kind, but he's gonna tell you what's up.
Dr doddy is a honest doctor. He doesnt sugar coat anything but is caring at the same time. He gives options and just sits down and talks about options with you. It wasn't like he only wanted my money.
The office was amazing and took time to answer all questions and give options.
We did Clomid about 9 rounds. Different mg at a time.
They were great. Always got back to me that day
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The staff here is amazing. Heidi at the front desk really makes this office amazing. Plus Andre the NP couldn't pair better with Dr doody. Even though I didnt get pregnant I still belive they are the best office
Ultrasound and blood work were mainly covered by insurance. Hsg was 2,000 and iui were around 400 each time depending on who did them in the office. Trigger shot was $100 and laparoscopy was 18,000

Other, Unexplained
I felt like he [Dr. Michael Doody] was very straightforward and made my husband feel comfortable. He was willing to schedule multiple appointments to discuss failures.... Liked that he was straightforward and factual and didn't give false hope. I liked that he was available. I enjoyed talking with him. He also performed a surgery and the scar was tiny. He didn't seem very open to innovative ideas.
Other, Unexplained
Make sure to be your own advocate.
I felt like he was very straightforward and made my husband feel comfortable. He was willing to schedule multiple appointments to discuss failures.
Three rounds of IUI. First two with clomid. Two injectable cycles with Menopur (one canceled due to poor response)
I had to stay on top of them for things like pre authorizations and to get blood work results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
It is difficult to get an appointment when I want it. I sometimes fee like I'm inconveniencing the staff when I call with questions.
600 per IUI. 800 for monitoring (blood and ultrasounds)
Describe Michael Doody's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
I have felt in the past that other doctors treated my husband and myself as just a number and tried to rush us into ivf. Dr. Doody took time to listen to our concerns and offered several other options we could try before moving on to ivf.... We have done 3 iui's, but none have worked due to male factor and stage IV endometriosis. Our next step is to have another laparoscopy and possibly remove an ovary due to a blocked tube.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He knows what he is talking about, listen to what he tells you to do.
Warm bedside manner. Details of procedures explained.
Very warm. Remembered me and our plan without having to read my chart.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Knoxville.
The whole office is very warm and inviting. They are determined to do what they can to help you conceive.
Co pays we're due after ultrasounds. No cost for blood work. Iui was $540 if done with the NP
We have not tried embryo transfer