Medical SchoolUCSF
Trumbull, CT 06611
203.373.1200
425 Fifth Ave, 3rd Floor
212-754-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Doyle to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CT Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
2012
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Doyle was a warm and compassionate person. What impressed me (and my husband) the most was his "collaborative care" approach. He never dictated what procedure should take place. He told us all that were available and the likely success of each as well as the risks. Then he let us decide. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor...I started with one cycle of clomede (sp?) but did not get pregnant. Then he did an assessment of my husband's sperm quality and prescribed medication (clomed, I believe!) for poor sperm motility. He knew that I had had fibroid tumors removed in my early 20's and he did an assessment of my uterus and told me that it was scarred but he felt that wasn't necessarily a deal breaker. We did one round of IVF (fresh transfer) and I was "chemically" pregnant but it did not proceed further. He then tried ICSI and used a method (don't know the name) where he could place the egg onto the unscarred area of the uterus. And we got pregnant and had a baby boy!
2012
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
Tell him (if he doesn't ask which is unlikely) how you want the information and communication between he and you to happen. He absolutely wants whatever approach you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
Dr. Doyle and his entire staff were wonderful-extremely sensitive. Dr. Doyle asked me at the start how I wanted to be treated as a patient-did I want to know all the details? Only those that were relevant or as little as possible. He also treated my husband (poor sperm motility) and my husband was very pleased with Dr. Doyle and his staff.
Describe the protocols Michael Doyle used in your cycles at CT Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Doyle's staff is as excellent as he is. All treated me and my husband with great compassion. They intervened when my insurance company balked at paying for a second attempt. I never had a question as to what was going to happen next. It was explained thoroughly to us.
Describe your experience with CT Fertility.
I saw Dr. Doyle at Ct Fertility in 2012. I'm pretty sure that he sold the practice and I have no information on the current doctors/staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Doyle at CT Fertility.
My insurance company paid for all the costs. I have no idea!
Describe Michael Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CT Fertility.
He asked us first how we felt about selective reduction and how much we knew about the long-term outcomes of extreme preemies. We knew. We told him that neither our religion, personal feelings or whatever would make selective reduction an issue and we asked for as many embryos to be transferred as possible. He selected the best and transferred 3 the first time. I had a chemical pregnancy so on the second (and last attempt), he transferred all the viable embryos (6?) after, again, confirming that we wanted no more than twins BUT that I had what I felt was a selfish interest in not sharing/donating any embryos. He assured me that it was not selfish.
2013
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
I went through 3 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of IVF before moving on to an egg donor and a surrogate...Dr. Doyle was always very encouraging and always explained the positives and the negatives of each decision.
2013
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
I went through 3 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of IVF before moving on to an egg donor and a surrogate. Dr. Doyle was always very encouraging and always explained the positives and the negatives of each decision we made. We just went back last month to introduce him to our twin girls. He was thrilled for us.
He is am amazing doctor with a lot of knowledge and a lot of compassion
Dr. Doyle became like a friend during this process. We went to him after 8 years of unexplained infertility after I suffered a miscarriage at 17 weeks. He is very compassionate and also straightforward. He explains everything and is always very positive and encouraging even when things were not going so well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CT Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Steerer)
the nurses and the whole office staff in general were very organized and accommodating. My husband and I would come up from NYC for appointments and they never made us wait. They would take us immediately.
2009 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
He's [Dr. Doyle] very much a maverick and wants to move forward with treatment asap. I like that in a doctor - some people don't. He's extremely knowledgeable and has a lot of experience. His bedside manner could be better, but it's by no means awful. He's a bit rough when doing procedures and testing, but will listen if you speak up.
2009 - 2011
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
He's very much a maverick and wants to move forward with treatment asap. I like that in a doctor - some people don't. He's extremely knowledgeable and has a lot of experience. His bedside manner could be better, but it's by no means awful. He's a bit rough when doing procedures and testing, but will listen if you speak up.
Be sure his personality is a good match for you.
Sat down one on one to talk about my history, what I wanted out of the treatment and what treatments I did and didn't want. He was also honest (but not brutal) about what my chances of success were.
Very organized. Very responsive. ALWAYS called when they said they would - even if they were calling with bad news. The office runs like a well oiled machine. Wait times were short. If there was any kind of issue (doc delayed or at hospital), they let you know right away. Very easy to get early morning and weekend appointments.
2007 - 2013
3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Our calls were always answered quickly, the doctor [Michael Doyle] spoke with us whenever we needed help, the staff knew our names...He was always very reassuring. He cared about us and our success. He gave us attention and time whenever we needed it--via in person appointments, phone calls, and Skype chats. By the end of our journey, we felt like friends...We had a few instances of incorrect information given to us, but the errors didn't seem to affect our outcomes.
2007 - 2013
3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Michael Doyle at CT Fertility?
Our calls were always answered quickly, the doctor spoke with us whenever we needed help, the staff knew our names.
The nurses we worked with were kind, helpful, and timely. We had a few instances of incorrect information given to us, but the errors didn't seem to affect our outcomes. Overall, we became friends with the nurses and they were tremendous helper through our journey.
He was open to multiple embryo transfer especially after we had a number of unexplained miscarriages. We always transferred more than one embryo.
What specific things went wrong at CT Fertility?