Shady Grove Fertility

Henrico
7607 Forest Ave
Richmond, VA 23229
804-256-2986

Strengths - Extensive knowledge base in the field. The ultrasound and HSG was pleasant experience as well. He [Dr. Edelstein] also explained everything during those procedures which was nice. ... Weaknesses - He did not test my husband and we later found out we have MFI as well. In my gut feeling I felt we had immune issues related to miscarriages but he did not support that and called our case by chance. After going to another doctor and having extensive testing done, we found out we had MFI and other immune issues that needed a specialized treatment.
The clinic [Fertility Institute of VA] was clean and organized. I appreciated the organization with setting up appointments and you saw the doctor almost every appointment. The front desk was great as well and made you aware of financial costs upfront. ... The nurses I did see were great and understanding. One nurse held my hand during the HSG as it was quite painful. They were so kind and truly were there for you.
How was your experience with Michael Edelstein at Fertility Institute of Virginia?
Strengths - Extensive knowledge base in the field. The ultrasound and HSG was pleasant experience as well. He also explained everything during those procedures which was nice. He was very nice and understanding doctor when talking about our story and what we had been through at that point. Weaknesses - He did not test my husband and we later found out we have MFI as well. In my gut feeling I felt we had immune issues related to miscarriages but he did not support that and called our case by chance. After going to another doctor and having extensive testing done, we found out we had MFI and other immune issues that needed a specialized treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Edelstein at Fertility Institute of Virginia?
Ask questions and listen to your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Edelstein at Fertility Institute of Virginia?
Dr Edelstein was very understanding and compassionate during the appointments and diagnostic procedure but he did not extensively look into why we were having the issue and called our case by chance.
Describe the protocols Michael Edelstein used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of Virginia and their degree of success.
HSG - open tubes for me. It was a good experience with this doctor and he explained everything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of Virginia.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Virginia.
The clinic was clean and organized. I appreciated the organization with setting up appointments and you saw the doctor almost every appointment. The front desk was great as well and made you aware of financial costs upfront.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Edelstein at Fertility Institute of Virginia.
We had diagnostic testing that majority was covered by insurance
Fertility Institute of Virginia
Richmond
Very nice staff [at Fertility Institute of Virginia]...The facility seems very nice; however, the walls seems paper thin. Having two locations is ideal and being able to complete things electronically. The care team could do more to acknowledge the presence of the non-carrying parent. When with my spouse, I feel completely ignored as a patient...[Dr. Michael Edelstein] Suggested which ovulation kits to purchase and when to call the office...speaks very fast and very detached from the process. Everything is very mater-of-fact. When giving his "spill" he did it the same as if we were a heterosexual couple trying to get pregnant...Strengths would be his longevity in the field and research. Weaknesses would be his length of time in the field. He seems detached and disinterested. If this is the 10,000th time he's given this spill it sure did feel like it
Strengths would be his longevity in the field and research. Weaknesses would be his length of time in the field. He seems detached and disinterested. If this is the 10,000th time he's given this spill it sure did feel like it.
Don't take his demeanor personal.
He's speaks very fast and very detached from the process. Everything is very mater-of-fact. When giving his "spill" he did it the same as if we were a heterosexual couple trying to get pregnant.
Suggested which ovulation kits to purchase and when to call the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Very nice staff
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Virginia.
Copay of $40