Medical SchoolCornell
West Orange
475 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-325-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michael Drews to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Dr. Drew’s is highly intelligent and truly cares about the outcome of his patients treatment plan. I found him to be very knowledgeable during our consultation and I found his treatment plans to fall in line with what he stated during the consultation. I like that he took a different approach after the first transfer didn’t work. We are in the process of setting up our second transfer so we will see what the outcome is this next time around.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Write down all questions before you arrive so you can leave the consultation with a good understanding of what will take place next.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Drew’s is an excellent doctor with extensive knowledge about infertility. I feel he gets to the point and explains in detail what you need to know about the IVF process as well as what to expect. I do not feel he treats his patients like a number.
Describe the protocols Michael Drews used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
My first protocol consisted of Estrace, follistim, low dose hcg, ganirelix, and Pregnyl as the trigger. That protocol yielded 8 mature embryos. 7 made it to the next day, 5 made it to blastocyst stage, and 2 were genetically normal. My second protocol consisted of Estrace, Lupron, low dose hcg, follistim, and pregnyl as the trigger. That protocol yielded 15 embryos. 13 made it to the next day and 6 made it to blastocyst stage. We are waiting for the genetic testing results to come back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Hendricks)
Jill is very detail oriented and includes all the information you will need to understand your treatment plan. She calls when she says she will and answersquestions accordingly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is a good clinic with great doctors and nurses. Sometimes you do feel a little rushed because of the amount of people that have to be seen during morning monitoring. I feel it would help if they had more doctors and nurses on during that time to ensure quality of care and that questions can be answered by the doctor that is seeing you at that time. Overall, they work hard to get the job done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey.
It cost us a little over $12,000 after insurance. $6,000 was for genetic testing, freezing the embryos, and fees associated with retrieval and fertilization. $1,000 was for Lupron and Low Dose HCG because they needed to be compounded and came from a different pharmacy.
Describe Michael Drews's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Dr. Drew’s was very strong about transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We went with his recommendation. We are not sure as to what he will do for the next transfer.
West Orange
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Drews is a compassionate and honest doctor. He does not candy coat but he has a way with sharing information that leaves you feeling as if you are of personal importance to him. He provides relevant information in a professional yet compassionate way...He has humanized me in every way during this painful process ...he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
To trust that he is personally reviewing each and every one of your scans and would treats each patient as if it was his own daughter. You can feel it.
Dr drews is a very compassionate doctor. He has humanized me in every way during this painful process and though I have not ended up pregnant yet I feel he is personally committed to me
I have had 1 egg retrieval and 6 IVF cycles: IVF cycle 1- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer 1 D&C IVF cycle 2- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 D&C 1 Uterian biopsy IVF cycle 3- 5 day single FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer, benadryl 3 x day 1 shot methotrexate IVF cycle 4- 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 5 days before transfer IVF cycle 5 5 day double FET, estrace 3 x day, PIO 6 days before transfer 1 Hysteroscopy IVF cycle 6 - 5 day single FET, NATURAL cycle , endometrin 3 x day
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliviera )
My nurse Michelle is INCREDIBLE. She is the true lifeline through this painful and emotional process. She handles herself professionally, but she also has displayed a great deal of compassion to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA has been described as a baby factory, but I think I have been in their care for so long (18 months) that they are like family to me. I think selecting your doctor and nursing team is the best approach so do your homework beforehand as to what doctor you would like to care for you. Even if it means waiting 4 months for an appointment, it is so worth it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
The monitoring appointments are NOT my favorite. However I have found that there are better monitoring offices than others. After much frustration, I realized that it was better for me emotionally if I drove to the headquarters (40 min drive) as opposed to the office that was more geographic convenient (15 min drive). That literally made ALL the difference.
I am VERY lucky. My insurance has covered every single IVF bill except for the genetic testing of my embryo's, which was $5,000 out of pocket (plus my deductible of course). We decided to do a 2nd screening of my embryo's to take advantage of next generation technology and RMA comped this test - free of charge!
Dr. Drews opinion was that if I wanted 2 babies to put in 2 embryos. It was the recommendation of Maternal Fetal Medicine dr. to start to put 2 in to net 1.
2013 - 2016
He [Dr Michael drews] stepped up when I was released from RMA back to my doctors care and then had a miscarriage and my doctor wouldn't help me... Dr. Drews did without any hesitation. His bedside manner is amazing, and ultimately he did exactly what he said he would, he got us pregnant and we now have the most beautiful little 3 month old boy. We can't thank Dr. Drews enough. There are no words to say that adequately explain how genuinely thankful we are for him giving us the family we have always dreamed about. It was not an easy road for us. For some it will be but for others it may not. My advice is to stick with it.
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Drews is the most knowledgable infertility specialist in the game. If you want to have a baby, he's your guy! As one of the founders of RMA, he leads the pack! He always made us feel safe, like we were making the right decision and he never pushed us. He stepped up when I was released from RMA back to my doctors care and then had a miscarriage and my doctor wouldn't help me... Dr. Drews did without any hesitation. His bedside manner is amazing, and ultimately he did exactly what he said he would, he got us pregnant and we now have the most beautiful little 3 month old boy. We can't thank Dr. Drews enough. There are no words to say that adequately explain how genuinely thankful we are for him giving us the family we have always dreamed about. It was not an easy road for us. For some it will be but for others it may not. My advice is to stick with it. Stick with Dr. Drews or at the very least, with RMA! They will get you pregnant! It took us four years of trying and three with Dr. Drews but now that our son is here it feels like that Time is a distant memory. We look forward to going back next year and having Dr. Drews help us to add to our family!
Ask him anything, he is patient and kind and caring. He will be honest with you but you need to be honest and open to whatever he suggests in return.
We were lucky to be chosen for the NexGen IVF study. While in that study I did feel like "just a number". I thought well this is THE Baby making factory and I assumed that's just the way this worked. Once our IVF Study cycle was complete and ended in miscarriage we took a year off to regroup (I recommend NOT taking so much time), however; we did need to just get our heads back in the game. We met back with Dr Drews to discuss our game plan moving forward. He is the most kind and caring Doctor I've ever met. Not only did he do my D&C after we lost the baby from the 1st IVF FET (I wasn't under his care any longer but my doc wouldn't help me), he also sat with us before we were ready to try again and just really made us feel like we could do this. The second IVF FET were with our NexGen Study embryos but was a completely different feeling. I wasn't in the study and I wasn't treated like a number. I was finally a human and it really made feel good about getting pregnant! (My little miracle IVF baby is now 3 months old!)
We were lucky to be chosen to be in the NexGen IVF study, so once we had embryos from the study our only game plan was to do another IVF FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine)
I still email and call Josephine with updates! I send baby pics and ask her to forward our updates to Dr. Drews. The whole staff is amazing there. You go there enough and you end up really getting to know them!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I call RMA the baby making factory. It's filled with the top rated doctors in the infertility field. I'm so glad we chose RMA. I did look elsewhere but no one else compares!
RMA has everything you needed. Going in for blood work and ultrasound monitoring was easy
We are completely paying OOP for everything. Dr. Drews helped us with a discount when we did our second FET after the clinical trial we were in was over.
2013 - 2015
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Drews is an amazing physician that helped me become a mom. He was compassionate during difficult times, yet always remained realistic and positive. He always took time to discuss everything with my husband and I, so we fully understood protocols and procedures. Dr. Drews answered any questions we had and was always available. His knowledge and expertise is easily observable and truly cares for each patient...Dr. Drews always took time to explain procedures and status with us personally.
2013 - 2015
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust Dr. Drews expertise and follow all protocols given to you.
Dr. Drews always took time to explain procedures and status with us personally. He was always caring and realistic. He treated all of my physical and emotional needs.
I had 2 IUI's done first since egg quality was not of a concern. Both were unsuccessful. I then went trough an egg retrieval where we had the opportunity to freeze one embryo. We had icsi and pgd testing. The next month we transferred the embryo using a natural cycle and became pregnant. Unfortunately, at absolutely no fault of RMA I had a stillbirth at 37 weeks due to placenta and umbilical cord problems. About 6 months later I had another egg retrieval where I used a regiment of vitamins to help improve egg quality and hgh injections to increase egg quantity. I sucessfully had 14 eggs retrieved 13 embryos and 2 frozen blastocysts. We attempted one more retrieval as part of a banking package. My medications were slightly changed this time around. One more blastocyst was frozen from this retrieval. I then had an embryo transfer using a natural cycle and laser acupuncture, resulting in a pregnancy and live birth of a beautiful, healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Anne was amazing. She helped me with every step of my journey. She answered all my questions, addressed all of my concerns, and advocated for my care. Anne was always clear and on time with instructions and remained kind, calm, and positive during all treatments. She is very knowledgeable and has been in the field a long time. Anne is a true angel on earth.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a wonderful, highly organized clinic filled with amazing doctors, nurses, and personal. Everyone was always on the same page, very kind and knowledgeable. My only complaint is wait times during morning monitoring, but I took the time to relax and catch up with emails.
None, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Drews] is one of the founders of RMANJ. He treated myself and my wife with respect and compassion. He thoroughly explained fertility, treatment options, necessary testing, and how the clinic operates. He was genuinely happy when we had our daughter and genuinely disappointed when my wife had a more difficult time getting pregnant... Because of the cost of donor sperm we decided to do medicated cycles with back to back IUI. Clomid to grow more than 1 follicle. Ovidrel to more perfectly time ovulation. Back to back IUIs to more perfectly time ovulation.
None, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
He is one of the founders of RMANJ. He treated myself and my wife with respect and compassion. He thoroughly explained fertility, treatment options, necessary testing, and how the clinic operates. He was genuinely happy when we had our daughter and genuinely disappointed when my wife had a more difficult time getting pregnant.
Don't feel embarrassed. Ask as many questions as you need.
The entire staff at RMANJ are kind and knowledgeable. They go out of their way to explain things and make themselves available.
I'm a healthy woman in my early 30s. Because of the cost of donor sperm we decided to do medicated cycles with back to back IUI. Clomid to grow more than 1 follicle. Ovidrel to more perfectly time ovulation. Back to back IUIs to more perfectly time ovulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliveira )
Michelle has been our nurse through three different times trying to conceive. She is smart, kind, compassionate, available and reliable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Rmanj is amazing. The doctors and nurses are brilliant and compassionate. The receptionists are upbeat and competent. The financial advisors are wonderful advocates. The in house social worker was easy to speak with and specialized in fertility. The clinic itself doesn't close and has monitoring hours every day.
We have very good insurance. Once I hit my deductible it was 80/20. For 2 cycles of IUI, monitoring, HSG, saline sonogram, cd3 bloodwork, etc maybe $3500
12 IVF, 12 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Drews is very experienced and explains the procedures very well which brought a lot of comfort for me having gone through repeated non-successful cycles in my home country. He is trustworthy and uplifting....Large clinic [RMA] with a very good lab and very professional staff; but also lead for me to feeling more anonymous as there are changing doctors doing the monitoring, retrieval, etc...
12 IVF, 12 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliveira)
Extremely quick to communicate, went out of her way for us as I sometimes need more information to get the right medication in my home country, very supportive and always explained everything in detail which we wanted to know
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Large clinic with a very good lab and very professional staff; but also lead for me to feeling more anonymous as there are changing doctors doing the monitoring, retrieval, etc. All the nurses were always extremely helpful and compassionate
Very efficient monitoring process, first come first serve, but almost no waiting times as there are always several nurses for bloodwork and mostly more than one doctor doing ultrasound in several rooms, a bit of a wait toward the end of the monitoring hour time slot
The clinic only does single embryo transfers to keep down the risk of for mother and embryo
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
2010 - 2015
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr. Drews was compassionate and understanding at every turn. I always felt better after an appointment with him, understanding what was in the future and with all the information I needed to make a decision for my family. He has heard it all. He will patiently answer all your questions, not matter how insignificant or silly the seem to you.
2010 - 2015
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Be open, be honest. He has heard it all. He will patiently answer all your questions, not matter how insignificant or silly the seem to you.
I loved my care team. I did not have the result I wanted, a live birth, but never did I feel like a number or a bother when I had questions. I would recommend them to anyone. My nurse was always available and responded in a timely fashion, always the same day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Meghan)
How she was always there. I always knew I could call or email and she would get back to me. Even when she patiently explained things once she would always do it again if I needed it.
Morning monitoring is never fun, but it was efficient. Blood draws were done first, then ultrasounds. A little cattle call - ish, but at least it kept the process moving.
2004 - 2011
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Our discussions were thorough. Dr Drews took the time to ensure all of my questions and concerns were addressed....He is there to help. Talk to him about anything re: your treatment. He will take the time to make sure you fully understand the procedures & are ready to go through with them.... Because of my age (45) I did not produce many eggs & he suggested I consider egg donation.... I remember my experience with Dr Drews was very positive. He was always professional and did not rush me out of the office. There were only a couple of times when he was not present when I needed to be seen.
2004 - 2011
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
My twins are now 12 years old. But I remember my experience with Dr Drews was very positive. He was always professional and did not rush me out of the office. There were only a couple of times when he was not present when I needed to be seen.
IUI used a handful of times. Because of my age (45) I did not produce many eggs & he suggested I consider egg donation.
They were always pleasant, understanding and efficient. Also respected the right for privacy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have been in business for decades and have the knowledge and experience to treat any fertility issue
A lot! Approx $25k in total.
At the time, it was recommended that 3 embryos be transfer. I believe new testing techniques have improved chances of success of just one embryo transfer.
Morristown
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
There are not enough words in the English language to describe how wonderful Dr Drews, I'm externally grateful for everything that he has provided for me and my family...Very personable, knew information about my history prior to being a patient
How was your experience with Michael Drews at RMA of New Jersey?
Trust him and trust the process
Very personable, knew information about my history prior to being a patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce M)
Joyce is a miracle worker. She is kind, empathetic and patient. She is beyond invested. She has helped me maintain my sanity. Other than our children Joyce is the best part of our RMA experience
Well oiled machine. In and out in a timely manor